Broiling and smoking is not always the only way to get a smoky taste in your meat. There are other, cheaper ways that you can do it without having an expensive smoker box for gas grills.
The key lies within using wood chips or chunks as well as aromatic herbs like thyme or rosemary on top of whatever else cooking besides just raw hunks of beef so they give off their own flavor while still being cooked through from underneath all those fragrant toppings to cook thoroughly together before adding anything else such fire up under them again at high heat right when putting.
With additional features and benefits, the smoker box for gas grills is an excellent investment. It efficiently shields timber from burning while also generating smoke that can help you successfully cook food with better taste in mind.
If you are looking for the perfect smoker Smoker Box for Gas Grill, fear not because we have done the research and narrowed it down to 11 of our favorites. We’ve also compiled a list of tips that will help you make an informed decision about which one is best for you. Check out our buyer’s guide below to learn more.
What is a Smoker Box for Gas Grill?
A smoker box for a gas grill is a cylindrical smoker box made of stainless steel, aluminum, or cast iron which you can place beside your burner. The purpose of the smoker box is to contain heat and allow you to add flavor by means of smoking food on it while grilling.
Smoker boxes are specially designed with small holes on the sides to allow the smoke to escape and flavor your food. The smokebox can be used with any type of grill, whether it is gas, charcoal, or electric.
List of 11 Best Smoker Box for Gas Grills Reviews
1. Charcoal Companion CC4133 Smoker Box for Gas Grill
- Introducing the Charcoal Companion cast iron gas grill smoker box! This essential grilling accessory is perfect for adding flavor and smoke to your food. Simply fill the box with pre-soaked wood chips or pellets, and place it between the flame deflector bars on your gas grill. The perforations in the lid will promote air circulation, and the V-shape of the box will position the smoke right beneath the grill grates.
- You can also place the smoker box directly on the grill grates if you prefer. With this handy tool, you’ll be able to create delicious smoked foods that are packed with flavor and moisture. Add some variety to your grilling routine with the Charcoal Companion cast iron gas grill smoker box.
2. Char-Broil Stainless Steel Smoker Box for Gas Grill
- Looking to add some smoky flavor to your grilled meals? With our Char-Broil smoker box, it’s easy. Just add your favorite wood chip and enjoy the delicious taste of smoked food.
- The stainless steel construction is durable and easy to clean, while the vented lid prevents any accidental flames from ruining your meal. Add this smoker box to your gas grill and get ready to cook up some real BBQ magic.
3. Kingsford Stainless Steel Smoker Box for Gas Grill
- The BBQ smoker box turns any grill into a lunchtime legend. With this invention, you can smoke meat and vegetables for as long or short as the time that suits your schedule.
- The Kingsford smoking box is crafted with stainless steel that can withstand even the most intense flames. Made to last, it’s a great buy for any smoker.
- The smoker grill box is dishwasher safe and can be used with any type of gas or charcoal grill. Place wood chips in the bottom to generate smoke, then place them on top as if you’re grilling food over an open flame (charcoal). Your meal should cook evenly every time.
- Kingsford smoker box is built to last with a stainless steel exterior that can withstand even the most intense of flames. Enjoy your summer BBQs without worry, knowing this durable product will be there for years on end.
- The Blue Smoke BBQ Stainless Steel Smoker Box is a great way to add the perfect smokey flavor to your food. This stainless steel box will help you create delicious ribs, bacon, or pulled chicken with just one quick shake.
4. Cave Tools Smoker Box for Gas Grill for Wood Chips
- With Smokey Flavor, you can get the perfect size of wood smoker whether it’s a large or small box. This BBQ caddy will help give your grill all that it needs for an excellent barbecue masterfully done.
- A cleverly designed chip rack that is both durable and affordable, the Hinged Metal Chip Basket makes it easy to add chips of all sizes at any time. The stainless steel design prevents warping so this will last longer than your usual wobbly ones.
- The size and style of chips you need to add that perfect touch. This stylish accessory fits between flavorizer bars or on top of charcoals for either charcoal grills, gas grills – it’s not suitable with electric cooking.
