The electric frying pan is a cooking device that can be used in place of your traditional gas stovetop. It provides amazing features and justifies its location on the counter for anyone who wants to cook with efficiency, without sacrificing taste or nutrition. You may use this appliance to make everything from meatloaf sandwiches all the way up to fry doughnuts. It won’t matter what you’re craving because they’ll come out perfect every time thanks so much to their high-quality material construction which also leaves little space needed behind them when storing away after mealtime has passed (or even while still using).
If you’re in the market for a new frying pan, then there is no doubt that you will be overwhelmed by the sheer number of options available. Electric frying pans are not only convenient to use, but they also make cooking easier and faster than ever before. Not to mention they are especially great if you have limited mobility or cannot stand at the stove for too long.
However, even though most electric frying pans offer similar features (like non-stick coating), some models work better than others. This is why we’ve reviewed 11 of the best ones on the market today. We’ll go over their pros and cons so you can easily compare them side by side. The following electric fry pans should help narrow down your search:
- 1 What’s an Electric Frying Pan?
- 2 List of 11 Best Electric Frying Pans Reviews
- 2.1 1. Precise Heat 3-1/2-Quart Surgical Stainless-Steel Electric Frying Pan
- 2.2 2. Elite Gourmet EFS-400 Personal Electric Frying Pan
- 2.3 3. Greenlife CC003725-002 Power Healthy Electric Frying Pan
- 2.4 4. Nesco, Black, ES-08, Electric Frying Pan, 8 inches, 800 watts
- 2.5 5. Presto, Grey Ceramic 06856″ Electric Frying Pan, 16″
- 2.6 6. Ovente 12 Inch Electric Frying Pan
- 2.7 7. Presto 06620 11-Inch Electric Frying Pan
- 2.8 8. Presto 06858 Slimline Electric Frying Pan, 16 Inch, Black
- 2.9 9. Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d’Expert Electric Frying Pan
- 2.10 10. Dash Electric Frying Pan, 1440-Watt – Aqua
- 2.11 11. Caynel Professional Non-stick Copper Electric Frying Pan
- 3 Tips and guide to buying the best electric frying pan
- 4 Tips for using your electric frying pan
- 5 FAQs about an electric frying pan
- 6 Conclusion for the best electric frying pan
What’s an Electric Frying Pan?
An electric frying pan also called a “breakfast sandwich maker” is an innovative cooking device that has taken the world by storm. What makes them so different compared to traditional non-electric pans is they come with features like built-in timers and adjustable temperatures which allow you to cook your food just the way you want it every time. They are extremely versatile and work well for everything from sautéing vegetables all the way up to cooking steak. Plus, this appliance allows you to make your favorite foods without any of the fuss or mess that typically accompanies stovetop cooking (not even having to turn on your oven).
Electric frying pans (also known as breakfast sandwich makers) are very simple devices that work by allowing you to cook your food inside the appliance without leaving any of it behind in the process. They are made to heat up in minutes, staying hot throughout the entire cooking process. The high-quality heating elements make sure that once your food is placed inside, it cooks quickly and evenly every time.
The main components of an electric frying pan include a non-stick cooking surface (which helps make cleaning up nice and easy). The power base with built-in timer/temperature controls, indicator lights for when it is preheating and when your meal is done, and a drip tray included catching any oils or excess liquids from the ingredients you choose to use for making delicious breakfasts, lunch menus, or dinner ideas.
List of 11 Best Electric Frying Pans Reviews
1. Precise Heat 3-1/2-Quart Surgical Stainless-Steel Electric Frying Pan
- This waterless cookware electric skillet is a customer favorite. Power it up and keep the kitchen running smoothly with this innovative appliance.
- The Precise Heat 3.5qt T304 Stainless Steel Oil Core Skillet has a beautiful, durable mirror finish that will never chip or fade away. This 120V 1300 watt 3-ply skillet features a low dome cover and stays cool handles/knobs for your comfort during cooking sessions on hot surfaces – no matter how long you use it.
- The innovative oil core liquid is sealed between layers of heavy-gauge stainless steel. This superior design helps you to maintain a healthy lifestyle through waterless, greaseless cooking with an exterior diameter that measures 12 1/4″ and interior dimensions of 11″. UL Listed for safety.
