When you are planning an enjoyable road trip with friends or family, no matter how great the experience is going to be it’ll never compare if there isn’t food involved. Next time you think about visiting that new place consider bringing along one of these Coleman gas grills. They’re easy enough for anyone in the group to use and will make memories worth talking about long after everyone has forgotten where their hotel was located.
If you’re looking for a grill that’s easy to use and clean then you might want to consider a Coleman gas grill. They are very durable, affordable, and come in various sizes so finding one that fits your needs shouldn’t be difficult. To help make the decision easier we’ve created an easy guide to buying one of these great grills.
List of 9 Best Coleman Gas Grills Reviews
1. Coleman Gas Grill, 2 Burner, 4.1 x 21.9 x 13.7 Inches
- The Coleman Gas Grill is a great choice for anyone who wants to be able to grill food with precision and control. With up to 20,000 total BTUs of cooking power, this grill can handle anything you want to cook on it. The two adjustable burners give you precise temperature control, while the wind-blocking panels shield the burners from wind interference.
- The pressure regulator ensures that your food will come out perfectly every time, even in extreme weather conditions. And with up to 1 hour of runtime on a single 16.4 oz propane cylinder (sold separately), this grill lets you cook whatever you want, whenever you want.
2. Coleman Gas Grill Triton Propane Stove, 2 Burner
- Looking for a powerful and durable gas grill? Look no further than the Coleman Gas Grill Triton Propane Stove. This five-burner stove can generate up to 22,000 BTUs of cooking power, making it perfect for everything from burgers to chicken.
- The wind-blocking panels help shield the burners from the wind, while the pressure regulator ensures consistent performance even in extreme conditions. Plus, the chrome-plated grate and rust-resistant aluminum cooktop make cleanup a breeze.
3. Coleman Gas Grill Triton+ Propane Stove, 2 Burner
- The Coleman Gas Grill Triton+ Propane Stove is a powerful cooking tool that features up to 22,000 total BTUs of heat. With two adjustable burners, you can easily control the temperature for precise cooking results.
- The wind-blocking panels help to shield the burners from wind and adjust for various pan sizes, while the pressure regulator ensures consistent performance even in extreme conditions. Plus, the chrome-plated grate and rust-resistant aluminum cooktop make it easy to clean.
4. Coleman Gas Grill Camping Stove
- The Coleman Gas Grill Camping Stove is the perfect cooking companion for your next outdoor adventure. This 4-in-1 stove features three inserts (stove, wok, and reversible griddle/grill) for multiple cooking options, and up to 7,000 total BTUs of cooking power.
- The portable design is easy to set up and transport, with removable legs and cooktop inserts that fit inside the inverted wok for easy storage. The water tray catches cooking grease, and the push-button ignition provides matchless lighting. The fuel required is 16.4 oz. propane cylinder (sold separately).
5. Coleman Gas Grill RoadTrip LX
- The Coleman Gas Grill RoadTrip LX is the perfect portable propane grill for tailgating, picnicking, and camping. With 20,000 BTUs of heat and two independently adjustable burners, this grill can handle whatever you throw at it.
- The Swaptop interchangeable cooktops let you switch out the grill grates for griddles or stove grates (sold separately), while the Perfect Flow technology provides consistent performance, even in extreme conditions. The collapsible stand folds up for compact storage, while the tabletop setup lets you use the grill without the stand.
6. Coleman Gas Grill 2 in 1 Grill/Stove, 2 Burner
- The Coleman Gas Grill 2 in 1 Grill/Stove is a must-have for any outdoor lover. This versatile grill can be used as both a grill and a stove, making it perfect for all sorts of cooking needs. With up to 20,000 total BTUs of cooking power, this grill can handle anything you throw at it.
- The Perfectheat technology ensures efficient cooking with less fuel, while the pressure regulator provides consistent performance no matter what the conditions are. And with two adjustable burners, you can easily control the temperature for precise cooking every time.