- Campfire cooking is all about getting that perfect burger or Louisiana-style crawfish boil. Use this brand of sauce to forget those delectable flavors you crave when it comes time to make your next camping adventure unforgettable.
5. Char-Griller E82424 Smoker Box for Gas Grill, Black
- The Charcoal BBQ Grill is a portable charcoal barbecue grill that also attaches as an instant side firebox to most Char-Griller outdoor grills and smokers. With its large cooking area of 250 square inches, you can cook up to 12 burgers at once.
- This tailgate grill is made of heavy gauge powder-coated steel, making it incredibly durable and heat resistant. With its convenient handles and compact design, you’ll be able to take this on any adventure without worrying about damage.
- The Krups Frying Pan has a durable, cooking surface made from stainless steel. It features dual dampers that can be adjusted for optimal heat distribution and quick clean-up after use with the Easy Dump Ash Pan.
- The Char-Griller offset smoker is a perfect accessory for those who love Texas-style cooking. This firebox attaches to all barrel grills in your repertoire and can be used as either an additional side or back oven, depending on what you’re making.
6. CUSMOR Premium Smoker Box for Gas Grill for Wood Chips
- A heavy-duty smoker box and 28 vents on top, sides make this a great choice for those who want to smoke foods at home. The thick 430 stainless steel won’t warp easily from the heat like other models out there.
- Smoke away with friends and family by using the large chip capacity of this smoker box. No more needing to refill it frequently, you’ll be able to smoke all day long.
- The hinged lid design is convenient, quick and easy to use. Just add or remove wood chips from the container for a variety of smoking flavors without having to open up your grill.
- If you are looking for a safe and smooth humanized design to use on your gas or charcoal grill, then this product is the perfect one. The size of 8.86″ x 3.86″ x 1 89″, designed specifically with grills in mind, ensures that it will work well no matter what type of cookers out there. Goodbye expensive traditional electric smokers – hello easy smoking at home.
- The durable, sleek, and stylish CUSMOR Smoker Box is a welcome addition to your next cookout. The stainless steel smoker box includes an easily accessible basting brush with bristles that won’t get lost in the middle of cooking otherwise! Plus our customer service team works around the clock so you can rest assured knowing this accessory will arrive on time without worry.
7. JUEMINGZI Smoker Box for Gas Grill for BBQ Grill Wood Chips
- The Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Smoker Box by BBQ Dad is the ultimate grilling accessory. Designed to be a durable, long-lasting smoker box that can last you through many barbecues without warping or rusting. This will become your go-to gear for making sure all of those delicious flavors come out perfectly every time.
- JUEMINGZI’s smoker box is a great way to get the most from your smoking sessions. The large 1/4″ vent holes will produce more than enough smoke for tenderizing and flavoring any food while staying safe with its sturdy construction made from stainless steel that won’t easily break under pressure or heat.
- Smoke your food with the help of a smoker box. This small, odorless device can be placed between any grill and heat source to add a smoky flavor. Fill it up with wood chips or pellets that are heated until they emit smoke before placing them into this compartment – then all you have left is barbecued perfection in every bite.
- Wood chips are perfect for imparting a smokey flavor into your meats. Place the heavy-duty smoker box under the grill grates and above burners to create delicious aromas that will impress friends and family alike.
8. Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel V-Shape Smoker Box for Gas Grill
- Introducing the Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel V-Shape Smoker Box for Gas Grill – perfect for adding an intense smoky flavor to your grilled food! The V-shape fits between flame deflector bars on gas grills, and the sturdy stainless steel construction withstand high grilling temps.
- The hinged lid allows for easy access to adding wood chips (not included), and ashes remain in the smoker box, keeping your grill clean and ready to use. Measures 13 ¾” long. Add delicious smoky flavor to your grilled food with the Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel V-Shape Smoker Box for Gas Grill.
9. Skyflame Wood Chip Smoker Box for Gas Grill
- A smoker box is a great tool for adding smoke and flavor to your food. Made with thick-sturdy stainless steel, it can withstand high heat so you don’t have to worry about burning yourself when handling the metal pieces of this hinged design.
