It’s easy to confuse a jelly roll pan with your regular half-sheet baking pan. They are about precisely the same size -15 by 10 inches versus 18 by 13 inches-, and many come in an inch tall border that is straight-sided for ease when making small batches of biscuits or roasted veggies. The best part? You can fit two side by side on most oven racks.
You should look for a jelly roll pan with a rim around its edge. This will allow you to grip it easier when taking out and transporting it in your oven, as well as stabilize any warping that may occur due to the greater temperature ranges found within them.
The best jelly roll pans are easy to use and make baking much easier. They come in a variety of sizes, from small to extra large. This article provides an overview of the top twelve jelly roll pans on the market today, including their pros and cons so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
What is a Jelly Roll Pan?
A jelly roll pan is a baking sheet with vertical sides that are about one inch tall. Its name actually comes from its old-time use as a pan that was used to make jelly rolls, which were cakes that were filled with fruit preserves or other sweet fillings and rolled up for easy serving. The pans have found new life in the modern-day kitchen as an excellent pan for baking cookies and pastries.
The best thing about them is how versatile they are, particularly because of their size. You can fit two standard jelly roll pans side by side on most oven racks, giving you the ability to bake multiple different desserts at once if you need to prepare food for a big gathering or party. It’s also great for those with limited counter space who want to save on effort and time by baking smaller batches of treats.
The History of Jelly Roll Pans
Jelly roll pans have changed little since their inception over 200 years ago when they first came into use as cake pans in the early 1800s. They gained their name from a type of cake that was originally made with a jelly filling that was rolled up and cut into slices for serving.
The term is now more commonly used to describe any type of sheet pan that has sides around one inch tall, which makes it perfect for small-batch desserts or roasting veggies. In fact, most people know them simply as ‘sheet’ pans.
List of 12 Best Jelly Roll Pans Reviews
1. Chicago Metallic Commercial II Traditional Uncoated True Jelly Roll Pan
Chicago Metallic Commercial II Traditional Uncoated True Jelly Roll Pan is a metal pan designed to withstand high heat. It features a traditional, uncoated surface that is ideal for baking one-sheet dinners, jelly rolls, bars, and cookies. This 14.75-inch by 9.75-inch by 1-Inch pan has wire-reinforced rims so the sheet won’t warp over time from being placed in the oven at too high of a temperature or from heating up too fast when not preheated properly before going into the oven as directed in the manual included with every purchase. We recommend washing your pans after use with a dishwasher or hand washing them with warm water and soap if you want to extend their life span even longer.
Chicago Metallic Commercial II Traditional Uncoated True Jelly Roll Pan, 15-Inch by10-Inch
- Ideal for like one-sheet dinners, jelly rolls, bars, and cookies but can also be used to make one-sheet pan meals, roast vegetables, reheat leftovers
- Made from heavy-weight aluminized steel for superior heat conduction and even baking; features wire rod reinforced rims to prevent warping
- Features a traditional, uncoated baking surface
- Measures 14.75-inch by 9.75-inch by 1-Inch
- Dishwasher safe, however hand-washing is recommended to extend product life
2. USA Pan Bakeware Jelly Roll Pan
The Classic Jelly Roll Sheet Pan is the perfect baking and roasting accessory for any home baker. This commercial-grade, heavy-gauge aluminized steel pan will make your recipes come out beautifully every time with its lifetime warranty. Baking pans are designed to allow air circulation, which helps reduce the amount of time it takes for your baked goods and makes them come out more even.
Nonstick American is the perfect choice for the easy release of baked goods and easy cleaning. Its PTFE, PFOA & BPA-free silicone coating ensures your food won’t stick to the pan while releasing it at 350°F in ovens or over stovetop burners with no need for oiling. Great for convection cooking too so cleanup takes just 3 steps: wash hot water mild soap gentle sponge.
