Microwave egg cookers are a quick, cheap, and convenient way to make breakfast without the hassle. I often find myself struggling with mornings when there’s too much going on but it can be hard remembering that one of my most important meals is at home in front of me because all these other things distract from what matters: food! That’s why microwavable appliance manufacturers have created this lifesaver device. They allow you to create nutritious protein-rich foods – such as boiled or sunny side up eggs-without any guesswork involved while saving time during busy weeks so even if life gets hectic around dinnertime hours just remember that Microwave egg cookers are a lifesaver device.
Eggs are a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner option. They’re quick and easy to cook but not all methods produce the best results when it comes to taste. That’s where an egg cooker can help you out! These appliances make cooking eggs simple by doing the hard work for you so that every meal is perfect. This list will show you some of the best microwave egg cookers available on Amazon, which have hundreds of positive reviews from buyers who love them just as much as we do.
List of 13 Best Microwave Egg Cookers Reviews
1. Nordic Ware 3-in-1 Microwave Egg Cooker, 2-Piece, White
- The Nordic Ware 3-in-1 Microwave Egg Cooker, 2-Piece, White is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast. This set includes the Eggs ‘n Muffin pan and 2-cavity Egg Poacher, so you can make delicious egg sandwiches in the microwave or poach eggs perfectly in under a minute.
- The BPA-free and Melamine free plastic construction means this product is safe to use, and the handles and feet add stability and functionality.
2. Sistema Microwave Microwave Egg Cooker, Red, 9.16 Oz/271 ml
- You’re always on the go in the morning, so who has time to make breakfast the old-fashioned way? With this Sistema Microwave Egg Cooker, you can have a hot breakfast in minutes without even turning on the stove. This microwave cookware is made of 100% virgin plastic and is free of BPA and phthalates.
- The dishwasher-safe design means you can easily clean it up after use, and the microwave-safe construction lets you cook your eggs right in the cooker. Plus, with its ventilated lid, you won’t have to worry about any messes or spills.
3. DASH Rapid Microwave Egg Cooker-Aqua, 5.5 Inch (DEC005AQ)
- Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the perfect solution for making eggs, whether you prefer a Western or an Asian-style dish. It provides endless flexibility in terms of ingredients and cooking time to create any type of cuisine that suits your taste buds just right.
- Hard-boiled eggs are a lifesaver! It’s hard to find the time and energy for cooking up all those yolk-bearing sections of an egg, but now you don’t have to worry. Just gently boiling them in their shells will keep every bite perfect with peelable shells that come off easily when ready.
- The eggs are perfect for picky eaters and large families because they can be hard-boiled, soft-boiled, or even poached. Plus with the push of a button, you get scrambled eggs. With this appliance, all your favorite breakfast foods will be made in no time at all – easy peasy.
- The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is a must-have for any kitchen. This 1 pound wonder takes up less space and can be used in smaller apartments, college dorms, or RVs on the road thanks to its sleek design. Plus it comes with accessories so that you don’t need anything else from us – bonus points if your color choice matches ours too.
4. EGGPOD Microwave Egg Cooker
- With the Eggpod, you can have perfectly cooked hardboiled eggs with only nine minutes of cooking time. Simply add water and set your timer to make sure they are done by themselves. The simple design is perfect for any individual who wants easy preparation. Plus it has a measuring cup included in case something goes wrong or if lost forever like me.
- One of the best things about this gadget is that it can peel eggs. After cooking, shake it at least 10 times to crack and make peeling easier. Aside from being able to cook your own breakfast in style without getting burned by a frying pan or having an overcooked omelet. You could also steam other items such as sweet corn for preserving flavor while not damaging nutrients like with boiling water.
- The Eggpod is a small, portable pod that measures 6 inches high and 7.25 wide with an appealing design. It can be carried around or lifted easily while still fitting into your cupboard when not in use.
- The instructions that come with this product make it easy to follow, and you’ll be able to avoid any problems due to the dishwasher-safe material. The best part? It can protect your table from getting damaged by cleaning liquid or scrubbing.
