Small saucepans are a must-have in any kitchen, no matter if it is your own or you are cooking for guests. They are ideal for boiling eggs, heating up soup, and pasta dishes – basically anything that does not require lots of room. The size also makes them much easier to move around than larger pans with the same function.
This means they are perfect when you’re short on space but still want to be able to cook something delicious without spending too long doing it. If this sounds like what you need then read on as we take an in-depth look at some of the best small saucepans available right now.
- 1 List of 14 Best Small Saucepans Reviews
- 1.1 1. Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- 1.2 2. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1.5-Quart Small Saucepan
- 1.3 3. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Small Saucepan
- 1.4 4. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Small Saucepan, 2.25 qt., Oyster
- 1.5 5. HexClad 1 Quart Hybrid Pot with Glass Lid – Non-Stick Small Saucepan
- 1.6 6. Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 2-Quart Small Saucepan with Cover
- 1.7 7. Gotham Steel Nonstick 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- 1.8 8. Calphalon Signature Hard-Anodized Nonstick 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- 1.9 9. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Small Saucepan
- 1.10 10. Farberware 21666 Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Small Saucepan
- 1.11 11. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Small Saucepan
- 1.12 12. Cuisinart Professional Stainless Small Saucepan
- 1.13 13. Cuisinart 719-14 Chef’s Classic Stainless 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- 1.14 14. Cuisinart 619-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- 2 Tips and guide to buying the best Small Saucepan
- 3 Tips for using your Small Saucepan
- 4 FAQs about a Small Saucepan
- 5 Conclusion for the Best Small Saucepan
List of 14 Best Small Saucepans Reviews
1. Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- Cuisinart’s French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 1-Quart Small Saucepan is a utilitarian saucepan great for heating and melting smaller amounts of foods. The tri-ply stainless steel will ensure even heat distribution, while the stay-cool handles allow you to cook without fear of burns.
- Cuisinart offers a wide assortment of high-quality kitchenware, including their all-new, Stay Cool Collection that features an innovative design exclusive to Cuisinart. You won’t want to live without these plates, containers, and more.
2. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1.5-Quart Small Saucepan
- The Cuisinart Chefs Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1.5-qt Saucepan has all the features of quality cookware, including professional styling with an easy-to-use interior that’s perfect for searing, sauteing, and browning.
- The stay-cool riveted steel handle is durable and designed for high durability to sustain everyday wear and tear while providing comfort when cooking. It comes equipped with a break-resistant tempered glass lid allowing you to monitor cooking easily while it traverses any surface in your kitchen (even stovetop temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit) without worry or scratches which also protects hands from heat during handling. Dishwasher safe for convenient cleanup.
3. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Small Saucepan
- Le Creuset’s signature line of enamel-coated cast-iron cookware has been a kitchen staple for generations. Dependably enduring while attracting the admiration of countless chefs, Le Creuset is our choice for that perfect stock pot or frying pan to help you live your cooking dreams.
- Durable and beautiful, these pots are versatile enough for searing meat before making an unforgettable soup or risotto to serve friends and family warm from the stovetop.
4. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Small Saucepan, 2.25 qt., Oyster
- While it’s true that Le Creuset Enameled cast Iron signature small saucepan is built to last, with an advanced sand-colored interior enamel and long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking, don’t take our word for it. Why not try one out?
- This little pot might turn into your new favorite kitchen tool. The rounded base helps ingredients blend easily while cooking while the 2.25-quart capacity allows for multiple recipes depending on the occasion.
- If you’re looking for a high-quality piece of cookware, look no further than Le Creuset Enameled Cast-iron Signature Small Saucepan by itself or as a part of this complete set from brand experts at Le Creuset.
5. HexClad 1 Quart Hybrid Pot with Glass Lid – Non-Stick Small Saucepan
- The beautiful hexagonal design of the wok is created through a laser etching process to provide both stainless steel and nonstick surface. This dual-layer allows your large pot to sear food well while using less oil, grease, or butter.