USA Pan Bakeware Jelly Roll Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
2 used from $14.91
- Classic Jelly Roll Sheet Pan for baking and roasting cookies, vegetables, and cakes; commercial grade and heavy gauge aluminized steel with a lifetime warranty
- Baking pans feature unique design with corrugated surface; facilitates air circulation for a quick release and evenly baked baked-goods
- Nonstick Americoat coating - a patented silicone coating which is PTFE, PFOA and BPA free - provides easy release of baked-goods and easy clean up; wash with hot water, mild soap and gentle sponge
- Commercial grade sheet pan proudly made in the USA
- Baking Surface Dimensions: 14.25 x 9.375 x 1 inches. Outer Dimensions: 14.25 x 9.875 x 1 inches.
3. Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum Jelly Roll and Cookie Pan
There are many shapes for all your baking needs these days including jelly roll pans. This Wilton Performance Pans aluminum jelly roll and cookie pan is the most versatile of them all. The heavy gauge 3/4″ metal provides uniform heating so they can be used to make everything from brownies, bars, or layered cakes that turn into an easy no-bake dessert just waiting to have its filling added. It’s also great for boiling eggs, making soup, or even steaming vegetables. Top this with our easy way to whip egg whites quickly without the doubt of them becoming too stiff.
Wilton Performance Baking Pans Aluminum Jelly Roll Pan, 10.5 x 15.5-Inch
8 used from $11.71
- READY, SET, BAKE: This jelly roll pan was meant for the baker who loves making sponge cakes for jelly rolls or cookies, cookie bars and a whole lot more
- BAKEWARE FOR EVERY DAY AND EVERY OCCASION: This large jelly roll pan can make more than just cakes, this baking pan is great for cookies, cookie bars, sheet cakes and even pizza
- PERFORMANCE: Its sturdy construction of the jelly roll pan is made from anodized aluminum which helps resist rusting and promotes even baking; The large size makes this Wilton baking pan super versatile so it covers just about any recipe you need it to
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Before first and after each use, wash your jelly roll pan in warm, soapy water for best results
- INCLUDES: 1 jelly roll pan, dimensions: 10.5 x 15.5 inches
4. Warp-Resistant Nonstick Jelly Roll Pan
The diamond-textured surface of the jelly roll pan produces perfect cookies and other baked goods. It measures 14.8 x 10 inches exteriorly with an interior dimension to fit even large items like bread dough or scones that measure 9 1/2″ tall by 1 inch thick at their largest point (not including handles). This means your next batch will be sure not only to look great but taste as good too.
Have you ever tried to release cookies from a jelly roll sheet after they’ve been baked? It’s impossible. Your hands are covered in dough and there is NOTHING between your fingers but hot, sticky cookie sheets. That will no longer happen with this nonstick 10×15 pan because it is easy. Release surface that makes sliding off of these pans as simple as can be, almost too easy if we’re being honest here.
The Swiss roll pan is a professional’s best friend. It has durable, food-safe steel that will last for years to come. The rolled edges mean there are no worries of rusting or chrome flaking off into your meal. This type of cookie sheet offers superior quality with its design in mind. And not only does it hold up beautifully but also maintains even heating during the cooking process so you can achieve perfect results every time.
Ultra Cuisine’s jelly roll sheet pans clean up in a snap with their high-quality PFOA and PTFE-free coating. It protects against scratches, abrasions, stainings corrosion so you can put them right into the dishwasher or hand wash it without scrubbing. You will have no problem using these as they’re not too big to handle but just small enough that any messes won’t be an issue either way because there is nothing worse than cleaning dirty dishes from one pan and trying unsuccessfully at another before realizing what might’ve been done if those had worked after all.
