Pizza pans come in many different materials, with the most common being aluminum. Iron and steel are more heavy-duty options that can last for years to come. However, they do not conduct heat as quickly or evenly compared to other choices on offer like stainless steel or cast iron which both have their benefits depending upon your usage scenario. Think about what type of cooking you plan at home often so you know who’s best suited.
Pizza pans are an often overlooked kitchen accessory that can make your life much easier – especially when it comes to making homemade pizza. Not only do they provide a great non-stick surface for baking, but they also help you achieve the perfect crust. If you’re looking for a way to up your game in the kitchen, don’t miss out on these 11 best pizza pans.
- 1 What’s a Pizza Pan?
- 2 List of 11 Best Pizza Pans Reviews
- 2.1 1. T-fal Airbake Nonstick Pizza Pan, Set of 2, 12.75″ and 15.75
- 2.2 2. G & S Metal Products Company ProBake Teflon Nonstick Pizza Pan, 12″, Charcoal
- 2.3 3. Maxi Nature Pizza Pan Set of 2 – Non-Stick Baking
- 2.4 4. LloydPans Kitchenware 16×12 Inch Grandma Style Pizza Pan
- 2.5 5. Farberware Insulated Nonstick Bakeware 15.5-Inch Round Pizza Pan
- 2.6 6. AirBake Nonstick Pizza Pan, 15.75 in
- 2.7 7. Cuisinart 4 Piece Pizza Pan Set, Mini, Steel Gray
- 2.8 8. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Pizza Pan, 15 Inch
- 2.9 9. Home-Complete Store Cast Iron Pizza Pan-14” Skillet for Cooking
- 2.10 10. Amazon Basics Non-Stick Pizza Pan, 15-Inch
- 2.11 11. Chicago Metallic Deep Dish Pizza pan, 14-Inch diameter
- 3 Tips and guide to buying the best Pizza Pan
- 4 Tips for using your Pizza Pan
- 5 FAQs about a Pizza Pan
- 6 Conclusion for the Best Pizza Pan
What’s a Pizza Pan?
Pizza pans are baking trays of varying materials used to cook pizza in your oven. They’re usually dark metal trays with an edge around the perimeter to keep the pizza crust from sliding off during cooking. These come in all shapes and sizes, but most have a depth of about one inch or so to aid in heat distribution. You can use these without parchment paper for less clean-up, but you might want to add them when using them for other purposes like roasting vegetables, etc.
Pizza pans can be used to cook almost any kind of dough or batter that you might want to bake. One common example is cookie dough, which tends to bark and stick when baked on a stone. Baking cookies on trays usually makes it easier for them to slide off the edge with an offset spatula such as this one.
List of 11 Best Pizza Pans Reviews
1. T-fal Airbake Nonstick Pizza Pan, Set of 2, 12.75″ and 15.75
- For crispier crusts and less cook time, get the T-fal Airbake Nonstick Pizza Pan. These pans feature perforated technology that not only provides even heating for a more evenly cooked crust but also makes reaching any part of your pizza easy.
- The micro domes help to speed up the cooking process and reduce bake time by up to 15%. You can transfer your pie from one rack of oven space to another without losing heat or having it fall through the racks with these top racks. They’re also dishwasher safe for quick cleanup so you won’t have too much fuss on Thanksgiving.
2. G & S Metal Products Company ProBake Teflon Nonstick Pizza Pan, 12″, Charcoal
- The ProBake Nonstick 12-inch Pizza Pan is perfectly sized for a medium pizza. Ideal if you’re looking to make your own personal pie or just want something tasty that won’t leave an impression on the cleanliness scale.
- The ProBake Nonstick 12-inch Pizza Pan is coated with a Teflon Xtra nonstick finish to make it an ideal surface for high performance. This ensures that you can use this pan often without worrying about the wear and tear of everyday cooking, making it perfect in any kitchen.
- No need to use cooking oils or greasy substances when baking with this pan. The nonstick coating makes cleaning up quick and easy, so you don’t have to worry about getting the dish spatula dirty while trying to notate off your work for another day.
- The Pan weighs a hefty 10 pounds and can withstand high heated food. The professional weight steel construction ensures even heating, which makes for perfect baking results every time.