2. Elite Gourmet EFS-400 Personal Electric Frying Pan
- The Elite Gourmet Personal Electric Frying Pan or “EFS-400” is a revolutionary product at only 7″ x 7″, perfect for any space. The fry pan also features its 32 oz capacity to cook up an authentic, quality breakfast in the morning.
- It comes with a heating dial so you can adjust the temperature from low to high depending on what your desired outcome may be and a non-stick coating for easy food release and quick cleanup.
- Or if you’re looking to create smaller portions of fried toast, pancakes, eggs, bacon sausage, or grilled cheese sandwiches – then this handy little personal frying pan may do just fine.
3. Greenlife CC003725-002 Power Healthy Electric Frying Pan
- Introducing the revolution in nonstick frying pans. Introducing Greenlife’s revolutionary ceramic, lead-free, and PFAS-free coating for effortless release with quick cleanup after cooking even your most complicated meals.
- Plus! Prepare no matter the meal, sautéing vegetables before baking or grilling meat on one side of the pan very different tasks using just one pan.
- The true cook’s dream is here, this 5-in detail makes this high-performance electric frying pan what you have been looking for all along.
- Easy to use temperature control so each meal is perfect every time allows you to select your desired heat setting for complete customization with a hassle-free clean-up that means never leaving home without it again.
4. Nesco, Black, ES-08, Electric Frying Pan, 8 inches, 800 watts
- The NESCO 8 Inch Electric Skillet is ready to use, right out of the box. It’s perfect for frying, sautéing, or making stove-top dishes. With a stay-cool handle on the tempered glass lid and a function switch on the side, this skillet will go with you wherever you’re cooking.
- The die-cast construction heats evenly at ranges up to 800 watts while it doesn’t show any hot spots. And best of all, cleanup is easy since nothing sticks – not even eggs.
- Use long-handled nylon or wooden utensils or Tongs when lifting food from the pan to prevent scratching on the surface. Towels are also recommended due to fewer spots transferred onto your clothes when wiping near the handles and body of the pot/pan.
5. Presto, Grey Ceramic 06856″ Electric Frying Pan, 16″
- The Presto 06856 electric frying pan is perfect for making all your favorite dishes. The ceramic nonstick surface inside and out ensures that your food won’t stick, and makes cleanup a breeze.
- Plus, the jumbo 16-inch size provides extra cooking and serving capacity. The heavy cast aluminum construction is virtually warp-proof, so you can count on this frying pan to last for years.
6. Ovente 12 Inch Electric Frying Pan
- Cook, your way to the perfect food with this 1400-Watts Ovente Electric Portable Skillet. This high-quality aluminum body is well designed and offers an adjustable temperature controller for tasty meals cooked at your desired level of warmth.
- The 12-Inch Skillet is a spacious and durable choice for making family-sized stir-fry breakfasts. The tempered glass cover prevents food smells from escaping while handling high temperatures, which can be important since you don’t want your breakfast to get burnt.
- Ovente Electric Portable Skillet is a safe and easy way to cook food, with its non-stick coating that releases the ingredients from your dish easily or cleans up any mess you might have made. The handles on this skillet are ergonomic so they’re comfortable in terms of grip as well as protection against heat injuries.
7. Presto 06620 11-Inch Electric Frying Pan
- The Presto 11-Inch Electric Frying Pan is just the thing for family meals. This pan not only does frying but also grills, stews, bakes, and more. The innovative EverNu cover maintains a proper cooking temperature and is safe to be used in a dishwasher when removed from the heat controller.
- With its unique diamond finish that covers both the interior and exterior of the frying pan and sheds all food particles making for easy clean up there is no need to worry about roughing up cookware in this set. Make any meal with ease with this fun new addition to your kitchen by Presto.
8. Presto 06858 Slimline Electric Frying Pan, 16 Inch, Black
- This pan is the perfect cooking partner for all your one-pan meals. It can fry, bake and roast with ease to create some delicious dishes that are sure not disappoint. The tempered glass cover will protect against breakage while you cook up a storm in this durable cast iron vessel.
