What is the latest food trend you ask? Well, it’s called sous vide cooker and with this method of slow-cooked meats or vegetables can be cooked precisely to your liking. No more overcooked meals.
With sous vide cooking, food is placed in a resealable plastic bag and submerged in the heated water using a cooking period of 30 minutes for each 1/2 inch deep. The technique generally gives off an even temperature throughout regardless if you’re preparing bass filets or spare ribs. Which means it can be cooked much more quickly than traditional methods.
If you are looking for the best Sous Vide Cooker, look no further. There are many factors to consider when buying a cooker and we have made it much easier for you by narrowing your search down to three top choices.
We looked at different features like whether or not the unit has an alarm that will notify you once your food is cooked if there is any sort of timer function, how easy it is to clean the unit, and more. If this article didn’t answer all of your questions about sous vide cookers then please feel free to contact us with any other concerns.
- 1 What Is Sous Vide Cooker?
- 2 List of 12 Best Sous Vide Cooker Reviews
- 2.1 1. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.2 2. Inkbird WIFI Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.3 3. Yedi Infinity Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.4 4. Sous Vide Cooker Immersion Circulator
- 2.5 5. Sous Vide Cooker Water Oven by Vesta Precision
- 2.6 6. Dash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.7 7. Anova Culinary AN500-US00 Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- 2.8 8. Breville CS20001 Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.9 9. Greater Goods Kitchen Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.10 10. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.11 11. Bonsenkitchen Sous Vide Cooker
- 2.12 12. Inkbird Sous Vide Cooker
- 3 Tips and guide to buying the best Sous Vide Cooker
- 4 Tips for Using your Sous Vide Cooker
- 5 FAQs about a Sous Vide Cooker
- 6 Conclusion for 17 Best Sous Vide Cooker Reviews
What Is Sous Vide Cooker?
Sous vide cookers is a cooking technique in which foods are sealed inside airtight plastic bags then slowly cooked at an ultra-low temperature for an extended period of time. The food contained within sous vide cookers is then vacuum-sealed with the use of a drinking straw or similar device to remove excess air. This process can be used to cook many types of food including meat, vegetables, and even eggs.
Sous vide cooking is currently becoming popular in culinary schools across the globe because it allows chefs to use their current skillset without requiring too much time in the kitchen. Their students are being taught how to cook with this method because it can help minimize under or overcooking.
Once you have chosen your food, you simply need to seal it inside an airtight plastic bag, drop it in the heated sous vide cooker until your desired doneness is reached, and either sear or broil the food to finish.
List of 12 Best Sous Vide Cooker Reviews
1. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Cooker
- The Anova Precision Cooker Nano sous vide cookers (pronounced sue-feed) is the perfect device for anyone who wants to cook their food with precision. Use it from anywhere in your home thanks to its wireless capabilities and connect via Bluetooth so you can monitor the progress onscreen as well.
- Sous vide cooking is the latest and most innovative way to cook almost any food, with chicken wings as an example. Sous Vide cooks use precision water circulation so they can select exactly how much time it will take for their dish to be cooked perfectly every single time without over-cooking or undercooked meat being present on a plate when served at its finished state.
- The new Anova Nano is an amazing addition to any kitchen. With its small size and power, it can be used by itself or attached as a supplement for larger cookers. The durable plastic construction makes sure that the device lasts long even when exposed to harsh environments like on-the-go eating habits.
- Simply attach the Precision Cooker to your own pot or container, fill the pot or container with water, add your food in a sealed bag, and cook manually with the built-in controls or from your phone with the Anova App.
2. Inkbird WIFI Sous Vide Cooker
- With the WIFI sous vide cooker, you can cook at any time and get instant feedback. The easy-to-use app allows for checking on your food’s status from anywhere in the world.
- The Probat Sous Vide Precision Cooker is the perfect cooking appliance for precision meat and vegetable dishes. The temperature can be controlled within 0.1 degrees, even when set at full 1000 W output! With quieter than 40 dB noise levels while it cooks your food to perfection with custom settings that will last up to 99 hours – this sleek-looking device does not disappoint in any way possible.
- Sous vide cooking is an innovative way to cook your food with precision. The unit preserves the juices, moisture, and flavors of vegetables while you enjoy all their health benefits which are difficult if not impossible outside this process. With our easy recipe book included in every purchase there’s no need for trial-and-error learning – just follow along as top chefs teach exactly how it should be done.
