Camping Griddles are a fantastic thing to have while swimming, such as camping cooking pots and pans. There is an entire bunch of different camp griddle options available that you can select from. Below I’ve listed my top picks for the best ones on Amazon with reviews too- just scroll down if this sounds like something worth looking into.
Camping griddles are a great way to cook delicious food on the go. They’re perfect for tailgating, backyard barbecues, or car camping trips where you want your meal taste without all of the hassle associated with charcoal cooking! Look here at our selection the best campers need durable equipment that won’t break down when there isn’t an open flame nearby.
We’ve got lightweight aluminum models so they’re easy enough just setting up shop anywhere around the site. If weight matters most then take note these babies can tip over pretty easily unless supported properly by something solid like a tree stump/rock.
The next time you go camping, make sure to pack an excellent grill. With these top recommended griddles for campers in mind – we hope that loading up and bringing food into your tent will be easy.
List of 15 Best Camping Griddles Reviews
1. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Camping Griddle
- The Royal Gourmet PD1301S tabletop grill is the perfect way to easily and quickly cook your food. You avoid complex assembly before cooking with one push of an integrated piezo igniter that you can adjust between low and high temperatures as desired.
- The 3 separately controlled burners offer an overall 25,500 BTUs cooking power so your meat cooks evenly and thoroughly every time.
- With a removable slide-out grease cup making cleanup super easy after each use, this griddle top will conveniently fit all your grilling needs without you even having to worry about it.
2. Blackstone 22″ Camping Griddle
- The Blackstone Camping Griddle is a real outdoor man’s way to cook, powerful and powerful.
- With 24,000 BTUs of heat from two H-style burners that mean that griddles can be prepped ahead without deteriorating or cooling down with 339 sq. inches of cooking surface with iron handles on one side for easy movement around campfires or tableside.
- Cold-rolled steel ensures thorough cooking by maximizing the amount of heat input at the heating element level while cutting out any risk of corrosion due to repeated contact with condensation.
3. PIT BOSS PB336GS Camping Griddle
- The PIT BOSS PB336GS griddle is your new all-in-one camping tool, whether you are cooking hamburgers and hot dogs over the fire or simply boiling water for coffee.
- The oven can accommodate 289 square inches of food at a time, giving you four times as much space to cook with as lesser products.
- It still folds down into compact storage size for convenient transportation that’s dishwasher safe. Unlike many griddles on the market, ours comes pre-seasoned so you only need to wipe it dry after each use.
4. Blackstone 1813 Camping Griddle
- The Blackstone stainless steel outdoor griddle is what you need for breakfast in the woods. Whether it be entertaining guests, fulfilling your lifelong dream to cook over a campfire. This convenient way to cook delicious food makes anything seem possible.
- If you are hosting a get-to-gather by the patio, our stovetop griddle has got your covered. You can cook 12 burgers or 9 steaks and 12 pancakes at once on this spacious 22″ (339 sq inch) surface.
- With its large size and versatility, it can handle all your outdoor cooking needs with ease – from burgers to kettle bbqs. But don’t worry about cleaning up afterward as this bad boy has an integrated grease catcher so you won’t have any cleanup work on hand when done grilling outdoors.
- The heavy-duty griddle is equipped with a hood that traps the heat and speeds up cooking process. The hood also works to keep the pan clean between uses, protecting it from elements while in use- which means you can have delicious food without having dirty dishes.
- The flat griddle features two “H” style burners that produce 24,000 BTUs of heat and an upper surface to prevent hotspots or cold spots. The intensity is adjustable with knobs for more precise control over overcooking your food the way you like it.
5. Royal Gourmet PD1202R Camping Griddle
- The 18-inch porcelain-enameled cooking surface on the tabletop grill is perfect for large groups of people. It can cook 8 patties at once and includes a 221 sq inch space measuring over 4000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The beautiful, sleek design of this stove will make you the most desired chef in your neighborhood. The powerful 12000-BTU burner brings out flavor and preferences with precision so that all can enjoy a perfect meal.
