If you are looking for an outdoor pizza oven, then rest assured that there is one to fit everyone’s needs. Whether it be something more specialized or just enjoying cooking with homemade noodles on occasion, this product will have what you’re craving.
If you want to make the best pizza, Outdoor Pizza Ovens are what you need. They come in different sizes and shapes – some sit over your grill while others can be powered by wood or gas. The heavy-duty countertop versions function similarly as a focal point for a backyard cooking area where quick preheating periods combined with insanely fast cleaning skills will impress even your most finicky customers.
If you love pizza and live for summertime, then it is time to invest in the best outdoor pizza oven. The best pizzas are cooked at extremely high temperatures and can be made by anyone with a backyard or patio space. What makes these 9 ovens so good? Well, they all have unique features that will make them stand out from the competition. So read on to find out more about these popular appliances and how they compare against each other.
What is the Outdoor Pizza Oven?
The outdoor pizza oven is an oven that has been built to maintain high temperatures which are able to produce great pizzas in just a few minutes. These ovens are made of different materials and perform differently – some sit on top of your grill while others can be powered by wood or gas. The heavy-duty countertop versions function similarly as a focal point for a backyard cooking area where quick preheating periods combined with insanely fast cleaning skills will impress even your most finicky customers.
You need an outdoor pizza oven when you love pizza and live for summertime! It’s not often that this type of appliance comes up in conversation, which is too because the best pizzas are cooked at extremely high temperatures and can be made by anyone with a backyard or patio space.
Pizzas are not the only thing that will come out of your new oven. This is because they also work well for bread, bagels, cookies, rolls, and more. The next thing to consider when looking to buy one is size. Some are larger than others so make sure it fits perfectly on your countertop or in your yard before purchasing. What you choose will depend on how much cooking experience you have. If you’re just starting out, then something basic like the HearthKit Pizza Oven would probably be best for you while someone who has been grilling for years should go for a more advanced version.
List of 9 Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens Reviews
1. Ooni Pro UU-PO8100 Outdoor Pizza Oven, Multicoloured
- The Ooni Pro is the ideal outdoor grill for hosting summer barbeques with friends and family. Deep enough to hold your favorite pizza dough, you’ll be able to prep in minutes what takes hours when using an oven or stovetop.
- You will also impress your guests with this unique cookware that has practicality in mind; it’s lightweight and accommodates most standard-sized kitchen pans.
- For control freaks like us here at Ooni, there are four temperature zones allowing you to precisely cook different types of goods (including veggies) all at once. Sit back and enjoy an ice-cold drink while you get things done around the house – cooking pizzas could not get any easier than this.
2. Ooni Karu 12 – Multi-Fuel Outdoor Pizza Oven
- The Karu 12 is a pizza cooker that will make your next backyard gathering an event to remember. This revolutionary cooking machine heats up in 15 minutes and reaches over 950°F, making it possible for you or even guests who haven’t tried authentic stone-baked pizzas before can enjoy them with ease.
- The Ooni Karu 12 pizza oven is a powerful tool for people who want to cook pizzas at home. It has an innovative design that maximizes airflow and delivers intense flame, making it easy to maintain ultra-high temperatures with load-up options of real wood or charcoal; no excess ash means cleaner results every time.
- The 26.4lbs outdoor pizza oven is perfect for home use, with its small size making it easy to move around but still having all the power and heat of a larger wood-fired oven.
- It’s time to level up your pizza game with one of Ooni’s most popular ovens and learn how you can become a true master – or discover that even if cooking is not in the cards just yet, at least all ingredients will be cooked evenly because we have cast iron cookware.
3. Ooni UU-P06A00 Koda 12 Outdoor Pizza Oven, Black
- This Ooni Pizza oven can cook 13” pizzas and is perfect for outdoor cooking. While it cooks, the insulated steel shell retains heat to make use of less fuel on more meals. The cooking dial is easy to navigate – you just turn it up or down until your pizza reaches desired preference of crispiness.
- As with all Ooni products, high flame heating means higher heat in 15 minutes’ time with an included lighting device you can use outside without any additional tool.
4. Ooni 16 Koda Outdoor Pizza Oven, Silver
- Stay outdoors all year round with an Ooni 16 Koda outdoor pizza oven silver. Take a bite into that taste of home cooking while making the most out of any summer day. With no need for power, just connect to gas and get ready for your next party or family gathering outside.
