In this blog post, we’re going to review the 12 best Cast Iron Tea Kettles for Wood Stoves on Amazon. Cast Iron Tea Kettles are a perfect way of making a pot of tea, and they can be used with any kind of stove or heating element. If you want to buy one for yourself or someone else on your Christmas gift list then keeps reading below! This article will provide all the information needed before purchasing your new cast iron kettle for a wood stove. We hope that it helps with your decision.
We’ve compiled a list of the 12 best-cast iron tea kettles for wood stoves reviews that will help make your decision-making process much easier.
List of 13 Best Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stoves Reviews
1. US STOVE CO Kettle Fireplace 3Qt Black
Easily enjoy warmth throughout the winter with our US STOVE CO Kettle Fireplace 3Qt Black Piece. Our kettle is made of high-quality stainless steel, including the ladder that will provide rust-free durability for many winters to come. The inner wall surfaces are highly polished to ensure there are no rough spots or unfinished areas that could cause scratches in your gorgeous cabinetry surrounding it.
This sparking new accessory features a lid with an easy-grip knob and steam release valve fitted with stay-cool chrome springs so you can always be in control of when you’d like to begin steaming away. Boasting an impressive 3-quart capacity, this kettle will fit not only your fire pit but also any other priceless kitchen gem or furniture requiring its amazing.
US STOVE CO Kettle Fireplace 3Qt Black
- Use to add humidity to a room with the steaming hot water
- Cool touch chrome spring handle
- Large 3 quart capacity
- A must-have accessory for every wood, coal, pellet or corn burning stove
- Not for cooking or human consumption
You should find more useful knowledge about the Glass tea kettle
2. Old Dutch Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stoves
There’s nothing better than a cup of your favorite tea on a snowy day. One that doesn’t go cold, or has to be reheated. That is because the heat-retaining properties of cast iron allow our tetsubin teapots to keep tea at the proper serving temperature for up to an hour before tapping out steam and going cool again.
Plus, the porcelain enamel interior keeps the taste of your flavor true and clean for next time. Cast iron is naturally antimicrobial, meaning it inhibits bacteria growth from adhering to what it touches – even if you happen to get dirt in there from handling potted flowers alongside your kettle.
Old Dutch Cast Iron Hakone Teapot/Wood Stove Humidifier, 3-Liter, Matte Black
- The heat-retaining properties of cast iron allow our tetsubin teapots to keep tea at the proper serving temperature for up to an hour
- The porcelain enamel interior keeps the taste of the tea pure and allow for easy cleaning
- Large 3 liter capacity and robust construction makes this kettle ideal for use as a humidifier for your wood stove
- Warranty not included
- Rinse out with warm water and hand dry
3. TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Tea Pot for Stove Top
A hot favorite for most CEOs and executives, this cast-iron kettle is perfect for the stovetop. Designed with a big capacity of 32 ounces 950 ml or 4 cups, it can make enough tea to last two to three people. Not only does its sturdy construction protect it against wear and tear, but also helps maintain heat so that the tasting will be even better. Does the durable design have an enamel interior that keeps the taste of the tea drinker’s original cup.? It is easy to clean once you remove the infuser because all parts are dishwasher-safe except for the lid.
Tea Kettle, TOPTIER Japanese Cast Iron Tea Pot for Stove Top, Cast Iron Teapot Humidifier for Wood Stove, Leaf Design Tea Kettle Coated with Enameled Interior for 32 Ounce (950 ml), Black
- Cast Iron Teapot - Teapot FULL-LOAD CAPACITY: 32 oz / 950 ml, RECOMMENDED BOILING CAPACITY: 25 oz / 750 ml. The cast iron tea kettle allows gradual and even heating. It will help infuse the greatest amount of flavor from the tea leaves into the water. Cast iron teapot could break down the elements of Fe2+, which is beneficial to your body. Japanese cast iron teapot also has long heat preservation.
- Convenient to Store - SERVE for 2-3 people, 3-4 cups WHEN the teapot is FULL-LOADED. The cast iron teapot material is sturdy and protects the teapot from being damaged easily, which greatly extend the life of teapot. The fully enameled interior helps preserve the taste of the tea original and pure and allows for easy care.
