With an under-counter ice maker, you can have your own personal fridge without taking up valuable counter space. These appliances work efficiently and quietly so they won’t bother the people around it or disturb anyone who enters into a room where one has been installed. You’ll also be able to find one that’s just right for whichever lifestyle suits best: big families need more than a small model while those living alone don’t mind something compact if all they want is some cubes in order to make cocktails at home occasionally.
If you’re in the market for a new under counter ice maker, you’re in luck. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll take a look at ten of the best models on the market today. We’ll also provide reviews and insights that will help you make the best decision for your needs. So whether you’re looking for something basic or something more high-tech, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to know more information.
What’s an Undercounter Ice Maker?
An under-counter ice maker is an appliance that makes perfectly sized, delicious chunks of ice in all kinds of sizes. Since most models are freestanding units, they take up very little space and can be placed just about anywhere in your home or office. It’s ideal for anyone who wants fresh cubes any time they want them without having to rely on ice trays or bulky automatic ice makers. And since under-counter ice makers are so small, they’re perfect for people who live in smaller homes or apartments.
What types of Undercounter Ice Maker are there?
You can find three different types of under-counter ice makers: bins, pans, and buckets. All will produce the same kind if cubes you’re used to seeing at home or in a restaurant freezer but each does so with its own unique flavor!
Pan Style Undercounter Ice Makers
This style is best for people who want a basic machine that just makes cubes. The ice-making process is simple and straightforward with this type and the machine doesn’t have any extra bells and whistles. However, it can be a little bit noisier than other models.
Bin Style Undercounter Ice Makers
This style is perfect for those who want a little more versatility from their under-counter ice maker. With a bin-style machine, you can choose to either have the ice dumped into a container or dispensed through an automatic dispenser. Plus, many of these machines come with additional features like timers and filters.
Bucket Style Undercounter Ice Makers
If you’re looking for something flashy and high-tech, you’ll want to go with a bucket style. These models are fully automated and feature their own built-in ice dispensers so you can have all of your favorite drinks ready for guests at any time. Plus, many have fancy digital displays that are perfect for showing off!
What Are the Benefits of an Undercounter Ice Maker?
Undercounter Ice Makers are a popular choice for many reasons. One of the most compelling is that they provide an ice-cold drink with just one press. These top benefits will have you convinced in no time at all:
If you’re looking for an under-counter ice maker that can provide you with enough cubes to last all day, look no further than a larger capacity model. These products can store quite a bit and will only need to be refilled every so often.
The built-in water filtration system
Most under-counter models include a built-in water filtration system so you can get great-tasting ice every time. These systems work to remove impurities and sediment from your water supply, ensuring that your ice is always as fresh as possible.
Many people shy away from under-counter ice makers because they assume that they’ll be loud. However, the majority of today’s models operate very quietly and won’t disturb you or anyone else in your home.
If you like to entertain or frequently have guests over, a portable under-counter ice maker is the perfect option for you. These units are easy to move around and can be taken with you wherever you go. Plus, many of them come with additional storage options – like ice bins or buckets – that can double as added counter space.
Easy to use
For ice makers with push-button convenience, look no further than an under-counter ice maker. There’s no need to spend hours learning how to use your machine when you can simply press a button or two and get your cubes in seconds.
List of 10 Best Undercounter Ice Makers Reviews
1. Manitowoc UDE-0080A Undercounter Ice Maker
- The Manitowoc UDE-0080A Undercounter Ice Maker is an attractive and easy-to-use undercounter ice maker that is perfect for small-volume ice needs and small business applications. This under-counter ice maker has a patented cleaning and sanitizing technology that makes it easy to access your air filter, front air intake, and exhaust, and is also attractively designed with a stainless steel cabinet.
- This under-counter ice maker is ideal for people who want an attractive and easy-to-use ice maker that is perfect for small-volume ice needs and small business applications.
