Sheet pans are a staple in any kitchen. If you want to make sure your final product is delicious, it’s important that the pan be made of high-quality material. Most sheet pans are aluminum or steel with an uncovered surface which can easily burn food if not properly prepared before baking begins. The best option may be a copper-rimmed stainless steel one because they will retain more heat than their counterparts while also being easy on dishwashers.
They are versatile, easy to store, and great for cooking everything from sheet pan dinners to roasted veggies. But how do you find the best Sheet Pan? To help you out, we’ve put together this guide on what to look for when buying a sheet pan. We’ll also include our favorite 13 options that will be sure to last you through countless meals.
- 1 List of 13 Best Sheet Pans Reviews
- 1.1 1. Goodcook Steel Nonstick Bakeware, 3 Piece Cookie Sheet Pans Set
- 1.2 2. Professional Quarter Sheet Pan 9×13-inch
- 1.3 3. AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan
- 1.4 4. Prepd Cheat Sheets, The Original Modular Sheet Pan Dividers
- 1.5 5. USA Pan Bakeware Half Sheet Pan
- 1.6 6. Rachael Ray Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheet Pan
- 1.7 7. NutriChef Nonstick Cookie Sheet Pan – 2pc Large
- 1.8 8. AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan, Full Sheet, 26 x 18 Inch
- 1.9 9. AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan, Jelly Roll Sheet
- 1.10 10. G & S Metal Products Company ProBake Teflon Xtra Nonstick Sheet Pan
- 1.11 11. Cucina Nonstick Bakeware Set Baking Cookie Sheet Pans
- 1.12 12. Nordic Ware Quarter Sheet Pan, 2-Pack, Natural
- 1.13 13. Tiger Chef Full Size 18 x 26-inch Aluminum Sheet Pan
- 2 Tips and guide to buying the best Sheet Pan
- 3 Tips for using your Sheet Pan
- 4 FAQs about a Sheet Pan
- 5 Conclusion for the Best Sheet Pan
List of 13 Best Sheet Pans Reviews
1. Goodcook Steel Nonstick Bakeware, 3 Piece Cookie Sheet Pans Set
- The Good Cook 3-Piece Cookie Sheet Set is versatile, durable, and easy to use. This nonstick cookie sheet set allows you to cook your favorite cookies. The no-scrub deal–directions are written right on the tray for how to clean it so you can enjoy healthy living with time-saving kitchen tasks.
- No more scrubbing down dishes in the sink when they come out of the oven; this matters if you like having guests or after school baking fun with kids. Get these three bright colors: green, cobalt blue, pink shades available now today and make your sweet treats actually taste even sweeter.
2. Professional Quarter Sheet Pan 9×13-inch
- Bake with commercial-grade, warp-resistant aluminum baking sheets. Ultra Cuisine’s pans are designed to produce superior quality and a specialized steel rim prevents warping for small cookie sheet sizes measuring exterior 13″x9″. 2 quarter size options are available.
- To create an even baking surface, these commercial-grade aluminum sheet pans are designed with premium aluminum for superior performance and a reinforced steel rim to prevent warping. The small cookie sheets measure 13 x 9-inch exterior dimensions. (19cm) Interiors 11x7in/8x6cm respectively, 2 quarter size cake molds can be used on both sides of each pan as well.
- Bake your cookies and other treats to perfection with these commercial-grade aluminum baking sheets. The special design of the pan prevents warping while still giving you an even bake every time. These pans are perfect for home bakers, restaurants on the run, or anyone in need; they come in two options: quarter size (13×9) & mini-sized(12 x 8 inches).
- The aluminum baking pans from Ultra Cuisine are made with a premium grade of material to never rust in the high temperatures that these products can withstand. They will give you peace of mind when making your favorite dishes knowing they’ll last for years on end.
3. AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan
- Now you can bake like the professionals with this commercial-grade baking sheet. Made from aluminum, it offers even heating and superior heat conductivity that ensures food bakes and browns perfectly every time, without burning or scorching.
- Designed for home use, this unique sheet pan is perfect for cooling pies and cakes as well as roasting chicken to golden perfection.