- Unique Design - The ACTUAL teapot LOOKS SMALLER and suggested NOT LOADING MORE THAN 25 oz / 750 ml of WATER for BOILING. The stainless-steel infuser helps separate tea leaves from the water, which can be removed and cleaned easily. TO CLEAN TEAPOT – Dishwashing detergent is not recommended. Simply clean it with water is enough. Ergonomic fold-down handle and shortly curved spout allow easy grip and easy pouring. Stovetop safe, the small fire is suggested.
- Better Gift - The black cast iron teapot is crafted with a retro green leaf pattern on its surface, which is a symbol of natural simplicity and purity. Beautiful packaging has also been designed. An exquisite gift for Dad, Mom, Friends, Family, Wedding, Décor, Decorations, Party and Tea Lovers.
- What You Get - Toptier leaf cast iron teapot, welcome guide, and friendly customer service. To see how TOPTIER's cast iron tea kettle can enhance your (or a loved one's) tea tasting adventure. Click "ADD TO CART" now.
4. Suyika Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot Tea Kettle pot
Meet the perfect hipster match. Winner of 2015 Let’s Get Physical Editor’s Choice Award, Towa Tea Kettle offers an attractive piece of authentic Japanese heritage with a modern twist. This wonderful hand-painted kettle is made from pure 100% cast iron and forged in Japan to ensure quality craftsmanship so you can bring the best technology home without compromising on style. The wide opening allows for easy cleaning while staying true to traditional roots with beautiful flower designs all over the painstakingly created exterior surface.
suyika Japanese Tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot Tea Kettle pot with Stainless Steel Infuser for Stovetop Safe Coated with Enameled Interior Pagoda Design 30 oz / 900 ml
- 【TWO USAGES】 The japanese tea pot full water capacity is 900 ml / 30 oz,and actual use capacity is 750ml / 25 oz，suitable for 2-3 people.It can be used to making tea or boiling tea, japanese teapots is recommended to use small fire on stove top to prevent water from boiling and protect the coating from falling off.After use, wash with clean water and dry with a clean cloth.
- 【GOOD FOR HEALTH】 Cast iron teapot let your drink water be healthy.Cast iron teapot can improve the water quality by releasing iron ions and absorbing chloride ions in water. So the water after boiled by our cast iron teapot can be more sweeter and softer, which is suitable for all kinds of tea making or other drinks making.
- 【BEAUTIFUL DESIGN】Cast iron teapot - a traditional Japanese tetsubin design. It is a masterful collection for tea lovers. It is the necessary decoration to any kitchen - the best tea kettle / teapot for boiling water or making tea.Christmas decorations.
- 【ENAMEL INTERIOR】The material of the cast iron tea kettle is sturdy and protects the teapot from being damaged easily, which greatly extend the life of cast iron teapot. The fully enameled interior helps preserve the taste of the tea original and pure and allows for easy care.
- 【NOTE】 Suyika cast iron teapot is professionally crafted by skilled craftsmen. Quality is the life of our teapot.If you have any pre-sales and after-sales problems, please contact us and we will respond within 12 hour. we will solve your all issues to meet your 100% satisfaction. Just have a try!
5. Old Mountain 10129 Cast Iron Tea Kettle
You’ll cook up a storm when you add this 2-quart iron tea kettle to your kitchen. The perfect companion for any stovetop, the old mountain heating system is ready to blaze in minutes and can be used on all types of surfaces. That’s because it already comes pre-seasoned and every detail has been considered including heavyweight that will last a lifetime. The heirloom-quality craftsmanship means that not only is it going to stay hot for hours, but its deep brown color will never fade no matter how many pots of soup you serve with it.
Old Mountain 10129 Pre-Seasoned 2-Quart Cast Iron Tea Kettle
- Pre Seasoned and Ready to Use
- 2 Quart capacity
- Spiral bail handle
- Old Mountain logo embossed on lid
- Extra heavy design
You can read more about the Copper tea kettle antique
6. COLETTI Bozeman Camping Coffee Pot
Slow-drip coffee for morning campers. COLETTI Bozeman’s wood-handled camping coffee pot has no aluminum or plastic parts, so it’s great to take along on your next journey west. The stainless steel construction with a tempered glass pour top keeps the work of topping off hot cups easy. Use our medical-grade filters – carefully chosen components can make all the difference when you’re gearing up for an early rise in the woods. Experience that reliably good taste by investing now in this perfect cup of joe.
