Propane griddles are a great option for people who want to cook breakfast, lunch, or dinner outside. The propane provides the heat and cooks the food evenly.
If you’re in the market for a new propane griddle, look no further. We’ve compiled the 14 best models to help you find your perfect match. Also included is an informative buying guide and expert reviews to help you make the right decision. Let’s get started.
- 1 List of 14 Best Propane Griddle Reviews
- 1.1 1. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Propane Griddle
- 1.2 2. Flat Top Gas Propane Griddle 2 Burner Propane Fuelled Rear Grease
- 1.3 3. Royal Gourmet GB4001 Propane Griddle
- 1.4 4. PIT BOSS PB336GS 2 Burner Propane Griddle
- 1.5 5. Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch Propane Griddle
- 1.6 6. Royal Gourmet GB4001B 4-Burner Propane Griddle
- 1.7 7. Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Griddle
- 1.8 8. Royal Gourmet GB4000F 36-Inch Flat 4-Burner Propane Griddle
- 1.9 9. Blackstone 22″ Tabletop Propane Griddle
- 1.10 10. Roll over image to zoom in Country Smokers Propane Griddle
- 1.11 11. Blackstone 36″ Cooking Station 4 Burner Propane Griddle
- 1.12 12. Razor Griddle GGC1643M 37 Inch Outdoor Steel 4 Burner Propane
- 1.13 13. U-MAX 4-Burner Portable Propane Griddle
- 1.14 14. Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner BBQ Propane Griddle
- 2 Tips and guide to buying the best Propane Griddle
- 3 FAQs about using a Propane Griddle
- 4 Conclusion for Propane Griddle
List of 14 Best Propane Griddle Reviews
1. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Propane Griddle
- Here at Royal Gourmet, we’re committed to providing the best in portable griddles. This tabletop grill is perfect for small events like camping and tailgating, especially when propane tanks are readily available.
- With three separate heating zones running off of a 20 lb. tank, our PD1301S provides an impressive 25,500 BTUs cooking power while still retaining great portability since it can be assembled quickly with just one person.
- We also proudly designed this beauty with additional features that don’t go unnoticed: it’s got three separately controlled burners offering up to 15 burgers per hour. The optional removable griddle top slides out for easy cleaning after use. Finally, it comes equipped with a slide-out grease cup underneath for removing unwanted oil.
2. Flat Top Gas Propane Griddle 2 Burner Propane Fuelled Rear Grease
- Bring out your creative culinary side with the largest propane-fueled griddle. We know you love to cook and grill with fresh ingredients, develop great recipes for tailgating, backyard BBQs or just cooking in general.
- With our 2 burners capacity of 470 sq in of flat top grilling space that includes a stainless steel trimming rail, this was made for people like you who love putting things on their plate others will never forget about.
- Only takes minutes to assemble and the transport is easy. Use it year-round at home or when catering to a wide variety of events.
- You’ll get ultimate satisfaction with the convenience of having your best friend right there by your side when what’s on your plate keeps people talking back seats away.
3. Royal Gourmet GB4001 Propane Griddle
- Take your cooking to another level with this Griddle. Ready for anything, it can serve large crowds and still provide quality results every time.
- With its smooth surface made of pre-treated stainless steel, food slides easily onto the griddle, where you can cook up an abundance of brunch items or post-dinner desserts without any effort at all.
- The generous size means that this product is perfect for frittatas, eggs benedict platers, seafood baguettes – really everything in between.
- By evenly distributing heat over a standard 36″x22″ space (785 sq ft), you will enjoy optimum levels of flavor with minimal setup hassle. It’s got side handles that make lifting the heavy machinery out of the way when not in use easy enough.
4. PIT BOSS PB336GS 2 Burner Propane Griddle
- Bring the flavors of your favorite restaurant home with the Pit Boss 336GS 2-Burner Propane Griddle. This griddle allows you to cook on 289 square inches for perfect portions.
- Each burner has a push and turns ignition that is easy to use, while two separately controlled burners allow you to work on your dish from either side.
- The non-slip legs keep it elevated while standing and the 4 x 7 mm top cooks evenly so there are no hot spots in one small section.
- Large enough for outdoor dining yet portable, this appliance will have food simmering while guests gossip comfortably at their table indoors or out.
- Perfect for tailgating before a game or making yourself dinner after a long day at work, this portable Pit boss griddle.
5. Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch Propane Griddle
- The 36 inch Royal Gourmet GB4000 propane griddle is a spacious cooker for all of your cooking needs.