Nonstick Jelly Roll Baking Sheet Pan by Ultra Cuisine – Food-Safe, Warp & Scratch Resistant Texture for Airflow, & Carbon Steel Design Durable for Professional Quality Roasting, Size 10 x 15 inch
- PERFECT BAKING, EVERY TIME: Even airflow distribution from the jelly roll pan’s diamond textured baking surface results in perfect, evenly-baked cookies, proteins, and more; exterior measures 14.8 x 10.0 x 1.1 inches and interior measures 14.01 x 9.1 x 1.1 inches; that means better baked goodies every time
- EASY RELEASE: Easy cookie release, no spraying required; it’s impossible to achieve perfect cookies when they stick to your jelly roll cookie sheet; your cookies will slide right off this baking sheet pan; this nonstick 10x15 jelly roll pan is coated with a food-safe, PFOA-free, and PTFE-free coating enabling quick n’ easy cookie release
- HEAVY DUTY CARBON STEEL DESIGN: Food-safe, durable, warp-resistant, scratch-resistant, carbon steel design with rolled edges means a professional Swiss roll pan with no worry of rusting or chrome flaking off into your food; the Ultra Cuisine jelly roll cookie sheets are oven-safe and offer long-lasting superior quality
- EASY TO CLEAN: Made for easy clean up; Ultra Cuisine’s jelly roll sheet pans cleanup in a snap with easy slide high-quality PFOA-free, PTFE-free coating that protects against scratches, abrasions, staining and corrosion; hand wash the nonstick baking sheet easily without scrubbing or scouring; for best results, use parchment paper sheets or silicone baking mats
- PROUDLY DESIGNED IN COLORADO, USA: Bake Like A Pro For A Lifetime with Ultra Cuisine's nonstick jelly roll sheet baking pan; every cookie sheet comes with a complimentary recipe ebook with purchase
5. Nordic Ware Jelly Roll Pan
The Nordic Ware Jelly Roll Pans are the last pans you will ever buy. The embossed grid pattern and Prism grid make it easier to slide food in and out of the oven for a delicious, perfectly browned result every time – without warping like lesser-quality pans.
Dishwasher-safe aluminum reduces hot spots caused by melting butter or overheating metal which could cause baked goods to burn on the top before they’re cooked all the way through. Get perfect results with less time and effort using these durable kitchen essentials.
Nordic Ware Prism Baking, 1 Pack, Natural
- Embossed grid pattern enhances the look and performance of our hugely popular baking pans
- Prism grid adds durability and provides easy release while also improving air flow for uniform crisping
- Natural aluminum affords the best possible heat dispersion to create perfectly browned baked goods every time and the reinforced encapsulated steel rim prevents warping
- Hand wash only
- Made in USA
6. Calphalon Classic Bakeware Nonstick Jelly Roll Pan
The Calphalon Classic Bakeware Nonstick Jelly Roll Pan has a 13-gauge thickness with 2 layers of nonstick coating that are perfect for baking your favorite treats. The Heavy gauge aluminum construction promotes even heating, is durable, and does not warp in the oven. The heavy-duty exterior means food won’t stick to the pan while cooking or when transferring from a hot surface without adding oil.
High-grade steel assures even browning over the entire surface and won’t react to acidic foods like tomatoes and wine sauces. This dishwasher-safe 12 by 17-inch jelly roll pan will last a lifetime without peeling or bubbling.
Calphalon Classic Bakeware 12-by-17-Inch Rectangular Nonstick Jelly Roll Pan
- Nonstick jelly roll pan made of heavy-gauge, aluminized steel
- Heavy-duty construction means no twisting or warping
- Two-tone surface promotes perfect browning
- Oven safe to 450 degrees F; not broiler safe; not dishwasher safe
- Measures 12 by 17 inches; lifetime warranty
7. Chicago Metallic Professional Non-Stick Cookie/Jelly-Roll Pan Set with Cooling Rack
These non-stick baking sheets are perfect for cooking and baking. You’ll have the flexibility to make jelly rolls, bars of cookies, or any other type of food that needs one large sheet pan. This set includes four pieces which makes it great value too. With its heavy-weight carbon steel baking sheet, you can be sure that the food will cook evenly and thoroughly. It’s also suitable for all oven types – no need to worry about an inconsistent result. The Chicago Metallic Baking Sheets and Cooling Rack are a must-have for any kitchen.