- Stop wasting money on those flimsy second-rate sheets you find at the grocery store and treat yourself to a quality product designed with your needs in mind, whether you’re baking up a storm or hosting an old-fashioned family dinner. When it comes to baking, don’t compromise: order today.
4. Prepd Cheat Sheets, The Original Modular Sheet Pan Dividers
- Cheat Sheets are a kitchen that will change the way you cook. Never overcook your meal again with Cheat Sheets, which let you separate ingredients to maximize time in the oven.
- Nonstick silicone dividers allow for max cooking space and easy clean-up in an oven-safe design when divided food is finished cooking. Cheat Sheets are BPA, BPS, and PFOA free making them 100% healthy but still professional grade. Move past your old pans to something new in convenient packs of 2.
5. USA Pan Bakeware Half Sheet Pan
- This is a commercial-grade, heavy-gauge aluminized steel pan that will withstand the rigors of your kitchen. It’s perfect for baking and roasting vegetables or even cookies.
- The best pans are made of the finest materials, and this includes baking sheets. The unique design features a corrugated surface that maximizes air circulation to give you faster release from your baked goods without compromising on quality.
- Non-stick America’s patented silicone coating is PTFE, PFOA, and BPA-free. It provides easy release for baked goods without sticking to the pan while still providing an easy clean-up with hot water mild soap or even just using a simple sponge.
- The USA Pan Company has been a Bundy family business since 1965 and they’re proud to say it’s made high-quality bakeware in America for over 50 years. The 17 x 12-inch baking sheet is a perfect size: small enough so you can use one or two of them at once, but large enough that there will always be plenty on hand when someone else wants some too.
6. Rachael Ray Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheet Pan
- The pans are made from durable steel that resists warping and the nonstick surface allows for easy cleanup. The long-lasting cookie pan set includes 9-inch x 13 inch, 10-inch x 15-inch, 11 inches 17 inches square baking sheets in a variety of sizes so you can make lasting memories with your family.
- The all-over nonstick surface of a roasting pan makes it easy to release food from the bottom without scratching or burning. The long-lasting material ensures that there won’t be any residue left on your dishes, so you can enjoy clean surfaces every time.
- The confident grasp and extra-wide grippy handles on the pans provide a perfect grip, which is safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus we’ll donate some proceeds in thanks for YumO (r), Rachael’s nonprofit helps kids develop healthy relationships with food as well as their parents.
7. NutriChef Nonstick Cookie Sheet Pan – 2pc Large
- If you want to make the most of your time in the kitchen, this cooking sheet pan will be right up your alley. Not only does it feature a nonstick coating that makes food release easy and quick but also eliminates any need for butter or oil (or even cooking spray!), making tasty baked goods come out without all those pesky sticky fingers we try so hard not to get on them every time.
- The commercial-grade restaurant-quality bakeware is made with engineered carbon steel metal alloy and has an attractive, goldish metallic coating. The Oven safe up to 446°F (230 °C) prevents warping after repeated use that will last a lifetime.
- Cookie sheets that offer a safe edge for sauces and juices to be kept away from the cooked food will give your kitchen an elegant look. The fully rimmed border prevents parchment paper from sliding out, while still giving ample airflow so it’s easy to clean up after cooking with these amazing cookie pan sets.
- The non-stick pans are dishwasher safe, making them perfect for preparing food without having to clean the engine. They can also be used in the oven when cooking with gas or electric rings.
8. AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan, Full Sheet, 26 x 18 Inch
- What could be easier than not having to worry about waiting for your cookies to finish baking? Whether you’re an expert cook or a novice, this giant cookie sheet is perfect for any level. When it comes time to get all of your ingredients together, there’s nothing better than the promise of delicious homemade items.
- These pans are non-stick so cleanup will take a…brief moment alone. The aluminum construction reflects heat evenly making sure every item…cooks just right while its rust-proof surface prevents rusting and warping that can happen with inferior quality products made from poorer metals. For easy care simply hand wash these cookie sheets before first use and after each use with warm water and soap.
