Medium saucepans are often overlooked, yet they can do more than just cook sauces. The medium-size frying pan with a curved handle and taller sides is an astoundingly versatile tool in your kitchen- not to mention its value. Although you might not recognize this type of pot by name alone. Chances are high that it’s already laying on top for some cooking pleasure, either because most people own at least one or two (or three!) – but what if I told you there was another option.
The best Medium saucepans are the ones that satisfy your needs and make cooking a breeze. If you’re looking for a versatile, top-quality cookware option, this post is here to help. We’ve compiled 15 of the best medium saucepans on the market today so that you can compare them easily. You’ll find options from some of the most popular brands in home cooking as well as from up-and-coming companies who specialize in kitchenware – all with different prices and features to suit every need.
List of 15 Best Medium Saucepans Reviews
1. Cuisinart 619-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard Medium Saucepan
- Hard anodized is the toughest and most durable type of aluminum. It has a more uniform texture than softer, polished metals so it won’t dent or scratch easily over time – perfect for professional chefs.
- The Quantanium non-stick interior is reinforced with titanium and provides lasting food release, a healthily-non fat cooking option. The clear coat exterior makes it easy to see when cleaning up so you can get back on track quickly.
- Hard anodized construction offers a superior level of heat distribution that reaches all areas evenly, eliminates hot spots quickly and efficiently.
- Cool grip handles are a must-have for any chef. This stainless steel stick provides you with the reassurance that your stovetop will stay cool, and it has an incredibly solid feel in hand – much better than slippery plastics or wood.
2. Utopia Kitchen 2 Quart Nonstick Medium Saucepan
- Coated with a non-stick surface for durability, these Medium Saucepans are made of high-quality material. 3003 aluminum alloys make up their construction and ensure that they will last longer than other brands’ saucepans which are not as durable or have cheaper coatings on them.
- This unparalleled pan is the perfect size for two people. It’s durable enough to last through whatever you can dish out, and its heavy-duty interior will never scratch or dent. The handle features a sturdy rivet construction that ensures maximum grip when serving food in this fashionable pot. Whether it’s sauces, gravies cooking pasta – no meal gets past your delicious utensil.
- Dishwasher safe, but first use a paper towel or wooden utensil to remove any loose food from the pan. Then lightly sprinkle dish-washing soap on it and give it one wipe with your sponge before loading it into the machine for cleaning.
3. Cook N Home Nonstick Medium Saucepan, 2 quart
- This 2-quart saucepan is perfect for searing, frying, simmering, sautéing, and more. With a nonstick coating that releases your food with ease and prevents sticking altogether – simply clean up with soap and water after all the delicious work is done.
- Made of heavy gauge aluminum to promote even heating/quick heat conduction to prevent hot spots, this pan’s tempered glass lid lets you cook without lifting off or adding extra oil so you can see what’s cooking at any moment.
- The soft-touch handle stays cool while its ridge grip makes it easy to maneuver whilst being compatible with gas, electric glass ceramic, etc. The walls are 1mm thick for durability as well as Induction compatibility – not oven safe.
4. Cuisinart 719-14 Medium Saucepan, 1 quart
- This Cuisinart Medium Saucepan is made out of 18/10 stainless steel that surrounds an aluminum core that heats efficiently. Located on the bottom are four thick, riveted stick handles where you can place both hands to safely cook your food without anything slipping through it.
- The rim is smoothly tapered so nothing spills or drips when pouring. All throughout this pot, there are small holes for steam to escape and minimize boiling over due to high liquid levels in the pan.
- A tight-fitting stainless cover seals moisture into the contents of the pan while cooking because these pans were designed by Cuisinart.
5. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 2-Quart Covered Medium Saucepan
- The 2-quart saucepan’s full cap base boasts stainless steel layered over a thick aluminum core for rapid, even heating, pan exterior is mirror finished.