5. BELLA 17284 Microwave Egg Cooker
- The clear lid is a great way to cook your eggs without interrupting their cooking process. The power switch and ready indicator light let you know when they’re done so there’s no guessing what temperature will happen next.
- The power of this 360-watt heating system will keep your eggs cooked, boiled, and poached to perfection. You’ll be able to satisfy that morning craving faster than ever before.
- This is the perfect way to make breakfast and meal prep for a whole week at once! It’s easy, quick, nutritious (with 7 large eggs or 2 poached), delicious…and it makes enough that you’ll have plenty of leftovers if your energy levels are low.
- The all-inclusive poaching tray and boiling pot are dishwasher safe, making them easy to clean up after. You can enjoy your favorite eggs without having to spend time scrubbing pots or worrying about getting those pesky oils on you when there is an easier way.
- The poaching trays are made from food-grade silicone, so you can enjoy steaming both veggies and seafood without worrying about affecting their quality. The included cups have a piercing pin to prevent cracks when boiling eggs at different times of day for unique results each time.
6. Cuisinart Microwave Egg Cooker, Brushed Stainless Steel
- The Cuisinart Microwave Egg Cooker is the perfect addition to any kitchen. This handy appliance allows you to cook up to 10 eggs at a time to your desired consistency, making it the perfect choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The brushed stainless steel lid and sleek design add a touch of sophistication, while the blue LED indicator and audible alert make it easy to use. The built-in cord storage also makes cleanup a breeze.
7. Mochiglory Chicken Shape Microwave Egg Cooker
- The Mochiglory Chicken Shape Microwave Egg Cooker is perfect for anyone who wants to cook eggs quickly and easily. This cooker steams eggs, retaining their moisture and flavor, making them fresh and tender. The rich nutrition in the eggs will leave you feeling satisfied and full.
- Plus, this device can also cook bread, dumplings, and other desserts. With automatic temperature control, you don’t have to worry about your food drying out or becoming overcooked. The stainless steel heating plate is easy to clean so you can keep your kitchen looking neat and tidy.
8. BELLA 17287 Double Microwave Egg Cooker, Stack, Black
- The clear lid makes it easy to monitor the food and you don’t have to worry about burning yourself. The power switch lets everyone know when your eggs are done so they can enjoy a hot meal in minutes.
- A sleek, 360-watt heating system that cooks eggs quickly and evenly. Boil the water for your perfect poached or hard-boiled egg in just 5 minutes without much fuss on those busy mornings – this baby can do it all.
- You’re going to need a big pot for all of your breakfastimbroglio. Boil up 14 large eggs and 2 poached ones. You’ll be able to serve yourself effortlessly, while also heating meals that will last you throughout the week- perfect if planned ahead or just looking in on what’s cooking around mealtime.
- The innovative design of this product allows you to use the same tray for poaching eggs and boiling water, so all it takes is one dishwasher-friendly piece. Plus there are extras in case someone at home needs them.
9. NEW Egg-Tastic Microwave Egg Cooker & Poacher For Fast
- The NEW Egg-Tastic Microwave Egg Cooker & Poacher is the perfect solution for those looking for a quick, easy, and delicious breakfast. This high-quality appliance heats and cooks eggs to perfection in as little as one minute, making scrambled eggs a breeze.
- The non-slip bottom ensures that your eggs will stay securely in place while cooking, while the non-stick surface makes cleanup a snap. With its fast and flavorful results, the NEW Egg-Tastic Microwave Egg Cooker & Poacher is sure to become a cherished addition to your kitchen.
10. Nordic Ware Microwave Egg Cooker, 4 Capacity, White
- The Nordic Ware Microwave Egg Cooker is the perfect way to cook hard- or soft-boiled eggs in the microwave. This egg boiler features a sturdy, Bpa-free, and Melamine free plastic construction with an aluminum insert that cooks eggs evenly.
- No piercing is required, making this egg cooker easy to use. The cooking surface measures 5 inches by 5 inches by 5.25 inches, making it perfect for preparing multiple eggs at once.
