A gas grill under $300 will make you the envy of your friends and family this summer. Whether it’s for BBQing up some smoked salmon or beef brisket, grilling up fresh vegetables on a perfect day with good weather-the right machine means that everyone can enjoy themselves together.
If you’re in the market for a new Gas Grill Under $300, you’re in luck. We’ve put together a list of the 13 best gas grills under $300. No matter what your needs or budget may be, we have something for you. So, read on to find the perfect grill for your home.
List of 13 Best Gas Grills Under $300 Reviews
1. Char-Broil Portable 240 Liquid Propane Gas Grill Under $300
- The Char-Broil Portable 240 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is the perfect solution for on-the-go grilling. This sturdy grill has a 240 square inch cooking surface, making it perfect for burgers, chicken, or steaks.
- The porcelain body is painted and rust-resistant, while the sturdy legs keep the grill stable whether placed on the ground or on a table. With its built-in temperature gauge and 1 LB propane tank compatibility (sold separately), this grill is perfect for any outdoor activity.
2. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Gas Grill Under $300
- This portable grill is perfect for small outdoor cooking events like camping and tailgating. It features sturdy feet that help it remain stable with an attached 20 lb propane tank (not included).
- With three separate burners, you can cook with an overall 25K+ BTUs of power. With a simple push from the integrated piezo igniter and temperature control that goes up to high heat settings, your food will come out quickly and evenly heated for even more deliciousness in every bite.
- The best way to start your grilling journey is with this all-inclusive, ready-for occasion grill. No more worrying about complex assembly before you cook.
- The grease cup is easy to remove and clean, so you can keep your griddle looking new. The removable surface of this utensil will also save time in the kitchen by making it easier for cleaning.
3. Megamaster 820-0065C Propane Gas Grill Under $300, Red + Black
- The Megamaster 820-0065C Propane Gas Grill is the perfect grill for your backyard. This grill is easy to assemble and folds up for easy storage. The durable high-grade stainless steel main burner will last for years, and the strong steel frame with a heat-resistant coating finish ensures that your grill will stay in great condition.
- With 11,000 total BTUs of cooking power, this grill provides even and consistent heat so you can cook all of your favorite foods. The 360 sq. in. cooking space means that you can easily cook up to 17 burgers at once.
4. Royal Gourmet GA4400T Stainless Steel 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill Under $300
- The ability to cook 15 hamburgers at once is thanks in part due to an abundance of cooking space consisting of 471 sq inches on four cast-iron grates and 169 additional square inches for warming racks.
- The durable stainless steel burners allow for longer-lasting use. The four 4 inch diameter circles generate 40,000 BTU (10K each) of cooking power to achieve even heat and high/low control with their ability towards your favorite dish.
- These side tables are perfect for hosting a party, and you can get them in any color. These durable pieces have more prep space than most thanks to their two shelves that hold all of your seasonings or grilling tools so they stay within arm’s reach.
- Even heat is evenly distributed throughout the grates, and food tastes better because of superior absorption. The stainless steel flame tamers spread it around even more with their soft warmth while porcelain-enameled cast iron provides lasting protection against high temperatures for excellent flavor production in all your recipes – whether they be savory or sweet.
- The easy-to-clean and move grease management system includes a tray, cup, or basket for collecting residues from cooking which can be easily transported to an appropriate disposal location. The two durable wheels make moving this grill quick and simple no matter where you want it moved to.
5. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Grill Under $300
- The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Grill is the perfect choice for tailgating, camping, or any outdoor activity. This grill is built tough with a cast aluminum firebox and lid, dual stainless steel latches, and a temperature gauge.
- The high-impact frame ensures durability while the legs and carry handles make it easy to transport. The TRU-Infrared cooking system prevents flare-ups, ensuring tasty, evenly cooked food every time. With 200 square inches of grilling space, this grill is perfect for feeding a crowd.
6. Royal Gourmet GT1001 Stainless Steel Gas Grill Under $300
- The U-shape burner is the perfect choice for any outdoor cookout. Its durable stainless steel tubular design generates 10,000 BTU which achieves fast and even heat distribution so your food will always be cooked right if you’re looking to make a great deal of it at once or want some really searing moments in between other activities.
- The versatile design of this picnic cooler makes it a perfect choice for outdoor activities like camping, tailgating, and more. The handle is attached to the top so that you can easily carry or store it on your deck/patio when not in use.
- The spacious cooking area is perfect for any meal preparation. With 280 square inches of total space, including 206 sq in on the stainless steel grate and 75 sq inch warming rack finished in chrome coatings this BBQ has everything you need to cook great food with ease.
- The manufacturer’s proprietarylost-condensation technology helps ensure that your food stays fresher longer, which in turn produces better flavor. This is because the unit can monitor and regulate internal temperature more accurately than other types of cookers-meaning you won’t have to worry about overdoing it on one side while undercooked elsewhere.
7. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill Under $300
- This Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill is the perfect way to enjoy a delicious grilled meal away from home. It has a 145-square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs, making it easy to take with you wherever you go. The powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish evenly and quickly.
- The integrated lid lock keeps the lid secure while you’re cooking, and the pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle makes it easy to transport. Weighing only 13.5 pounds, this grill is easy to take with you on your next outdoor excursion.
8. Cuisinart CGG-608 Portable Gas Grill Under $300, Stainless Steel
- The Cuisinart Portable Gas Grill is a great option for anyone looking for an easy-to-use and portable grill. This model has one 10,000 BTU burner and a 176 square inch cooking surface, making it perfect for small gatherings or camping trips.
