Wood-smoked flavor with no demand for natural gas or propane is what you can expect from a wood pellet grill. All that’s needed are some unlewn vegetables, a meat tenderizer, and your favorite wines to make dinner party perfect. If you’re looking for that true smoking experience, but don’t want the hassle of actually burning wood then a pellet grill is your best bet. They yield extreme smoke which quickly dissipates from natural moisture when incorporating an irresistible smoky flavor into favorite foods like ribs or burnt ends.
You’ve probably seen the commercials of people grilling burgers on a wood pellet grill and wondered, “what is this sorcery?” Well, it turns out that wood pellet grills are more than just a marketing gimmick; they’re an efficient way to enjoy your time outdoors. Not only do they provide you with delicious food, but also the convenience of not needing propane or charcoal to cook anything. With so many options out there for these types of grills, we’ve put together a list of the 8 best wood pellet grills as well as reviews and buying advice for those who want to get started. So if you’re looking for some new ways to spend your summer evenings outside, keep reading below.
What’s a Wood Pellet Grill?
A wood pellet grill is a type of barbecue grill that uses pellets made from compressed sawdust as fuel. The sawdust is usually a combination of hardwoods like oak, hickory, and maple. Pellet grills are very convenient because they don’t require any kind of external power source, you just have to fill them with pellets and they start cooking.
Pellets come in different flavors depending on the type of wood used, so you can tailor your food to your liking. For example, if you want a smoky flavor for your meat, you can use mesquite pellets; or if you want something a little sweeter, you can use apple pellets. There are also a variety of woods that can be combined to create unique flavors.
List of 8 Best Wood Pellet Grills Reviews
1. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill
- With so many different types of grills out on the market today, it is hard to find one that matches your needs. The problem with most gas and charcoal cookers is they don’t allow you to enjoy smoked flavors like those found in pellet smokers without having an additional appliance nearby. With this technology from GrillFast I no longer have any issues using my BBQ as well at home or when camping because all we need now are these little guys-the pellets will do everything else work.
- The ease of use is what makes Z Grills so great! Once you set your desired temperature, all that’s left for me to do are some minor changes in the food itself. The best part about cooking with these pellet grills? They take care of everything else – leaving my time free just like it should be (and making dinner taste better than ever).
- The versatile, patented PID temperature control system on the George Foreman compact grill never lets you down. It holds tight temperatures from 180° – 450F while cooking with an 8-in1 feature set that includes smoking, grilling, and roasting to braising or barbecuing.
- The 452 sq. in cooking space provides the perfect amount for your small household, but big on flavor! Infuse all kinds with this well-sized tailler.
- The durability of this pellet grill will last you years! With a high-temperature powder coating, the steel construction and sturdiness are unparalleled. You’ll get the ultimate wood-fired grilling experience without worrying about it breaking down or giving out on ya soon enough.
2. Z GRILLS ZPG-700D Wood Pellet Grill Smoker
- Versatility 8-in-1 Pellet Grill: When you fire up your Z GRILLS, the power to grill, smoke & bake all comes alive. You can cook hot or slow with this versatile pellet smoker which also offers an option for braising and BBQing.
- Imagine enjoying a sleeve of ribs with your family, but instead choosing to do so over some delicious wood-fire food. You won’t have a choice because the Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill lets you enjoy both. With 10 pounds worth of pellets being able to last up to 8 hours at smoke dial settings – there’s never been an easier way for barbecue enthusiasts without access to propane or gas fuels sources.
- Grill More Food One Time: Great for home, party, or grilling area. Dimensions are 19 x 26 inches and can hold up to 20 burgers at once! It also has a smoking/warming rack that fits 6 chicken breasts comfortably on its surface with room leftover in which you could sear another few pieces of meat if desired too.
3. Monument Grills Octagonal Column Wood Pellet Grill Outdoor Smoker
- The Monument Grills Octagonal Column Wood Pellet Grill Outdoor Smoker is the perfect grill for anyone who wants to cook like a professional. The unique octagonal column oven design ensures heat insulation and energy-saving, while the sturdy construction makes it perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- With 530 square inches of total cooking area and two adjustable chrome-plated cooking racks, you can cook anything you want on this smoker. The precision temperature control system guarantees your precision grilling, while the additional 2 meat probes let you monitor the meat temperature or ambient temperature with ease.
