Chilaquiles taco is a traditional Mexican breakfast dish. It is made with fried corn tortillas, cheese, and scrambled eggs. Finished off by the toppings of your choice such as tomatoes, onions, and avocado which are served on top of the plate. The origin of chilaquiles taco is said to be made from the leftovers from tacos that have been fried with white cheese. This dish has been known in Mexico for a long time but it has only recently been distributed and created in the United States.
Chilaquiles taco is the select good to eat
- 1 Ingredients for chilaquiles taco
- 2 Instructions for chilaquiles taco
- 3 Cooking notes for chilaquiles taco
- 4 Some questions about chilaquiles taco
- 4.1 What do you think of chilaquiles taco?
- 4.2 Does chilaquiles taco have any leftovers?
- 4.3 Is there anything that you can improve on chilaquiles taco?
- 4.4 How would you serve your chilaquiles taco?
- 4.5 Do you prefer tacos with bell pepper or onion as a garnish?
- 4.6 What do you like to add to your chilaquiles taco?
Ingredients for chilaquiles taco
- Taco shells.
- 2 cups of white queso cheese.
- Cheese shredded from Mexican white cheese, 1 cup.
- 2 tomatoes chopped in cubes (for garnish).
- 1 cup of corn (for garnish).
- 5 eggs (for garnish).
- 1 avocado (for garnish).
- Mexican crema (for garnish).
- Green onions( for garnish).
- Garnish with fresh cilantro (for garnish).
- Mexican sauce, salsa brava, soy sauce, or hot sauce to taste.
Ingredients for chilaquiles taco
Instructions for chilaquiles taco
- Place taco shells in a frying pan. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Place taco shells in a bowl and add all of the ingredients one by one except for the garnishes. Stir well and let chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Plate chilaquiles taco and garnish with desired ingredients.
Cooking notes for chilaquiles taco
- When making the chilaquiles tortilla, make sure to get a nice thick tortilla instead of a thin tortilla to make it more authentic and authentic.
- Use Mexican white cheese because it is mild and melts well into everything you add it to.
- You can add corn or shredded red lettuce if you do not like tomatoes on your chilaquiles taco.
- Chilaquiles can be spiced up by using hot sauce such as Tabasco to garnish your chilaquiles taco with extra flavor.
- There are many ways to eat chilaquiles.
- Chilaquiles are great with rice and beans.
Chilaquiles taco with rice and beans
Some questions about chilaquiles taco
What do you think of chilaquiles taco?
I think it is very good. How can you not like chilaquiles taco? This dish is something I would use again in the future to make for breakfast or dinner and I am going to tell my friends that like me and let them know about this dish.
Does chilaquiles taco have any leftovers?
Yeah, you can package up your chilaquiles taco into an individual bag so they will be ready in the morning, or reheating them all will work great too. Either way, chilaquiles tacos are great.
Is there anything that you can improve on chilaquiles taco?
As far as something I can improve on chilaquiles taco, the only thing I could say is that maybe it can be served with some tortilla chips.
How would you serve your chilaquiles taco?
I would serve my chilaquiles tacos with the tortillas on the side so they don’t get soggy and Mexican spiced rice that I have made before to go with it.
Do you prefer tacos with bell pepper or onion as a garnish?
answer: I like both bell pepper and onion but I prefer onion on my chilaquiles taco because it gives me the feeling of the taco filling. (Queso fresco can be used instead of the “white” queso)
What do you like to add to your chilaquiles taco?
answer: I like to add a Mexican hot sauce to my chilaquiles taco to give it a bit of spice and flavor.
Should add Mexican hot sauce to my chilaquiles taco
Chilaquiles taco is a traditional Mexican dish that I really enjoy a lot. It can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and for every meal. It is not only a good taste but also very nutritious. As the dish has been around for a while, there will always be someone that likes it and someone that does not like it at all so it’s nice to make this dish.
But even if you do not like chilaquiles taco then I still hope you will give this authentic Mexican dish a try because it’s probably something everyone has never tried before and maybe something you would like to try out as well.