11. Nordic Ware Microwave Egg Cooker, 2 Cavity, White
- This Nordic Ware 2-Cavity Microwave Egg Poacher is perfect for poaching eggs in minutes. The included cooking times vary depending on the microwave’s power, but with this simple cooker, you can take the fuss out of poaching eggs.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of water to each 3-inch cup, crack an egg into each cup, and pierce the yolks lightly. Snap the lid closed and microwave away – it’s that easy.
12. Nordic Ware Microwave Egg Cooker Muffin Breakfast Pan
- This quick, easy and healthy breakfast is perfect for on-the-go families. With the Nordic Ware Microwave Egg Cooker Muffin Breakfast Pan, you can cook your eggs and sausage in one pan, breakfast in minutes.
- The two-piece design comes apart for easy cleaning and the cover can be removed to use the base as a serving dish. The microwave and the dishwasher-safe pan are also ideal for dorm rooms or small kitchens.
13. Chef Buddy Microwave Egg Cooker, White
- It’s a world of endless possibilities when you make the switch to this microwave egg maker. You can now enjoy fluffy eggs in under one minute with just about any ingredient imaginable.
- This convenient cookware makes a breakfast sandwich in less than two minutes. The egg cooker can also be used for other dishes and is microwave safe, so you will never have to worry about one of life’s most important meals being ready when everyone else arrives at the table.
- Cleaning up after cooking with an egg cooker is easy. Place the appliance on the top shelf of the dishwasher, or rinse thoroughly and put in hot soapy water. These compact machines are lightweight which makes storage simple – just don’t forget that they need to cool down before storing them away for next time.
Tips and guide to buying the best Microwave egg cooker
Microwave egg cookers are a hot item in the kitchen industry. There’s an overwhelming number of models that make picking one difficult to do, but we’re going over some factors you need to consider before purchasing your own unit.
Microwave Egg Cookers come in a wide range of sizes: from the simple, single-unit microwavable egg cooker to large microwave ovens that can steam and boil up to six eggs at once. It depends on your family’s needs as to how many you should choose. For example, I find myself cooking for one so it only makes sense that I buy the simplest model that will help me cook just enough eggs without burning them or making them too hard or soft.
Whichever size you choose just be sure you properly measure the area where you plan to place it so you don’t accidentally take up too much space in your kitchen cabinets!
If your main priority is versatility, look for a device with a steaming tray that can be used for other kitchen purposes. Some Microwave Egg Cookers come with a steaming tray, making it easy to steam veggies or seafood while you’re cooking eggs in the microwave. It’s also useful if you want to create meals for multiple people at once, provided you have the space and time available to prepare additional food!
It’s important to note the cooked egg size of a given microwave egg cooker. The number you should look for here is “30 seconds” or less, as cooking times for each microwave oven vary from one model to the next. As a general rule of thumb, be aware that larger eggs typically need more cooking time, so always read your unit’s manual first before attempting to cook multiple eggs at once.
Unfortunately, there isn’t much space available in a microwave so I wouldn’t recommend going with anything over 3-egg capacity unless you have ample room and the patience required.
Ease of cleaning
Microwave egg cookers are inexpensive kitchen appliances but this doesn’t mean they’re disposable. They require basic washing and maintenance in order to maintain their cooking capacity and prevent build-up from occurring.
Look for a model with removable pieces if you want one that’s easy to wash! If you choose a unit without detachable parts, be sure there are holes in the pot which allow water flushes through. This will make your cleaning process easier and faster, saving you time when it comes to prepping meals quickly.
When looking for microwave egg cookers, opt for ones made of durable materials that can withstand lots of use. Compared to other appliances, you don’t necessarily need the most expensive choice but consider getting one that comes with a warranty if possible.
As far as the best material goes, go for stainless steel because it’s easy to clean and proves long-lasting. Check your unit’s manual first before buying any plastic or glass models because some may stain or melt when used incorrectly.
Tips for using your Microwave egg cooker
Now, if you bought a microwave egg cooker, there are some tips and tricks that can help you achieve better results. It all boils down to learning what each model intends to do so keep these in mind:
- Make sure the water level is just right. Too much or too little liquid will affect the overall texture of your eggs. Ideally, place at least one inch of water into the bottom compartment then check by lifting up the lid every now and then until satisfied. For easier cleaning, later on, use just enough water.