- The Inkbird Precise Cooker is a high-quality, well-designed thermal cooker that can keep temperatures accurate with its additional calibration function. It features an easy-to-use interface and stainless steel exterior for durability. This unit has been intentionally made non-waterproof so you don’t have to worry about spilling any water on it during cooking sessions or when transporting around in your kitchen.
3. Yedi Infinity Sous Vide Cooker
- The Sous Vide cookers circulate water to an exact temperature and have a range that goes up to 203 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit can hold your immersion heater in place, so you don’t have to worry about it melting or detaching while heating the food. With 99 hours of cooking time on this bad boy before anything starts burning there’s always enough room for error – which means success is just minutes away too.
- The Infinity device is different from other sous vide cookers machines on the market because its patented octagonal shape creates a more even and accurate water flow distribution. More specifically, with all eight sides equipped for pushing heated fluids against their perfect perforations, this innovative design ensures that you never have an uneven cooking process or cool spots within your container.
- The deluxe accessory kit includes a hand pump, 20 reusable BPA-free vacuum-sealed bags, and clip set for sous vide cooking as well as 4 different size clips to hold your food in the place. The recipe book has tips on how best to prepare each dish while cheat sheets provide easy reference during preparation time.
- Leave the cumbersome pots and pans behind for an unmatched kitchen experience. With 1000 watts of power, this hyper-fast water vaporizer will turn any dish into a Michelin restaurant-quality meal in no time at all with its sleek design that makes cooking easy as can be.
4. Sous Vide Cooker Immersion Circulator
- Solving the problem of cooking food to be on par with what you would order at your favorite restaurant, this immersion circulator delivers amazing flavor and results every time.
- With flexible options for any diet or taste, there’s never an excuse to eat bland or unhealthy again. When working hard all day, nutritious meals are close by. No need to bother with hours chopping veggies, marinating meat, or measuring spice packets anymore.
- Your new culinary assistant is here to help with healthier lifestyles, just stick it in the pot and turn it on.
5. Sous Vide Cooker Water Oven by Vesta Precision
- This high-tech device is designed to make sure your food never overcooks or undercooks. For accurate, precise temperature control it has a powerful pump design that will always provide steady results no matter what you’re cooking.
- The precision cooker is perfect for anyone who needs to cook at a specific temperature. It circulates 10 liters of water and steams, boils, or poaching foods without introducing any flavor into the dish while maintaining an accurate cooking time with this one-of-a-kind kitchen appliance.
- The Vesta app provides you with complete remote control of your sous-vide machine. With the touch of a button, users can monitor and adjust settings on their phones from anywhere in the house or office – even while they’re away.
- The newest state-of-the-art wifi precision cooker with a sleek and modern design will look great in any kitchen. It features an easy-to-read digital touch screen, fast operation for quick tasks like cooking time adjustment or adjusting temperatures between Fahrenheit/ Celsius settings which is ideal when you want your food cooked just right without having to worry about overcooking it.
6. Dash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide Cooker
- The perfect way to make restaurant-quality meals at home, the Sous Vide cookers Supreme water circulator includes precise temperature control (within 2 degrees) and a magnetic drive for even cooking. Get that moist but not soggy texture with meats or fish, vegetables that retain their flavor because you can set them and forget them while the soup simmers on low heat away in another zone of this versatile kitchen tool.
- The LED digital timer display is sensor touch, for easy control. The temperature range can be set from 104-194°F with a time duration ranging from 10 minutes to 72 hours in ten-minute segments or one-hour increments respectively; perfect if you need more precise stovetop cooking.
- The 85qt KitchenAid® Mixing Bowl is the perfect accessory for any home. With its large capacity, it can mix up a variety of food items at once. This stainless steel bowl also makes an excellent wedding or new resident gift that will add character to your kitchen décor in no time flat.
7. Anova Culinary AN500-US00 Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- Never again will you have to worry about overcooking or undercooking your food. The Anova Precision Cooker, with its precise temperature control and accessible app for thousands of free recipes, ensures delicious results no matter what ingredients are involved in cooking.