4. Traeger Grills Tailgater 20 Portable Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker, Black
- The Traeger Tailgater is the best portable wood-pellet grill on the market. Its ability to produce delicious food in any situation you’re in makes it worth adding to your camping or tailgate gear.
- The Digital Arc Controller is perfect for those looking to cook their food with precision and accuracy. With a temperature range of 180-450 Fahrenheit, this device will keep your grilling methods at an optimal level no matter what.
- The next time you want to cook something that is grilled over an open flame, take your BBQ with it and use it anywhere. Whether at home or on the road – no matter where life brings us – we’ll always have our smoke.
- The 6-in1 versatile EZ foldable grill is perfect for camping, hiking, or just everyday use. With a 300 sq inch cooking space and the ability to hold up 12 burgers at once (3 racks of ribs) plus 2 whole chickens. This lightweight aluminum-framed Camping Grill will have your family excited about mealtime again.
5. Z Grills ZPG-7002B 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- The PELLET GRILL TECHNOLOGY is a game-changer for all grilled food lovers. No matter what type of cook you are, this device will allow your food to be smoke-smoked instead of only burning it with heat.
- The one-button starts up, this pellet smoker will maintain the preset temperature within 10 degrees fluctuation while producing an optimal amount of smoke for your favorite dish.
- This versatile range has an adjustable temperature control that can be set between 180-450 degrees Fahrenheit to give you great flexibility for cooking different foods.
- The 20 pounds large-capacity pellet hopper offers a longer cooking time, eliminating the need to refill it constantly.
6. Traeger Grills Ironwood 885 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- The Ironwood 885 takes grilling to the next level with its 500° Fahrenheit max temperature. This precision smoker is great for those who love smoking their food and has all of your needs covered, from BBQ in style or traditional charcoal coal flames.
- WiFIRE technology and Alexa enabled your grill to be fully controlled from anywhere. With the Traeger app, you can control all aspects of heating up food on the go or when away for dinner.
- The Ironwood 885 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, and roast with its porcelain enameled steel grates. Clean-up is made easy thanks to this versatile barbecue cooking tool’s clean design.
- The Ironwood is the market leader in pellet grills, but with its upgraded D2 drivetrain it starts quicker and burns hotter. The quality of smoke produced by this product has been greatly improved as well.
- With over 885 sq inches of grilling space that can hold ten chickens or seven rib racks, this smoker is perfect for cookbook authors with large families. The built-in meat probe will allow you to BBQ like a pro.
7. Z GRILLS ZPG-6002B 2020 New Model Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- The best way to get your burger is on a bun, with some tasty toppings. But there’s one more ingredient that makes it even better: searing! Temperature can go up as high as 1000℉- just open the air door and sear away while adjusting temperature control in order for grill changes over into “sear mode.
- The ease of using pellets for smoking food is something that many people enjoy, but there are also benefits to this method. For example, it typically costs less than when compared against other methods like gas or charcoal grilling because you’re not having any fuel consumption during operation which reduces cost significantly in most cases; another benefit? The meat cooks quickly so they become tender without lasting long on your palette.
- This amazing grill can do it all! The easy-to-use and clean electronics allow even beginners to cook with ease. With a Super Automatic Ignition that starts on your first press of one button, adjustable temperature control from 150° Fahrenheit – 450°F (66 °C), LED readout for meats’ doneness/done abilities. There’s nothing left out when you’re done putting together this awesome outdoor kitchen appliance package deal idea baby-not even those pesky grease points we’ve heard so much about lately.
- The new upgrade digital control board auto ignites the grill and allows you to set the cooking temperature from 180°f all of way up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Electric Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker, Bronze
- The one Traeger grill is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. It has a large cooking area and can cook chicken, ribs or burgers with ease. This product also comes equipped to handle four chickens in addition to its five-rubber racks which are great if you plan on grilling some summertime dinner guests too.
