The best crepe pan is the one that you are most comfortable with. Although there are many different types of pans out there, this article will focus on some of the best ones available. For those who have no idea what a crepe pan is or how it works, here’s a quick explanation: Crepes are delicate French pancakes made from eggs, flour, and milk. A good crepe pan should be able to cook these pancakes evenly without burning them which makes non-stick coatings very important. Crepes can be eaten alone or used as an ingredient in various recipes such as desserts, salads, and even sandwiches.
Crepe pans are great for making thin, crispy crepes that can be used in many different ways. Some people like to use them on their electric griddles or unique pans with reduced sides because it’s easy to spread out the batter and then flip when you want a new side. They also work well as another flat-surface cookware option, especially if your favorite foods include fried eggs or bacon grease-soaked tortillas.
The key to cooking perfect crepes every time lies in having the right tools for the job which is why we’ve compiled this list of the best crepe pans out there:
- 1 What’s a Crepe Pan?
- 2 List of 10 Best Crepe Pans Reviews
- 2.1 1. Victoria Cast Iron Pizza Crepe Pan, Dosa, Roti Tawa, Budare
- 2.2 2. Nordic Ware Traditional French Steel Crepe Pan, 10-Inch
- 2.3 3. De Buyer Mineral B Crepe Pan
- 2.4 4. Mauviel M’Heritage M150C Crepe Pan 24cm
- 2.5 5. MasterPan Designer Series Non-Stick Cast Aluminum Crepe Pan
- 2.6 6. G&M Kitchen Crepe Pan for Roti, Tortilla, Blintzes – Portable
- 2.7 7. De Buyer – Force Blue – Blue Steel Tortilla & Crepe Pan
- 2.8 8. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Crepe Pan with Rateau and Spatula
- 2.9 9. Cuisinart 623-24 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 10-Inch Crepe Pan
- 2.10 10. Le Creuset Toughened Nonstick Pro Crepe Pan with Rateau, 11″
- 3 Tips and guide to buying the best Crepe Pan
- 4 Tips for using your Crepe Pan
- 5 FAQs about a Crepe Pan
- 6 Conclusion for the Best Crepe Pan
What’s a Crepe Pan?
A crepe pan is a shallow, circular frying pan that has slightly sloping sides. This type of pan allows heat to spread evenly beneath the food and cooks it quickly while giving you easier access when flipping or removing your pancakes. Crepe pans are also known for their distinctive design which includes several small holes punched in the bottom of the pan. These holes make it easy to evenly distribute oil or butter onto the surface of your pancakes so they come out crispy instead of soggy.
There are many different types of crepe pans on the market today but they all fall into one of two categories: cast iron and non-stick coating. Cast iron tends to be heavier than other materials used in cookware which makes it easier to maintain the heat while cooking. This can be advantageous when making crepes because one side will cook faster than the other, but cast iron also increases the risk of burning food.
The non-stick coating is fairly self-explanatory. These Crepe Pans are made with a very smooth surface which reduces friction and allows for easy cleanup after you finish cooking your meal. Non-stick pans are typically coated in Teflon or some similar material that gives them their non-stick properties, but this type of pan is not without its downsides. When exposed to high temperatures, the chemicals in Teflon begin to leach into any foods that are being cooked. Although this process has not been linked to any major health issues yet, many scientists believe that it can slightly increase your risk of developing cancer. When cooking with Teflon pans, it’s important to avoid overheating or burning the pan because this causes rapid discoloration which reduces the effectiveness of the pan’s non-stick properties.
List of 10 Best Crepe Pans Reviews
1. Victoria Cast Iron Pizza Crepe Pan, Dosa, Roti Tawa, Budare
- The cast iron pizza crepe pan is an innovative must-have for every kitchen, foodie, and chef alike. Whether you want to fry some eggs or make a delicious breakfast with bacon pancakes topped with honey maple syrup, this product is up to the task. For lunch try out this favorite pizza recipe.
- Unlike most pans of any material, the pot is pre-seasoned before it leaves this factory, meaning your cooking experience will be better than ever before with no sacrifices made to flavor.