- Constructed from durable stainless steel, this grill has 4 independently controlled burners with 13, 000 BTUs each and 52, 000 combined BTU power to get your food cooking quickly – so quickly that 4 cooks can work at once on the line.
- This pro-style griddle has a high gloss ceramic-coated surface for easy cleanup and care. The granite stone hood makes any chef feel like a pro in the kitchen.
- Your culinary creativity will reach new heights when you have this well-crafted machine helping out in the kitchen.
6. Royal Gourmet GB4001B 4-Burner Propane Griddle
- The Royal Gourmet GB4000 from Royal Catering is a 36-inch propane griddle that has four 13,000 BTU stainless steel burners for a total of 52,000 BTUs.
- It’s made with a durable stainless steel control panel and cooking surface over 4.5 mm thickness with an electronic ignition system to make the oven easy to use.
- Included is a detachable grease cup which has a large capacity for quick clean up, as well as four heavy-duty casters and locks that allow you to move the appliance easily between job sites locations without damaging your floor or doorway.
- There are also two tables on either side of the griddle that fold down from the apparatus so cooks have plenty of space on both sides when cooking large dishes.
7. Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Griddle
- The Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Griddle is a powerful, high-quality cooking machine with two individual cooking zones.
- It’s the perfect tool for barbecuing or grilling outdoors and can also be easily moved indoors to become your oven at home.
- This versatile machine has an auto-ignition system that comes with four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel.
- The Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Griddle’s side tables provide ample space for food preparation; you won’t have to worry about spilling anything on your outdoor floor or countertop again, literally.
- Even better, this product folds down its legs for compact storage. Outdoor fun just got even easier with this well-built machine
8. Royal Gourmet GB4000F 36-Inch Flat 4-Burner Propane Griddle
- The 36-inch Royal Gourmet GB4000F 4 Burner Flat Top Grill is perfect for cooking fantastic sandwiches, pizzas, burgers, and even pancakes. You may be thinking that it’s too big for your personal feed.
- Think again– each burner of this powerful machine can independently cook up to 13 thousand BTUs (52 thousand total) which means your meal will not only taste great but come out evenly cooked with an excellent char.
- That was just speaking about the surface of this grill, on the sides, there are two collapsible shelves so any smoky foods can rest without being bothered by aromas from more delicate dishes.
- This product also comes with a durable electronic ignition system mounted on the control panel as well as 7 gauge steel pre-season.
9. Blackstone 22″ Tabletop Propane Griddle
- The Blackstone 22″ Tabletop Propane Griddle is all you need for a busy kitchen. With 24, 000 BTUs of Heat from Two H-style Burners and 339 sq. in. Heavy-Duty Cooking Surface, this griddle can cook 2 large pancakes or 3 bacon slices at the same time.
- That’s right, no more wasted time flipping between dishes to make breakfast on Sunday! The Cold-Rolled Steel Griddle Top allows for quick breakfasts and the Adjustable Heat Controls allow you to set your cooking temperature to perfection with minimal effort.
- These features are impeccably engineered into every detail, making sure that viewing customers will not be disappointed by anything they see on your table – except for empty griddles.
10. Roll over image to zoom in Country Smokers Propane Griddle
- If you love to do things outdoors or if you find yourself cooking with propane more often than not, this is the perfect item for you. The product is lightweight and spacious enough to cook small meals for families, traveling families are also encouraged to purchase it.
- It can be used in any major camping ground instead of renting their griddles when on vacation.
- With its 22000 BTU per hour heat output, it has very little heat lost in harsh winds or cold temperatures that would make it less slippery on the hands while cooking, especially in the wintertime.
- Protective covers help maintain heat in bad weather which means faster cooking times at all times of year no matter what your location may hold within its borders.
11. Blackstone 36″ Cooking Station 4 Burner Propane Griddle
- With Blackstone’s new and improved side shelf giving.720sq inches of flat top grilling, this grill includes an easy start push-button ignition in a professional kitchen set for your commercial kitchen needs in foodservice and cooking at home stainless steel is heat resistant, resists odors/stains, dishwasher safe making clean up faster
- 4 burner propane skillet with 8″ wide cooking area equipped universally with usable handles on either end – both ends raised off the countertop to avoid spills when tilting.
12. Razor Griddle GGC1643M 37 Inch Outdoor Steel 4 Burner Propane
- With up to 4 simultaneous burners, this 37-inch kitchen equipment is perfect for outdoor cookouts.