3. Maxi Nature Pizza Pan Set of 2 – Non-Stick Baking
- Dreaming of crispy pizzas served in restaurants? Now you can make one at home. This pizza pan with holes to distribute uniform heat for perfectly round and delicious, yet healthy pizzas that your whole family will enjoy. The rolled edges do not let the cheese spillover or burn which prevents them from getting soggy when enjoyed right off of a baking sheet onto paper plates after being topped however we encourage this customer to save some room because these aren’t just food – they’re memories too so don’t forget dessert.
- This pizza tray is perfect for those who want a hassle-free dining experience. With its nonstick coating, the loaded cheese will slide right off without leaving any dough behind on your plate or in between slices.
- This pan is perfect for those looking to make a crispy pizza at home. The dishwasher-safe surface makes it easy and quick, while oven safety means you can cook up all of your favorite foods.
- This steel and aluminum proofing pan is built to last. It’s sturdy, durable with a heavy-duty exterior that won’t bend or twist on use. The nonstick surface makes for easy cleanup in even the most difficult of circumstances while also being scratch-resistant so your cookware will retain its shine longer than ever before too.
4. LloydPans Kitchenware 16×12 Inch Grandma Style Pizza Pan
- The ultimate in durability, this Pre-Seasoned Tuff Kote (PSTK) coating is permanent and metal utensil safe. It’s easy to bake with or clean for maintenance too.
- This pan is the best choice for home ovens and restaurants. It can also be used in commercial kitchens, pizza chains, or any other food service establishment where a durable metal tray with raised edges might otherwise do the trick.
- The nesting, heavy 14 gauge aluminum makes it faster than steel pans to cook food and you can get a professional tone of voice when describing how well these pans work.
- The thick, flat-rimmed edge on these pans makes them perfect for commercial use where appearance isn’t as important. The thermal shock-resistant material keeps food from getting stuck in between cracks or joints while the long-lasting durability will help you avoid scratching your pots.
5. Farberware Insulated Nonstick Bakeware 15.5-Inch Round Pizza Pan
- This pan Insulated Bakeware features double pans that maintain an air pocket and distribute heat more evenly for beautiful baking results.
- With its heavy-duty carbon steel rolled rim construction, the oven is resistant to warping and great for even baking. The heated air pockets promote perfect browning from edge to center with a perfectly baked cookie.
- The 15-1/2 inch pizza pan is the perfect way to make a delicious pie for your friends and family. It features high performance, so it will give you great results every time. Plus cleanup couldn’t be easier because all of its surfaces are made from durable nonstick material that cleans up quickly with no food residue left behind whatsoever.
- You can cook a pizza in the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, but you have to be careful. The Farberware Insulated Bakeware collection includes pans that are suited for both stovetop and oven use so your options will never run out.
6. AirBake Nonstick Pizza Pan, 15.75 in
- It’s pretty simple- finding a pizza pan that is not only nonstick but perforated to allow even heating of the crust, creating a perfectly crisp pizza. The AirBake Pizza Pan from T-fal is 15.75 inches and fits most standard-size round pans.
- It has a handy measurement guide so you can see the exact amount you need for your favorite recipe or store-bought dough. You’ll never have a soggy crust again with this incredible invention. Made in the USA.
- When it comes to cooking up a delicious homemade pie, technology-wise we’re on top of our game too with our Induction cooktops. With cutting-edge induction cooking technology from KitchenAid, getting those unbaked pizzas into the oven.
7. Cuisinart 4 Piece Pizza Pan Set, Mini, Steel Gray
- With cooking times shortened, these bright pans will become an integral part of any kitchen. Crafted to last, all four pieces are nonstick for easy release and cleanup.
- And made with one of the most durable metals on earth-heavy gauge steel. They’ll hold up against whatever your family (or anyone’s family) throws at them. You’ll be thinking about making pizza tonight after you put this set to use.
- (Brownie Babies Deep Dish Cookie Sheet) Large enough for brownies, fitted just right for babycakes. Nonstick coating coats all its edges so baking sheets never warp because it’s too thin or too heavy, to begin with. This versatile sheet does double duty as a cookie pan.
8. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Pizza Pan, 15 Inch
- OXO Good Grips brings you their newest line of non-stick bakeware. The Bakeware easily wipes clean, making it perfect for cooking delicious dishes without the added hassle. The heavy-grade aluminized steel ensures top quality, even baking with no need to worry about material wear and tear.