9. AmazonCommercial Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan, Jelly Roll Sheet
- Bring your baking and roasting to the next level with this commercial-grade aluminum sheet pan from Amazon. With their nonstick coating, these pans make food more attractive as it puffs up on top of potatoes or meatloaf, alleviating the need for carefully peeling hot pies or cakes.
- Made from durable metal that resists warping and rust, this jelly roll sheet is perfect for a wide range of cooking methods including gas ovens, electric ovens, campfires, microwaves and even frying pans on induction stovetops.
- Handwashing is recommended between use but you’ll love not having to scrub away stubborn food stains or melted cheese that refuses to come off.
10. G & S Metal Products Company ProBake Teflon Xtra Nonstick Sheet Pan
- The versatility of the ProBake Nonstick Medium Cookie Pan makes it a must-have for bakers. You can use this cookie sheet to make cookies, batch after batch; or you could even cook up your favorite Sheet pan dinners.
- The ProBake Nonstick Medium Cookie Pan is coated with a Teflon Xtra non-stick finish designed to make it the perfect choice for high performance. This durable, long-lasting pan will withstand wear and tear in your everyday cooking routine making sure that every recipe turns out as you expect them to.
- The coating on these pans makes releasing food a breeze. It’s never been easier to clean up after your meal, with no more stubborn grease or expensive paper liners needed.
- With a professional weight steel construction, the Panini maker can ensure even heating and no hot spots for perfect baking results.
11. Cucina Nonstick Bakeware Set Baking Cookie Sheet Pans
- This package is perfect for the baker on the go. The 9 inch round cake pan, 12 cup muffin, and cupcake pans will help you make all of your creations. Makes baking easier than ever before with this sturdy set that includes two 10″ x 15″ cookie sheets (perfect to use as single layer trays), two 9” circle ones too large to fit into any other standard size frying pan; 8 additional 6 oz capacity loaf or Charlotte russe(small) recipe bowls also known at Dutch Ovens which come in various sizes including 7″,9″,10″.
- This Rachael Ray nonstick bakeware set will make your everyday cooking experience a breeze. It features heavy-gauge steel construction and rolled-rim edges for easy handling, which add durability to this high-quality product that can be used over and over again without worrying about wear or tear on the surface of one piece like some other sets might do.
- The nonstick coating of the pan is long-lasting and latte-colored to provide excellent food release with quick cleanup. The silicone grip on the bakeware handle offers plenty of comfortable grasps even when using potholders.
- Silicone grips on the bakeware panhandles offer plenty of solid, comfortable grasp. The silicone makes grabbing these pans easy even with potholders.
12. Nordic Ware Quarter Sheet Pan, 2-Pack, Natural
- America’s favorite quarter sheet is here now in two-packs – with the same quality and durability, but twice as many. With so many fantastic baked goods to create, you’ll be glad you have more than one at a time. The Nordicware Quarter Sheet Pan makes for easy clean-up because it can be hand washed only.
- It also features a reinforced encapsulated steel rim that prevents warping. Made of pure aluminum, this pan will never rust or get scratched so you get a lifetime of great baking from this durable bakeware.
13. Tiger Chef Full Size 18 x 26-inch Aluminum Sheet Pan
- The best aluminum baking sheet pans are 18 gauge, and they have reinforced wire bottoms. These professional-weight bake ware is 26×18 inches so you can always be sure it will fit in any home oven.
- This pan has a tapered design which allows for simple stacking when not in use. This saves valuable storage space for commercial bakers and restaurateurs alike.
- The aluminum construction of this oven is superior to other materials, such as steel or cast iron. This prevents warping and the reinforcement on its rim creates even baking results with an attractive brown color at all times.
Tips and guide to buying the best Sheet Pan
A sheet pan is an essential tool for the home cook. It needs to be durable, simple, and easy to use in order not only to withstand wear but also to deliver consistent results no matter what you’re cooking on them. To achieve this our top criteria were:
Sheet pans are essential for cooking, but they can also be used to serve food. If you want them only to bake cookies or roast vegetables, a half sheet pan is fine. But if you’re baking full meals like sheet pan dinners with roasted meats and veggies, consider getting one that’s on the larger side. Look for at least 12 x 17 inches of space, which will allow enough room between items for even heat distribution.
