Tarts can be sweet or savory and you have the freedom to use your creativity in deciding what filling is best. However, one thing that won’t change with any recipe is where tarts come from. The tart pans must match every need as well as standards so they’re perfect for whoever bakes them.
There are many tart pans to choose from on the market, but it can be difficult for people who don’t know what their perfect fit is. You might not realize that by opting for an incorrect type of pan you could end up with something less than desirable and disappoint those looking forward in taste as well.
Do you love to bake, but hate the time and effort of baking a pie? If so, you’re not alone. Pie is one of those desserts that are just as delicious as it is difficult to make. Luckily for all us amateurs out there, we don’t have to go through such an arduous process. We can use tart pans instead. Tart pans are similar to pie pans in shape and size. However, they come with their own unique features that simplify the baking process. Let’s take a look at some great tart pans.
What’s a Tart Pan?
A tart pan is a fluted round metal baking pan that comes in various sizes. They are typically made out of aluminum, but some are even manufactured from enameled steel or cast iron.
Different types of tarts are made out of different materials. The type of material used will determine how much the durability of the pan affects the quality of your end product. So what kind should you buy?
Aluminum is the most common type of tart pan material! It’s favored by professional bakers who want a professional-looking finish for their recipes. Aluminum is lightweight and nonstick, which means that your food won’t stick on the pan as you transfer it from one surface to another. You can also find tart pans made from anodized aluminum, which makes them scratch-resistant.
Enamel is a type of material that’s used to make tart pans of good quality. It looks like brushed stainless steel, but it’s more durable and resistant to stains compared to stainless steel. An additional benefit of enameled tart pans is that they are dishwasher-safe.
The Difference Between A Tart Pan And A Pie Plate?
Tart pans come with their own unique features that make them stand apart from pie plates. The most notable difference between the two is the shape of the tart pan. Instead of having high walls, pie plates have curved edges all around—which makes it easier to roll dough and to transfer it into your oven! Meanwhile, tarts are designed with straight sides that go down into a flat bottom crust. This design makes tarts perfect for pies that are with ingredients other than fruit since they hold the ingredients better.
Tart pans come in various sizes. These sizes range anywhere from just 4 inches to 12 inches. Their size is determined by their capacity, which means that you can use it for any filling. For example, you can use a mini tart pan for individual tarts and serve them as hors d’oeuvres at your next party! If you need something bigger, go with a standard-sized tart pan or even an extra-large one if your recipe calls for it.
List of 9 Best Tart Pans Reviews
1. Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Round Tart Pan
- Serve up something special with Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Round Tart Pan. This set contains six 4-3/4″ x 3/4″ tart pans, perfect for serving up individual quiches or tarts at your next gathering.
- The non-stick surface ensures easy release and cleanup, while the fluted edges create a beautiful crust on your creations. Make your next party memorable with Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Round Tart Pan.
2. Matfer Bourgeat Exopan Fluted Tart Pan
- Lightweight, durable and versatile. This single-use fluted pan from our line of professional quality steel cookware is a must-have for any chef’s kitchen arsenal. Made from fine steel with a tinned inside and enameled outside, this exopan tart mold has a removable bottom that facilitates easy cleanup.
- The sleek design means hassle-free storage in your commercial kitchen too. Its practicality provides an excellent return on your investment considering you can use it many times before washing, just think about how much time you’ll save when you’re cooking multiple recipes at the same time.
3. Abbe Homeware Tart Pans Set of 5 Different Sizes
- Looking for a sophisticated way to bake your tarts? Look no further than Abbe Homeware’s Tart Pans. Made with black carbon steel, these pans are sturdy and elegant, perfect for any kitchen. With five different sizes to choose from, you can create any tart you desire.
- Bake your favorite brownie recipe in the large pan or make a batch of cute little egg tarts in the small ones. Whatever your baking needs, Abbe Homeware has you covered.