- Sous vide cooking offers the perfect level of doneness for nearly any food. Chicken, fish, and more are all ideal foods when cooked using this method as it allows you to lock in flavor while also maintaining moisture during the cooking process resulting in texture and taste that is second-to-none.
- The Precision Cooker is the perfect tool for any home chef who likes to save time in their cooking. This precise water boiling device attaches easily onto most pots and lets you start preparing meals right away, without having to wait around on long heating processes that take up so many precious minutes of our day.
8. Breville CS20001 Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- For those who want to save space and still get the most out of their sous vide cookers experience, this is your perfect machine. It’s smaller than most other competing products on the market today with a sleek white body that can be easily slipped into a top drawer when not in use.
- The 1100 watts of power for hyper-fast water heating and the visual doneness feature in the Joule app make it easier than ever to perfectly cook your food. Operates at 50-60 Hz, single phase. On top of this efficiency (and speed), you can also rely on its predictability thanks to an innovative “Visual Doneness” system that displays exactly how each dish will look before cooking begins – guaranteeing nothing goes wrong.
- The Joule is a cooking and food prep device that can be used anywhere. It’s compatible with both iPhone or Android phones, as well as Bluetooth connectivity for those who prefer not to use their phone while they cook from another location without the need for a Wi-Fi connection. The best part? You don’t even have to worry about running out of power because this powerful little machine will stay on standby mode so long as there are 120 volts near it.
9. Greater Goods Kitchen Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous vide cooker that is both powerful and quiet—the best of both worlds. Slow cook pots are so five years ago, but it’s time to give this new technology a try. With 1100 watts of power under the hood, you’ll be able to prep your meal in no time at all – perfect when dinner needs an almost immediate fix…
- The Greater Goods sous vide cooking unit is a quiet, high-powered machine that will cater to your needs with temperatures ranging from 68 degrees Fahrenheit up to 203. You can use this for slow-braised deliciousness or even fast food thanks in part due to its nearly 150-degree range.
- The sous vide cookers method is a breeze. Just stick it in the water bath, set your desired temperature, and add all ingredients to their bags for easy heating at home or on-demand cooking when entertaining guests.
- When it comes to kitchen appliances, one of the most important things is how they look. The Designer line from CuisinePro looks great in any home and will impress your friends with its sleek design. With intuitive controls that are easy enough for anyone who has ever used an oven before. This device really does have something special up its sleeve – especially if you need or want a professional touch without compromising on functionality.
10. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Cooker
- No more undercooked or overcooked meals with this precision cooker. The Anova circulates water at the exact temperature required for perfectly cooked food, no matter what you’re cooking up. Use their app to access thousands of free recipes and monitor your meal from anywhere in real-time via smartphone.
- Sous Vide cooking is the perfect level of doneness for nearly any food. Chicken, fish, vegetables, and eggs are all examples that benefit greatly from sous vide cookers circulation because it can cook them at different levels to achieve desired flavors with unmatched textures.
- The Anova precision cooker Pro is the most substantial sous vide cookers Circulator in our lineup. Capable of heating up to 100L when cooking underwater, this durable and powerful circulator provides an excellent way for home chefs of all levels (beginner or pro) alike. The IPX-7 rated stainless steel construction ensures that your device will be able to withstand accidental drops onto surfaces like floorings while also remaining dust-free at all times thanks to its touch screen interface which allows you control over every setting imaginable.
- Anova’s precision cooker is a great kitchen appliance for those who need to cook food without too much hassle. Simply attach it to your pot, fill it with water and add any ingredients before cooking on the built-in controls or using their app.
11. Bonsenkitchen Sous Vide Cooker
- With the Sous Vide cookers Gun, you can cook meat to perfection with just one push of a button. This 1300 watt machine efficiently circulates heated water throughout the cooking process so that it’s done in less time and makes your favorite meals even more tender than before.
- The Sous vide cookers are IPX7 waterproof certified. There’s no risk of steam entering to the internal parts and hence has long durability, safety features which make this product a great buy for those who need their cooking appliances water-resistant.
- This thermal cooker will stop working and alarm you when the water level is lower than the minimum. Also, it has a safety feature that will ensure your meats stay at safe temperatures by monitoring target values. This stainless steel appliance can’t be over-heated or more than 10 degrees Celsius either way (22 Fahrenheit).