- The dense wavy vent design provides more smoke and a larger smoked area for the food above. The increased permeability of this new ventilation system makes it possible to create an even smoother, smokier flavor throughout your dish while also making sure that you won’t overcook any ingredients by preventing them from burning at high temperatures with these improved airflow patterns.
- Smokey food is always better with the addition of some great smoke. If you’re looking for that perfect flavor, mix in a few hickories or mesquite chips to really kick things up.
- This innovative design from Weber is a must-have for the smoker who wants that amazing smoke flavor without all of those dirty ash and soot buildups. The W-shape fits on flame deflector bars made specifically to fit with most gas grills, keeping your food fresh while you enjoy some good old-fashioned backyard BBQing.
- The smoker box is the perfect way to smoke your food. It will transform any BBQ into that of an experienced Pitmaster and create deliciously smoked steaks, chicken or chops each time.
10. Weber 7576 Universal Stainless Steel Smoker Box for Gas Grill
- Do you love the delicious flavors of smoked food, but don’t have the time or patience to smoke your own meats? The Weber 7576 Universal Stainless Steel Smoker Box for Gas Grill is here to help.
- This box is made from durable stainless steel and fits most sizes of gas grills, making it perfect for adding smoky flavors to grilled foods. Simply place the smoker box under the grill grates and add wood chips of your choice, and you’ll be enjoying restaurant-quality smoked food in no time.
11. Char-Broil Cast Iron Smoker Box for Gas Grill
- Looking to add some smoky flavor to your grilled food? The Char-Broil Cast Iron Smoker Box is perfect for the job! This durable cast iron box is vented to direct smoke towards your food, adding a delicious smoky flavor.
- It’s also great for preventing the wood from catching on fire – simply place it under the cooking grates of your grill and you’re good to go. With its compact size, it’s also perfect for use with most grills. So add some smoky flavor to your cookout today with the Char-Broil Cast Iron Smoker Box.
Tips and guide to buying the best Smoker Box for Gas Grill
As a smoker box for gas grill owners to acquire the wonderful smoky taste, but how can they operate? A wood chip smoker has got to be full of chips that smoke because you cook and also generate tasty flavors. You might need to experiment with heat levels just a little bit, after all, the aim is so to get them burning not tolerable ones. Some models only require soaking as well- check out the producer’s guidelines before use.
This isn’t really only about the dimensions of your grill (although that does come into it). You need to make sure your Smoker Box for Gas Grill can fit beside a burner- if this kind of makes sense. Some models are made for 20″ units or less and also others, so be careful very first before purchasing to avoid the useless hassle.
You would frustrate yourself should you have a small tray however your gas grill has quite a few burners along it turns out to not fit nicely there- at least not without overhanging around the edge or propped up on its side. In fact, family members might go nuts every time they have to discover your smoking machine thus you will better play it safe from the start by making sure of its compatibility.
Although you will find Smoker Box for Gas Grill out there created from a variety of materials- such as stainless steel, aluminum, or cast iron- the most popular option is the stainless steel smoker box.
Stainless steel is a durable material that is corrosion-resistant, meaning it will not rust. It is also easy to clean and does not require a lot of maintenance.
Aluminum smoker boxes are also a popular option because they are lightweight and heat up quickly. However, they are not as durable as stainless steel and can corrode over time.
Cast iron smoker boxes are heavy and do not heat up as quickly as aluminum or stainless steel, but they are the most durable option.
Smoker Box for Gas Grill comes in a variety of shapes, but the most popular option is the cylindrical smoker box.
Cylindrical smoker boxes are easy to use and fit beside a burner on any grill. They also allow the smoke to escape evenly, resulting in food that is evenly smoked.
Other shapes, such as square or rectangular smoker boxes, may be difficult to use and do not allow the smoke to escape evenly.
Easy to clean
All Smoker Box for Gas Grill comes with small holes on the sides to allow the smoke to escape. However, some smoker boxes are easier to clean than others.
