Solar ovens are a great way to cook your food in an environmentally friendly manner. They require no fuel, and you can use them at home or when camping out on the weekends. Some people say that cooked with solar energy tastes better than any other kind; this could be because slow roasting brings out all of its natural flavors in enjoyable ways.
The idea of cooking with solar power has become more and more popular in recent years. Solar ovens are designed specifically for use at home, on the go, or even while camping; they provide an easy way to prepare your favorite meals even if there’s no electricity available.
There are many reasons to start using solar ovens in your home. You can save money on energy bills, you’ll be more environmentally friendly and cooking foods with a solar cooker is easy. With so many choices available, it can be hard to know which one will work best for you. We’ve done the research and found 7 of the top products on the market today. Read our honest review below to find out what we liked or didn’t like about each one of these solar ovens.
How Solar Oven Operate?
Solar ovens work by using the sun to heat up a container or cooking pan. The heat from this source is then transferred directly to your food. The great thing about them is that they don’t use any other type of fuel, so you can be sure there aren’t any dangerous chemicals in your food when it’s finished cooking.
Most solar ovens are designed with reflectors on the outside; these magnify the amount of sunlight hitting your pan and transfer its energy directly to it for fast, even cooking. They also help keep anything around them nice and cool since they harness light instead of emitting it as an electronic stove would do.
List of 7 Best Solar Ovens Reviews
1. Sunflair Portable Solar Oven Deluxe with Complete Cookware
- The sun’s energy is harnessed to cook food, bake cookies, and more. It can be used for everything from drying herbs to cooking pizza in an instant. The versatile oven setup does not require any assembly at all which makes it easy enough that even non-tech savvy people will have no problem using them on their own homes today with just a few simple steps needed before their ready use as soon as you get home after work or school each day.
- Everything included starting cooking, including 1 solar oven thermometer and 2 heat-conducting/baking trays. You’ll also get two silicone pots that can be used on top of an open fire or used in place of glass ones when campfire frying food – perfect for making your own low.
- The Adventure Wolf Electric Oven is a portable and durable oven for camping, boating, or RVing. It’s perfect if you want to make candles on your next outdoor adventure.
- Ever since we started our company, one of the goals has been to provide a safer cooking experience for everyone. That’s why every penny from Sunflair goes towards supporting environmental causes and making sure your home is cleaner too.
2. GOSUN Fusion Solar Oven – Hybrid Electric Grill
- Combining the best of solar and electric oven technology, the GOSUN Fusion is the first portable oven to work off-grid. This versatile cooker is 5x more efficient than a traditional electric oven, making it perfect for cooking anytime, anywhere.
- The integrated 150 Watt heating element ensures that your food will be cooked evenly and consistently, while the durable and lightweight construction makes it easy to take with you on any adventure.
3. Haines 2.0 SunUp Solar Oven and Dutch Oven Kit
- Haines 2.0 SunUp Solar Oven and Dutch Oven Kit is the ultimate solar cooking machine for up to three people. Use this new technology to avoid burning dinner, no matter how long your power outage lasts. This solar cooker is easy to assemble in just minutes so you’ll never be offended by singed meat again.
- Save money on gas or electric ovens with SunUp-perfect food anytime you want. For larger homes or camping trips, try out the Haines 1.5 Four Head Solar Cooker which cooks 6+ servings of delicious food using only sun power, no batteries necessary.
4. Sun Solar Oven Official All American The Ultimate
- With this solar oven, you will never need another camping stove ever again. The built-in thermometer helps make sure your food is cooked to the perfect temperature. The attached reflectors help gather more of the sun’s heat and also ensure that your food cooks faster than it would on a traditional camp stove.
- Waste no time cooking with this spill-proof levelator which allows you to cook without spilling any hot fluids around your campsite or outdoor kitchen area.
- Whether cooking for one or an army, this self-contained leveling leg can be adjusted as needed and ensure your cookware stays upright and balanced while baking, broiling, steaming kids’ favorite foods. With its flexible design and energy efficiencies, you won’t even think about the electric bill.