4. Roll over image to zoom in VANFLY Tart Pans Set of 5
- The perfect gift for the baker in your life is this amazing 9-inch tart pan and four packs of mini-tarts. These pans are great to use when baking everything from quiche, pies, pizza.
- The pizza stone is long-lasting, durable, and can provide even baking for a perfect crust. The thickened 0.8mm non-stick coating bottom makes sure that your food cooks evenly while also being easy to clean.
- The bottom is designed to fit the sides perfectly, making it more difficult for any leaks. Additionally, since you can detach this section and leave only at your discretion (to make tarts easier), there’s no need to worry about losing anything during transport.
- The non-sticky bottom makes easy removal without any food residue and you can put them into the dishwasher as they are safe for home use. For the long term, please avoid using metal utensils on this product because it will damage its surface over time – better alternatives would be wooden or silicone handled knives.
5. IAXSEE Pack Round Tart Pan
- The Mini tart pan is made of high-quality, carbon steel. This material provides the strength and durability you need to cook with this utensil in mind. The nonstick coating on top ensures your food releases easily from its surface while reducing oil use as well – truly a win for both taste buds AND pocketbooks alike.
- The perfect set for any budding pizza enthusiast, this 4-pack of tart pans is sure to keep you satisfied. The 1 pack in 9.5″ makes smaller pies that are great with just about anything while the 10 inch offers enough space if your appetite demands it.
- Are you looking for a good-looking tart pan with the removal bottom design? If so, then this is just what your kitchen needs. The cleverly designed removable insert includes two extra shelves that help keep food from spilling as well as make it easier to take out and clean.
- The easy-to-clean surface coating of this pan makes it a great choice for cooking with oils or butter. Use a soft cloth or plastic scraper to remove any residue, then clean the live bottom pie plate in place without wiping away from corners where food can accumulate more quickly before cleaning properly.
6. Yamteck 11 Inch 9 Inch Round Tart Pans 4 Inch
- Removable bottoms are an excellent feature of the 11/9/4 inch tart pans, as they enable you to remove them for easy access during cooking. The non-stick surface also has a coating that makes demolding much easier and cleaner than before.
- Multiple Sizes Make Different Types of Tarts. 11-inch tart pan: 11*1.2in (28*3cm); 9 inch Tart Pan: 9 – 4 Inches, perfect for making delicious desserts like chocolate tarts and mini cakes Pièce de résistance? The 3-tiered wedding cake can be made in any size with this versatile pie dish collection.
- This tart pan is stronger and more durable than anodized aluminum, it has a non-stick coating that makes cleaning easy. The edge of our product has been carefully polished to prevent cutting hands which makes the experience safer for you.
7. DATANYA 8 Pack Mini Tart Pans 4 Inch
- This 8 piece tart pan set is perfect for creating individual desserts. The heavy-duty carbon steel materials make it durable and the silicone brush makes your baking time more enjoyable with its chic fluted edges.
- DATANYA MINI tart pans from scratch to perfection with their easy-to-operate false bottom and sturdy shells. The removable bottoms allow for an elegant dessert without affecting the appearance in any way, shape, or form.
- These metal quiche pans are great because they don’t stick to the pan and make for easy clean-up. The best part is that you can cook more than one at a time.
- The mini pie pan is the perfect size for tarts of all shapes and sizes. You can easily make little quiches, pies with easy-to-peel doughs like lemon or nutty flavors that will fill your home with a sweet aroma during baking time.
8. RICHSC-PAN Non-Stick Removable Loose Bottom Tart Pan
- The RICHSC-PAN 9 inch detachable pie pan is made of heavy-duty carbon steel and features a high-quality nonstick coating. The quiche pan will be perfect for your family or party appetites.
- The fluted sides of this tart pan make it perfect for making quiche and fruit pies because the large surface area allows you to pack in more ingredients. The non-stick coating ensures your dish stays clean, while a removable base makes the release stress-free.