- The patented laser-etched hexagon design and tri-ply construction make the HexClad a PFOA-free, oven safe up to 500 degrees stovetop or induction range ready. With its stay-cool handles, it’s easy on your hands when you’re cooking with this premium wok.
- A saucepan that can last for years to come is what you’re looking for. The best construction technique includes a triple layer of stainless steel, aluminum with an interspersed nonstick coating process which makes sure even heat distribution and durability across the surface area.
- The Hexclad 1 QT Hybrid Pot is the ideal pan for your kitchen. It can be cleaned with scorching or steel wool pads, and since it’s scratch resistant you’ll never have to worry about scuffing up the surface of this durable titanium coated cookware.
- With HexClad’s dedication to quality and perfection, all non-stick cookware is backed by a lifetime warranty. Add HexClad’s non-stick pot cookware sets today.
6. Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 2-Quart Small Saucepan with Cover
- Introducing Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 2-Quart Small Saucepan with Cover. This is a gourmet cookware set designed to provide professional results at home, for anyone from beginner cooks to seasoned chefs.
- With 18/10 stainless steel and aluminum cores in the saucepans, you get perfect heat without added weight or heaviness in your pans.
- The tight-fitting stainless steel covers seal in natural flavors and juices while the rim is tapered for drip-free pouring. Use these pans on top of an electric range, gas range, oven up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit, under a broiler, and dishwasher safe. Making this cookware set ideal for both fine dining experiences at home or cooking right alongside your chef.
7. Gotham Steel Nonstick 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- Having the perfect release is an art, and this pan has been mastered. With Ti-Cerama coating on every side of its cooking surface, you’ll be able to slide your food right off without any oil or butter needed.
- The dish is durable, scratch-proof and metal utensil safe. The lightweight design makes it comfortable to use for cooking.
- The pottery from the masters of Indonesia could be used in an oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, but not on induction stoves because they don’t generate enough heat.
- Stay-cool handles are great for those hot summer days! Dishwasher safe is a breeze with this dish scrubber. The toxin-free Gotham Steel products will make your kitchen sparkle and the Professionally Toned Tone of Voice makes cleaning quick work – all without worrying about toxic chemicals like PFOA or PFOA making you feel unsafe in your own home.
8. Calphalon Signature Hard-Anodized Nonstick 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- Built to last, with a 1.5x more durable nonstick interior (vs Calphalon Classic). This heavy-gauge aluminum construction is perfect for those who want their pots and pans to be able to withstand high temperatures without compromising on performance or longevity.
- As its name suggests, this oven-safe skillet is perfect for cooking at high temperatures. It can handle up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and features a durable three-layer nonstick interior that’s safe against metal utensils making it easy to clean with just soap and water.
- Stainless steel long handles stay cool on the stovetop, and they’re super easy to clean. Good Housekeeping awarded this cookware with its BEST rating.
- Signature Sear is the perfect nonstick surface for grilling any meat, fish, or vegetables. It’s made with PFOA-free materials that perform as effectively and won’t damage your health as other chemicals used in cooking surfaces do.
9. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Small Saucepan
- This saucepan is perfect for making sauces, soups, and stews. The stainless steel layered over a thick aluminum core will help your food come out nice and even in temperature while the mirror-finished exterior looks elegant on any kitchen countertop.
- The handle is comfortable and the lid has a bell-shaped design with rolled edges. The stainless steel makes for an elegant finish, while also being durable enough to last throughout your day at work or school.
- You can cook in this stainless steel saucepan without worrying about it getting too hot. The pan is oven safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and dishwasher safe for quick cleanup after eating, which makes it perfect for any cooking enthusiast.
- This saucepan is a must-have for any household that owns the Farberware Classic Series. The coordinating colors and designs make it an attractive addition to your kitchen, while its high quality will ensure long life in use.
10. Farberware 21666 Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Small Saucepan
- This pan is made from durable aluminum, and it’s perfect for quickly melting butter or making sauce. It also works well as a small soup pot because of its size.