Most sheet pans are made from aluminum or steel. Aluminum is lighter while steel tends to conduct heat more evenly across the entire surface. However stainless steel is an excellent option because it won’t rust and can withstand corrosion without leaching into your food. Plus it has the added benefit of looking stylish in almost any kitchen.
Copper is the best option if you want something that will conduct heat between your food for even cooking, but it’s also expensive. A good next step would be a stainless steel sheet pan with a copper finish which will allow for both affordability and quality cooking at the same time. If you’re not willing to make this splurge, stick to ones that are stick-resistant. These can help cut down on oil intake during baking by allowing you to use less butter or oil in the first place. Additionally, they won’t leave your food tasting metallic or leaching into your dishwater where it might come into contact with other foods later on.
Seasoning of sheet pan
Seasoning is the process of adding a thin layer of oil to a piece of cooking equipment. While some might think it means applying a chemical coating, seasoning actually refers to an organic process in which oils oxidize and polymerize while reacting with carbon dioxide from the air. This creates a protective layer on your cookware that won’t come off for several years, increasing its resistance to damage and staining. It also helps prevent oxidation from occurring within your food which can result in dangerous carcinogens.
One of the most annoying mistakes you can make while cooking is spilling your meal on the floor. Make sure that any sheet pan you purchase has convenient looped handles on either end which allow for easy transportation. This also helps prevent accidents like dropping the hot sheet pan onto your toes or fingers while transferring it to and from the oven.
The thickness will affect how quickly heat reaches your food, plus thicker pans are less likely to warp under high heat. Sheet pans with an aluminum core wrapped in stainless steel will be both lightweight and durable. These are often found in higher-end models, but keep an eye out for ones made of high gauge aluminum (thickness will usually be noted). If you want a lighter material, steel pans with a high sandwich construction (meaning two sheets of the same material) will be best.
Weight is a good indicator of durability. Heavier sheet pans can stand up to a lot more wear and tear without warping or cracking. Thinner pans that warp easily don’t always mean they’re cheap, but if you do have the option between two lightweight models, choose the thicker one every time.
This is especially important when baking anything other than cookies or other thin desserts which cook quickly on their own. Insulated sheet pans will be noticeably heavier and this may take some getting used to. For safety reasons, it’s best not to use them for seafood items since this could result in cross-contamination from food being cooked at different temperatures while being placed all on one pan together.
You can choose between glossy and matte finishes which will affect what you’re cooking as well as how much time and effort it takes to clean the sheet pan. If you’re just roasting vegetables or baking cookies, a shiny finish will reflect heat back onto your food for faster cooking. However, if you don’t mind spending extra time scrubbing, then a matte surface might be better for searing steak and other foods that require high temperatures.
Tips for using your Sheet Pan
- Use baking paper or parchment whenever possible. This is not only healthier but also makes cleaning your sheet pan much easier since nothing will stick to it when you’re done cooking. Line with aluminum foil for roasted vegetables, meats with a lot of fat, and anything that might stick. When cooking foods high in sugar like cookies, leave the sheet pan ungreased so things can crisp up all around evenly.
- Depending on what you’re cooking, different temperatures are needed. If you’re just preheating your oven, make sure the pan starts out on the lower rack where the heat is less intense. After about ten minutes switch it to another rack that is closer to the top. Metal pans should be placed between two-thirds and three-quarters of the way up from the bottom.
- Before putting it in the oven, preheat your sheet pan by running it under hot water for about 10 seconds. Don’t forget to dry thoroughly before baking with it or you’ll run the risk of rusting or cracking the surface. If you’re using parchment paper, cut out a piece slightly larger than what you need so there’s no chance of food seeping under and creating an unseemly mess on the inside of your oven door. Use two sheets if necessary to prevent sticking (most foods only require one).