- It’s also perfect for making breakfast catering in less time. From eggs and bacon to burgers, have all your food ready in no time with the easy push of a button ignition function that heats up quickly for even cooking results.
- Ready to eat in minutes, whether it be burgers or omelet stations, our Griddle has something for everyone.
13. U-MAX 4-Burner Portable Propane Griddle
- Make the most of your patio space with this outdoor cooking behemoth, complete with four heavy-duty casters.
- With 564sq. inches of grilling area you’ll have plenty of room for cooking up hamburgers, grilled chicken breasts, and thick-cut bacon strips all at once.
- This grill is engineered to last. Manufactured from chrome coated steel which has heat and corrosion resistance, it features folding legs so you can easily transport your U-MAX Grill to different destinations.
- Each burner has individual adjustments so you have the perfect temperature every time. And since the whole thing runs on standard size propane tanks (not included), there’s never a shortage of fuel supply.
14. Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner BBQ Propane Griddle
- 8 stainless steel tube burners with 13,000 BTU each, total 104,000 BTU cooking power.
- The supporting gas system includes 2 sets of regulators for stable and efficient performance and a durable grinding cast iron cooking ring that will not degrade under extended use.
- The 29” x 47” cooking surface offers a 1/4-inch diameter porcelain wire grate to grill more than 60 burgers or 120 hot dogs at once. This griddle is designed to feature an integrated folding windscreen to protect the users from such hazards as paint peeling while getting hot.
- A durable stainless steel control panel with big knobs makes for elegant coordination between the user interface and the powerful 13000 BTU burners. Multiple features including an electronic ignition system offer a reliable.
Tips and guide to buying the best Propane Griddle
A variety of Burners and Cooking Spaces
The best griddle should have variable cooking options. You may need to change the temperature depending on what’s being cooked. The simplest griddles only have one burner which is nothing more than a straight line of flame.
Don’t be fooled by how it looks! These actually have the widest range of temperatures for their burners. If you’re cooking eggs, you probably don’t want to use the highest setting.
Even Distribution of Heat
The best way to determine how evenly distributed the heat is; place your hand an inch or two above each burner (the distance varies depending on what type of griddle you choose) and turn the heat on to medium. If it feels too hot in one spot, but lukewarm in another – it means that there is a hot spot. In general, this is not an issue with griddles since you can control where the food goes. However, if you’re searing something like steak, then this might be a problem for you.
A well-made tabletop grill should have even heat distribution all over the cooking surface when set to the same temperature level. This ensures even cooking throughout no matter what you put on it!
Materials Your Propane Griddle Is Made Of
One of the most important aspects of choosing your griddle is going to be what materials they are made from because each will have its own strengths and weaknesses. Generally, you’ll want to choose the one that has the highest grade of materials for each section – because this means it’s more durable and will last longer.
BTUs of Griddle
The higher the BTU rating, the more powerful it is. If you’re cooking on a small griddle, then this isn’t going to matter too much – but if you have a large grill, then it’s definitely something that you should keep in mind. You don’t want your food being burned or charred because of insufficient heat! On average, underwriters laboratories (UL) recommends between 15000-50000 BTU burners which are enough for most family-sized griddles.
If you are choosing propane vs electric there are some definite pros and cons to consider. For example, electric grills are generally better at holding their temperature while gas-powered ones tend not to hold up very well. However, with electricity comes the need for a source of power which can be inconvenient in some cases. If you don’t plan on moving it around much, then gas is definitely the way to go.
Structure of Propane Griddle
The best propane griddle should be able to stand up well and not wobble when in use – especially if it’s a commercial one. This means that the legs need to be sturdy and thick enough so that they don’t bend or warp when weights are put on top of them. If you’re using it at home, then something with three short legs will suffice since this creates less stress on the unit.
If you plan on using it for many years, make sure you buy one with an aluminum plate because this is by far the most flexible and high-quality option out there right now. The only drawback is that the lowest maintenance and highest durability often come hand in hand with a higher price tag which can deter some people from buying them.
Since it’s the part that holds your food, you need to choose one with a non-stick surface so that nothing gets stuck or burns on the griddle. This is especially useful if you’re cooking eggs because then you can just lift it right off rather than trying to scrape pieces onto the plate! The price of non-stick surfaces varies quite drastically but generally speaking, more expensive doesn’t mean better quality. However, if you plan on using oils or butter frequently, then make sure to get something that won’t break down over time which means spending a little extra money now will pay itself off in the future.