COLETTI Bozeman Camping Coffee Pot – Percolator Coffee Pot - Coffee Percolator for Campfire or Stovetop Coffee Making (9 CUP)
34 used from $31.23
- NO ALUMINUM OR PLASTIC. Our stainless steel camping coffee makers are toxin free. Essential camp kitchen equipment with hardwood handle, construction grade steel, & heat-toughened glass top
- BONUS - FILTERS INCLUDED. We include a pack of medical grade filters. Not required for operation, but these keep finely-ground beans out of the brew. This camping coffee percolator comes ready to use
- COMBAT TOUGH - VETERAN OWNED. This rugged camp coffee pot is engineered for the outdoors. Take it anywhere. Period. Made by men who weathered 15 combat deployments. A coffee perculator built to last
- EASIEST WAY TO MAKE CAMP COFFEE. A camp coffee pot is simple, efficient, & classic. When you want something strong, and it’s too early for beer, brew with a Bozeman. Perfect cowboy coffee pot
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE. Top materials & workmanship enable a superb promise. Shop with confidence. This is the last camping percolator coffee pot you will ever need. US based customer service
7. Plow & Hearth 3 QT Cast Iron Wood Stove Steamer
Enjoy family gatherings with this cast iron wood stove steamer kettle. Made of rust-resistant matte black cast iron, its 3-quart capacity will quickly gratify any appetite. Complete with a honeycomb top for easy pouring and serving the following morning, the stovetop steamer is also equipped to add some extra flavor to your meals. Keep it on hand utensils for quick clean-up next time you decide to make some breakfast fun.
Plow & Hearth 3 QT Cast Iron Wood Stove Steamer 9 L x 11.5 W x 6.25 H
- Cast iron woodstove steamer kettle
- Features honeycomb top and rust-resistant finish
- 3 quart capacity
- Matte black
8. Fire Beauty Humidifying Iron Kettle
The Fire Beauty Kettle Humidifier is the perfect way to stay hydrated without sacrificing that soothing, easy boiling function. Not just for your grandma who has trouble seeing, these are great for anyone who wants to enjoy their favorite beverage without having to worry about bumping it up on a shelf or spending money on something else.
With its large 2.5-quart capacity and beautiful black finish, this kettle will suit any décor befitting your tastes. Plus, with its cool touch chrome spring handle, you don’t have to worry about burning yourself when pulling out the kettle from the oven.
Fire Beauty Humidifying Iron Kettle，Stove Humidifier，Wood Stove Kettle，Cast Iron，Chrome handle
- The product is Kettle Humidifier
- Easy and simple use kit
- Cool touch chrome spring handle
- Large 2.5-quart capacity
- Available in black color
9. Sotya Tetsubin Japanese Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stoves
If you’re a tea enthusiast and love the calm and zen-like feeling it facilitates, then you know that there’s nothing better than an excellent cup of hot water. What if we told you that your next round might taste even better? Introducing the Fire Beauty Humidifying Iron Kettle. The incredible teapot has been made with premium materials such as stainless steel mesh, polished copper lid, heat resistant Borosilicate glass for cleanliness and durability during use. With a modern style to match its quality makeup, this is a must-have nowadays in every kitchen.
Sotya Cast Iron Teapot, 40oz/1200ml Japanese Tetsubin Tea Pot with Infuser for Loose Leaf and Tea Bags, Tea Kettle Coated with Enameled Interior for Stove Top, Black
- ✅【LARGE CAPACITY&STAINLESS STEEL FILTER】Teapot FULL-CAPACITY: 40oz/1200ml, RECOMMENDED BOILING CAPACITY: 30oz/900ml (otherwise it will overflow when boiled), suitable for 1-3 people. The stainless steel infuser helps separate the tea leaves from the water and can be easily removed and cleaned.