- This sleek, stainless steel canteen is a must-have for any outdoorsman. The bell shape and rolled rim make it easy to grip while the iconic styling provides you with a confident grasp that will last through all sorts of adventures.
- These saucepans are designed to be used in an oven and dishwasher, so they’re top-notch quality. They can tolerate high temperatures without any problem.
- With its well-established reputation for quality, it’s no surprise that the Farberware frying pan is a perfect match with other items from this popular brand.
6. Cuisinart 7193-20 Medium Saucepan, 3 quart
- The Cuisinart 7193-20 Medium Saucepan, 3 quart is an exemplary cookware piece and a kitchen necessity.
- Boasting a fast and effective aluminum encapsulated base that eliminates hot spots, the stainless steel top does not change colors or react with food and it also maintains flavors well so what you taste will always be true to the dish.
- The riveted solid stainless steel handle stays cool on the stovetop and is comfortable to grip for pouring while providing balance when doing so.
- The rim of this saucepan has been tapered for drip-free pouring and the cover locks in moisture which helps your dish stay moist all throughout cooking.
7. Farberware Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Medium Saucepan
- Non-stick surfaces make cooking easy and mess-free. This heavy-duty saucepan has a durable top-quality nonstick interior, providing an effortless release of food from the bottom.
- This cookware is designed to last, with a durable glass lid and double-riveted handle. The Pour Spouts on the saucepan make it easy for you to pour out your favorite dish even when there’s no room left in the pan.
- The 3-quart saucepan is perfect for any meal you are cooking, from breakfast foods to casseroles. It can even handle dishes like macaroni and cheese.
- Perfect for straining sauces, soups, and other dishes. The Farberware Covered Strainer complements any dish in their line of cookware.
8. MICHELANGELO 3 Quart Medium Saucepan with Lid
- Michelangelo Nonstick 3 Quart Medium Saucepan is perfect for cooking/reheating vegetables, sauces, or soup. The superior Ceramic & Titanium interior makes it ideal to use low heat with minimal oil and plenty of flavors. Cleans up easily too so you can enjoy your meal without having any worries about dirtying another dish (or yourself).
- This 3-quart small pot with a lid is made of professional-grade aluminum alloy that conducts heat quickly and evenly, giving you the perfect cooking experience. The precise temperature control makes sure there’s no hot spot whatsoever. No chipping or peeling either- this cookware will last longer than its lifetime in your kitchen for sure.
- The long, ergonomically designed heavy-duty stainless steel handles of the copper saucepan provide you with a secure and comfortable grip. The heat-resistant glass lid seals in flavor for healthier tasting food as it allows viewing from start to finish without having any concerns about burning your hand on an open flame.
- For a greener and safer world, choose the Michelangelo nonstick 3-quart saucepan with a lid. It’s PTFA (lead-free), PFOA-free, lead, and cadmium-free. This is perfect for healthy cooking that will always leave you feeling satisfied in more than just taste alone.
- This copper saucepan is perfect for all your cooking needs. It’s oven safe up to 450°F and can withstand high temperatures on any stovetop. The 3-quart size means you won’t have to worry about running low before making another meal.
9. Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless Medium Saucepan with Cover
- Cuisinart 719-16 Professional Stainless Medium Saucepan is the perfect vessel for simmering, boiling, poaching, and braising. With its deep bass, this saucepan heats quickly and spreads heat evenly which eliminates hot spots.
- Unlike other cookware made from silver or aluminum that can’t benefit from a gleaming metal finish without dulling colors from fresh tomatoes or sauces Cuisinart’s convenient stainless steel will maintain a beautifully polished look while keeping food flavorful and vibrant in color.
- Cook confidently knowing you have a reliable kitchen tool with professional results at your service – try it out today.
10. GreenPan Hudson Healthy Medium Saucepan
- This GreenPan Hudson Healthy Medium Saucepan is crafted with durable baking-safe construction and a Thermolon healthy ceramic nonstick coating. At only 2 3/4 pounds, it’s lightweight to easily transfer from stovetop to table.