5. Sunflair Portable Solar Oven Deluxe, Dehydrating Racks and Thermometer
- With the help of this solar oven, you can cook just about anything. Try making cookies or pizza for your next housewarming party! It’s so easy to use that there is no Assembly required – it sets up and stores in seconds too.
- With everything included to start cooking, you’ll never have trouble finding ingredients for your next meal. The Solar Oven Thermometer will get the oven up and running in no time. There are two heat-conducting/baking trays so there’s always one ready when needed; just place whatever food items on top of each tray before placing it into the sun or under artificial light sources (such as fluorescent lights).
- The new Oven is the ultimate camping companion. It weighs only 1 lb, 2 oz and has an easy-to-carry design that will fit into any backpack or glove compartment for emergency preparedness.
6. All Season Solar Oven Camper
- The Solar Oven is a great way to cook your food without using any fuel. The ASSC Camper, by SolCook, can produce more cooked calories than other designs of its size and it’s powerful enough that you’ll never need another oven again.
- The perfect outdoor kitchen is waiting for you. You can cook anytime, but it’s best to start early because the sun sets before 6 pm in spring and summertime. The coordinated adjustable reflectors make catching those first rays easy as well as cooking until sunset without giving up your spot on one of these dreamy decks.
- The cooker is constructed from food-grade virgin polypropylene (PP) flute board. PP has a number of properties that make it an excellent choice for this application, including its ability to be waterproof and completely resistant against tearing or fracture due to waterlogging – even in extreme circumstances like those found at your local beach.
7. MrMapMax Solar Oven Portable
- The solar cooker is a great way to cook with the sun. It will work for any time of year, even if it’s cloudy or snowing outside. The device captures Ultraviolet rays and holds their heat well so you can enjoy food in style no matter what season comes your way.
- The advantages of solar cooking are many. Not only does it take less time than traditional methods, but the food tastes better due to the lack of air movement in a solar oven which causes moisture retention and tenderness when cooked at 550°F (288 °C).
- The solar stove is a lightweight, portable device that can be set up and stored in seconds. The design of the zipper allows children to participate as well providing them with some supervision saving you time along with energy so they don’t need any help from an adult while enjoying their food.
- The external shape of this solar oven is similar to the one-piece design of a handbag with an adjustable strap. A durable vacuum tube cooking chamber provides insulation and can keep heat in or cool out depending on your preferences.
Tips and guide to buying the best Solar Oven
Purchasing a solar oven can be an intimidating leap of faith for many people. There are so many models and sizes to choose from. Be certain that you get the perfect fit with our buyer’s checklist before your purchase it as an investment in both time and money.
The size of the solar oven you need will depend to a large extent on how much food you want to cook. If you are cooking for one or two people, then a small oven may be all that you require. Those who have larger families will need something much bigger.
There are three types of solar ovens available: box-style, cylinder, and panel. Box-styles are made up of several reflective panels which can direct sunlight to different parts of your food at the same time. Cylinder models look like traditional cylindrical kitchen appliances and stand vertically when in use; they’re great for roasting meats such as beef, pork, and poultry. Panel models look like giant laptop screens and must be placed flat either on the ground or on a wall to work effectively.
Easy To Clean
Unlike some other cooking devices, you can clean a solar oven easily. Simply wipe the inside with a damp cloth and dry it thoroughly afterward. You can even place your oven in raw sunlight as it will naturally heat up; this sterilizes any bacteria that may be present for added safety.
Type of Food
The type of food that you want to cook will also have an impact on the oven that you choose. Those who enjoy fast cooking methods such as boiling, baking, or grilling should consider purchasing a solar oven with reflectors specially designed for quick reactions. Slow-roasted meats are best prepared in box-style models where different sections are heated at once.
Choose a Solar Oven made from stainless steel or aluminum. These materials are easy to clean and retain heat well without becoming too hot themselves. Some manufacturers offer options made from fiberglass, which is not recommended due to its sticky surface material. Fiberglass is used mainly by manufacturers who produce lower-end products, it reflects light less efficiently than other types do.