- Get creative at work by using these pans on an induction stovetop, bake your cookies in them; grill meats and veggies even during outdoor parties. The versatile nature of this tool will increase the range of dishes that you can.
2. Nordic Ware Traditional French Steel Crepe Pan, 10-Inch
- At 10″ in diameter with a two-inch deep cooking surface, it is perfect for making any size of crepe. The nonstick interior allows you to easily flip and release delicate foods like eggs without the need for butter or oils that can quickly burn on higher heat settings.
- Perfected over centuries by professional chefs using expensive equipment, this traditional French steel crepe pan is now available to consumers everywhere – and at an incredible price point. Own one and you’ll make the most amazing sandwiches on restaurant-quality mornings.
3. De Buyer Mineral B Crepe Pan
- Are you looking for the perfect, eco-friendly kitchen essential? Look no further! The De Buyer Mineral B Crepe Pan is the pan to cook all your savory dishes. From Eggs Benedict to sausage and bacon, this crepe maker can do it all.
- Cook up delicious meals with ease every time because of its signature beeswax finish to fight against oxidation while helping season the pan properly over time.
- No need for butter or oil either because natural nonstick prevents food from sticking once seasoned just right. Impress your friends with professional quality eggs benedict without being a veteran chef.
4. Mauviel M’Heritage M150C Crepe Pan 24cm
- For the passionate cook, Mauviel is a trusted brand that delivers performance and pleasure. Whether you’re an experienced chef or just bushwa in your kitchen, guaranteed against any manufacturing defects for life.
- With its superior heat conduction, copper is the perfect metal for high-performance cooking. With faster healing rates and more even distribution across all areas of your dish, food will be cooked to perfection in no time.
- Copper and stainless steel are both excellent choices for chefs who want the extra control, speed of cooking with better heating properties. The interior also offers superior taste preservation so you can enjoy nutritious foods during your mealtime.
- M’heritage 150C2 handles are made of high-quality stainless steel and they come in different colors, including silver. These are safe to use on any type of stovetop (gas/electric & halogen) or even in an oven. These also work perfectly with Mauviel’s induction interface disc for either gas stoves which you can buy separately if needed, so no matter what your cooking needs maybe this tool has got you covered.
5. MasterPan Designer Series Non-Stick Cast Aluminum Crepe Pan
- The cast aluminum construction of this pan lets it hold up to high temperatures, while still being able to be easily cleaned. The two-layer nonstick surface makes for easy cleanup and an optimal cooking experience.
- Designers took advantage of the sleek and stylish design to create this knife. The black exterior matches any kitchen, while its soft touch wooden handle is easy on your hands so it’s comfortable for daily use as well.
- The pan is made of tough, durable material that ensures even heating. This means food will cook more efficiently across the surface and there won’t be any hot spots. The no-hassle stick design also makes cleaning easy since you don’t need to worry about spills or stains coming off onto your dishwasher while using it – because who likes scrubbing dishes by hand?
6. G&M Kitchen Crepe Pan for Roti, Tortilla, Blintzes – Portable
- The Non-stick Crepe Maker is the perfect addition to any kitchen. This electric crepe maker has a large 12″ diameter and non-sticks aluminum surface, making it easy for you to make delicious pancakes or griddle breakfasts with ease. The durable design also means that cleanup will be quick too. Simply dust this tool off after every use – all without sacrificing your style thanks to its sleek black finish.
- Crepe makers are a great way to enjoy the taste of France at home. The 1000W/120V with Precise Temperature Control. Your crepe pan is pre-programmed for your desired consistency and flavor, so you can make delicious treats like pancakes or dosa without having any trouble setting it up. Once heated through, an indicator light signals when it’s time to cook those perfect golden browned edges that will have everyone begging for more while enjoying each bite meticulously crafted by this innovative cooking appliance.
7. De Buyer – Force Blue – Blue Steel Tortilla & Crepe Pan
- This blue steel pan is ideal for all your batters, crepes, pancakes, and tortillas. Nonstick surface and effective heat distribution ensure great results every time.
- This French company offers the perfect cooking surface for delicate crepes, caramelizing vegetables, and pan-searing meat with this durable blue steel Crepe Pan.