Not only do they provide easy cleanup, but their nonstick surface ensures that your baked goods come out without the need for added oil or butter which not only saves you time in cooking but reduces calories as well. The non-stick baking sheet is a great space saver in the cupboard, drawer, or countertop rack. They can be stacked within other baking sheets and will not scratch against each other like metal pans do when they’re placed on top of one another. This makes it easier to find your favorite. The Baking Sheets are so clean you can put them in the dishwasher to make cleanup go faster. But please hand wash these babies for optimal product life.
Chicago Metallic Professional Non-Stick Cookie/Jelly-Roll Pan Set with Cooling Rack, 17-Inch-by-12.25-Inch
- IDEAL FOR BAKING MULTIPLE DISHES: The Chicago Metallic Non-Stick Baking Sheet Set is ideal for all types of baking and cooking. Have the flexibility to bake jelly rolls, bars, cookies, one-sheet pan meals, roast vegetables or reheat leftovers
- CONSISTENT HEAT DISTRIBUTION: The baking sheet is made from heavy-weight carbon steel to evenly disperse weight and heat for consistent baking results. Suitable for all oven types
- NON-STICK COATING FOR EASY RELEASE: The Chicago Metallic Baking Sheets and Cooling Rack feature a non-stick surface. The non-stick coating calls for an exceptional baked good release and easy clean up
- THE PERFECT SIZED BAKING SHEET SET: The sheets feature a wire rod reinforced rim to prevent any warping. The 2 baking sheet pans measure 17.75" x 13" x 1"; inner dimensions are 17" x 12.25"x 1". The cooling rack measures 16.75" x 11.5"
- SPACE SAVING STORAGE: This non-stick baking sheet is easy to store and can be stacked within other baking sheets, making it a great space saver in the cupboard, drawer, or countertop rack
8. AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan, Jelly Roll Pan
A kitchen standard, the commercial aluminum baking sheet pan is an excellent choice for bakers of any skill level. The lightweight but sturdy dish has a non-stick surface that makes cleaning up quick and easy with little to no scrubbing required.
Use the heavy-gauge rolled steel edge on this item to ensure uniform browning on whatever you’ve made. With proper care, the bakeware will last for years of high production time in your restaurant or bakery business. Hand washes before first use and after each use with warm water and soap only.
AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan, Jelly Roll Sheet, 15.1 x 10.6 Inch, Pack of 2
- Even heating: the pan’s aluminum construction offers excellent heat conductivity, which helps food bake and brown evenly
- Rustproof: resists rust for longer-lasting quality and performance
- Warp resistant: reinforced encapsulated steel rim provides added durability and prevents warping
- Easy care: hand-wash only with warm, soapy water before first time use and after each use
- Warranty: backed by an AmazonCommercial 1-year limited warranty
9. Ultra Cuisine Jelly Roll Pan
Get the best baking results with these Commercial-Grade, Warpingresistant aluminum sheet pans. Ultra Cuisine’s commercial-grade sheets are designed for superior browning and protection against warp. They come in two sizes: 16″x11″ jelly-roll shape or 15 3/4 x 10 1/2 inch rectangular (set of 2). No more warping, greasy messes. With the benefit of a 1.3-inch high steel reinforced rim on our baking sheets. You’ll never have to worry about your food being stuck or burned again because it won’t be able to spill its contents when cooking at home with us. In addition, this durability helps keep foods from sticking together while they’re in storage too – which saves time and money every month.
The high-grade aluminum of this cookie sheet pan is safe for food, nontoxic, and dishwasher-friendly. Designed to be used in the oven or on stovetop cooking; it can also double as a roasting pan. The perfect set that’ll suit any household need with its diverse uses – get yours today if you’re looking forward to mastering new recipes yourself soon enough too.
Never worry about the durability of your aluminum baking pans again. This high-quality, top-grade material is designed to withstand even hot temperatures without rusting. You can serve up all sorts of delicious treats with these babies in no time thanks to their premium quality construction and ability to remain neglected by busy kitchens everywhere.