- You can now prepare perfectly cooked meals with accurate, precise temperature control thanks to the latest sous vide cooker. This powerful pump delivers more power than large immersion circulators and efficiently heats up 15 liters of water. Whether you’re preparing food for one or fifty people at once this ultra-modern appliance will make your cooking easier than ever before.
12. Inkbird Sous Vide Cooker
- Connect the Sous Vide cookers to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network via Free APP: InkbirdPro, then you could SET and Monitor the temperature on your phone wherever it is. You can also give access for family members if desired – support max 100 admins at once.
- The immersion circulator is a cooking device that can help you to make sure your food reaches the desired temperature every time. It has precise settings for water and an accurate high setting of 1℉/0.1℃, which means no more undercooked or overcooked meals.
- The WiFi Sous Vide Culinary Precision Cooker is a professional culinary tool that will stop working and alarm when the water level is lower than the minimum scale line, it also sounds an alert if your current temperature reaches its target.
Tips and guide to buying the best Sous Vide Cooker
To make sure your food is cooked the right way, you need a sous vide cooker. The best ones have high precision temperature control and keep water at a low flow rate to prevent any hot spots from heating up.
The crucial thing about these devices is that they maintain an even 140°F (60 °C) for hours without fluctuation while also being easy-to-use with features like timers so it’s easier on those who might not be as familiar when cooking meat or vegetables in their own home.
Sous vide cookers can be a bit expensive to buy, but this shouldn’t deter you from investing in the device. However, even if you don’t have a large budget there are several models that will fit your needs without hurting your wallet too much.
The best sous vide cookers immersion circulators will use as little as 800 watts as well as have the ability to hold water at a constant temperature for several hours.
Technology is great, but user-friendliness is even better. Some sous vide cookers can surpass their high standards in precision but are actually quite difficult to use because they have too many buttons and settings available for you to memorize right off the bat.
With that in mind, you can’t go wrong with a device that has an intuitive interface to make things easier for you while cooking your meal. Some units even have alarms to let you know when dinner is ready or when it needs water added.
The best sous vide cookers are easy to use and set up with a simple design that can be easily understood by those who don’t have a lot of experience with cooking appliances.
The only way to enjoy great-tasting food from sous vide cookers immersion circulators is if they have enough liquid inside them to hold water at a steady temperature. Most devices will use 1-3 gallons (4-12 L) of water, but some can be upgraded to handle more or less depending on your specific needs.
The best sous vide cookers will come with the ability to hold at least 1 gallon (4 L) of water inside the reservoir while also having the option to use either a hose or a hoseless pump system.
Types of Sous Vide Cookers
There are two main types of sous vide cookers to choose from, and they both work equally well. It’s just up to you to decide which type will be best for your circumstances.
Immersion circulators are stick-style devices that immerse in liquid while cooking your food.
The best sous vide cookers immersion circulators will have a powerful motor that uses induction heating to heat up the water inside of them as well as sensors for temperature control and timers to alert you when dinner is ready.
They usually use between 800 watts and 1200 watts with an adjustable heater coil so you can either get it hotter or colder depending on the dish you are preparing.
The other advantage to using this type of sous vide cooker is that they are easy to clean and store in any kitchen cabinet.
You will be able to play around with cooking times when using a sous vide cooker. In general, however, your meals will take an average of 30-60 minutes to cook all the way through after being sealed inside a bag and submerged in warm water.
Some foods will only need 15-30 minutes but others can go as long as 4-8 hours for a fully-cooked meal at the right temperature.
It might not bother you too much how loud your sous vide cooker is or what type of sound it makes while in use, but you should still consider this factor when buying one.
Most devices will make a humming noise that isn’t terribly loud at all, but you might want to choose the quietest models if noise levels are important to you.
Temperature Accuracy and Precision
Being able to bring water to a certain temperature quickly, maintain it for long periods of time without fluctuation, and cook your food evenly when submerged inside the liquid is what makes exceptional sous vide cooker.
Some top-rated models can be pretty expensive but others are much more affordable while still providing the same high-quality results.
The best sous vide cookers will have a heating element with thermal feedback to make sure it’s accurate and precise, a PID system for exact temperature control, and a timer you can use to keep track of the cooking process.
Tips for Using your Sous Vide Cooker
- One of the best things about sous vide cooking is that you don’t have to worry about burning or ruining your food due to overcooking.