- ✅【HANDMADE BY ARTISANS】The body of the teapot is matched with bright colors, embellished with cherry blossom patterns, resulting in a self-evident harmonious beauty. If you are a quality of life person, then this exquisite cast iron teapot is perfect for you, and it also makes a great gift for friends and family.
- ✅【ENAMEL INTERIOR,NOT EASY TO RUST】The interior of SOTYA cast iron teapot is coated with enamel, which can well protect the teapot from rusting, and at the same time make your drinking water healthier, very suitable for beginners who like cast iron pots friendly. STOVE TOP SAFE, it is recommended to use a small fire.
- ✅【PREMINM FEATURES FOR COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE 】The handle is wrapped with twine to prevent it from slipping out of your hand and falling off when grasping. The ergonomic extra-wide handle and drip-proof spout make everything perfect. Usually it is made of cast iron which retains the heat well and makes for a great tea time.
- ✅【AFTER SALES SERVICE】SOTYA is committed to providing our consumers with the absolute best value and quality of our full range of products. All of our products are eligible for a full 12 month warranty. Our service team is always on hand to provide you with quality service to help you resolve any issues.
10. Camp Chef Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stoves
Known for its durability and long-lasting quality, this 2 qt tea kettle is perfect for making tea on your next camping trip. Featuring an enameled interior that provides protection against rust, this cast iron pot will last you through many lifetimes.
This Cast Iron Tea Pot has a handle to easily pour once the water inside comes to a rolling boil. Weighing in at 6 lb 5 oz with dimensions of 7″ Diameter x 12″ Height, it’s hard not to let the Camp Chef Cast Iron Tea Pot brighten up any kitchen at home or while camping.
Camp Chef Cast Iron Tea Pot
- True Seasoned Finish cast iron pot with Enamel coated interior
- Large metal handle for convenient pouring/carrying
- Easy pour spout
- Height: 5" - Diameter: 7" - Weight: 6 lb 5 oz
- Holds 2 qt of liquid
11. FireBeauty Woodstove Steamer Stove Humidifier Cast Iron
Give your family the gift of great winters this year with a moisturizing home. You can benefit from all-natural Woodstove Steamer Stove Humidifier Cast Iron to keep your lungs refreshed and your skin healthy. Allow humidified steam vapors to penetrate deep into the dry winter air, alleviating coughs, sinus irritation, and other symptoms which can be caused by overheating or inadequate humidity in the house.
One side offers a traditional lattice design for water vaporization while the opposite has an oval shape suitable for warming anywhere you might need it on your stovetop. Water hot enough to vaporize doesn’t get hotter than 212 degrees Fahrenheit so it’s safe for handling around children or pets without worries of burns.
FireBeauty Woodstove Steamer Stove Humidifier Cast Iron Lattice Top Rust Resistant 2.3 Quart Capacity (horse)
- Heavy cast iron，oval shape，horse design lattice top
- Place this steamer on your stovetop, fill with water to add healthy humidity to dry air and make winter air more comfortable
- Traditional lattice work top allows water to easily vaporize
- Size：12.5"x6.7"x6"，black painting finish
- You can add potpourri and put in your room or garden for aromatherapy
Along with that, you should also learn about ceramic teapot warmer
12. VUDECO Japanese Teapot Cast Iron Tea Kettle
VUDECO Japanese Teapot Cast Iron Tea Kettle is an excellent ceramic teapot made of black cast iron. The quality pot retains heat well, meaning the chances are high that your tea will be of a drinkable temperature. Comes with a stainless-steel infuser on its lid, making filtering easier on you. Handles are boiled down to give the product an everlasting life span while also being more attractive for consumers who want clean lines. For household use or even business use.
VUDECO 30oz Gold Black Japanese Cast Iron Teapot Kettle Set Loose Leaf Tea Pot For Loose Tea Cast Iron Kettle with Tea Infuser Japanese Tea Set Cast Iron Tea Kettle Japanese Tea Pot Wood Stove
- Japanese Cast Iron Tea Pot - VUDECO cast iron teapot performs excellent heat transmission. The thick cast iron keeps the temperature up and even helps to stretch the tea leaves and intensify the fragrance and flavor. The stainless-steel infuser makes it easier to filter / remove tea leaves for flavor adjustment. The capacity of VUDECO cast iron tea kettle for stove top is 30 oz / 900 ml which is suitable for tea party with friends and family.