Jelly Roll Baking Sheet Pans - Professional Aluminum Cookie Sheet Set of 2 - Durable, Oven-Safe, Non-Toxic, Easy Clean, Commercial Quality - 16x11-inch - Rimmed Baking Sheets for Baking and Roasting
- BAKE LIKE A PRO FOR A LIFETIME: Bake evenly with commercial-grade, warp-resistant aluminum baking sheet pans. Ultra Cuisine’s aluminum baking pans are designed with premium aluminum for superior baking and a specialized reinforced steel rim to prevent warping. The jelly roll pans measure exterior 16.1 x 11.2 x 1.3-inches and interior 15.3 x 10.3 x 1.3-inches - set of 2 jelly roll sheet pans
- EASY TO CLEAN: Save time, easy clean up! Unlike half sheet pans from other brands, Ultra Cuisine’s baking sheet pans are designed with a 1.3 inch high steel reinforced rim that prevents the baking pan from warping and grease from spilling. Hand wash is recommended but if the product ends up in the dishwasher and discoloration occurs, this is only cosmetic and the baking properties and safety of the product are not impacted.
- HIGH-QUALITY ALUMINUM BAKING SHEET: Food-safe, family choice; designed with high-grade aluminum, Ultra Cuisine’s cookie sheet pans are food-safe, non-toxic, oven-safe, and durable; the perfect baking set for the family; use as a cookie sheet for cookies, roasting pan for roasted chicken, or jelly roll pan for Swiss rolls
- BUILT TO LAST: Designed to never rust! Ultra Cuisine sourced top grade aluminum in the making of these premium aluminum baking pans, ensuring they can withstand hot temperatures without rusting. Rest assured, our baking sheet pans are ready to take on all of your kitchen requirements.
- PROUDLY DESIGNED IN COLORADO, USA: Ultra Cuisine's jelly roll sheet pans are designed in Colorado, USA and come with a free recipe ebook with over 100 delicious recipes for a lifetime of happy baking with Ultra Cuisine's jelly roll baking sheet aluminum pan set
10. Nordic Ware Jelly Roll Naturals Aluminum Nonstick Pan
This Nordic Ware pan may be small, but this little guy packs a big punch. The superior heat conductivity of aluminum makes baking simple and delicious. The gold nonstick interior is scratch-resistant and easy to release and clean up. The reinforced rim securely locks the pan in place to prevent warping during use. This aluminum jelly roll natural pan will work well for any baked good occasion, whether you’re entertaining guests or making homemade cinnamon rolls for that family brunch on Sunday morning.
Nordic Ware Jelly Roll Naturals Aluminum Nonstick, 15.125 x 10.625
- Baked goods rise and bake evenly due to aluminums superior heat conductivity
- Premium gold non-stick interior is scratch-resistant, easy release and clean-up, hand wash only
- Rims are reinforced with galvanized steel, which prevents warping
- Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware
- Actual color may vary slightly from what appears online
11. All-Clad Pro-Release Nonstick Bakeware Jelly Roll Pan
This Jelly Roll Pan is perfect for making large batches of baked goods and more. The 10″ x 15 “surface area enables you to cook food evenly, so your treats come out perfectly every time. Made from commercial-grade aluminized steel that is warp-resistant (oven safe to 450°F). Perfect for any professional-looking kitchen or restaurant.
Made to be as durable and easy to care for as possible, this pan is coated with a food-safe PFOA-free material. The ceramic-reinforced nonstick exterior will resist scratches while still releasing your favorite foods from one batch of cooking right into another.
The size and shape of these handles make them perfect for a secure grip. They can be used to safely lift heavy items without worrying about dropping them, while also being gentle on your hands when washing up in the sink or dishwasher. Use plastic utensils so they don’t break down over time – but if you want something more durable there’s a silicone option available too.