- This 540 degrees Fahrenheit machine can handle anything from pizzas to meats and other dishes because at home you can mix up your menu in ways that might not be so feasible in conventional ovens.
- The exterior is made with outstanding durability while still maintaining elegance, perfect for both inside and outside spaces alike. Bring out anyone’s culinary imagination so they never have to run back inside again.
5. Ooni Fyra 12 Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven
- An American family tradition is turned into a backyard cooking sensation with the Ooni Fyra pizza oven. This revolutionary new design will have you baking in just 60 seconds and reaching 950°F (500 °C), so all your guests can enjoy authentic stone-baked Neapolitan-style pizzas right before their eyes.
- The Ooni Fyra 12 is a portable pizza oven fueled by wood pellets! It’s the proud successor to our previous model, which was the world’s first and remains an industry favorite. Now selling outdoor units in over 50 countries around- come join us for delicious coal-fired goodness that will have your mouth watering from across the room before it even touched down onto this page with its aroma.
- The Ooni Fyra 12 portable outdoor countertop pizza oven has been designed to be easy-to-use, lightweight, and transportable. With foldable legs for compact storage or quick transfer into position on-site, this magnificent machine will allow you to take your perfect pizzas anywhere.
- The Ooni Fyra 12 is the perfect indoor grill for anyone who’s tired of using their oven or microwave to cook food. With its powder-coated carbon steel shell, this smoker has optimal heat retention that combined with wood pellets will result in an extraordinary cooking experience – maximum burn time and minimal energy waste.
6. Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven Bundle
- Cook like the Pros with Pizza King’s Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven Bundle. Purchase our package deal which includes all of your cooking needs – including. The Bertello Outdoor Brick Oven, gas burner attachment, pizza peel and sturdy wood tray for your gas burner. Cook at over 900 degrees Fahrenheit (500 Celsius) with this authentic oven made to bake the perfect brick oven pie.
- It boasts a wide 12.5″ x 13.5″ surface that will allow you to indulge in delicious freshly crafted pizzas just like Italians do every day. The ease of using the Bertello is unmatched as it heats quickly and prepares various types of doughs evenly for an overall unforgettable experience.
7. ROCCBOX Gozney Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
- The ultimate pizza oven for those who love a deep, crisp crust. Reach high temperatures of over 932ºF to give you the best balance between thin base and perfectly puffed up charred artisanal style with this portable fire-baked stone model that can heat as fast as it cooks.
- With a built-in thermometer, retractable legs, and detachable dual fuel burners, Roccbox is easy to transport from one camping spot or backyard party. Just click the switch on this cool box that comes equipped with everything you need for cooking outdoors – including plenty of storage space inside its durable zinc diecast lid.
- Gozney Roccbox offers the best of both worlds with its gas and wood fire options. With everything included in one package, you can enjoy a relaxing night on your patio this summer.
- The Roccbox is a family-friendly oven because of the insulation and outer silicone skin. This reduces any danger from burns that could be inflicted on your hands by metal-bodied units, making it safe to use for all sorts.
8. U-MAX Outdoor Pizza Oven Wood Fired
- When you need the best, get a pan made from high-grade steel material. It will ensure more even heat delivery while cooking. The powder-coated surface does not only offer protection against corrosion and wear but also makes for an elegant design that’s long-lasting too.
- With a 12 x 12 inches ceramic pizza stone provided to put on the first level, your BBQ can reach temperatures up to 700°F within 20-30 minutes and keep it heated evenly. The enamel wires under oven stones may also be used directly with other food like stakes or meats for safety reasons. There is about 139 sq inch total cooking area which works great as an outdoor stovetop too.
- The portable design of the grill means you can easily move it around your garden or patio. The two big wheels are great for stability on uneven terrain, while also making sure that this countertop type doesn’t get in my way when I’m working outside.
9. BIG HORN Outdoor Pizza Oven Wood Pellet
- Outdoor ovens are great for cooking all types of foods. They’re sturdy and easy to clean, with stainless steel construction that will last you through many pizzas.
- A high-quality, well worth the money pellet pizza oven that will cook your delicious pizzas in 90 seconds or less. It reaches temperatures up to 860°F (450 °C) and cooks everything from steak chops to salmon fillets with ease.
