Garlic cream sauce for steak is a simple recipe with a lot of versatility. This classy sauce can be topped on almost anything, including steak, vegetables, and even ice cream. It is easy to make but doesn’t taste the least bit basic. In fact, it has quite an exciting and well-rounded flavor that will leave your tastebuds begging for more.
Garlic cream sauce for steak
Ingredients for garlic cream sauce for steak
- Dice five large garlic cloves into fine pieces.
- 1-quart heavy whipping cream.
- 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions for garlic cream sauce for steak
- Take a medium to large-sized saucepan and add in the heavy whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat until it is simmering.
- Add in the butter and continue stirring with a whisk until it has melted.
- Take your garlic and mince it up into very small pieces (almost as if you were going to rub the garlic into bread for garlic bread). Add these minced pieces of garlic to your saucepan with the heavy whipping cream, continuously stirring.
- Let this cook for about fifteen minutes on medium heat, continuing to stir occasionally so that the garlic does not stick or burn anywhere along the sides of your saucepan.
- After about ten minutes, your sauce will start to thicken. At this point, it should just coat the back of a spoon.
- Take your sauce off of the heat because it is now done!
- Let this cool to room temperature and then put in the fridge to cool further.
- Once this has cooled completely, you are ready to serve! (Note: If there is any leftover, which there likely will be, you can store the garlic cream sauce for steak in the fridge.
Instructions for garlic cream sauce for steak
Cooking notes for garlic cream sauce for steak
- Because garlic has a tendency to burn easily, I recommend sautéing your garlic first, then adding it to the heavy whipping cream mixture. (I sautéed mine in a little bit of olive oil).
- If you place any kind of meat in the sauce when it is chilled, it will start to break down. This is just another way to enjoy this sauce!
- If you would like a more smooth sauce: add some potato starch into your cream sauce before cooking. Also, don’t let the cream boil because that will cause the potato starch to form clumps and burn along the edges of your pot/saucepan.
- Make sure to season your steaks with salt and pepper before you add them into the garlic cream sauce for steak.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with this sauce! Play around with ingredients and see what works best for you!
- If you have more than one steak or extra taste in your life, the possibilities are endless!
- You can also use this garlic cream sauce for steak as a dipping sauce for vegetables (I used it on broccoli) and bread (I used it on some of my favorite baguettes that I had bought from the local bakery).
- You can also add in some other ingredients like basil or oregano if you wish to spice things up a bit.
- For more information on the type of steak, you can use, see my photo below.
- As mentioned above, this sauce also tastes awesome on ice cream!
- I also find that if you heat the garlic cream sauce for steak a little, it will thicken up even more for a thicker sauce.
- The texture of this sauce is very light and smooth. It’s not chunky at all, but it’s definitely not runny either. You can definitely taste the layers of flavor in this sauce!
- Make sure you give it a try before you dismiss it.! There are a lot of different ways to enjoy garlic cream sauce for steak, so give it a go and see what happens!
Add some potato starch to the cream sauce before cooking
Some questions about garlic cream sauce for steak
1 Can I eat the garlic pieces?
I eat the garlic pieces with no problem at all! It really adds a lot to the sauce in my opinion and makes it even better! But if raw garlic is a problem for you, go ahead and remove them before serving!
2. Can I use heavy cream in place of the whipping cream?
Absolutely! Just be aware that you may have to adjust heating times and amounts slightly depending on the type of cream you are using.
3. Does garlic cream sauce for steak need to be refrigerated?
I’d recommend storing it in the fridge if you have extra, especially if you’re not going to consume it right away. Keeping leftovers in the refrigerator for a week is possible.
4. Do I need to add salt and pepper if I already have seasoned steak?
It is always good practice to season your food before you put any kind of sauce on it. This way you can determine if your food needs more seasonings or not.
5. What kind of meat do you suggest I use?
Yes, you can! As you can see from my picture below, I used a sirloin steak to test this recipe out myself (the large cuts of meat to the left). Sirloin is a pretty good cut of steak and it goes well with garlic cream sauce for steak.
Steaks do tend to have different textures (for example some are stringy and tough while others are soft and tender), so always check the type of steak before you cook it to ensure that it will be cooked thoroughly with no chance of becoming overcooked.
6. Can I use this garlic cream sauce for steak on a different type of food?
Absolutely! There are so many things you can serve this sauce with! Try using it with vegetables, bread, french fries, potatoes, or even pasta! The possibilities are endless and the best part is that you get to decide what works best for you!
Greetings from my blog. Please accept my sincere thanks for stopping by again. I hope that you have found this post useful and that it has encouraged you to try out some new recipes. I’d be glad to hear any questions or comments you have in the comments section below! Also, if there are any other blogs or websites that you would like me to take a look at please let me know down below as well.
Garlic cream sauce for steak is a great way to dress up your meals with a lot of flavors. It’s very similar to the garlic bread that you can buy at your local coffee shop. This dish is great because it has all the taste and goodness of garlic but without having a lot of the raw garlic that can be difficult to digest (due to its sharpness). Furthermore, it’s very easy to make and you don’t need any special or expensive ingredients to make this delicious sauce.