Look for cookers that are backed up with quality warranties. This way, you can get a replacement or your money back if there are any problems. A good warranty will ensure the long life of any cooking device and protect you against faulty materials or poor workmanship by the manufacturer.
Tips for using your Solar Oven
- Convectional cooking is faster as they cook faster as it’s called contact cooking. Heat transfer is fast by direct conduction from the heated surface, with hot air also rising and then cooling and falling again around your food. This happens very quickly and can result in steamed or baked foods (depending on what you’re cooking).
- Solar cooking is slow but steady. Your food cooks by radiation of the heat, which is slower than conduction (but faster than true convection). However, it is steadier and this means that you can use timings like 2-3 times longer than if you were using electricity or gas.
- You should always preheat your oven whenever possible before cooking in order to get optimal results from it. Preheating ensures that foods cook more evenly throughout instead of just on the outside layer. It also helps save money since you won’t have to keep running your oven for a long time while waiting for it to heat up again.
- Lightly oil aluminum reflectors so they slide easily. Most reflectors are held in place by clips which should easily be adjustable to accommodate different shapes of foods.
- Place your ovens on even ground for stability and safety purposes. Don’t set them up on gravel, grass, or other uneven surfaces because this can cause your equipment to collapse (which will damage the reflectors). If you want to use portable solar ovens, make sure that they are placed on hard surfaces like asphalt, concrete, or wood flooring. Level the surface first before placing the cooker down, this way it won’t topple over when you’re cooking with it later.
FAQs about a Solar Oven
How do you cook meat in a solar oven?
You should use aluminum foil to wrap your meats before placing them into the oven. This will help seal in natural juices and prevent the formation of steam, which makes it easier for the food to cook evenly throughout without drying out.
How long does it take to bake a cake using a Solar Oven?
A 1-inch deep cake should be able to bake within two hours depending on how hot your cooker is. Again, preheating your oven will reduce cooking time even further since all parts are exposed at once.
How do you clean a solar oven?
The easiest way to keep your cooker clean is by wiping it down with a damp cloth and then rinsing it off. You can use dish soap if necessary, but this should be avoided as much as possible so the pan doesn’t get too slippery for cooking food. Make sure to dry the surface thoroughly before using it again so water doesn’t drip inside and short circuit the electrical components.
Can solar ovens be used in winter?
Most models can be used all year round since they are able to store heat inside the box. This means that you’ll need less sunlight than if you were using it during hotter, summer months. It is always advisable however to use insulating material like cardboard or heavy-duty aluminum foil to prevent heat loss (especially if your cooker isn’t well insulated).
How long does it take for a solar oven to power up?
It can take anywhere from 10 minutes (for smaller reflectors) to 1 hour (for the bigger ones) depending on how hot your cooker is. Don’t worry though because this time will go down significantly once you start cooking food inside, especially if you’ve preheated properly beforehand.
Conclusion for the Best Commercial Pizza Oven
Solar ovens help save energy and control costs by using natural, renewable sources of heat. They can be used to prepare almost anything from vegetables, meats, and desserts depending on how hot the inside is. You can find portable models or more permanent fixtures which you can set up in your backyard. Just remember that commercial pizza ovens will need a lot of sunlight to power up before cooking. Make sure that it’s oriented properly for this purpose and place it in an open area where there isn’t too much shade nearby.
The best solar ovens on the market are those that offer versatility, durability, and ease of use. If you’re still not sure which product to buy, take a look at our list of 7 top products below for some inspiration. One thing is clear – there are plenty of great options out there. So don’t wait any longer, go ahead and pick up one or more today for your next outdoor adventure. Happy cooking with the sun.
Alex Johnson is currently a restaurateur in New York. He used to trade in kitchen equipment products, so he understands this field very well. Besides, the culinary knowledge he shares is also extremely useful because he has his own restaurant.