- A RICHSC-PAN tart pan is a great option for bakers who want to be able to cook their deserts in both the oven and refrigerator. This wide dish has an easy cleanup, as well; you can wash it by hand or put it into your dishwasher.
- The RICHSC-PAN tart pan is perfect for creating delicious desserts, including pumpkin pie. The ridges of this unique dessert dish let you create an amazing crusted crust that will have everyone’s mouths watering when they see it.
9. Wilton Excelle Elite Non-Stick Tart Pan, 9-Inch
- Introducing the Wilton Excelle Elite Non-Stick Tart Pan. This professional-grade tart pan is perfect for baking fruit tarts with fluted edges and savory quiches. The two-piece design features a steel base with a non-stick coating that ensures easy release and quick cleanup.
- Dishwasher safe, but for best results, wash in warm, soapy water before use and after each baking session. Make sure your kitchen is well equipped for all kinds of tart goodness with the Wilton Excelle Elite Non-Stick Tart Pan.
Tips and guide to buying the best Tart Pan
If you’re seeking tart pans to get your bakery started, then we have the perfect size for any baking need. However big or small, whether it’s a quiche with bacon and eggs. Keep reading below as I share some helpful information about getting these essential kitchen tools:
The size you need will depend on the recipe that you are planning to make. Standard tart pans are around 3 inches in height and have a pastry circumference of 11 inches. A standard pie dish meanwhile is 10 inches in diameter with a 2-inch rim. If you want to bake something larger, then choose an extra-large jar pan which is about 4-inches deep by 14-inch wide at the top exterior ring.
Tart pans are typically made out of aluminum, but some are even manufactured from enameled steel or cast iron. Different types of tarts are made out of different materials. The type of material used will determine how much the durability of the pan affects the quality of your end product.
The design of the tart pan will determine how you are able to transfer your tarts from one surface to another. Some have removable bottoms which are good if you are transferring them from an aluminum sheet or a cake board. If you don’t want this feature then consider getting a solid bottom that doesn’t detach to your tart pan.
Type of Tart Pan
There are different types of tart pans available depending on where you will be baking them. If you want to bake tarts at your bakery then it is recommended that you get round cake pans with removable bottoms. For home use, tart pans with fixed bottoms that can go into the oven or microwave are good. This type of pan is also ideal if you need to prepare food in advance since they don’t require any cleanup.
The pan should be easy to clean. If you are using a metal sheet then the aluminum variety may bend when removed from an oven. This can be very dangerous if it is thin in nature. The safest option is to look for one which has ridged edges so that the pie dough does not get stuck between them and burn during the baking process.
Tart pans come with their own unique features that make them stand apart from pie plates. The most notable difference between the two is the shape of the tart pan. Instead of having high walls, pie plates have curved edges all around—which makes it easier to roll dough and to transfer it into your oven. Meanwhile, tarts are designed with straight sides that go down into a flat bottom crust. This design makes tarts perfect for pies that are with ingredients other than fruit since they hold the ingredients better.
Tart pans are deeper than pie plates which is why they are perfect for pies that have a filling. Pie plates serve the purpose of holding the crust together more so than its ingredients. So if you want to bake tarts with very wet fillings, then it is best to opt for tart pans with high walls since they will hold your ingredients better without spilling on top of your oven.
Tart pans come in various sizes. These sizes range anywhere from just 4 inches to 12 inches. Their size is determined by their capacity, which means that you can use it for any filling. For example, you can use a mini tart pan for individual tarts and serve them as hors d’oeuvres at your next party! If you need an even bigger tart pan, then choose the standard size for any baking need. However big or small, whether it’s a quiche with bacon and eggs or a four-course dinner consisting of an appetizer, soup, salad, and dessert, choose the right tart pan to suit your needs.