- Exquisite Design - Black cast iron kettle with gold traditional Japanese wave / fish scale pattern design makes VUDECO Japanese tea kettle steady and elegant. Classic vintage black and gold design enhances the authentic ancient Japanese culture and adds artistic feeling while brewing your tea for daily ritual or display as an ornament.
- Sturdy Material and Enamel Coating - Our Japanese tea pot is made of strong and sturdy cast iron makes the black tea infuser pot solid and durable. The enamel coating inside metal teapot makes it easy to clean the black teapot and increases the antioxidant ability for rust protection and better tea brewing experience.
- Wonderful Gift - VUDECO Japanese style teapot with delicate design of traditional wave pattern and sturdy material makes it a perfect gift for tea lover, friends and family. Great vintage tea pots color and pattern design for cast iron teapot and even a fantabulous ornament while not brewing tea.
- Versatile Use - This tea kettle with infuser is suitable with gas stove, electric stove and wood stove. Great material and design to brew delicious tea for your daily ritual or teatime with friends and family. The gold vintage wave / fish scale pattern from Japan makes the black tea pot a centerpiece in any room and occasion.
Tips and guide to buying the best Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stoves
Detrimental Effects of the kettle
The most detrimental aspect of using cast iron tea kettles on wood stoves is the effect that they can have on the finish of the stove. Cast Iron Tea Kettles are very acidic and over time can corrode metal surfaces. There are several methods to help protect your stove from damage by the acid in the kettle including:
- Cleaning after each use to prevent acid from corroding metal parts.
- Placing a layer of sand at the bottom of the kettle before placing it on the stove.
- Wipe a thin coat of vegetable oil over the outer surface and let dry before placing it on the wood stove.
As a general rule of thumb, the larger the capacity of your kettle, the less time it will take to boil water. The smaller models usually have a spout and no lid which makes them easier to carry around as boiling water but you tend to lose more water vapor this way.
Cast Iron tea kettles also come in different thicknesses which affect their ability to conduct heat efficiently. Thicker cast iron tea kettles are better at retaining heat and therefore will last longer on a wood stove. There tends to be a trade-off between what is thicker and what can retain heat well though, as thinner kettles tend to be more efficient at transferring heat from the bottom of the kettle into the liquid inside due to the increased surface area.
One of the most popular designs for cast iron tea kettles for wood stoves is the large spout. This design allows users to fill the kettle without having to move it off of the stove due to spilling or water loss (if you pour too slowly).
Another popular design is a lid with a pour spout. The lids are excellent at reducing evaporation and helping with pouring.
Anyone familiar with cooking knows that maintaining an even temperature can be difficult, particularly on wood stoves that have hot spots in some places but not others, so round-bottomed designs are usually better suited. Make sure that you use your Cast Iron Tea Kettle on low heat areas as this will avoid any damage from uneven heating.
A whistling spout is also available on some cast iron tea kettles. This allows you to remove the kettle when boiling with confidence that it really is boiled, particularly if your stove doesn’t have a glow.
Choosing a Cast Iron Tea Kettle
There are many factors to consider when choosing a cast iron tea kettle including:
Handles should be hard-wearing and securely attached to prevent damage to fabric or gloves due to heat transfer. There should be enough space between the handle and the kettle walls so that the handle doesn’t get hot to the touch. Handles are also very important when pouring.
The purpose of the lid is twofold – it both reduces evaporation and provides comfort when handling by reducing heat transfer from the outside of the kettle. Make sure that your lid fits tightly onto your cast iron tea kettle for wood stoves, but isn’t too tight as this will make removing harder. If there is a pour spout on top of your lid then ensure that it can open easily without adjusting how you hold or lift your kettle. Make sure that the lid fits tightly so that it won’t drip or spill, particularly if you have a large spout with no cover.
Ensure that there is enough space between the kettle and the spout to allow you to add more water without removing it from the heat. A large spout will minimize spills while pouring but may be harder to lift due to the larger surface area. Make sure that your kettle has some sort of guard or handle so that you can easily remove and carry the kettle when full.