- Once seasoned during seasoning care instructions following its arrival to you it will take on a natural nonstick finish that’s easy to maintain.
8. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Crepe Pan with Rateau and Spatula
- The colorful, long-lasting exterior of this crepe pan will make any dish stand out. The durable black interior is protected by an enamel surface that requires no seasoning before use which makes cleanup a breeze.
- A comfortable grip with an ergonomic angle is away from direct heat. Dishwasher safe, it can be used in both residential and commercial settings.
- The oven-safe pot holders are a great way to protect your stovetop from scratches and burns while also being able to use any type of cooking surface. Made with durable material, this potholder should last for years without showing too much wear.
- The Authentic French-inspired crepe pan is made of enameled cast iron for even heating. The colorful exterior and black interior will make your breakfast look like it’s straight out an artist’s canvas, while the durable material ensures years’ worth of use without any need to season or maintain.
9. Cuisinart 623-24 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 10-Inch Crepe Pan
- The hard-anodized exterior is dense, nonporous, and highly wear-resistant for extra durability. The tough surface makes this rod a favorite among professionals who need durable equipment with a long-lasting quality that will hold up against just about anything.
- Quantum’s patented nonstick surface is reinforced with titanium, providing healthy and easy-to-clean cooking options.
- In addition to being safe and easy on the stovetop, these pots have a seriously stylish look that will make you proud of your kitchen decor. They’re also stainless steel so they stay cool enough for long cooking sessions.
- This pan is oven safe to 500 F. It’s not induction-ready, but it does have a hard-anodized exterior that makes the surface less porous so you can cook with more confidence on your range or countertop without worrying about food getting burnt.
- You can now have a healthier lifestyle without sacrificing taste or convenience. Quantanium interior, the patented nonstick cooking surface reinforced with titanium is an eco-friendly alternative to polyester that’s safe for both humans and animals alike.
10. Le Creuset Toughened Nonstick Pro Crepe Pan with Rateau, 11″
- The Le Creuset Toughened Nonstick Pro Crepe Pan with Rateau, 11″ is the perfect marriage of performance and beauty.
- Its triple-reinforced PFOA-free surface makes it 4x stronger than its classic nonstick predecessors and ready to take on crepes and quiches alike.
- Want a deliciously browned, seared exterior? The textured interior ensures cooked foods release easily from this pan’s cooking surface while leaving you plenty of room for foolproof maneuvers around the comforts of straight sides and ergonomic handles, features that make this Le Creuset crepe pan not only beautiful but effective too.
Tips and guide to buying the best Crepe Pan
The best crepe pan for your kitchen is one that’s made of quality materials, can handle the weight if you’re making multiple stacks at once without cracking or warping in any way due to its size range on offer from small individuals bowls right up to large casserole dishes. We recommend considering how much space will be taken by this appliance when deciding what type would work well with both budget and convenience considerations too.
Versatility is an important consideration when buying any cookware because it allows you to use your pan for multiple purposes instead of having to buy several different types. Most crepe pans are designed with versatility in mind which means that they work well for making crepes, but can also be used for other related recipes such as omelets or flatbreads.
Although non-stick coating makes crepe pans easier to clean in most cases, you should still consider how difficult it will be the get them fully cleaned after each use. At some point, you might have burnt sugar or cheese on one side of the pan while the other side has only been lightly coated with oil so being able to separate these two parts is very valuable.
As previously mentioned, crepe pans are made from either cast iron or non-stick coating. The weight of the material is an important factor to consider because some individuals may not be able to hold up a large cast iron pan for an extended period of time. The non-stick coating is usually much lighter than even stainless steel (which can also be used in crepe making) so it’s more appropriate for most kitchens with limited counter space.
The size of your new crepe pan will have the biggest impact on the type of recipes you can use it for. If you’re interested in making thin layers full of crispy goodness, then you should look for a small individual bowl that will allow you to create thin crepes that can be rolled for easy consumption. If you’re planning on hosting a large gathering outdoors then consider buying a large crepe pan that can accommodate all of your guests at once.