7. Coleman Gas Grill for Camping & Tailgating
- If you’re looking for a quality gas grill that is perfect for camping and tailgating, look no further than the Coleman Gas Grill. This grill features up to 11,000 total BTUs of cooking power, two adjustable burners, and a large grilling area of 225 sq. in.
- It also arrives fully assembled so you can start cooking right away, and it has push-button ignition for easy lighting. Plus, it runs on one 16.4 oz. propane cylinder (sold separately), making it perfect for on-the-go outdoor dining.
8. Coleman Gas Grill RoadTrip 225 Portable Stand-Up
- The Coleman Gas Grill RoadTrip 225 Portable Stand-Up is perfect for the grill master who wants the power to cook anywhere. This portable grill has 11,000 total BTUs of cooking power and comes with two adjustable burners, so you can easily control the temperature.
- The large grilling area offers 225 sq. in. of cooking space, and with sturdy quick-fold legs and wheels, it’s easy to set up and take down wherever you go. The push-button ignition makes lighting your grill a breeze, and it runs on one 16.4 oz. propane cylinder (sold separately). So get ready to take your grilling game on the road with the Coleman Gas Grill RoadTrip 225 Portable Stand-Up.
9. Coleman Gas Grill RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up
- The Coleman Gas Grill RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up is the perfect grill for your next outdoor adventure. With up to 20,000 total BTUs of grilling power, this grill has enough power to handle anything you can throw at it. The three adjustable burners allow for precise temperature control, while the large grilling area provides plenty of space to cook up a feast.
- Setup is easy with the sturdy quick-fold legs and wheels – just wheel it into position and you’re ready to go. The integrated thermometer allows you to monitor the temperature of your food with ease, and the push-button ignition makes starting the grill a breeze.
Tips and guide to buying the best Coleman Gas Grill
Ease of Use and Cleaning
How easy a Coleman Gas Grill is to use and clean largely depends on its size. If you’ve got a lot of room in your vehicle, or plan on towing one behind, then you’ll want to buy an upright model. They tend to be larger than their counterparts and because they don’t need any wheels can add quite a bit of storage space to your vehicle. Their bigger size also means that there’s more room for cooking which is important when considering how many people will be attending the trip.
Unassembled models are much easier to clean compared to purchased ones that come with extra parts like side tables and domed covers for warming food. If you’re interested in buying something that’s super-easy to take apart go for a portable version.
Number of Burners
If you’re looking for something that can cook all your food quickly then pick up one of Coleman’s gas grills with 3 burners. These are the most common and they’re easy to use because each burner comes with its own valve control. Even if you’re not very good at cooking it’ll be hard to mess things up too bad on these models. If you’ve got more than 3 people in your group, or plan on having leftovers for later, get one with 4 burners instead.
Clearance Behind Grill Grate
This is where thinking about how big the food you like to eat will help save some cash when buying this type of product. As mentioned before, upright grills are larger than their countertop counterparts so take a look at the depth of it. If you tend to grill thick steaks or a lot of vegetables that need to be put on skewers then get a Coleman gas grill with more clearance behind the grate. This will allow you to do this quickly and easily since there’s plenty of space for food preparation.
If you’re looking for something that’ll last for many years without rusting or giving everyone rashes from accidentally touching hot metal parts, get a stainless steel finish type of model. They use premium metals in their Coleman Gas Grills which make them resistant to things like corrosion and scratching. Another option is an enamel finish type which comes in a variety of colors.
The more people you expect to join in on your upcoming trip, the larger grill will need to be. This is because of how difficult it can be to cook enough food for 10 or more people on a small one.
Drip Pan Capacity
No matter if you’re planning an extended picnic, or just want something that’s easy to clean after use, get a model with a large drip pan capacity. This will help prevent any flare-ups that might occur due to grease overflowing since there’s plenty of space for all of it to go into. If this sounds like something your group does often then look for models with large solid trays too. These are easier to wash off than wire ones and they’ll keep the grease contained better as well.