To prolong your cast iron tea kettles life, always use a stove with a visible glow rather than an open fireplace or radiant heater. Radiant heaters get very hot and if placed directly under your cast iron tea kettle then this will cause significant damage over time.
A cast iron tea kettle for wood stoves can range in price from $10 – $80. If you are considering getting one as a novelty item, make sure that you factor in the cost of the gas stove as well as the cast iron tea kettle if you aren’t using it on an induction stovetop. Also, make sure that your budget is enough to warrant purchasing a Cast Iron Tea Kettle over those made from other materials such as stainless steel or copper because those kettles will also work just fine on a wood-burning stove and come at a fraction of the price.
Washing Your Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stove
Good quality cast iron tea kettles for Wood Stoves should be coated with a layer of wax to protect the kettle from rusting. Always make sure that your kettle is completely dry before placing it on the stove and handle with care (using an oven glove) as the handles will become hot over time and if you drop it, this will crack or chip the enamel.
Never use soap or detergents to clean your cast iron tea kettle as they can ruin both the enamel and the protective layer of wax which coats your Cast Iron, Tea Kettle.
If there is no more than 1 cm of liquid left inside your kettle after boiling, simply allow it to cool and then pour out any loose particles using a spoon or tongs. If you need to remove any burnt-on particles, place your kettle in cold water and scrub carefully with a solution of coarse salt and cold water.
After cleaning, fill your Cast Iron Tea Kettle with clean cold water and bring it to a boil until all loose particles are removed. This method will prevent rusting or contamination of the next batch of tea. When you feel that your cast iron tea kettle is not as shiny as it used to be, simply repeat this process until the shine returns.
Care Instructions for Your Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stove
If you are using your cast iron tea kettle for a wood stove, make sure that the exterior is always thoroughly dry before placing it back on your stove. Also, never use soap to clean it as the chemicals will “pit” the enamel and cause rusting in the future.
When not in use, store them in a safe place where children or animals cannot reach them. If you have a shelf unit with a lip to prevent things from sliding off, then having your Cast Iron Tea Kettle resting against this will provide extra security from spills.
FAQs about using a cast iron kettle for wood stove
How long can you keep boiling water in your Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stove?
Newer kettles should be allowed to cool and then re-boiled and replaced after 7 minutes. If you have an older kettle, the maximum time is 5 minutes under constant boiling. After this, either allow to cool and replace or discard and refill with fresh cold water.
Can I add salt to my kettle when boiling water?
Adding salt will not cause any harm but it is wasteful since the leaves from tea bags may settle at the bottom of your cast iron tea kettle if you want clear water, do not add salt when boiling your water. However, adding a little salt will decrease the mineral deposits that form on your Cast Iron Tea Kettle.
How do you remove white stains on your cast iron tea kettle for Wood Stove?
Stains are caused by the build-up of minerals in your water or if using an older kettle, excess iron can drip into the water hence causing these stains to form. Pour out any loose particles and place the kettle in cold water before bringing it to a boil. Repeat this process until all mineral deposits have been removed.
What is the best way to wash my cast iron tea kettle for Wood Stove?
The best ways for cleaning are outlined above but remember that soap should never be used as it ruins both enamel and wax coatings. Also always dry before placing on the stove and handle with care (using oven glove) as handles will become hot over time.
How should I store my Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood stoves?
Always make sure that your cast iron tea kettle is dry before storing and never use soap when cleaning as this ruins both enamel and wax coatings which prevent rusting and contamination of the next batch of tea. If you have a shelf unit with a lip to prevent things from sliding off, then having your Cast Iron Tea Kettle resting against this will provide extra security from spills after use.
Conclusion for the Best Cast Iron Tea Kettle for Wood Stoves
We hope our review of the best-cast iron tea kettle for wood stoves has helped you find the perfect choice. Our goal is to provide you with all relevant information so that your decision can be as informed and confident as possible. With this in mind, we encourage you to check out each product’s description page for more detailed specifications on size, capacity, heating efficiency, weight-limit tolerance, warranty coverage, and even color options. Share this blog post with friends who love tea and enjoy nature too – they may be able to use it as well.