2. Smad Commercial Undercounter Ice Maker
- The Panasonic CF-32R Ice Maker is designed for high production and freestanding use. It can make ice in a short time, and it has a measuring 17.6*15.7*31 inches for easy storage. This ice machine is also very easy to operate, making it perfect for household and commercial needs.
- With these 4 touch buttons, you can easily control the ice maker. The LCD display screen also shows your temperature and how long it will take to make an ice pack or generate ICE Maker cleaning time. This is a simple way to operate your machine and add digitized elements to your room.
- In order to make ice during the appropriate time, you can use Timing ON-OFF. This button will automatically clean the ice maker if it is not working properly based on your requirement. Just connect the free drainage pipe to the drainage hole and press this button.
- If you’re having trouble finding water, or the ice in your faucet is filling up automatically, try Ice Full & Automatic Water Supplying. They’ll connect a complimentary 0.25-inch diameter hose to your faucet and supply water by way of that connection. You can also use your own pump to juice up the water.
3. ULINE UBI95B00A Undercounter Ice Maker, 14 inches, Black
- With this 14 inch UBI95B00A under-counter ice maker, you will have the perfect way to keep your drinks cold and your food fresh all winter long. This durable and reliable under-counter ice machine is easy to use with just a 1/4 inch outside diameter water line connection.
- It uses less than three gallons of water for approximately 23 lbs. Of ice and minimal electricity, and it is a durable and reliable under-counter ice machine that meets the ADA height Compliant requirements.
4. U-Line UBI98W00A Undercounter Ice Maker, 15″, White
- The U-Line UBI98W00A 15 inch Undercounter Ice Maker is a specialty ice maker that is ADA Compliant and reversible. It has a right hinge so you can easily make ice for any purpose. You’ll love how easy it is to use this ice maker – just plug it in, set the timer, and let it do its thing.
- The U-Line UBI98W00A 15 inch Undercounter Ice Maker is perfect for busy people who want easy access to cold, refreshing ice every time they want it.
5. Whynter MIM-14231SS 14” Undercounter Ice Maker, One Size
- The Whynter MIM-14231SS 14” Undercounter Ice Maker is perfect for creating delicious and refreshing drinks in a hurry. This under-counter ice maker measures 16″ Long x 14″ Wide x 24.5″ High, and comes with a built-in or freestanding installation (front venting), includes a ice scoop and ice bin, and keeps ice frozen, no drain installation required.
- Keeps ice frozen for up to 24 hours with the auto shut-off feature, making it great for keeping your drinks cold during busy times. The high-efficiency CFC-free compressor makes this machine fast and efficient, while the refrigerant: R134A makes it safe for use in any environment.
6. Euhomy Commercial Undercounter Ice Maker
- The Euhomy commercial free-standing ice maker is perfect for anyone who has been worried about not making enough ice. It can create 100 lbs of ice per day and comes with a storage container for 33 lbs of ice. Plus, the automatic overflow prevention prevents your machine from overloading, which means you won’t have to worry about any overflows.
- Different from another stand-alone ice maker, Euhomy’s ice maker commercial has ETL certification and are approved for commercial use. This is both a household ice maker and a commercial ice machine. ThisIce Maker can appear anywhere! You can use it in your Home/Indoor Kitchen/Outdoor Kitchen, or Restaurant/Bar/Hotel/Grocery store, and so on.
- The ice maker machine commercial is equipped with a smart LCD panel. Any function and any operation can be solved in the control panel, which makes it an easy way to operate the machine. The panel also shows the temperature of the environment, reminding you to pay attention to it in order not to make mistakes while making ice cubes. You can adjust how often the cleaning process happens by adjusting how long it takes for the industrial ice machine to clean itself.
- The under-counter ice maker by Euhomy is efficient and quiet, making it ideal for a comfortable experience. It has a powerful compressor that allows the machine to make ice quickly and without any noise. Additionally, the machine has an energy certificate to help you save electricity on your behalf- this will be good for your wallet in the long run!
- In order to increase the life of your ice maker, it is recommended that you clean it regularly according to its usage. This means draining and cleaning water every day as well as pressing the “Timer Clean” button for more than 5 seconds in order to enter the “Cleaning Program.”.