- The Traeger Wood Grill is not just a toy for when you want to cook up some meat and vegetables. It’s more than that, it provides an experience like no other. With its rugged all-terrain wheels, this grill can tackle any terrain with ease while giving off intense wood-fired taste – perfect in both indoor or outdoor settings (or anywhere between).
- Experience the grill masters of your future with this new, high-tech gas grill. The series boasts precise temperature control and a Digital Pro Controller that guarantees an even distribution of heat throughout to give you deliciously cooked food every time.
- The Traeger Pro Series 22 pellet grill offers a variety of ways to cook your food and has 6-in-1 versatility. You can choose from hot or slow cooking methods, as well as barbecue flavors for smoking meat such as chicken wings.
Tips and guide to buying the best Wood Pellet Grill
Type of Grill
There are two main types of wood pellet grills, pellet smokers and pellet grills. Pellet smokers are used mainly for smoking meat, while pellet grills are used for both smoking and grilling. If you’re unsure which type of grill is best for you, read the reviews below to see what others have said.
Another important thing to consider is the temperature range of the Wood Pellet Grill. Some grills only reach low temperatures, while others can reach high temperatures. Make sure you pick a grill that has a wide temperature range so you can use it for both smoking and grilling.
Wood Pellet Grill comes in a variety of sizes, so make sure you pick one that’s the right size for your needs. If you only plan on using it for tailgating or camping, then you don’t need a large grill, but if you plan on using it for backyard parties, then you’ll need something bigger.
Ease of Use
A lot of people don’t like pellet smokers because they require a lot of maintenance and adjustment. However, this isn’t true for all pellet grills. The most expensive ones come with stainless steel burners that make it easier to adjust the temperature, while others come with drip pans that make it easier to clean the Wood Pellet Grill. Make sure you pick a grill that’s easy to use so you don’t have to spend a lot of time adjusting it.
Many Wood Pellet Grills come with digital controllers that allow you to set the temperature and the grill will automatically adjust itself. This is a great feature because it means you don’t have to worry about constantly adjusting the temperature.
If you’re going to be using your Wood Pellet Grill a lot, then it’s important that it has good construction. The best pellet grills are made from the highest quality materials like 304 stainless steel and cast iron, which prevents rusting and warping. You should also always choose a grill that has exterior welds instead of interior welds because they don’t wear down as quickly.
Tips for using your Wood Pellet Grill
Now that you’ve bought your new wood pellet grill, it’s time to start using it! Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Start by reading the owner’s manual. This will give you a better understanding of how the grill works and how to use it properly.
- Don’t overload the grill. If you try to cook too much food at once, it will not cook evenly and will be difficult to manage.
- Use the right kind of pellets for the type of food you’re cooking. For example, if you’re cooking chicken, use poultry pellets; if you’re cooking beef, use beef pellets.
- Make sure the grill is preheated before adding food. This will help ensure that your food cooks evenly.
- Don’t open the grill lid too often. Every time you open the lid, heat escapes and it takes a while for the grill to heat back up to cooking temperature.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure your food is cooked evenly. Don’t rely on sight or taste to determine whether your food is done, because pellet grills can produce different flavors depending on the type of wood used.
- Clean the grill regularly. This will help keep it in good condition and prevent rusting.
- Store the pellets in a cool, dry place. If they get wet, they will start to mold.
- With these tips in mind, you’re ready to start using your new wood pellet grill. Enjoy cooking all your favorite foods on this amazing piece of equipment.
Wood pellet grills are a great way to cook food outdoors. They’re versatile and easy to use, and they come in a variety of sizes so you can find one that’s perfect for your needs. Make sure you pick a grill that’s made from high-quality materials and has a digital controller so you can set the temperature easily. Clean it regularly and store the pellets in a cool dry place, and you’ll be able to use your grill for years without any problems.
A wood pellet grill is an excellent way to cook delicious meals with minimal effort. The best models are easy to use, durable, and designed for year-round grilling in any weather condition. We’ve tested the 8 most popular options on the market today so you can find your perfect match without wasting time or money. Buy now the best products we have shared above for a great experience.