Care and Maintenance
Last but not least, it is important to consider how easy the crepe pan will be to clean and maintain. Most pans are dishwasher safe so you won’t need to manually scrub or scrape off stuck on pieces of food. However, most non-stick surfaces require some degree of care so they remain fully functional for an extended period of time. This means that you should avoid using metal utensils on your pan because this can damage the coating which will often reduce its effectiveness.
Tips for using your Crepe Pan
- When cooking crepes, you should consider how much space you have available to work with. It’s important to purchase a pan that fits comfortably on your stovetop even when filled to capacity. If you’re considering buying an electric appliance then you will need to ensure that there is enough room left over so it can be easily accessed whenever needed.
- The heat source of choice should be carefully considered before making your purchase because each type has its own benefits and drawbacks which must be taken into consideration. While gas cooktops are more efficient than most other types, they may not always be practical depending on where your kitchen is located in your house. Electric crepe pans are usually much easier to use because they operate at a set temperature which is more consistent than other types of heat sources when cooking crepes.
- Instant crepe makers are becoming more popular because of their convenience and ease of use. However, they can be very expensive if you decide to buy one for your home so consider borrowing one from a friend or family member before purchasing one for yourself.
- The above information should help you make an informed decision about what type of crepe pan would work best in your kitchen. It’s important to remember that the standard does not always apply between models available for sale online and those found at local retailers. This means that it is possible to find a great deal on a used crepe pan but it could also turn out to be a huge waste of money due to poor reviews left by previous buyers.
FAQs about a Crepe Pan
How do I clean my Crepe Pan?
Crepe pans usually do not require extensive maintenance depending on how often you use them and the materials they were constructed using. If you are using a non-stick coating then it is best to avoid using any type of metal utensil or scrubbing pad because this can damage the surface. It is important to clean the pan immediately after use so burnt bits of food can be easily removed. Avoid filling your crepe pan with water when it is hot and always remember to dry it thoroughly before storing it away for future use.
Can I use my Crepe Pan on an induction cooktop?
Yes, but if your crepe pan is large then you should consider purchasing a compatible pancake griddle because it will be much easier to work with. It is usually best to search online for the specific details of how your specific model should be used with this type of heat source.
What are the different kinds of Crepe Pans?
The most common types are stainless steel, non-stick coated, and cast iron. Stainless steel models are usually initially less expensive to purchase but they require more maintenance over time as parts begin to wear out and replacements must be purchased. Non-stick surfaces can be very helpful when cooking because food does not need as much oil or butter as it would on a standard surface model. Cast iron crepe pans will give you even heating across the entire surface which is perfect for making large batches of crepes.
How do I season my Crepe Pan?
It will usually take some time before your new crepe pan requires seasoning depending on how often you plan to use it and what materials it is made from. If you’re using stainless steel then avoid using any type of metal utensils or scrubbing pads because this can damage the surface over time. Cast iron cookware, such as the one’s available sale at Vintage Ironworks, will require a different type of seasoning than stainless steel and this process will be explained in the product’s instruction manual.
What is the best way to season my Crepe Pan?
Seasoning can be done using any type of fat such as butter, vegetable oil, or shortening. It is also possible to get away with using lard but this can produce a strong odor that may not appeal to everyone. Apply heat to your crepe pan on medium-high and rub the entire surface of the pan vigorously with whatever form of fat you decide on until it begins looking dry and pasty. This should only take a few moments but do not forget that cast iron cookware does require more time for proper seasoning before use.
Conclusion for the Best Crepe Pan
It is important to make an informed purchase based on the above information for safety reasons and because there are thousands of different crepe pans on sale these days. Any non-stick coating can be easily damaged over time if you do not know the proper way to clean it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Purchasing a cast iron crepe pan will save you money in some ways but it requires more pre-use preparation than other types. There are some models available which also come with their own individual griddle so they can be used both at one time depending on your specific cooking needs. At this point, knowing what type of material your model is created using should help towards making your final decision.
The crepe pan is one of the most basic cooking tools in any kitchen. It not only makes it possible to make a variety of different foods but also allows for even heat distribution and easy cleanup. All these features are important when you want to cook up something delicious fast. We hope that our reviews have helped you find the best products on today’s market. Now go ahead buy your favorite model with confidence knowing that we stand behind every product featured here 100%.