If you’re trying to save space then consider getting an upright model that’s height adjustable. You can raise it up during the summer to let out some of the hot air, and lower it during winter for extra warmth.
Coleman Gas Grills are great because they’re highly portable so if this is something you want in your outdoor cooking equipment then look for one with a carry handle. Some have permanent legs which can be taken off which makes them even easier to move around since there’s no assembly required either. Others might feature foldable arms instead but both work well if mobility is important. Just keep in mind that you’ll need ample room in your vehicle or trailer before selecting these options though. They take up a lot more space than other types due to their upright design.
Size of Cooking Area
If you’re looking for a model that offers ample room for cooking then consider getting one with at least 320 square inches. This will be enough space to prepare large amounts of food for 10 or more people in an efficient manner. If you prefer having two separate areas for heating foods like meat and veggies, look into buying something with 160 square inches on each side instead. This quantity is also enough space to cook succulent meals quickly and easily without overcrowding the entire grill.
The larger the Coleman gas grill is, the less often it’ll need to be refueled during lengthy events. They burn through gas at a faster rate than other styles due to having larger grates and burners, so keep this in mind when buying.
FAQs about a Coleman Gas Grill
How do I replace the regulator and hose on a Coleman gas grill?
The regulator assembly can be replaced by turning off the propane from your tank, then removing the screws that connect it to the hose. Separate both parts, take off any excess dirt or rust, then attach a new hose and screw in a new regulator. Clean both components with a wire brush then replace the screws.
How often should I clean my Coleman gas grill?
You’ll want to clean it after each use to prevent rust from forming over time, and to remove any leftover food particles that might harm your health with regular exposure. Cleaning it is easy since all you have to do is wipe down the cooking surface and the drip pan with a wire brush or some steel wool. You can also clean its cover with warm, soapy water if needed.
How do I repair Coleman Gas Grill burners?
It’s possible to replace them yourself since they’re meant to be interchangeable by design. There are two of these located on the bottom of the grill, and to access them remove the cooking grate first. Turn off all propane tanks attached to the unit then unscrew the screws around its burners with a screwdriver or wrench. Take out both parts from beneath it carefully, set them on a table, and attach new ones in their place once you’re done cleaning them thoroughly.
How do I surface clean a Coleman gas grill?
It’s possible to wash its outside by using warm, soapy water on a sponge or cloth then letting it dry thoroughly before storing it away. This way you’ll prevent rust from forming over time and you won’t have to encounter dirty splotches on your outdoor equipment that can be unsightly.
How do I tell if my Coleman gas grill has propane?
If you’re not sure whether your grill is out of gas or still has some left in it, check the gauge on its tank instead of opening one up to find out. Its needle will move depending on how much fuel remains within, so just pay attention to this while cooking instead of disturbing its contents which can be harmful.
The most important aspect to consider when buying a Coleman gas grill is how much usable cooking area it provides. Get one with 320 square inches of space or more so you can feed up to 10 people with large portions in an efficient manner without the need to refuel too frequently. It’s also good to look for models with two separate heating zones if you want to prepare different types of food at once without overcrowding the entire grilling surface.
Always clean its cooking grate, burner, and grease pan after every use in order to prevent rust from forming, or leftover particles that might end up contacting your food later on if left inside its components. If grease accumulates on the bottom of the unit where the burner is located then it’ll end up combusting and causing a hazard. Grease is also unsightly, so clean it up after each use.
Finally, make sure that your Coleman gas grill is not out of propane before you attempt to start it for cooking, or else you’ll end up wasting gas or even burning yourself if the heat turns on without warning. Use the gauge on its tank to check how much fuel remains at all times instead of opening one up in case any excess pressure might be released by accident during filling which can ruin parts within.
We’ve shared our 9 favorite Coleman gas grills, so you can find the best one for your needs. If you want to read more about any of them in-depth or research other brands before buying, check out our blog post on this topic! Buying a grill is a big decision and we hope that these reviews have helped make it easier. Happy shopping!