- The stainless steel grease tray is easy to clean and can be removed from the bottom of your appliance for easier cleaning. The durable materials also make it a great choice if you have children around.
- This tabletop grill is perfect for any outdoor cooking event. The sturdy feet and portable design make it easy to take with you on your next camping trip or tailgating party.
6. Blackstone 1924 Camping Griddle
- The camping griddle features a hardcover that protects it from elements while not in use. The two side shelves double as worktops to dice vegetables or rest your spatulas when you are flipping pancakes, and the handy carrying handle makes transport easier than ever before.
- The gas grill griddle has two “H” style burners that heat up the entire surface of this cooking surface super-fast and provide even heating, so placing food anywhere will always cook at optimum temperature.
- The extra-large 28 inches (524 In2) surface is perfect for making meals that can feed multiple people at once. Its large size will accommodate your need when cooking breakfast or lunch in the morning, and also make sure you don’t run out of space with all those yummy goodies.
- If you’re looking for a way to make clean-up easy, look no further than our flat top griddle. The drip tray catches all the bacon grease and makes your cooking experience less messy.
7. Blackstone 1517 Camping Griddle
- The perfect griddle for the home cook – this four-inch wide surface is capable of cooking up all your favorite breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. It has a bottom shelf with two side shelves that are great when storage space is tight limits but still need to prep food items like teppanyaki style foods or pancakes from morning until they’re cooked by noon.
- The Blackstone 38″ Griddle replaces your old grill with a battery-powered push-button ignition. This easy-to-use, simple design makes outdoor cooking quick and hassle-free. With no more kerosene or matches needed for the barbecue of today’s dreams come true. Enjoy grilling all day long without dealing with those messes anymore.
- The Camp Chef EX72D folds up into a neat package that can be wheeled around your yard or transported from the backyard to any campsite with ease. Thanks to its removable griddle top, foldable legs and two wheels this outdoor kitchen is built for versatility.
8. Royal Gourmet GB4000F Camping Griddle
- This is the griddle that has got you covered. With a whopping 52,000 BTU of cooking power and 4 independently controlled stainless steel tube burners, you’ll be cooking up flapjacks like an octopus on top of an island.
- And with its 748 square inches, this grill caters for large events – there’s even enough space to lay out all your delicate hollandaise sauce without smudging it between each plate for presentation purposes.
- Easy cleanup doesn’t get any easier either, a grease management system will keep everything cleansed before surly roaming hordes appear at your doorstep because their services are needed once again (terrible fate).
9. Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch Camping Griddle
- The Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch Camping Griddle is a high-powered and easy-to-use griddle, perfect for any occasion.
- It offers an efficient grease management system that makes cleanup quick and effortless so you can spend less time cooking and more time with the people who matter the most.
- This grill also comes equipped with an electronic ignition system, so there’s no need for matches or lighters thanks to reliable sparks every time.
- The castor wheels are great for transportation but it also includes brakes so you can quickly take down or store your griddle without any fuss. Make your next cookout something to remember with this dependable high-powered camping-style gridded beauty.
10. Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner Camping Griddle
- The unmatched power and precision of the Camp Chef Outdoor Firebox make it a popular choice for cooking. With 8 stainless steel tube burners with 13,000 BTU each total 104K in the cooking potential, this outdoor range will have all your needs covered from appetizers to desserts.
- This grill will take care of your appetite. The 950 square inch cooking surface with 1/4″ diameter porcelain wire grates can cook more than 60 burgers or 120 hot dogs at once, and the integrated folding windscreen protects it from the rain so you don’t have to stop enjoying food preparation for too long.
- The updated GB 8000 II design offers a professional, yet cool output tone of voice. This product is durable and reliable with its stainless steel control panel that’s big for your hands or eyes to see while getting hot in the process.
- These heavy-duty aluminum surface side tables provide additional workspace, stable while setting 25 LBS stuff. A large capacity grease collection underneath the firebox helps you grill longer without worrying about spilling food on yourself.
