Creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta is a combination of healthy and traditional ingredients that will not disappoint. The pasta itself is made from orecchiette pasta which is a type of pasta that looks like the ruffles on a children’s dress. It also requires cream, butter, milk, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and heavy whipping cream.
The shrimp are cooked in unsalted butter with garlic cloves before adding the sauce to add flavor to the dish. Heavy whipping cream is then added for richness and finished off with black pepper before serving it up to be eaten while still hot.
Creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta
Ingredients for creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Ground black pepper to taste, 1 and a half teaspoons.
- 1 pound of orecchiette pasta.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- A finely chopped garlic clove and 2 cloves of rosemary.
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream.
Maybe you don’t know: Some questions about creamy garlic pasta
Directions for creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta
- Boil pasta for a few minutes, until it is al dente and drained.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and saute until the shrimp turn pink on the sides.
- Pour the cream into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes or so, until the cream starts to thicken up, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix well to combine flavors, and serve over hot pasta (or use as desired).
Directions for creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta
Cooking notes for creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta
- This recipe uses unsalted butter and heavy whipping cream.
Consistent use of fresh ingredients is the main theme for this recipe. Use fresh garlic that has not been processed and add it whole into the dish as you would with a whole garlic clove. Try to use the best quality ingredients that you have available, try to vary the types of cheeses (as long as it is not cheap and nasty cheese), make sure all your produce is fresh and high quality, don’t let yourself be tempted by the fast foods that are available for purchase in just about every corner store, always read ingredient lists before buying items at a store or supermarket, pre-cook vegetables before adding them to pasta dishes, etc.
- Butter and heavy whipping cream are added to the recipe for flavor. Do not substitute butter with margarine, as it is inferior and has been shown to contain trans fats.
- Garlic cloves are added at the same time as the shrimp so that the garlic has a chance to cook and release its flavor into the dish before it is overpowered by the shrimp’s taste. The garlic should be finely chopped for this recipe so that it will blend in better with the sauce at the end.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed, after you have finished cooking to ensure you get maximum flavor out of your product (the shrimp and milk/cream).
- Black pepper is added to the recipe to add some spice and kick at the end.
Useful knowledge for you: How to make creamy garlic chicken penne pasta
This dish is simple and can be made in just a few minutes. It is also quite easy to make, as long as you have all of your ingredients prepared and ready beforehand. It is also quick enough to be made while cooking other dishes, especially if you are working with an almost full pan of pasta. Once cooked and placed over hot pasta, it is easy to add the shrimp and garlic to the sauce, mix it all together, and be done with your meal.
Add black pepper to the recipe
Some questions about creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta
Why is heavy whipping cream (and not whole milk) used in this recipe?
It varies from person to person as to what the answer is. Some people say that the only thing that heavy whipping cream adds to food is rich in taste, while others say that it adds body and opacity to a dish. This means that when you cook or bake anything with heavy whipping cream.
You can expect the whole meal (or whatever dish you’re using it for) to appear smooth and creamy, with no lumps found at all. In addition to adding these two qualities, heavy whipping cream also makes the end result silkier than it would be if you were using a different liquid of some kind. Over time, heavy whipping cream can actually lose some of its nutritional value, so try to consume it within a couple of weeks of purchase for maximum benefit.
Why is black pepper used in this recipe?
Black pepper helps add some spice and kick to this recipe at the end. It also helps to release the flavor of this spice into the dish so that it has maximum flavor. This means that you can sprinkle black pepper on top of your dish before serving it up and eating it if you want to enhance the flavor even more, although if you are looking for a low-fat alternative, then sprinkling black pepper on top will not have much effect due to using heavy whipping cream instead.
Is this dish healthy?
It depends on which light you view it. If you are looking at sodium, then it is not very healthy as there is a lot of salt added for flavoring, however, if you are looking at the fat content, then the heavy whipping cream reduces the number of calories per serving significantly. Overall, this meal is reasonably healthy and won’t do too much damage to your body if consumed on a regular basis.
You need to use this dish in moderation
Can I substitute heavy whipping cream with whole milk?
You can try replacing heavy whipping cream with whole milk, but in doing so you may sacrifice some of your meal’s richness in taste. This is because whole milk is not as rich in taste as heavy whipping cream. It is also worth noting that if you use whole milk in place of heavy whipping cream, you will need to increase the amount of butter used by more than 1/2 a tablespoon for the same amount of calories.
Anything else to be noted?
This recipe does contain shrimp, so if you have certain allergies or food intolerances, then consult a doctor before consuming any meal that contains shrimp. It may also contain garlic and onions, which are known to trigger allergies or food intolerances in some people (especially children). This dish should not be eaten during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also, shrimp can contain some bacteria that can make people sick when consumed raw.
Creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta recipe is an easy, quick and healthy meal that tastes amazing. It can be eaten as a side dish or even a main dish if desired. For an added kick of flavor, sprinkle some black pepper on top before serving. The recipe also lists the ingredients you need for the dish, as well as preparation steps and directions for cooking. This is one of the few recipes that I have ever used that has resulted in multiple compliments from my wife and family members after I cook it up.