7. Manitowoc SM-50A 14 3/4″ Air Cooled Undercounter Ice Maker
- If you’re looking for an ice maker that is both stylish and efficient, the Manitowoc SM-50A 14 3/4″ Air Cooled Undercounter Ice Maker is a great option. This under-counter machine has a water filter system integrated inside the machine with depth filtration and scale inhibitor, so it will never need to be replaced or cleaned.
- Plus, with its built-in led light, it makes it easy to find and use your ice maker at any time of day. And if you’re looking for a machine that can be installed into standard cabinet dimensions, the Manitowoc SM-50A 14 3/4″ Air Cooled Undercounter Ice Maker is perfect for you.
8. Mosel 15″ Undercounter Ice Maker
- If the ice maker in your fridge isn’t doing the trick, or if you just don’t have the time to get your ice maker calibrated and tuned up, the Danby Mosel 15-inch Undercounter Ice Maker is the perfect solution. This 15-inch under-counter ice maker has a sleek design and is designed for a perfect fit – it’s narrow, sleek, and saves space.
- Plus, its 3 different cube settings will provide you with a variety of options for how cold your ice needs to be. This top-of-the-line ice maker also produces 32 pounds of crisp, cold ice per day.
9. MOLOJOK Commercial Undercounter Ice Maker
- The new MOLOJOK commercial ice maker machine can make 123lbs of ice in 24 hours, making it one of the quickest machines on the market for making clear Ice cubes. Plus, it has a self-contained storage bin that supports 45Lbs(2000pcs ofIce cubes) per day.
- The Super Smart Ice Maker was designed with an LCD touch panel in mind. It is very easy to operate and clear to show different functions, like water shortage, timer, ice full or clean. Plus, it has an auto-cleaning function that can clean the ice trays, ice sink, and internal water pipes of the machine to keep them neat and free of odors.
- The wide application of the freestanding ice maker makes it perfect for many purposes. It can be used as a home ice maker or a commercial ice maker machine. The MOLOJOK ice maker is versatile and can be used for many occasions, making it ideal for restaurants, hotels, bars, cafes, and more.
- If you’re looking for a quality ice maker that can customize its thickness, look no further than the MOLOJOK. It supports customized ice thickness as you need it, and it takes just 12-16 minutes to create medium or thick ice. Additionally, the water filter and ice scoops are included so your drinks stay cold for hours on end.
10. Scotsman CU50PA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker
- The Scotsman CU50PA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker is perfect for any commercial application. The control panel informs about water conditions and approves the product for outdoor use. With its unique shaped gourmet ice that’s uniquely shaped, crystal clear, slow-melting, and odorless, it ensures that drinks won’t dilute their flavor.
- This under-counter ice maker produces gourmet ice that’s uniquely shaped, crystal clear, slow-melting, and odorless, ensuring that it won’t dilute the flavor of drinks. It produces 65 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (49 lb certified at 90°/70°), 26 lb ice storage capacity, and a stainless steel exterior with a built-in pump drain.
Tips and guide to buying the best Undercounter Ice Maker
You’re in luck! We’ve condensed hours’ worth of research into a single reading resource that will guide you through all the important points. Keep reading to make sure your next purchase goes smoothly and without any regrets.
How much ice do you need per day? If you’re only making a few drinks for yourself and your loved ones, a small under-counter ice maker will be just fine. However, if you’re hosting a party or throwing a barbecue, you’ll want something with a little more capacity.
Ice makers can be loud machines, but thankfully most of the models on the market today are very quiet. Still, it’s always good to double-check the noise rating before purchasing to make sure it’s something you’re comfortable with.
Water filtration system
Almost all under-counter ice makers come equipped with some type of water filtration system. This is important because it helps to impurities and sediment from your water supply, preventing your ice from tasting funky.
If you’re the type who likes to move their appliances around, look for a portable under-counter ice maker that can be used anywhere in your home, or even outside on special occasions. These units are great if you have limited counter space since they can often fold up when not in use.