11. Country Smokers CSGDL0370 Camping Griddle
- The Country Smokers CSGDL0370 is a great griddle that can be used anywhere. Use it at home or on your travels with its protective burner covers and collapsible legs. Its portable design gets the power of 22,000 BTU cooking going quickly so you’re ready to cook in no time.
- A protected cooking surface (373 square inches) gets as many as five people fed and the pre-seasoned steel means your new camping sidekick starts eating tasty meals right away.
- You’ll be happy you grabbed this country smoker griddle for those outdoor parties growing up summer campouts.
12. Blackstone 1853 Camping Griddle
- This Griddle comes with a side shelf for storing food and utensils, as well as removable legs that make it easy to wheel around your yard or take on camping trips. The top can be easily folded up when not in use so you won’t accidentally bang into something while carrying the whole thing.
- The black powder-coated steel frame of this griddle provides a durable and stylish design that is perfect for any kitchen. The 470sq inch cooking surface can be used to cook breakfast foods such as eggs, pancakes or quesadillas; lunch items like teppanyaki-style meats and vegetables; dinner dishes including flat topside steak & potatoes, all the way down to homemade grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Introducing the newest way to cook outdoors with this battery-powered push-button ignition grill. With an easy start, you won’t be spending more time on your next camping trip trying and worrying about starting fires.
13. Lavo Home Camping Griddle
- The solid cast iron 2 burner stove can be used with cookware to meet different cooking needs. Great for boating, camping, or tailgating, and the stand is attached so you’ll never have trouble transporting it anywhere.
- Your gas grill will never be the same with a high-quality cast iron burner and stand from this brand. It’s perfect for an even cooking surface so you can easily cook everything on your menu, no matter how large or small it may be.
- The Upright side handles and folding legs on the flat top plancha comal griddle make it easy to move. This versatile and efficient gas stove features a maximum output of 150k BTU, which can easily cook steaks, kebabs, or burgers to perfection. The front control knobs let you regulate the heat level for any dish that requires searing over an intense source of flame such as pancakes on your morning run.
14. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Camping Griddle
- Are you looking for an investment? The Royal Gourmet PD1300 Camping Griddle is the perfect alternative to owning a new RV. This griddle uses gas, so campers can get their hot dogs grilled without burning wrappers in any way.
- Don’t worry about cooking space either! With 316 square inches of space, this unit has enough room to cook 15 hamburgers at one time or even more.
- It’s lightweight and small in size, but with high power that will have your stovetop heated in just 5 minutes flat.
- Throw it out when camping season is over when all you want are autumn leaves and not cleanup tasks. Make your life easier when you invest in our premium food prep system today.
15. Blackstone 1883 Camping Griddle
- The propane grill features a hood to protect the griddle surface from rain and sun, eliminating splatters. Side shelves can hold diced veggies or season your burger patties for you while cooking on this durable device.
- This large 28-inch gas grill griddle allows you to cook for multiple people at once. This makes big batch cooking easier and quicker by allowing the user to make more than one dish with just one pan.
- The sleek and stylish design of this Outdoor folding griddle will be the perfect addition to your backyard cooking area. Not only does it come with metal construction that ensures durability but also contributes towards the excellent distribution of heat which can’t be matched by any other product on today’s market – guaranteed.
- You don’t need to worry about clean up after cooking with our flat top Camping Griddle. The drip tray catches all the mess and makes it easy for you to wipe down your spatula, making clean up stress-free.
Tips and guide to buying the best Camping Griddle
I love camping, but I’m not crazy about eating food that’s been sitting out for hours. There are just so many options available before you finally have to head back into your tent- even though freshly grilled meat will always be best.
And if it comes down to getting an off-grid grill? Make sure there are several variables considered first because this decision can easily turn into an investment of hundreds or thousands depending on what kind of gas stovetop(s) are desired:
Fuel Type of Camping Griddle
The first thing that needs to be considered with camping griddles is the type of fuel it will use. Two options are available:
Gas: This is what I typically go for because this allows you to cook food faster and cleaner. Just make sure propane tanks and hoses- not butane canisters or other canisters!- are allowed on the campsite.
Electric: This option is great for those who are going to a primitive campground or one that only has electricity during certain times- usually early morning and evening.