All-Clad Pro-Release Nonstick Bakeware Jelly Roll Pan, 12 x 15 inch, Gray
- Features a large, flat surface area (10"x15") to accommodate big batches of baked goods and more
- Made from commercial grade aluminized steel that is warp resistant (oven safe to 450°F)
- Coated with a food safe PFOA-free, ceramic reinforced nonstick material that resists scratches and stains and releases food easily batch after batch
- Built with oversized integrated handles for a comfortable and safe grip
- The go-to cookware brand for professional chefs and avid home cooks and bakers alike
12. 360 Stainless Steel Jelly Roll Pan
360 Bakeware’s Surgical Grade stainless steel, multi-core design for rapid and even heat distribution. These pans are 40% thicker than most brands on the market! It has a healthier eco-friendly coating that makes them safe to use in your oven or microwave as well. The multi-purpose pan is the perfect gadget for any kitchen. With its durable, nonstick exterior and ergonomic handles that are easier to use than traditional pans, this item will quickly become one of your favorite gadgets.
West Bend, Wisconsin is home to one of the world’s leading bakeware manufacturers. Recognized by the EPA for its manufacturing process which does not use harsh chemicals but instead employs a dry sanding technique in order to produce better results and easier clean-up; 360 Bakeware makes it easy on cooks everywhere.
360 Stainless Steel Jelly Roll Pan (14"x10"), Handcrafted in the USA, 5 Ply, Stainless Steel Bakeware, Baking Pan, Roasting Pan
- Quality and Construction: Surgical Grade Stainless Steel. Multi Core for rapid and even heat distribution. 360 Bakeware is thicker than most bakeware brands on the market: .070” thick. Our Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Cooking surface gives you a healthy alternative coated nonstick frying pans or any aluminum pots and pans set.
- Details to Make Your Life Easier: Oven safe up to 500 degrees F. Ergonomic handles for easier and better control. Multi Core for even heat distribution.
- 360 Bakeware is manufactured in West Bend, Wisconsin. Recognized by the EPA; our manufacturing process includes no harsh chemicals but instead uses a dry sanding process to produce a smoother finish, which results in easier clean-up and a nicer final product.
- Proudly Handcrafted in the United States
Tips and guide to buying the best Jelly Roll Pan
When shopping for a new jelly roll pan, it is important to take into consideration the material and size of your oven. There are two main choices: aluminum or steel with an aluminized coating on it which makes them more durable than their counterparts made from pure metal like iron or carbon steel (which rusts). Below we’ll go over some other features that can help you find just what you need to read ahead:
Aluminum is the most common choice, as it distributes heat quickly and evenly. It has a tendency to warp at higher temperatures than steel does, so avoid buying jelly roll pans with edges that are more than an inch tall if you plan on baking anything near the 400° mark.
Steel with an aluminized coating on it works well for many different types of ovens due to its lack of warping at high temperatures. These pans are typically lightweight, which can make them easier to handle when removing or transporting them in your oven, but be aware that they will rust over time if not properly taken care of. Also, be sure to dry them fully after hand washing since water spots can cause rusting faster.
Most jelly roll pans are one foot long, but if you have a small oven that can’t accommodate two next to each other then choose a smaller option. It should only be about 10 inches wide at most and around eight inches deep. If you need a deeper pan for roasting veggies or making your Sunday gravy, then go with a standard-sized sheet pan since the extra depth is not really necessary for baking desserts.
Durability and Care
As mentioned, aluminum pans can warp at high oven temperatures and steel with an aluminized coating on it has a tendency to rust over time. If you’re looking for durability then go with pure stainless steel or cast iron instead; they don’t warp and are very easy to take care of (just make sure not to use any soap when hand washing to avoid damaging the surface). Why Jelly Roll Pans Aren’t Perfect
The biggest drawback of using jelly roll pans is that cleaning them isn’t as easy as other types of baking sheets. They require more effort than just wiping down and there is a chance that some baked-on food particles will stick around even after you attempt scrubbing them off. You can try using baking soda or an abrasive cleaner, but you’ll want to avoid steel wool at all costs.
It will scratch the surface and cause rusting to take place faster. Also, be aware that jelly roll pans are not typically oven-safe above 500°. If you want to broil something at high temperatures then opt for a sheet pan with higher sides than just an inch tall so that heat can’t get trapped inside and warp your pan.