- The lid has a built-in temperature gauge, so you can easily monitor your grilling progress, and the high-end stainless steel cooking grate ensures that your food will taste great. Best of all, this grill works with a 1 lb. propane canister (not included), so you can take it wherever you go.
9. Char-Broil 463352521 Performance 4-Burner Gas Grill Under $300
- The large 425 square inches primary cooking space offers superior heat retention and rust resistance. This grill also features a 130 square inch swing-away warming rack that’s great for side dishes or buns.
- The stainless steel finish of this cart gives it an extra touch that makes your house look sharp and sophisticated. The simplified design is perfect if you want something quick, easy to put together with standardized hardware so all the pieces match up perfectly no matter which LP tank storage position they go in.
- This gas grill has a porcelain-coated grease pan that can be removed for easy cleaning and it comes with an accessory tray to help you enjoy greater grilling versatility. The Electronic Ignition system makes starting up your burner fast so no matter what time of day or how many people are coming over, this thing is ready.
- The stainless steel burners emit flames from the top to allow for even heat and cooking, 10,000 BTU lidded side burner is ideal when preparing sides or sauces. When not in use it folds down so as not to interrupt your workflow with an inbox full of metal-on-metal sounds.
10. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill Under $300
- The Char-Broil classic 2B 280 is a two-burner gas grill that delivers 20,000 BTU’s of heat and a 280 square inch cooking surface to accommodate large meals with ease. The primary cooking surface measures 19.5 inches wide by 13.5 inches deep, for ample space to cook all of your favorite dishes.
- With 8,000 BTUs of side burner power, this grill also offers a Secondary Cooking Space ideal for preparing sides or sauces simultaneously. The porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to the weather and the elements, while the metal side shelves provide extra storage and prep space.
11. Megamaster 820-0033M Propane Gas Grill Under $300, Stainless Steel
- The Megamaster 820-0033M Propane Gas Grill is perfect for camping and road trips. It’s easy to assemble, with foldable legs and a lid lock system that make it compact and portable.
- The two burners are independently controlled, so you can cook your food just the way you like it. The high-grade stainless steel construction is safe and durable, making this grill a great investment for years of outdoor cooking.
12. Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill Under $300, ONE Size, Black
- The Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill is perfect for anyone who loves to grill on the go. This portable gas grill is designed with features that make it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- The porcelain-enameled cooking grates help eliminate flare-ups, so you can get great results every time. Plus, the lid and bowl are constructed of premium-grade steel with a baked-on porcelain finish, so your grill will last for years to come.
Tips and guide to buying the best Gas Grill Under $300
Keep in mind that there are several things you need to consider when shopping for the best gas grills under $300. Don’t just look at what’s displayed on an item page or catalog, but also pay attention here as we go over some essential guidelines with this list.
If you’re buying a gas grill under $300, durability is not one of the characteristics to take for granted. Even though it’s affordable, your machine should still be able to last several years if properly taken care of. Make sure to check the reviews of a product before purchasing-this will give you an idea of how long others have enjoyed using their grill.
Another thing you need to take into account when looking for the best gas grills under $300 is size. Some models are small enough to fit on a balcony or patio, while others are larger and meant for a backyard. If you don’t have much space, make sure to pick a grill that will fit comfortably in the designated area.
One of the most important features of any grill is its temperature range. Ideally, your gas grill should be able to reach high temperatures for searing meats and low temperatures for smoking. If you’re willing to pay more, there are some grills that can reach up to 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Number of Burners and other Features
Depending on what kind of food you want to prepare and how much space you have available, the number of burners could be a determining factor when shopping for the best gas grills under $300. Some models come with as many as four burners, while others only have two. Other features such as a side burner or electric ignition should also be taken into consideration.
Ease of Clean up
Another thing that some people forget to think about when looking for the best gas grill under $300 is its ease of clean-up. If you’re willing to pay more, of course, there are grills out there with grids and cooking surfaces made from porcelain or cast iron, which will make cleanup a lot easier. However, we recommend choosing a machine with at least a removable and easy-to-clean drip tray and grease channels, so you don’t have to deal with cleaning your grill after every use.
Material and Construction
Last, but certainly not least, we recommend checking the material and construction before buying a gas grill for under $300. While many models are made from stainless steel, there are also some that come with aluminum or cast iron cooking grates. It’s important to consider what material will be best suited for you depending on the type of food you want to cook and how often you plan to use your machine. Even though stainless steel is more expensive than other options, it’s also more durable and is preferred by most chefs in commercial kitchens.
Now that you know all of the things to take into account for this type of grill, it should be easier for you to choose the best gas grills under $300. Remember that, unlike many other more expensive models, these are not designed for heavy-duty use and will require more attention during assembly and clean-up.
If you’re looking for something that will be user-friendly, convenient, and durable you can’t go wrong with one of the products on our list. And if none of them fit your needs or you want to learn more about gas grills in general, make sure to check out our buying guide above.
In this article, we have shared the best gas grills under $300. If you are looking for a new grill and want to purchase one on a budget, these products will provide great value. We hope that our reviews and buyer’s guide have been helpful in making your decision easier.
Moo Lisa is the founder and editor of Food 4 Kitchen. She graduated in journalism from the University of Texas at Austin. She started learning about food and kitchen utensils in high school and still pursues it to this day.