Camping Griddle Size
This will most likely differ from family to family, but it’s important to think about what size is the best. I’m a pretty big fan of 12 inches as it seems to be just the right size for most people, but you should try and do your research before purchasing.
The thickness of a Griddle is also important because if it’s too thin food won’t cook well- look for at least ½ inch so this doesn’t happen.
Camping Griddle Accessories
This is probably the most important part of a griddle because these accessories will determine how much cooking you can do. Most camping griddles have one or two burners, but it’s always best to look for more so food can cook faster and more evenly. Just make sure gas is allowed on the campsite before making a purchase.
Other accessories to consider for Camping Griddle include:
Trivets: These will ensure that your food won’t burn and will also allow you to put all sorts of things on top, such as vegetables and other foods.
Side Shelves: This is an awesome accessory because it will make cooking much easier- there really isn’t a downside to this.
A lid is also important because it will make cooking much easier and allow meat to cook from all sides- the last thing you want is food that’s not cooked well, or too overcooked.
This will depend on your needs, but I usually go for at least 1.5 kW so I know my food will be cooked quickly. If you want to cook larger items or different items than what can be placed on the griddle, look for more power- because if it’s too low than it won’t even cook the smaller things.
Camping Griddle Cleaning
Cleanup is a joke with most camping griddles, but it’s important to make sure the food doesn’t get stuck when cooking. I always use a piece of aluminum foil on top of whatever I’m cooking when using mine just to be safe- this is also where accessories come in!
It’s best to purchase a small grate brush- or something with a similar design- to make sure the griddle is fully cleaned.
Construction & Material Quality
Heavy-duty griddles are the way to go for several reasons, but mainly because it will last much longer. This is important because if a camping griddle isn’t made well then food can easily get stuck and that’s never good- especially when you’re eating while camping.
Features & Design
Looks don’t really matter when picking a camping griddle, but they’re still an important aspect of the purchase. Most modern griddles come with two burners and side shelves which are very useful, but if you can find one that has more then it will make cooking even easier (and faster!).
Tips for Using your Camping Griddle
- A griddle shouldn’t be used for heating the entire tent, but it can help when cooking.
- Make sure to clean your griddle with a small grate brush after every use.
- When using aluminum foil, make sure not to cover all of the grates because the food will get stuck when placed directly on top. Instead, put the foil around the edges so food doesn’t have direct contact with the cooking surface.
- If you’re using a stovetop then place your griddle on top to elevate it higher while cooking, this will ensure that fat and oils drain off while cooking.
FAQs about a Camping Griddle
What are the best size griddles for cooking?
The best sizes will vary by family, but typically 12 inches is a safe bet because it’s perfect for most families.
What are the benefits of using a side shelf when camping?
Using a side shelf when camping will make cooking much easier and help disperse heat more evenly- not to mention it will make cleaning much easier.
What are some accessories that I should consider?
A griddle trivet is essential for keeping your food from burning while cooking, but the side shelf accessory is definitely one of the most useful things you can have when camping!
How do I clean my griddle?
I always recommend using a small grate brush to clean the grates when they are still warm because this will make it much easier, but be sure not to scratch them by scrubbing too hard.
Are camping griddles meant for cooking only?
No, they can also help keep your tent warm in case you’re in an extremely cold location.
Conclusion for the Best Camping Griddle
Camping griddles make outdoor cooking more enjoyable. From backpacking to backyard camping, a reliable and easy-to-use camp stove is an essential piece of equipment for any camper or backpacker. We’ve compiled this list of the 15 best camping griddles that will help you find the right one for your needs.
For those who like variety in their cooking experience, we also recommend checking out these top 15 Camping Griddles as well. Now it’s time to grab your favorite grill utensils and head outside with some friends; after all, summer isn’t over yet. Buy now the best products we have shared above for a great experience.
Janie Davies is a chef with many years of experience, she started her career in 2005. As a result, she has an extremely extensive knowledge of the culinary field and kitchen equipment. She is currently the author and editor of Food 4 Kitchen.