- The innovative, lightweight, and portable pizza oven with folding legs is the perfect tool for your backyard or outdoor cooking needs. It requires little assembly but can still deliver an incredible experience.
- Preheat oven for 18 minutes. Slide in that pizza, turn it often, and enjoy. The best way to cook with wood pellets is by using a preheated brick or stone oven at around 500 degrees Fahrenheit – but don’t worry if you only have an open fire pit because we got everything else covered here from the type of food (pizza) all the way down to how long it’ll take: just 3 hours on average per pie.
Tips and guide to buying the best outdoor pizza oven
As we just mentioned, you are likely to obtain an outdoor pizza oven once every so often. For that reason, it takes a nice investment. Moreover no matter how much cash You’re willing to spend on one of these points:
To start with, you will discover that pizzas are available in different dimensions. There are small about 14-inches or maybe more huge 32 inch. You’ll have to consider the magnitude of the family members at home before buying Outdoor Pizza Ovens.
The best option would be to purchase a standard-sized 16 inches pizza oven for individuals ranging from 4 to 8 people. Also, because you can cook various kinds of foodstuff in it so there is much better because it can serve all your needs within one space rather than having two separate appliances at home. Materials
Material is amongst the most crucial aspects of any oven. You’ll get two or three types of materials that may be used in making pizza ovens. The very best choice might be the clay tile since it creates better tasting pizzas than metal and stone ovens because it retains heat perfectly, maintains uniform temperature distribution, and conducts a good degree of heat to the dough. It is a lot more expensive in comparison with other resources but a whole lot much less expensive in comparison to commercial pizza ovens.
As you’re going to use this product outside It’s vital that you can find some security features on it for example anti-theft locking mechanism, an auto-stop feature that will shut down the machine if not are currently any finished goods inside. It’d be good if you find one that has a timer to time the pizza just in case it’s not possible for you to keep constant contact with this oven. The last thing you need is after pizzas are finished, they will melt or perhaps burn.
It’s highly recommended that you get more information about this oven before purchasing it. You’ll find plenty of the best outdoor pizza oven instruction manuals online for free. The last thing you need is to buy an oven without any idea on how to use it properly and efficiently.
Today, there are a number of firms that have come up with their own take on outdoor pizza ovens. Prices vary depending upon the size and other characteristics as well as the materials used in building them. Whether you wish to host a party or simply want a gourmet meal for your family, you now know what things to look for when choosing the perfect outdoor pizza oven to meet your needs and budget constraints.
Ease Of Cleaning
Ease of cleaning is another important feature to look for when choosing an outdoor pizza oven, especially if you have kids at home. Since they are designed to be used outdoors, they can get dirty pretty fast. It would be best to choose one that has removable parts so that you can effortlessly remove the dirt and debris before cleaning it with soap and water.
You should also check if the manufacturer included a pouch where you can put all your accessories such as brushes and cloths made specifically for this product. This way, it will be easier for you to clean up after each use without worrying about missing any part later on.
Quality of Pizza
This is probably the most important factor of all when choosing an outdoor pizza oven. There are a lot of factors to consider here including material, temperature, the time it takes to cook, and so on. Of course, you want your family’s favorite pizza dish cooked up perfectly every time, right? More importantly, you don’t want your dough or toppings getting burned along with spots where it’s undercooked just because the temperature was set too high or low.
Another thing to look for in terms of quality is design. If you’re going to use this device outdoors then it would be best if the manufacturer already included rust-resistant materials similar to what they use for commercial grade ovens that can sustain years of heavy-duty usage even in the harshest weather conditions.
The last thing you want is to spend too much on buying an outdoor pizza oven only for it to sit idle after a couple of months because your appliances can handle grilling or baking up your favorite dishes. You might also consider this matter if ever you plan on hosting backyard parties with friends and family more often in the near future. Also, think about how much you’re willing to pay compared with the quality it will offer. It would be best if there’s a good balance between these two factors so that you’ll not only have some extra bucks leftover but still have an efficient cooking tool that can help save some time as well as effort when preparing gourmet meals for your loved ones.
Tips for using your outdoor pizza oven
- Although this product is designed to be used outdoors, it still needs some prepping before heating up the machine. As mentioned earlier, it’s best if you read the instruction manual first before putting your hands on anything. One of the most common mistakes that customers make with these products is not reading through each step properly resulting in poor performance and damage afterward. If you’re one of the lucky few who received a free instruction manual, make sure to read it thoroughly before using your oven.