Tips for using your Tart Pan
- Make sure that you use a tart pan with the right size and design. Get one that is short and wide (3 inches in height with 11-inch circumference) if you want to make individual tarts. Getting a deep tart pan (4-inches deep with 14-inch exterior diameter) on the other hand is perfect for any baking need – regardless of your ingredients and servings size.
- Always prepare your tart before putting it into the oven. This will prevent it from sticking or sliding off during transfer, especially if there are no borders that have been greased beforehand. Always grease your tart pan even if it already has a nonstick coating.
- Always preheat your oven when using a metal tart pan because this will maintain its shape when exposed to heat. On the other hand, if you are using a tart pan with a removable bottom, make sure to place your oven on the low rack so that it doesn’t get deformed as it gets very hot when baking something in it.
- Always prepare your tart pan. If you want to make an unbaked tart (granita or creme brulee for example), then clean and grease your pan thoroughly until all of its grooves have been filled. Doing this will prevent the filling from sticking during baking.
- Introduce your sour-cream custard inside the cold tart before putting it into the oven. This will keep the butter from melting too quickly which makes it harder to spread evenly across the dough surface.
- Place aluminum foil over tart pans with a removable bottom before baking. The metal will keep the pan stiff so that it won’t bend or deform as you transfer it to the oven.
FAQs about a Tart Pan
What is a tart pan used for?
Tart pans are used for making tarts which are sweet or savory dishes. They usually have short, straight sides that go down into a flat bottom crust. A standard tart pan has a diameter of 9-inch on the outside and 2-inches deep on the inside. However, there is also a mini tart pan with a diameter of 3 inches and 1 inch in height.
What can I use if my tart pan doesn’t have high walls?
If your tart pan has low or no wall at all, then you can simply bake your dish in a pie plate with high walls instead. This means that you will not be able to transfer it directly from the oven to your serving platter due to its shallow depth so make sure to use a serving plate on hand.
What can I bake in a tart pan?
You can bake anything that you usually put into a pie dish. This includes fruit pies, quiches, and cream pies. You can also use it for small appetizers such as mini frittatas, baked biscuit rolls, empanadas, mushroom tarts, etc. Just make sure that your ingredients are not too wet or if they are very runny then line the insides of the tart with aluminum foil so that it doesn’t spill on top of your oven when baking.
How do I clean my tart pan after using it?
After using your tart pan, always wash it immediately while its contents are still fresh and wet. This will make it easier to remove stains on its surface since the metal is very thin and fragile. First, wipe the insides with a damp dishtowel then apply some dishwashing liquid onto it before rubbing thoroughly on its exterior and interior surfaces. Rinse thoroughly to remove any soap bubbles then dry it off immediately by wiping with a clean towel. Finally, place your tart pan upside down so that water doesn’t pool inside while it dries completely over time.
Can I use my tart pan for baking cakes?
Yes, you can do so but not in the same way as how you would use a cake pan. For starters, you need to butter your tart pan carefully until all of its grooves are filled. This will prevent the cake from sticking on top of its surface as it bakes. Secondly, you can’t bake any runny-type cakes in tart pans because they have very short sides which makes them unable to balance heavy batters effectively. Instead, you can bake pound cakes, ricotta cakes, and other dense desserts inside a tart pan instead.
Conclusion for the best Tart Pan
If you are planning to buy a tart pan, make sure to take note of its diameter because it will tell you what size tarts the pan can produce. Also, use it for baking heavy cakes instead of runny batters. Finally, always prepare your tart pan by greasing it thoroughly before putting it in the oven so that baking is easier and more effective.
If you’re looking for the perfect tart pan, we hope this list has inspired your kitchen creativity. From sweet to savory and from flaky to crunchy, there is a tart pan out there for every occasion. We recommend starting with our favorite picks that come at all different price points and then experimenting based on what type of tarts you want to make in the future. With these 9 best tart pans available today, it should be easier than ever before. Whether you’re hosting an elegant dinner party or making something quick and healthy for yourself, these recipes will help any foodie find their new favorite recipe.