Tips for using your Jelly Roll Pan
- As stated above, aluminum and steel with an aluminized coating on it can warp at high oven temperatures. Do not bake anything near the 400° mark if your edges are more than an inch tall. Also, make sure you’re using a thermometer for accuracy since this is not a very forgiving type of pan.
- You should never use any soap or metal utensils when hand washing jelly roll pans as it can damage the surface and cause rusting faster. Instead, use hot water and always dry fully immediately after rinsing since water spots can cause rust. You may also consider buying a nonstick coat that will be resistant to anything you throw at it.
FAQs about a Jelly Roll Pan
Are jelly roll pans interchangeable with sheet pans?
Yes, they are very similar to one another. The only difference is the shape so if you need a jelly roll pan but have a sheet pan at home then feel free to go ahead and use it. Just remember that they’re not as deep as standard-sized baking sheets and won’t hold as many baked goods (unless you’re making thinner bar cookies).
Can I convert jelly roll pans into sheet pans by adding side walls?
You can try but there’s no guarantee that it will work since some materials may warp or expand when exposed to high temperatures. This could cause your new sheet pan-jelly roll hybrid to warp and/or melt even though the oven was on the correct temperature. If you do go ahead and try it out then make sure to monitor the changes closely to avoid any accidents from taking place.
What size jelly roll pan should I buy?
Choose a pan that is one foot long (12 inches) at most and around eight inches deep; any bigger than that and they won’t fit in your oven. It should only be about 10 inches wide at most or 12 if you want larger bar cookies or thinner brownies. This way, your baked goods will have enough room to expand without overflowing into each other, which can result in uneven cooking since one side would get more heat than the other side for an extended period of time.
Is electric jelly roll pans better than gas?
From a financial standpoint, electric ones are definitely cheaper to run in the long term since you won’t have to pay for gas. However, they are not as responsive when it comes to controlling the oven’s temperature so your baked goods may come out slightly lighter or darker than planned depending on how accurate your measurements were. It can take longer to preheat an electric jelly roll pan too so be sure to set the timer earlier if that kind of oven is what you have at home.
Should I line my jelly roll pan with foil before adding batter?
It depends on whether or not you want your batch of cookies/bars etcetera, to come out with deep sides, thin sides, rustic-looking edges, etc. You can choose to line it with foil or not and then flip it over once your dough is in (this way you will be able to lift it easily and take off the foil) but if you want deep sides then no need to do that. Just fill it up until it’s about 2/3 full, then pour in your batter. If this is what you’re going for then just butter the inside of your pan instead before adding the baking sheet since you won’t have any other ingredients sticking or falling apart on you.
How should I care for my jelly roll pan?
Never put a jelly roll pan in the dishwasher because even if it says “dishwasher safe” in its description, the hot water and high temperature inside the machine will warp it out of shape. Instead, wash by hand with warm water and never use dish soap. When you’re done washing it, dry it thoroughly immediately so that no spots are left behind since they could lead to rusting/pitting over time. If your pan does start rusting even though you’ve been following these rules then just sand the surface with fine-grit sandpaper before continuing to use it because prolonged exposure to water can cause more rusting in some cases.
Conclusion for the Best Jelly Roll Pan
The best jelly roll pan is one that has a nonstick surface, can be used for baking or roasting (especially meats), and that it’s made of the most durable material. The nonstick surface makes it easier to clean since you don’t have to use as much elbow grease when scrubbing away baked-on foodstuff. Second, if you’re planning on using it for meats then make sure to get stainless steel because carbon steel can rust over time (which isn’t good if your goal was keeping your pans around for a long time). And lastly, always go with anodized aluminum. It’s lightweight yet durable even though its appearance may resemble other types of metal like cast iron.
The 12 best jelly roll pans are all made from heavy-gauge, durable materials that will last you for years to come. Each pan is designed with a nonstick finish so your creations can easily pop out of the pan when they’re done cooking without sticking or breaking. Whether looking for an affordable option or one of high quality, we have something here for every baking need. Click on any product image below to buy now and get started making delicious desserts right away.