- Use your hands to lift up the lid when cooking is finished so it doesn’t lock in heat and cause unnecessary steam buildup. It’s also highly recommended to cover the top of the cooker with a paper towel after microwaving. This will absorb moisture, making for easier cleanup later on.
- If you want rounded eggs, be sure to pierce each end before inserting them into the microwave! Piercing holes on either side of each egg will help prevent bubbles from forming inside which shows as ever-present round shapes once cooked. If you don’t mind having misshapen eggs, skip this step since they’ll take more time anyway.
- Eggs with higher yolks are easier to peel so go for ones that fit the bill. Ideally, buy fresh eggs with high-standing yolks only but anything is better than nothing.
- Don’t overcook your eggs! Microwave egg cookers are designed to prepare boiled eggs within 30 seconds or less since microwaves are notorious for producing uneven heating due to differing intensities on each side of the egg. A simple solution here is using a digital timer, which counts down each second until the finished cooking time arrives. If you’re really not sure about your microwave’s capability, use Google and check out product reviews first before buying one even if it means taking longer to make up your mind. It’ll be worth your time and effort in the long run.
- Eggs can be cooked without shells as well but cooking time may vary depending on how soft you want them to be. Using a microwave egg cooker shell, however, won’t affect cooking abilities since microwaves do not penetrate beyond the surface and into its contents (or lack thereof). Adding seasonings to your eggs before cooking is also done regularly by many people so feel free to experiment with what works best for you!
- One last thing: If you choose to cook more than two eggs at once, make sure the liquid covers all of them entirely. Otherwise, mishaps such as unevenly cooked sides or edges will occur due to uneven heating. Always check regularly too because sometimes corners may overcook and vice versa.
FAQs about a Microwave egg cooker
How long does it take to cook eggs in a microwave egg cooker?
It all depends on how you like them cooked: soft, hard, and in between. For softer boiled eggs, 30 seconds is enough but the time it takes to fully cook a hard-boiled egg may take anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes. The more you cook your eggs, the more watery they’ll be so use this as a guide only.
How do I clean my Microwave egg cooker?
Just scrub it with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly after each use. For better results, later on, place dish soap directly onto its base before microwaving. This will ease cleaning efforts and cut cooking times. Also, remember to cover the top of your cooker using paper towels or something similar because moisture can cause rust and other forms of corrosion if left unchecked for long.
What if my egg peels off in layers?
This is actually a sign of improper cooking so keep an eye on your eggs throughout this period. The more you cook them, the more likely they’ll separate into multiple layers which can be annoying if you’re not prepared for it. If your egg happens to crack while cooking, try again but don’t add extra water. Instead, just wait and see if drips and leaks appear and use the paper towel trick mentioned above to absorb moisture and prevent rust or other damages inherent in using metal or aluminum foil.
What should I do if my eggshells discolor?
Eggs with higher yolks will discolor faster than ones with low-standing ones. This is because heat reaches the yolk faster which causes discoloration and can affect how well an egg is prepared. Make sure to line yolks with vinegar on both sides for better results after cooking then rinse both of them thoroughly or else you’ll end up eating temporary tattoos!
Is it safe to cook eggs without shells?
Yes, but results may vary since microwaves do not penetrate a surface’s contents. The more you know about your microwave though, the easier this process will be so start getting acquainted with it ASAP. Don’t forget to use a timer either because there’s no reason why there shouldn’t be one in something that can help cook eggs anyway.
If you’re planning on buying a microwave egg cooker, be sure to test it out first if possible. Don’t feel embarrassed about doing this because it’s the best thing you can do to make sure you don’t end up wasting money or using products that may not work as intended. It’s better to take time and effort now than regret later on so use this article as a guide to choosing the best microwave egg cooker for your needs.
With the best egg cooker, you can make a wide array of dishes that will satisfy your taste buds and provide healthy options for breakfast or dinner. You deserve to have good food on hand at all times, which is why it’s worth investing in one of these products today. We hope this article has helped you find the right microwave egg cooker for your needs.