Quality of Propane Griddle
The best propane griddle is one that doesn’t warp as it heats as this will affect the quality of your food. If you buy a low-quality grill, then you might see your meat sticking to the surface, making it difficult to remove and place elsewhere on the unit without tearing or creating holes. This reduces cooking efficiency and makes flipping things like burgers much harder than need be!
Most commercial and family-sized grills should come with a temperature gauge which makes it easy to determine how hot you’re cooking at any given time. You don’t want something that has too high of a range because then certain foods might burn, but if it’s not high enough – then some meats won’t cook properly! It’s all about finding that sweet spot so that you can get the best grilling experience possible.
Price of Propane Griddle
Propane-powered grills are definitely more expensive than electric ones but have many benefits to them as well. For example, commercial models are usually easier to clean because grease won’t get stuck in any holes or crevices which could cause fires or other accidents down the road. Additionally, they tend to heat up faster and stay hot longer – keeping your food cooking longer without having to turn it up as high as you would on an electric grill!
If you’re not too worried about price and just want a grill for home use then buying one with a larger surface area will help justify the cost since you’ll be able to cook more at once without having to worry about your food being cramped or not properly cooked.
Safety of Propane Griddle
Be wary of cheap propane griddles since higher-quality ones are made with safety in mind. This means using materials that will not melt onto the surface when they get too hot, which could have dangerous consequences both for you and anyone else in the area! Additionally, it’s usually a good sign if there are multiple controls so that someone can help cook while another person is putting away groceries or doing something else entirely around the house.
The best propane griddle should come with all sorts of protection to keep you safe from any damage or accidents that might happen. If you’re looking at buying one online then check out what other people are saying about it for additional safety precautions. For example, some grills come with low-quality electrical components which need replacing after a few months of use – don’t end up buying one of these if you see that others are having this same problem!
Additionally, make sure that you’re always using the propane tank that comes with it, or else your grill might become dangerous to have around or even worse – explode! Finally, read all instructions carefully so you know how to defend yourself against any issues that might arise.
FAQs about using a Propane Griddle
What is a Propane Griddle?
A propane grill is like any other: you use it to cook your food! However, unlike traditional grills which use coal or wood as fuel for cooking this option uses propane tanks instead. This means that there’s much less hassle involved, especially if you don’t want the smoke from coal or wood getting onto your clothes and furniture near where it’s placed.
Do I need to buy a propane tank along with the griddle?
No, it should come with one. However, make sure you dispose of it correctly as this is illegal in some areas and will lead to severe fines if caught. Always check your local laws before buying something like this!
What should I look for when buying a grill?
Make sure that the cooking surface is large enough to accommodate all of your food at once – wasting time waiting for things to cook or having other items get cold because they’re not touching the hot plate underneath is no fun! Additionally, consider other things such as how much power it has, what safety precautions are included by default, and so on.
How do I clean my Propane Griddle?
Some manual models have removable griddles which are easier to clean because there aren’t any electrical parts that might get in the way when you’re wiping it down. Besides doing this, make sure that you never use high heat cleaners or other dangerous chemicals by following the instructions on the label!
What are some common issues with using a Propane Griddle?
One of the most common issues is having something melt onto your grill after prolonged exposure – meaning you’ll need to either buy a new one or replace whatever was affected by burning up. Additionally, poorly made grills might not come with proper ventilation systems in place which means they can catch fire if left on for too long! Make sure to stay safe if you’re going to try using one of these by following all instructions and being very careful when it comes to cooking.
Conclusion for Propane Griddle
In the end, propane griddles are an excellent choice for people who want something that’s easy to use and doesn’t require more than a few minutes of preparation! Just remember to always pick good quality grills – there’s nothing worse than having your food taste burnt because one part didn’t cook properly due to low-quality components or controls.
Finally, make sure you remember all of the safety precautions by following everything on the label and not doing anything else. Many cheap models might come with electrical issues which can be incredibly dangerous if left unrepaired but will cost far less than buying a high-end version from professional chefs or experts in this field.
If you are in the market for a griddle, we hope that our reviews have helped to narrow down your search. We’ve shared 14 of the best models available on the market today and included detailed information about each one so that you can make an informed decision before buying.
To help you find what will be most suitable for your needs, we also provided features like size and material type as well as price ranges which should give you a good idea of where they fall within this spectrum. So don’t wait for any longer-shop now to get access to some of the best products around at prices guaranteed cheaper than anywhere else.