No Touch Design
For those wanting to avoid germs and bacteria as much as possible, look for an under-counter model that has a no-touch design. This feature will allow you to open the door without actually touching any part of the appliance, keeping unwanted contaminants out and away from your delicious cubes!
As we mentioned earlier, most under-counter models won’t take up a lot of counter space. If you’re short on room, this is definitely something to consider when making your purchase.
Ease of Use
Almost all under-counter ice makers are incredibly easy to operate, with many featuring a one-touch design. This means that you can get started creating cubes in seconds without any fuss or hassle. Some of these models even come with additional features like built-in storage bins.
The best under-counter ice maker will be one that doesn’t require a ton of maintenance. If you’re the type who is always busy with work or other commitments, setting up and taking care of your machine should be easy enough so it’s not something that’s constantly on your mind.
Most under-counter ice makers require a standard water supply line in order to function. If you’re not sure if your home has one, be sure to consult with a professional or take a look at your unit’s instruction booklet before making your purchase.
When buying any big-ticket item, it’s always important to make sure that you’re covered in case anything goes wrong. Luckily, most under-counter ice makers come with a one-year warranty, which can protect you from any potential future issues.
Tips for using your Undercounter Ice Maker
- If you want your ice maker to produce the best possible quality of ice, use filtered water instead of tap water.
- Keep your machine clean by using a damp cloth to wipe down the exterior and interior every few weeks.
- Avoid putting hot items or liquids on top of your machine, as this can damage it over time.
- If you’re not going to be using your ice maker for an extended period of time, be sure to unplug it and store it in a cool, dry place.
- Only use the ice maker’s recommended type of ice cubes, as other shapes and sizes may not work correctly.
- To prevent any water leakage, make sure to properly align the ice maker’s drain hose with the sink’s drainage system.
- If your machine is making too much or too little ice, consult the instruction booklet or contact customer service.
- Don’t touch the ice maker’s cold surfaces when removing any excess ice, as this can reduce the amount of condensation on your skin.
FAQs about an Undercounter Ice Maker
How does an under-counter ice maker work?
An under-counter ice machine operates by cooling water to a freezing point, which turns it into ice. Once the ice is ready, it’s stored in an internal bin until you’re ready to use it. Some models will allow you to add new cubes at any time, while others may only produce a certain number of cubes before needing to be refilled.
What type of water should I use in my under-counter ice maker machine?
The best quality of ice comes from filtered water. If you’re not sure if your home has a water filter, consult with a professional or check your machine’s instruction booklet.
Can I use my under-counter ice maker for other things besides making ice cubes?
Most under-counter ice machines are designed specifically for making ice cubes. However, some models may come with additional features like a built-in storage bin.
How can I keep my under-counter ice machine clean?
The best way to keep your under-counter ice maker in tip-top shape is by wiping it down with a moist cloth every so often. Be sure to avoid using any harsh chemicals or cleaning products when trying to clean your machine, as this can damage its components over time.
How much electricity does an under-counter ice maker use?
Most under-counter ice makers only require a standard 120V outlet and will use anywhere from 300 to 1,200 watts of energy per hour. If you’re looking to cut down on your electricity usage, try using ice cubes made with cold water.
An under-counter ice maker can significantly impact your daily life by making it easier for you to enjoy delicious iced beverages. Whether you need an under-counter model or are looking for additional features like a built-in storage bin, there are plenty of options available on the market. With these tips and our suggested models in mind, you’ll be able to find the best under-counter ice maker for your kitchen.
We hope this article has helped you find the best under counter ice maker for your needs. Whether you’re looking to save space in a small kitchen or just want peace of mind knowing that there will always be enough ice on hand, we have found the top models and reviewed them so you don’t have to do all the work. If nothing stood out as perfect for you from our list then keep searching until you find what is right for your family and budget. With these 10 great options at your fingertips, it should only take a few minutes to decide which one is going into your freezer today.