- The wine glass is a great way to show off your favorite drink. The low-profile design makes it easy for buffet serving, and the two-tone finish looks good anywhere you set it up.
- The cast-aluminum pan is virtually warp-proof, so you can cook and serve your food with ease. The high sidewalls provide extra cooking capacity as well as make it more efficient than a range burner or over for those who don’t have access to either of these options.
- This is the perfect oven for any cook. It features an easy-to-read display, stays cool handle, and a tempered glass cover. The control master maintains your desired temperature so you can focus on preparing food instead of babysitting this baby overheating everything in sight.
9. Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d’Expert Electric Frying Pan
- The Gourmet d’Expert Electric Skillet accommodates a diverse range of tasks (from cooking an individual omelet to large batches of fried potatoes) and includes 10 temperature settings, including off.
- The skillet features stay-cool handles for easy use and removal. The frying pan is made from durable stainless steel with a titanium nonstick coating for easy food release and cleaning.
- Included recipes ensure satisfying results (from Creole shrimp sautéed up in spicy butter to scallops simmered in thyme white wine cream sauce), while blank recipe pages allow personalization.
10. Dash Electric Frying Pan, 1440-Watt – Aqua
- This pan has a whopping 14 inches of cooking surface and 25-inch depth, providing up to 20 cups worth of food for 6 people. Perfect if you’re feeding an army or just want to make sure everyone eats well at your next gathering.
- This electric pressure cooker is the perfect way to make a large quantity of food in less time than it would take you on your stovetop or oven. You can cook anything from breakfast, lunch, and dinner right up through desserts- even snacks. Quickly heating up this unit at 450 degrees Fahrenheit takes as little as 10 minutes (and no need for babysitting).
- This innovative pan makes cooking a breeze with its non-stick surface and cool-touch handle. The TruGlide PFOA-free material is easy to clean, making cleanup quick after use.
11. Caynel Professional Non-stick Copper Electric Frying Pan
- This electric frying pan has an impressive 1400 watts for extraordinary cooking power. It’s 12×16 inch cooking surface is great for family dinners or any style of entertaining.
- The 5 different safety features included with the copper professional non-stick electric frying pan make it safe to use all year round, leaving you worry-free. This unit also includes an adjustable temperature control which allows you to cook your desired taste without having to worry about overcooking your food.
- Whether you’re making eggs for breakfast or a pasta dish, this frying pan will have everything beautifully done in just one try.
Tips and guide to buying the best electric frying pan
The best way to make sure you buy the right electric frying pan for your kitchen is by looking at what features are essential and then choosing one with those capabilities. What should be considered when shopping around?
The best type of electric frying pan for you will depend on what types of meals are cooked most frequently. For example, if you are looking for a way to cook lots of meats, then a square electric frying pan is your best option. Alternatively, round electric fry pans are perfect for making appetizers like quesadillas and omelets.
Just like trying to choose the right skillet in general, it’s also important to select an electric frying pan that can accommodate all the ingredients you want to use at one time. If you plan on cooking eggs (for breakfast sandwiches), then look for electric fry pans with deep sides so all your food can fit inside without any problems or having to cook batches.
This is one of the most important considerations when buying an electric frying pan. The best ones are cordless or have a detachable power cord that makes them completely portable (not stuck to one spot in your kitchen). Try and select one that has at least 800 watts, but never goes below 500 watts because these models will usually struggle with cooking certain foods like steak.
Some of the best electric frying pans on the market come with lots of features and capabilities (like adjustable temperatures and timers), but they tend to be more expensive than ones with fewer capabilities. However, many of today’s models don’t cost too much money and provide countless benefits which make it well worth spending a bit extra on an appliance you will use several times a day. All the electric fry pans on this list are rated highly by customers and can be used to cook almost any type of food you want, whether it’s breakfast every morning or dinner tonight.
Easy to Clean
Cleaning your electric frying pan has never been easier. Simply utilize the removable drip tray to prevent messes, and then throw it into the dishwasher for full cleaning power.