- Generations of cooks will be happy knowing that our pan releases zero toxic fumes and leaves no harmful chemicals or lead in the food during cooking.
- An oven-safe handle stays cool and comfortable for simple handling, while its vintage-inspired wood finish gives your kitchen an artsy aesthetic without the worry of burns.
- This GreenPan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Coating is made to stand up against wear and tear as you cook daily meals with this handy saucepan so purchase now at such a low price.
11. AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Medium Saucepan with Glass Lid
- You can put your taste buds on display with this 18/10 FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL Medium Saucepan. The 2.5 QT saucepan has a strainer glass lid and measures in even increments for easy cooking. It’s shiny outside to prevent scratches while maintaining that sleek look we all love about stainless steel. Plus the smooth matte finish inside will never leave unwanted marks behind after use either so you don’t have anything but high-quality equipment at hand when preparing meals or stir-fry creations.
- With this glass cover, you can strain anything from pasta to vegetables and more. It features straining holes on both sides of the rim with pour spouts for right-handed or lefties. The silicone lid handle makes it safe enough in addition to being easy to carry around too without risk of breakage due to where there are no metal parts inside.
- Induction cookware is the way of tomorrow! Not only does it save energy, but its specially constructed tri-ply stainless steel base with pure aluminum encapsulation avoids heat spots and distributes heat evenly. This saves time on your household chores while also warming you up from head to toe in no time at all thanks for this new innovation that has been making waves lately among top chefs across America.
- Made from high-quality 18/10 food-grade stainless steel, this spoon is durable and resistant to rust. It also has been designed with a beautiful finish that will look great in your kitchen. Dishwasher safe or refrigerated for storage convenience when not being used.
12. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized Medium Saucepan with Lid
- The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized Medium Saucepan is perfect for bubbly pasta, wholesome soups, and savory sauces. Its quantum nonstick coating means low to no sticking or staining, so it makes simple cooking fast and easy.
- The riveted stay-cool steel handle feels comfy in the hand with an ergonomic grip that will minimize hand fatigue. And because it can be washed by hand without any extra scrubbing needed, there’s less chance of scratching.
- This saucepan also has a tempered glass lid that lets you see your food while it cooks without actually touching too many heat-keeping meals moist.
13. Utopia Kitchen Nonstick Medium Saucepan
- This set of 2 Medium Saucepans are made from the highest quality materials with a 3 mm thickness in both pans. These durable lacquered steel bodies will last you for years to come, and they also boast two-layer non-stick coatings that make them easy to clean.
- This set is a great addition to your kitchen, and with the induction-friendly 2-quart saucepans you can cook on any surface. The 1-quart pan has a spiral bottom for use only when cooking on traditional stoves. It’s not suitable at all in an electric or ceramic coated pot.
- The steel handle of this pan is cool enough to the touch, but not hot at all. The glass lid provides an airtight seal so your food will stay fresh and delicious while you’re cooking.
14. GreenPan Lima Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Medium Saucepan
- Introducing the Lima Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Medium Saucepan by GreenPan. The healthy ceramic nonstick coating is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium so you never have to worry about nasty toxins leaking from your cookware.
- That’s not even all. This pan can be used in ovens for baking or broiling food up to 600°F without having any toxic worries whatsoever.
- You’ll feel safe using it with metal utensils too-not only is the body strong enough to withstand scratching, but the riveted stainless steel handle is also designed for a durable grip.
15. GreenLife Soft Grip Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Medium Saucepan
- This healthy and easy-to-clean ceramic nonstick coating is derived from sand and free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium for effortless cooking and quick cleanup.
- Soft Grip Bakelite handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop for maximum comfort. Made from recycled aluminum it’s reinforced with a wobble-free base for extra strength and even heating.
