Portable infrared grills are a great way to cook food quickly and easily. These types of grill come in many different sizes, from small portable models all the way up to large outdoor versions that can accommodate more than one person at once. Unlike gas or charcoal fires which use heat as their source material. These fun little devices work by radiating whatever it is you’re cooking into your meal instead so they’ll be done faster too.
Some portable infrared grills are worth the money while some don’t live up to their expectations. Some may have high prices and poor performance, so you need to make sure before purchasing one that will be good enough for yourself.
Are you in the market for a new grill? If so, you may be wondering if a portable infrared grill is the right choice for you. In this blog post, we will provide a detailed review of the six best portable infrared grills on the market. We will also discuss the pros and cons of using a portable infrared grill and offer some tips for how to choose the best one for your needs.
List of 6 Best Portable Infrared Grills Reviews
1. Smokeless Grill Portable Infrared Grill with Virtually ZERO SMOKE
- Infrared technology allows you to grill indoors all year round without the smell of smoke polluting your home. The consistent temperature range is 446°F and prevents cold spots or flare-ups, so it’s easy on both cookers as well as indoor air quality.
- The exterior is always cool, as it has a drip tray that catches fat and oils when they fall from the heating elements. This helps avoid smokey splatters on your food! In addition to this Advanced, Infrared Technology will deliver healthier delicacies without any pesky flames or carcinogens in their place.
- This grill delivers the optimal temperature for grilling, and you can even use it to cook food straight from frozen. It features a big bonus of evenly-cooked results that are tender on the inside with BBQ style marks.
- The large nonstick surface can fit 4 large steaks, 6 burgers, or 8 chicken fillets. Enjoy flawless grilling without charcoal or propane tanks-just plugin and start cooking your favorite food. The Indoor BBQ Grilled taste is like no other; get it while you still have room on that plate (pun intended).
- The new gill is not just thin and sleek, it’s powerful too! With its easy cleanup features like dishwasher-safe parts or nonstick surfaces, this kitchen appliance will have you excited about taking your latest purchase on vacation with ya.
2. Char-Broil 463655621 Performance Portable Infrared Grill, Metallic Gray
- This grill features 310 square inches of primary cooking space on durable porcelain-coated, rust-resistant, and easy-to-clean steel grates. The warming rack is the perfect size for side dishes or buns.
- The TRU-Infrared cooking technology ensures that your food won’t stick to the pan, even when it’s being cooked at high heat. With this feature there are also reduced flare-ups which can happen with other types of appliances due in part to their use on flammable materials like gas grills often have access doors for convenient storage space during off-hours or if you don’t want anything spilling out into its path while running low.
- Get the perfect mix of efficiency and convenience when you use our side shelves. With electronic ignition for fast, reliable burner lighting at your fingertips as well as convenient storage options like gear Trax enabled compartments that fold down when not in use – this grill will take all of your cooking needs on the go.
- The stainless steel burners of this range offer long-lasting performance and emit flames from the top for even heat with no hot or cold spots.
- The durable porcelain-coated grease pan can be removed for easy cleaning and the inside temperature of your grill is easily monitored with this handy lid-mounted gauge.
- The addition of the EZ Clean everything Skiff allows you to quickly and easily clean up any mess that your deck or patio may have. The four heavy-duty casters are capable enough for even wet surfaces, making this boat portable as well.
3. Char-Broil 463370719 Portable Infrared Grill, Stainless Steel
- The Char-Broil 463370719 Portable Infrared Grill is your backyard professional. The stainless steel finish is both stylish and durable, while the TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups and cooks food evenly. With 450 square inches of primary cooking space, this grill is perfect for most cookouts.
- The porcelain-coated grates are easy to clean and rust-resistant, making upkeep a breeze. Plus, the reliable push-to-start electronic ignition ensures that you’ll be up and grilling in no time. And don’t forget the swing-a-way warming rack – perfect for keeping food warm while you’re finishing up dinner.
4. Solaire SOL-EV17A Everywhere Portable Infrared Grill, Stainless Steel
- Grill like a pro with the Solaire SOL-EV17A Everywhere Portable Infrared Grill. This top-of-the-line grill is made with ceramic and stainless steel and features an electronic push-button ignition. With 140 square inches of grilling area, this grill is perfect for cooking up six 4-inch burgers at once.
- The v-grate design improves flavor and virtually eliminates flareups, while the included carrying case makes it easy to take your grill on the go. Weighing just 15 pounds, this grill is lightweight and portable, making it perfect for any outdoor activity.
5. Dutton 2-in-1 Portable Infrared Grill | Efficient Heating Element
- Looking to cook up some delicious barbecue goodness? Look no further than the Dutton 2-in-1 Portable Infrared Grill! Featuring a rapid heating element, this grill can hit temperatures of up to 1500°F in minutes – perfect for cooking up that juicy steak or rack of ribs.
- And with its portable design, you can use it anywhere – whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue party or cooking on a camping trip. Plus, thanks to its quick and easy cleanup, getting your grill all spick and span is a breeze. So don’t wait any longer – grab yourself a Dutton 2-in-1 Portable Infrared Grill today.
6. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Infrared Grill
- The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Infrared Grill is the perfect traveling grill. It’s roadworthy and built to travel easy, with a cast aluminum firebox and lid, dual stainless steel latches, and temp gauge.
- The high-impact frame includes legs and carry handles, making it easy to take with you wherever you go. The TRU-Infrared cooking system ensures no flare-ups, while the 200 square inch stainless steel grilling grate cooks your food to perfection.
Tips and guide to buying the best Portable Infrared Grill
This is a list of the top gas portable infrared grills. These handy little devices can be used in any home, but they each offer something different that might make it worth considering for your next purchase and cooking needs.
Ease of Use
One of the first things you should consider when looking for a new Portable Infrared Grill is how easy it will be to use. If you struggle using equipment like this, then it’s important that whatever infrared portable gas grill you choose has easy-to-use controls and can be assembled quickly. Typically speaking, most models come partially assembled with only minimal assembly required. Making it simple to use right out of the box.
Smokeless Infrared Flame
The best portable infrared grills are designed to minimize smoke and maximize flavor. This is due to their unique design which utilizes heat rays instead of flames like traditional gas grills require, so they create very little smoke during cooking. This feature makes them a great choice for those with respiratory issues, as well as those who want to cook outdoors but don’t like the smoke from traditional grills.
Size and Portability
When looking for a new grill, you should also consider how large it is and whether or not it’s portable. Portable infrared grills come in many different sizes and this can be an important factor to consider if you don’t have a lot of storage space or you plan on taking your grill with you on camping trips or to other outdoor events.
Number of Burners
The number of burners on a portable infrared grill can also be important. If you plan on cooking for large groups, then it’s best to choose one with at least two or three burners. This allows you to cook meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods at the same time for an all-inclusive meal.
Source of Energy
The source of energy is another important factor to consider when choosing a new grill. Gas and wood are the two main sources, with gas being readily available almost everywhere. Portable infrared grills that use wood can be harder to find and you might need to order them online or search at your local hardware store for one that has an adequate supply. Portable infrared grills that use propane are the most popular and the easiest to find.
The BTU rating of a grill is an important factor as well. Higher BTUs allows for faster cooking and more consistent results. Typically, portable infrared grills have between 6000 and 12000 BTUs to cook with, so they should be sufficient for most people. You can also adjust the temperature on some models which allows you to achieve even lower or higher BTUs, as needed.
FAQs about a Portable Infrared Grill
What are the benefits of using a portable infrared grill?
There are many benefits to using a portable infrared grill, including easy assembly and use, minimal smoke production, and even heat distribution. These grills are also great for cooking with indirect heat, which is ideal for slow-roasting meats or fish.
How do you use a portable infrared grill?
Portable infrared grills work with the same concept as traditional gas grills, which means they require propane for cooking. However, these grills don’t function like traditional burners and they won’t emit smoke or flames while cooking as most conventional outdoor appliances do. These types of grills emit infrared rays that cook your food from the outside-in, instead of cooking it from the inside-out as most grills do.
Can you grill any food with a portable infrared grill?
Yes, these grills are versatile enough to cook whatever type of food you desire. Whether you’re looking for a juicy steak or fresh fish, this type of grill can be used to create most types of outdoor foods. You can also use it for grilling vegetables, sandwiches, and just about anything else you can think of.
Is it easy to clean up after grilling with a portable infrared grill?
Yes, these types of grills are designed to be minimalistic and easy to use. This makes them ideal for camping trips or outdoor events where you might need to put your grill away in the storage van at the end of the day. These grills also have porcelain-coated cooking grates that make them easy to clean with just a damp cloth.
What kind of fuel does a portable infrared grill use?
Most portable infrared grills use propane as their main source of energy, while others might use wood or charcoal. If you’re looking for a grill that is easy to transport and doesn’t require a lot of setups, then a propane-powered grill is your best option. However, if you’re looking for an authentic grilling experience that uses real wood or charcoal, then you might want to consider a grill that uses those types of fuel.
Now that you’re aware of the various factors involved in choosing a new grill, it’s important to remember to consider your own unique cooking needs. If you want a portable option for outdoor grilling at home, on the road, or even on your next camping trip, then a portable infrared grill is an excellent choice.
Most models are easy to use, require minimal setup, and allow you to easily adjust the temperature. Portable infrared grills are also great for cooking up all types of foods, including vegetables, meats, and other summer favorites. It’s just important to remember that some models may use different fuels than others so you should be aware of your options before making any purchase decisions.
When it comes to finding the best portable infrared grill, there are a lot of options out there. Our team has done all the hard work for you and we’ve analyzed six grills in-depth so that you can find what is right for your needs without wasting time or money on trial and error. We hope this article helps you narrow down which one is right for you! If not, be sure to check out our other blog posts about outdoor cooking equipment like BBQ smokers and pellet fuel-powered models as well. What’s your favorite type of food? Tell us below in the comments section – we’d love to hear from you.