Creamy garlic shrimp pasta is one of the most delicious pasta dishes you will ever taste. This dish is made by cooking pasta in a sauce of cream, butter, garlic, and shrimp. The pasta is then tossed in the sauce and garnished with parsley, or any other herb that you might like. You can also add parmesan cheese if you desire. The dish is easy to make since it only requires a few ingredients.
The process begins by cooking the pasta until it is tender and then adding Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic as well as shrimp. You then need to stir the mixture on heat for a few minutes before adding cream with a little salt and pepper for taste. Pour this over the pasta as well as garnishing it with parsley or other herbs that might be preferred by your palate.
Creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- 1 Ingredients for creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- 2 Instructions for creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- 3 Cooking notes for creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- 4 Some questions about creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- 4.1 Why is the pasta covered with Parmesan cheese?
- 4.2 Is it really necessary to add cream while cooking the pasta?
- 4.3 Is it OK if I use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp?
- 4.4 This dish turned out good for the whole family?
- 4.5 I am allergic to Parmesan cheese, how will I make this dish instead?
- 4.6 What spices can I add to prevent pasta from sticking?
- 4.7 When does this dish need to be cooked?
- 4.8 Is it OK to use pesto instead of cream for this recipe?
Ingredients for creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- Pasta – 8 oz. to 12 oz. pasta (such as spaghetti or any shape of noodles).
- Butter – 1/2 stick.
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced.
- Parmesan Cheese – 1/3 cup grated on medium-sized bread.
- Shrimp – 3 to 4 large, deveined, and chopped into small pieces.
- Cooking wine (or wine vinegar) – 2 tsp.
- Salt & Pepper – 1 tsp each.
- Parsley – A small handful (If you are allergic to parsley add a little basil or mint if you have it.).
Instructions for creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- Cook the pasta as per the original package instructions. In most cases, you will need 9 to 10 minutes to reach a good tenderness of the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan and add some butter to it. Sauté garlic until golden brown for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add butter that was in the pan and sauté garlic until it is slightly browned.
- Add wine or cooking wine to sautéed garlic clove and let it boil, stirring occasionally till it becomes thickened and bubbly from residual cooking wine (if you add vinegar instead of wine you can use 2 tsp.)
- Add shrimp to the mixture together with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the shrimp with sauce. You may add some parsley too if you want (approximately a small handful). Set aside for a few minutes.
- Add pasta to the pan with shrimp, butter, garlic as well as cream. Mix everything gently together till the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Cover for 2 minutes over medium heat until you can see some steam and let it simmer for another 1 minute before turning off the heat completely.
- Serve it while hot and garnish with parsley or any other herb you prefer or just add some Parmesan cheese if you like.4
Instructions for creamy garlic shrimp pasta
Cooking notes for creamy garlic shrimp pasta
- Many cooks prefer to make a roux on this dish by adding some flour and cooking it till lightly browned. However, if you have a gluten allergy, you may want to avoid this option or substitute the flour with cornflour (cornstarch).
- You may also use any kind of seafood in place of the shrimp. For example, halibut, tilapia, or any other type of fish will work fine in this dish.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice for a little zest to the creamy garlic shrimp pasta if you like or even some lemon slices.
- You can also use cream cheese instead of cream as well as 1/2 cup white wine instead of 2 tsp. of cooking wine.
- You can also try this elegant dish with fettuccine instead of spaghetti, only that you will need to use 12 to 14 oz. pasta.
- To substitute for butter, you can also use olive oil or any other type of vegetable oil that you prefer.
- The recipe for creamy garlic shrimp pasta is perfect for a romantic dinner when served with a glass of white wine or champagne. This dish will easily impress your guests as well as make them want more.
Dinner with creamy garlic shrimp pasta
Some questions about creamy garlic shrimp pasta
Why is the pasta covered with Parmesan cheese?
This step ensures that the pasta will be tastier since parmesan cheese is the primary ingredient for this dish. The cheese acts as a great binder and also offers a nice flavor.
Is it really necessary to add cream while cooking the pasta?
Yes, you need to add some cream to make this dish stand out among others. It also gives that extra buttery flavor to it when contrasted with shrimp.
Is it OK if I use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp?
As long as they are developed and chopped into small pieces, yes. You can also use raw shrimp if this is ok with you. However, make sure that they are deveined in case you do not want to get parasites while eating this dish.
This dish turned out good for the whole family?
Yes, the pasta will be both nutritious and tasty when served and it will go well with any meat and fish from your menu. You can also serve it cold which is a nice option if you have enough time to prepare it for dinner later on.
I am allergic to Parmesan cheese, how will I make this dish instead?
Some cooks will substitute the Parmesan cheese with basil or parsley instead. This is a good solution since these herbs have their own unique flavors that go perfectly with the shrimp and garlic flavors in this dish.
What spices can I add to prevent pasta from sticking?
The best way to prevent pasta from sticking together while cooking is by using plenty of salt and pepper. However, you may also use some oil such as olive oil or vegetable oil if you prefer it. However, it must be at room temperature before it can be used for cooking purposes.
Add salt and pepper to keep the dish from sticking
When does this dish need to be cooked?
The pasta will be ready in approximately 10 minutes as per the package instructions. You should have enough time to prepare the shrimp, garlic, and Parmesan cheese mixture.
Is it OK to use pesto instead of cream for this recipe?
Pesto is a great substitute for creamy garlic shrimp pasta because it has a similar flavor. However, you must make sure that you use enough oil, salt, and pepper in pesto to prevent it from being watery. You should also add some lemon juice or white wine with the pesto.
Creamy garlic shrimp pasta is a great alternative to the usual pasta dishes since it can be made with your favorite ingredients, including cheese and seafood. This dish is also easy to prepare and it will also be ready in just 10 minutes leaving more time for you to prepare other foods for dinner. It is also a good dish for romantic dinners when served with champagne or any other favorite drink.