- After cooking is done never put cold liquids into a hot sheet pan because they could warp or crack it. Preheat again before placing anything in the oven since cold pans are more likely to crack under extreme heat.
FAQs about a Sheet Pan
What is a sheet pan?
A sheet pan is an essential piece of equipment in any kitchen. It’s used for cooking anything from meats and vegetables to baked goods like cookies and cakes, as well as roasting larger items such as chickens and even Thanksgiving turkeys. Sheet pans are usually made of aluminum or stainless steel which conducts heat evenly throughout the surface area allowing everything to cook thoroughly. They come in different sizes including half-sheet pans (measuring 13 x 18 inches), quarter-sheet pans (measuring 12 x 10 inches), and third-sheet pans (measuring 9½ x 11½ inches). The latter two will typically fit perfectly into standard half-size ovens so you can cook multiple things at once without crowding the oven.
How much does a sheet pan weigh?
Disk-shaped sheet pans usually range between 5 and 9 pounds, depending on their size and material used. Aluminum is typically much lighter than stainless steel which means the larger the pan the heavier it will be. For example, an 11 x 17-inch aluminum half-size sheet pan can easily handle heavy dishes like lasagna but will be difficult to maneuver when filled with food or water since it’s so lightweight. A 9 x 13-inch stainless steel one however might require two people for lifting due to its weight which could result in dropping things onto the floor if not combined carefully with other items. If you need to use several at once keep this in mind to avoid accidents that could potentially damage the pan.
How deep is a sheet pan?
Most commercial and restaurant-style sheet pans measure 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch in thickness, but you can find lighter and heavier ones as well depending on their intended use. Thinner models will ensure the evenest cooking results since they’ll heat up faster than thicker ones which means less time under the heat lamp before serving your food to customers or guests. On the other hand, those that are at least 1/4-inch thick deliver superior heat retention without warping or scorching food due to dents or jagged edges caused by rough handling. You may also want to consider using different types of sheet pans for different such as one made from stainless steel, another from aluminum, and the third one with a nonstick coating which is usually reserved for baking lighter dishes like cakes since they won’t stick to the surface.
Can you use a sheet pan in a broiler?
Yes, but there are some things you need to be aware of first. Sheet pans typically aren’t designed for ovens that get so hot on the bottom such as those with heated wire racks or flame broilers next to them. During broiling, the air has no circulation around the edges so it’s easy to quickly scorch or burn your food because there’s no escape route for moisture and fat particles created during cooking that travel up while collecting carcinogenic compounds along the way. To prevent this from happening place the sheet pan on a wire rack placed in the lowest position if your broiler has one. If not, use a different oven-safe container such as a metal roasting pan or anything that can withstand temperatures of at least 500 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes without warping or melting under it.
Are sheet pans dishwashers safe?
Although durable stainless steel models are generally dishwasher safe, some have coatings that are only meant to be hand-washed with just warm water and soap. Check with the manufacturer before trying to clean any of them this way to avoid the potential damage that could shorten their lifespan including discoloration, peeling off the paint around crevices belonging to flimsy models made from thin aluminum, rusting around rims on ones made from steel, and warping around any Teflon or Silpat nonstick linings.
Conclusion for the Best Sheet Pan
There are many different things to consider when buying a sheet pan but it’s important not to get overwhelmed by all the details and just look for one that offers the most value based on its features and performance. Having more than one size available can be advantageous since you can cook multiple things at once without worrying about overcrowding your oven, while nonstick coatings come in very handy during baking and broiling. The more durable ones made from thick stainless steel will last longer without warping or denting but may require special care such as hand-washing so they don’t scratch or peel which would defeat their purpose of being nonstick.
The ultimate guide to buying a good sheet pan is finally here! We’ve covered everything you need to know, from things that matter most in the kitchen to how much it should cost. Armed with this knowledge and our reviews of 13 excellent products, we hope you can find your perfect match for cooking up some delicious dishes at home. If not, have no fear. Our team of experts is ready and waiting to partner with you on finding what will work best for your needs. Why not buy now? Buy one today and see why these pans make such great investments they last a lifetime.