This appliance makes cooking so much less stressful by allowing you to prepare meals using just one device. Beginners may struggle for a short time because it takes some understanding of how to cook with this item effectively, but once mastered it can be used daily without any issues. We all want easy ways to prepare food, and now there’s no need for stovetop cooking or an oven when you have an electric frying pan!
The clean-up process becomes much easier when choosing the right type of model. The best ones come with non-stick surfaces that do not stick, and the only thing you need to clean up is the removable tray which catches any excess food and oil. Try one of these today and see how it can change your cooking experience for the better!
The best electric frying pans are designed to be as compact as possible so that it easily fits inside cupboards or on small countertops without taking up too much space. If you live in a dorm room or an apartment with limited kitchen space, then this appliance type will fit perfectly once reduced to half its size.
Electric frying pans come with either ceramic or aluminum non-stick cooking surfaces, and both work very well at making each meal delicious. The latter tend to heat foods faster by conducting heat which reaches certain spots more quickly, but there are many affordable models with ceramic non-stick coats which provide an almost similar experience.
To make clean up even easier, find models which are dishwasher safe. The right type of electric frying pan should be easy to clean with soap and water, but once you get home from a long day at work it’s always great to have one that requires minimal effort.
Know the exact temperature your food is cooked at by utilizing pre-sets or fully customizable levels on your electric fry pan. When properly prepared, every meal cooked inside will come out tender, moist, and ready to eat without any risks of burning or undercooking. Some people may believe all cooking appliances are the same because they are simply used for something other than their original intention, but this is most certainly not the case with electric fry pans.
Tips for using your electric frying pan
- Clean up is much easier when you select one which is dishwasher safe, but washing by hand with soap and water works very well too.
- A non-stick surface prevents food from sticking to the cooking area, making clean-up a breeze. Note that this typically does not work for dishes where breading or batter are required ingredients. Purchase an oil sprayer if you need help in this department.
- The electric frying pan has grown greatly in popularity because of its easy operation. It can be used to cook almost any type of food, so if you know how to cook then these appliances are perfect replacements for traditional stovetops or ovens.
- Pre-set temperatures or customizable levels make it easy to cook a variety of foods to perfection, and with many options, it’s guaranteed that you will find one from this list that can be used for what you’re preparing today.
FAQs about an electric frying pan
How does an electric frying pan work?
The heating element heats a metal pan directly to create heat which then passes through its non-stick surface into the food being prepared. The process works very well at rendering fat from meats while making eggs tasty and moist without excess oils or butter added in advance.
Which type of safety features come with the best electric frying pan?
Cleaning up becomes easier when the cooking plate is removable, and some even come with a water-level indicator that shows how much excess food can be caught before it overflows.
What are the benefits of using an electric frying pan?
Clean up is quicker when making meals in an electric frying pan because there are no stovetops or ovens to clean afterward. It uses less energy than alternatives, depending on the type purchased, and replacement pans are often cheaper because they are easily replaced without needing to replace the entire appliance.
What are the drawbacks of owning an electric frying pan?
An electric fryer may take longer to heat up initially for large meals, but this largely depends on the exact model purchased. Low-quality appliances could also end up having their heating element burn out much more quickly, but that’s why it’s important to buy from a trusted brand.
Is electric frying pans safe to use?
Most are entirely safe because there are no open flames involved in the cooking process, and the non-stick plates allow excess fats and oils to drip back into the cooking surface instead of being absorbed by potentially dangerous elements inside the appliance.
Conclusion for the best electric frying pan
Investing in the best electric frying pan is a smart choice for any home and makes preparing meals much easier when you don’t want to cook with an oven or stovetop. It’s the perfect combination of convenience, ease, clean-up time, and cost-efficiency which will ensure that it can be used often without being overly complicated.
The process by which it works is simple enough but does involve heating elements inside for food preparation, so your total expectations must account for this when deciding if it’s worth purchasing.
Buying the right electric frying pan is a great step towards making your kitchen more efficient and enjoyable. You can use this list to compare products in order to find one that suits you best. If these pans don’t suit any of your needs, be sure to check out our other product reviews for even more options. We hope this article has been helpful in helping you decide on which fryer will work best for you and we wish you luck in finding what works best for your lifestyle and budget.