- Dishwasher safe but most messes wipe away. Rivetless interior to prevent snags or food buildup – perfect for families with kids. Durable glass lids make any meal look good while protecting it all at once in case you want casseroles or lasagnas warming in your oven.
Tips and guide to buying the best Medium Saucepan
The importance of saucepans is in the details. For many people, choosing a medium saucepan can be an intimidating process but it’s important not to overlook any aspect when selecting your new cookware. Pay attention here for these tips:
They’re one of the key components to look for when searching for your next saucepan. Handles should be comfortable to hold and oven-safe so that you can transfer it straight from stove to oven with ease.
The best Medium Saucepan will come from a well-reputed brand that has a history of quality cookware production across a range of prices. Whether you’re looking for budget options or premium cookware, our first priority is finding you a brand that believes in its product and stands behind it with a warranty.
There are different materials used in manufacturing Medium Saucepans on the market today as well as varying sizes – which might make choosing one type over another difficult if not given some guidance ahead of time. You should bear in mind your budget and preferences, too – we’ll help you through this process as well.
The right Medium Saucepan will be made from a high-quality material like stainless steel or copper and should also not scratch easily either. Some pans use aluminum and several other materials as well which you can read about below for more details on what to look for in each type of cookware.
Manufacturers display the size of their pans in terms of “quarts” which can make it difficult to compare one against another if you’re shopping based on capacity alone. We’ve grouped our list into two capacities that are standard but vary slightly depending on the manufacturer- small saucepans are up to 2 quarts and medium saucepans are up to 3 quarts in capacity.
There are often additional features of the medium saucepan that can boil down to personal preference of what you might need. Some examples of this include glass lids, non-stick coating on the pan, or even more advanced technologies like induction compatibility or electric stovetops.
FAQs about a Medium Saucepan
How do I use my Medium Saucepan?
Cooking with your new pot is simple but does vary depending on what you’re making within it. One thing’s for sure- this type of cookware will be an essential tool in any kitchen.
What is the difference between small and medium saucepans?
The size of your saucepan directly corresponds to its volume or capacity- the larger, the more it can hold. Smaller saucepans are great for making sauces, while medium saucepans are ideal for other hot foods like rice or soup dishes.
How do I clean my Medium Saucepan?
Cleaning your new pot should be quite easy especially if you have one with a non-stick coating on the inside. If not, you simply need to use soapy water and a scouring pad or sponge to wipe away any food that has stuck itself to the surface until it all comes off easily.
How much does a medium saucepan hold?
On average, a Medium Saucepan will hold between 1 and 3 quarts of liquid or other substances. The size you need will depend on the recipes you’re cooking most often as well as your own preference for how much food you’d like to cook at once.
Do I need an induction-ready Medium Saucepan?
Not necessarily. If you’re cooking with gas or electric stovetops, most medium-sized pots will work perfectly fine thanks to their cladded design – which means the exterior metal is attached directly to the inside. You can read more about this below in our article as well as look for a pot that has good heat distribution and good contact between the bottom of the pan and your stovetop.
Conclusion for the Best Medium Saucepan
Having a new Medium Saucepan in the kitchen is going to be a great addition for any cook, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced professional. Even if you don’t have experience with this type of cooking vessel, our buying guide will help point you in the right direction based on your budget and preferences.
A Medium saucepan is a perfect tool for cooking pasta, making soup, or steaming vegetables. With so many options out there it can be difficult to figure out which one you should buy. We’ve done our research and have narrowed down some of the top choices on the market with a comprehensive review of each product.
Whether you are looking for something basic that will work well in your home kitchen or want an upgrade for professional chefs, we hope this list helps make your decision easier. Buy now the best products we have shared above for a great experience.
Alex Johnson is currently a restaurateur in New York. He used to trade in kitchen equipment products, so he understands this field very well. Besides, the culinary knowledge he shares is also extremely useful because he has his own restaurant.