- With a commercial-grade PTFE coating, these pans are super durable. They’re well suited for savory or sweet foods. You can use them in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, dishwasher safe, and freezer safe. OXO does it again by finding ways to simplify our lives through thoughtful design.
9. Home-Complete Store Cast Iron Pizza Pan-14” Skillet for Cooking
- This pan is constructed from sturdy and durable cast iron, which will survive tough wear and tear. It’s perfect for anyone who needs an item that can stand up against their busy lifestyle; this one here should be yours.
- You can use this handy skillet in the oven, on the stovetop, or grill. It’s perfect for when you don’t want to take time away from your dinner party but still need fresh dishes.
- A 14″ skillet is the perfect tool to make any meal. It can be used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because it has such versatility. Use it in your kitchen today with various foods like pizza or eggs, you’ll love how versatile this pan really is when cooking up some delicious recipes that are sure to satisfy hunger without leaving anyone hungry afterward.
- A long-lasting and convenient multi-purpose pan is an excellent gift for birthdays, holidays, or any occasion. Your foodie friends will love this cast iron pizza pan.
10. Amazon Basics Non-Stick Pizza Pan, 15-Inch
- Prepare your favorite pizza for dinner with the durable and reliable 15-inch Petra Basics Non-stick Pizza Pan. This long-lasting pan is constructed from BPA-free carbon steel, perfect for making crispy crusts that are effortless to remove from this nonstick coating.
- With its generous side handles, you can have a firm grasp of the hot pan when moving it around your kitchen without ever burning a finger thanks to secure hold.
- The oven-safe material instructions allow you to cook pizzas at 428 degrees F so use oven mitts if handling during or after cooking times. Hand-washing is recommended by gently wiping dry with a paper towel between meals as dish soap will wear down the non-stick property too quickly.
11. Chicago Metallic Deep Dish Pizza pan, 14-Inch diameter
- This Chicago Metallic Deep Dish Pizza Pan makes it possible to create that perfect ‘Chicago-style deep dish pizza, cookie pie or stuffed pasta at home in your own oven.
- Chicago Metallic’s deep dish pizza pan is made from heavy-duty carbon steel for strength and durability. It has a long history of baking excellence, dating back to the 1930s when it was first used in restaurants across America.
- Chicago Metallic Bakeware is perfect for any baker. The easy-release surface ensures that your cookies will come out of the pan easily, while also being silicone-based. There’s no need to worry about cleaning up because this product has a non-stick coating which makes cleaning up stress-free and quick too.
- The deep-dish pizza pan measures 14″ in diameter and 1.5 high, making it perfect for feeding an army or just you. Its durable stainless steel construction makes this product both stylish as well as long-lasting. Hand washing is recommended to extend its life span which will save on expensive repairs down the road – so hurry up before they’re gone forever.
Tips and guide to buying the best Pizza Pan
Searching for a pizza pan can be overwhelming, but necessary if you want to have the best cooking experience. The size and material of your new tool is just one factor in this decision so here are some more considerations that will help bring clarity as well as make sure it’s compatible with all types or ovens:
Pizza pans come with different cooking surfaces. Some are smooth with little-to-no texture, while others may provide some extra removable resistance with dimples or raised platforms on the bottom. If you want an optimal crust, consider one with a textured surface like the CucinaPro 15-Inch Pizza Pan. This texture allows for maximum airflow and helps produce a crisper crust.
Pizza pans can be made out of several different materials, each providing a unique experience in the kitchen. If you plan on cooking a lot of dough or batter, look into pans that conduct heat wells such as cast iron or carbon steel. Pans created from stainless steel are easy to clean and maintain but do not cook as efficiently when it comes to baking cookies for instance. Aluminum pizza pans tend to have an excellent balance between cost, durability, and ability to distribute heat evenly thanks to their low porosity.
Size is also something you should consider when buying a pizza pan. You can find pans as small as 10 inches or as big as 18 inches. With the smaller one, you might have to cut back on your recipe quantities, but other than that it’s convenient for those who don’t have a large family and just want the option of making single-servings. Bigger pans are more versatile because they let you bake larger batches at once for all your guests or family members without having to cook again shortly after.