- However, there are other factors to consider when first opening your product and using it for the first time. Things like temperature accuracy, how long it takes to heat up, problem areas where water might spill out, and safety are all concerns to consider before cooking your first meal.
- The best sous vide cookers will have helpful features that make it easy to use for beginners without any prior knowledge on how they work or how long certain things take.
- Some of the most common features include guides on how long it takes something to cook, recommended temperatures for certain foods, timers to help you keep track of cooking times, and safety features like sensors that turn off the cooker if it gets too hot.
- These are helpful guides for first-time users who want some extra guidance on what they can expect or how to prepare their food before actually starting to cook it.
- You should also consider how much extra water the device requires when in use. The best immersion circulators will only need an inch or two of water at most to cook your food but other models might require more, which can end up spilling over into your kitchen cabinets and cupboards before you know it.
FAQs about a Sous Vide Cooker
1. How do sous vide machines work?
You might be asking yourself this question when you first start looking into buying a sous-vide cookers circulator, and for good reason.
The name itself is somewhat misleading when it comes to how these cookers actually heat up your food instead of just cooking it in an oven or over the stovetop.
When it comes to these cookers, water is the key. All sous vide cookers machines require an ample amount of water heated up to a precise temperature you pick beforehand. Once this water starts to boil or reaches your desired cooking range, it will transfer that heat into the inner cooking chamber where your food is sealed in a bag with added seasonings or marinades.
This method of cooking heats up your food evenly without having to worry about burning the outside or undercooking the inside because it never gets hotter than your ideal temperature.
2. What are some good recipes for sous vide machines?
Since the best sous vide cookers are known for their ability to bring water to precise temps and maintain them, it shouldn’t be difficult to find recipes that are easy to make for beginners.
There are tons of resources online where you can search for the best sous vide recipes anyone will enjoy eating, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sous Vide Pork Chops.
- Sous Vide Gumbo.
- Sous Vide Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
As long as you can seal your food in a plastic bag and follow the recommended cook times, you should have no trouble making anything with a sous vide machine.
3. What foods can you cook with a sous vide machine?
The best sous vide machine should be able to handle anything that will fit inside of its water tank. This means any food from chicken breasts to salmon fillets will cook evenly without the risk of undercooking or overcooking.
Here are some popular foods people use with these machines:
- Meats, like steak and pork chops.
- Seafood like salmon and shrimp.
Most sous vide cookers are also great at making homemade baby food or freezer meals that can be easily reheated for dinner. This is because there’s no risk of overcooking your food since the water in the cooker is always at the same temperature.
4. How do you store sous vide machine?
Just because these devices are known for keeping your food heated to an exact cooking range doesn’t mean you can just leave them plugged in all of the time. Just like any other electrical device, it’s important to keep your sous vide cooker stored in a dry location at room temperature.
If you don’t plan to use it for a while, make sure to wipe down the inside of the cooking chamber and keep it covered with its lid. This will help prevent dust or other debris from getting caught inside while it’s not in use.
5. How do you clean a sous vide machine?
Cleaning a sous vide cooker is a lot easier than you might think. Since there are no hot surfaces or open flames, the only part of the device that needs to be cleaned regularly is the water tank.
To do this all you need to do is wipe down the inside with a damp cloth and some dish soap. If there’s any leftover food inside, you can use a soft-bristled brush or cotton swab to clean it out.
After you’ve used your sous vide machine, don’t forget to discard the water in the tank and let it dry before storing it away for later use. This will help prevent any bacteria from growing inside that you can’t see.
Conclusion for 17 Best Sous Vide Cooker Reviews
The best sous vide machines are easy to use and make cooking convenient. This is why they are becoming very popular in restaurants around the world. Once you start using one of these cookers, you might never want to go back to your old ways of doing things in the kitchen.
Thank you for reading our 12 best sous vide cooker reviews and buyers guide. We hope it helped you find a model that suits your needs. If not, we have included links to other models in the market below.
It’s always good to do research before making a purchase decision because there are many factors to consider when choosing a cooking device like power, size of the container, or flavor profiles available on different models. So please take some time now to check out what is available from these options and learn more about which one would be most useful for your kitchen today! Buy now the best Sous Vide Cookers we have shared above for a great experience.