Smoker boxes that have a wire mesh or perforated design are the easiest to clean because the ashes and debris can easily fall through the holes. Smoker boxes that are made from solid materials, such as aluminum or cast iron, are more difficult to clean because the ashes and debris must be removed by hand.
Smoker Box for Gas Grill comes in a variety of styles, but the most popular option is the stainless steel smoker box.
Stainless steel smoker boxes are durable and easy to clean, making them the perfect option for any grill owner. They are also available in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit any grill.
Other smoker box styles, such as aluminum or cast iron, may not be as durable as stainless steel and may be difficult to clean.
Tips for using your Smoker Box for Gas Grill
Smoker Box for Gas Grill comes in a variety of styles, but the most popular option is the stainless steel smoker box. Stainless steel smoker boxes are durable and easy to clean, making them the perfect option for any grill owner. They are also available in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit any grill. Other smoker box styles, such as aluminum or cast iron, may not be as durable as stainless steel and may be difficult to clean. After knowing the basics of the smoker boxes, you need to know some tips for using them. Here are some tips:
- Put wood chips in your smoker box that fit into your grill and ensure it fits beside a burner- if not you might get smoke back in the face! If it appears to be overhanging slightly on one side, don’t worry about it because you’ll be able to clear that up in just a second.
- Fill your smoker box with wood chips and place it beside the burner on the grill, making sure the holes face down. Close your lid and wait for the smoke to start emerging. You could even lightly spray water onto whichever side is overhanging to put out flames and/or steer clear of flare-ups.
- Open your lid, then lift up the smoker box and tilt it over into a trash bin (never pour water onto glowing coals). If you’re using a wire mesh design, be careful not to spill any ashes: place something like a spoon in between the bottom to keep any ashes in.
- After you’re finished, do a quick clean around the burner by brushing it then let your grill cool down for a little bit before you brush off the inside and wipe it down with a wet cloth.
- Smooth out any rough edges on your smoker box so that when you put it back in, nothing gets snagged or torn.
FAQs about a Smoker Box for Gas Grill
What’s the difference between a smoker box and a smoker pouch?
They’re pretty much the same thing! It’s just that doing it the “old-fashioned way” by making one or two holes in a piece of aluminum foil and wrapping up your wood chips to place on top of your burner is called a smoker pouch, whereas using something like an empty tin can with its ends removed is called a smoker box.
What type of Smoker Box for Gas Grill is best?
There really isn’t a definitive answer, as all smoker boxes have their pros and cons. However, we would recommend going for a stainless steel smoker box as they’re the most durable and easy to clean.
Can I put my smoker box on a direct flame?
No, you should never place your smoker box directly over the burner because it could get too hot and catch fire. Always make sure that you are placing it beside or behind the burner.
Do smoker boxes work on gas grills?
Yes, smoker boxes work perfectly well on gas grills- in fact, they’re the best way to impart smokey flavors onto your food! Just make sure you have some wood chips handy.
What type of wood chips should I use in my smoker box?
This is a question that has many different answers, as everyone’s taste in smokey flavors differs. However, we would recommend using a variety of different types of wood chips so that you can experiment and find the flavor that you like the best.
Now that you know the basics about Smoker Box for Gas Grill, it’s time to get grilling! Remember to use a smoker box that is made from stainless steel for durability and easy cleaning, and put it on the grill beside the burner. Fill it with wood chips of your choice and wait for the smoke to start flowing. Be sure to keep an eye on your grill while using a smoker box, as they can cause flare-ups if not used correctly. And finally, experiment with different types of wood chips to find the flavor that you like the best.
We hope that this article has helped you to find the best Smoker Box for Gas Grill. If you are still unsure, feel free to follow our guidelines and explore all of the different options we have shared with you. Our goal is simple – help make sure that when it comes time to pick out a new product; you get what will suit your needs perfectly. The last thing we want is for someone who buys one of these products not to be satisfied because they did not spend enough time looking at their choices before making a purchase decision. Now go ahead and buy the perfect model today.