Last but definitely not least are the different shapes available for pizza pans. The most common one is the traditional rectangular shape, perfect for making Neapolitan-style pizzas. You can also get square or circular pans if you’re feeling fancy, though these don’t work well in all ovens thanks to their thicker sidewalls that tend to trap in heat instead of helping it circulate evenly around your dish. If you want a square shape without compromising on quality, consider getting an aluminum de Buyer pan with squared ends like this one.
Some pizza pans do not have a built-in handle because the material is heavy enough to make them easy to move or lift. If you want a pan with a handle for more convenience, look into those made from either stainless steel or cast iron. Some of these even come with integrated spouts like this one which makes it easier for portioning out dough and batter.
Nonstick coating is usually applied to the cooking surface of pans, but some go further by adding it to all four sides including the sidewalls. These are perfect if you want an easier time washing afterward since it reduces the likelihood that food will get stuck into hard-to-reach corners or edges.
Avoid pizza pans that have wooden handles. These are more difficult to clean and tend to fall apart over time especially when exposed to heat on a regular basis.
Ease of Cleaning
You should also consider how easy it is to clean your new pizza pan once you’re done using it. Pans with nonstick coatings are very convenient because food tends not to stick to them much in the first place. You can also choose pans made from materials like stainless steel or aluminum which don’t stain easily and are compatible with dishwashers.
Look for one that has a flat surface, but make sure there aren’t any sharp edges in case you accidentally cut yourself while handling the pan in the kitchen.
Tips for using your Pizza Pan
- Preheat your oven to its maximum temperature before you put it in the pan with either oil or pizza dough on it.
- Use a cooking spray with flour if your recipe calls for rolling out the dough and transferring it into the pan which can be difficult when wet.
- To avoid messy accidents, do not attempt to cut cooked dishes inside of a metal pizza pan using a knife since it might get stuck and damage the surface beyond repair.
- Do not stack together multiple pans given their weight, size, and shape. Instead, hang them or store them so they can air dry properly between uses after washing.
- Avoid scratching the surface by using metal utensils for scraping if you need to remove stuck-on food.
- When storing your pizza pan, wrap the handle in a cloth and place it flat at the very bottom of a cabinet or storage container to avoid crimping.
FAQs about a Pizza Pan
What is the best material for a Pizza Pan?
The best material for a pizza pan depends on what you want your dish to be made of. Aluminum and stainless steel pans are both good choices because they can withstand high temperatures without warping which might affect how well they brown your bread or cook your sauce.
What size Pizza Pan should I get?
The size of your pan depends on what you want to use it for. If you just need a basic pizza tray, pick one that can accommodate a 12-inch / 30 cm dish . You can also get a larger one if you often invite over a lot of guests or if you do catering as a side business or hobby.
How do I clean the Pizza Pan?
It’s usually straightforward to clean most pans unless they have particularly rough textures like rough nonstick coatings or perforations all over their surface. Those made from aluminum with smooth surfaces are best cleaned by wiping with paper towels and mild detergents until residues are removed; wait for it to completely dry before putting away in storage after rinsing under running water to remove soap residues.
What is the best Pizza Pan for making crispy pizza?
A pan with perforations all over its surface will help you cook your dish more quickly since it allows hot air to get in and cook your ingredients from all angles. You can also try getting a thick cast iron pan so that heat distributes evenly during baking.
What is the best Pizza Pan for making thin pizza?
If you want to make a thin crust, choosing one with high sidewalls will help trap in heat so that your toppings can cook thoroughly. You can also use an aluminum pan because it conducts heat well and heats up quickly. It’s also good for crispy pizzas because air pockets are formed between the food and metal while baking. However, avoid using too much oil or grease on this type of pan, or else your toppings might get soggy during cooking.
Conclusion for the Best Pizza Pan
In choosing the best pizza pan, take into consideration how you will be using it so that your needs are met perfectly. If you just need a basic tray for a 12-inch / 30 cm dish, then pick one with a flat surface and edge in case you have to transport it. For thicker ones with perforations to achieve crispy crusts, go for aluminum or cast iron pans. Make sure to also invest in something easy to clean because nobody likes scrubbing stuck-on food from messy pizzas.
If you live in the United States and like pizza, then we’ve got some good news for you. You can make your own at home. And it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner with an oven or not because all of our suggested pans are easy to use and affordable. The 11 best pizza pans that will make your life so much easier were just shared above – go ahead and buy one now before they sell out.