- When preparing dough for baking or grilling, always pre-heat the machine first – at least 20 minutes prior to putting in anything you’ll be cooking. Preheating can improve baking speed by almost 50%. In addition, it helps provide a better texture and color on the outside while keeping its moisture from escaping quickly.
- Make sure that everything is level when placing anything on top of the outdoor pizza oven’s grate. It’s also important not to overload the appliance by putting too much food at once since this might affect airflow which will result in longer cooking time and uneven heating of ingredients later on. Also, be sure to clean it up after each use.
- Some ovens come with removable parts while others include a cloth that you can use to scrub off any caked-on food or dirt.
- Do season the grilling grate before using it up for the first time. This way, you’ll be able to reduce the sticking of ingredients while speeding up the next heating process because seasoning produces better non-stick results compared to bare metal surfaces. Once done, be sure to always shut down the machine completely after each use even if it’s still hot enough.
- Don’t cut anything into small pieces when placing it in the cooker so that air will circulate properly around different pockets within sliced ingredients which can help speed up cooking time. Also, remember not to cover its top with aluminum foil since this might cause uneven heating of your food.
- When cooking meat, use a meat thermometer so you won’t have to cut into the flesh to check if it’s already ready. This will prevent loss of its natural juices which can accumulate on top of metal sheets once opened for checking.
- If ever there is a fire accident, always remember to keep the door open for at least 20 minutes before putting out flames with water or soil – not with bare hands.
FAQs about an outdoor pizza oven
What else can you cook in an outdoor pizza oven?
As mentioned earlier, you can cook a variety of dishes in this appliance ranging from appetizers, main courses, and even desserts. Since the outdoor pizza oven is made of fireproof materials and usually comes with a grilling grate, except that it has the same functionalities as present indoor ovens only that the latter use electric or gas stoves instead.
Can I use wooden sticks in my outdoor pizza oven?
No. Most appliances from this category are designed to be used with metal grilling skewers instead of wooden ones. This is because the latter produces a lot of smoke when heated up which can affect the quality of your dish in the long run. Also, remember not to use metal spoons or utensils with thin edges since these might easily damage its surface especially if it falls off while cooking inside.
How should I maintain my outdoor pizza oven?
As with any appliances, it is important to regularly check and clean your oven after use. You should also wipe off all surfaces made of metal because these might rust if exposed for too long. Lastly, you need to keep the machine away from any sources of water or moisture since this can damage its internal components which are not weather-resistant. So be sure to store it indoors during bad weather or when you won’t be using it for a longer period of time.
Is an outdoor pizza oven the same as grilling?
No. Outdoor pizza ovens use direct heat just like present indoor stoves which means that ingredients get cooked by absorbing high temperatures released by the fire while present outdoor grills mostly use indirect heat – typically generated by charcoal or propane-fed flames. This usually results in a longer cooking time for the latter but has an even heat distribution, unlike present-day indoor stoves which can cook food unevenly because different ingredients are placed on top of each other.
What is an outdoor pizza oven’s best feature?
You’re probably wondering why you should buy this appliance instead of regular grills or ovens if they all cook dishes using direct heat. Well, the thing that sets apart outdoor pizza ovens from their counterparts is their ability to produce crispy crust – often within just 5 minutes after putting in materials inside the cooker!
This is made possible by its unique design where fire gets trapped inside a metal box once closed so air won’t easily get in or out. It also uses thick sheets of metal to retain heat which allows the appliance to cook food for longer periods of time using less fuel.
Conclusion for the best outdoor pizza oven
By reading through our short guide, you should now have a better understanding of what to expect from an outdoor pizza oven. Buying this appliance will definitely be more convenient compared to going outdoors and buying a wood-fired brick oven which takes a longer time to create.
Whether you’re looking for an Outdoor Pizza Oven that will allow you to make pizzas at home or on the go, we hope this buyer’s guide has given you some ideas of what is out there. We have tried to include all budgets and sizes in our list which should help narrow down your search. If not, please let us know below! Leave your questions, comments, or feedback about the article below so that others can benefit from it as well. Thank you again for reading and good luck with your outdoor cooking adventures.