- The best feature of this saucier is that it makes cooking and melting foods much easier. With a nonstick surface, you don’t have to worry about scrubbing your pan clean after every meal – just use hot water.
- The perfect way to cook with flavor and warmth, this 1-quart saucier is an essential tool in your kitchen. Whether you’re preparing soup or oatmeal, melting butter for popcorn cornbread recipe ingredients like onions and garlic cloves on top – it can do it all.
- Saucier’s saucepans are made of durable and dishwasher-safe material for cleaning convenience. This small pot is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can cook on the stovetop or in your own personal baking area.
11. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Small Saucepan
- The Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Small Saucepan will make any kitchen look more authentic. Colorful, long-lasting enamel resists chipping and cracking, while the other interior enameling is engineered for staining resistance and endurance of temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The extended helper handle provides an added safety net during cooking time, while the contoured main handle makes it even easier to pick up this piece of cookware full of your favorite dish. The innovative curved design promotes natural liquid movement, making anyone’s dinnertime that much better.
12. Cuisinart Professional Stainless Small Saucepan
- More than a saucepan, this Cuisinart Professional Stainless Small Saucepan is a professional cook’s pan. The exclusive PowerBond high impact bonded base heats fast and distributes heat evenly – up to 500 DegreeF., while the riveted stainless handles provide strength and durability for ultimate control even in tough conditions such as scraping burnt food residue from the bottom.
- The tempered glass FlavorLock lid seals in moisture and nutrients so foods stay fresh, lock flavor strands together so nothing slips through, and guarantees natural aromas.
- This pan is oven-safe up to 500 DegreeF and broiler-safe up to 450° F also perfect for simmering delicate sauces right on top of your stovetop.
13. Cuisinart 719-14 Chef’s Classic Stainless 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- Owning a Cuisinart 719-14 Chef’s Classic Stainless 1-Quart Small Saucepan is a great way to prepare the best dishes without worrying about damaging your pan.
- This saucepan features 18/10 stainless steel surrounding an aluminum core for efficient heat distribution, keeping it from discoloring, reacting with food, or altering flavors on its own.
- Solid stainless steel handles stay cool on stoves and offer a safe grip while pouring efficiently – they won’t get too hot during cooking preparations.
- A rim that tapers smoothly also prevents messes by preventing drips and spills from dripping over the edge of the pot as you pour out ingredients. Finally, this small saucepan comes with a tight-fitting cover that will seal in any moisture.
14. Cuisinart 619-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1-Quart Small Saucepan
- Hard anodized is the perfect material for those who need durability and wear resistance. This type of metal won’t scratch like stainless steel, so it can be taken anywhere with you on your adventures.
- Quantanium nonstick interior is reinforced with titanium, providing lasting food release and making healthier cooking options easy. Cleanup will be a breeze too.
- Hard anodized construction is the best way to get excellent heat distribution. It quickly warms up, spreads warmth evenly, and eliminates hot spots so you can enjoy your food or drink without any discomfort.
- Cool grip handles are solid stainless steel riveted sticks on the stovetop to provide a safe and secure A, while additional features like drip-free pouring make them perfect for your kitchen. A tempered glass cover means that you can see what is happening inside without opening up more space.
Tips and guide to buying the best Small Saucepan
That’s a wrap for our reviews. But, if you’re still not sure which pan to pick up? There are some crucial steps that need take before purchasing the best small saucepan:
When choosing a small saucepan the size, type, and material it is made of the need to match what you plan on using. For example, a stainless steel pan with a 3-quart capacity would be perfect for heating up soup or boiling eggs.
It is hard to complain about having too much space in the kitchen; however, that becomes relevant when it comes time to store your pans. If your small saucepans do not stack well then you may end up spending more time looking for where they went than using them.
The best choice will usually depend on how big the pan is and what function you need it for. Non-stick surfaces require less oil and clean easily, cast iron can go from the stovetop directly into an oven and heat evenly, and copper heats up faster and more evenly than other types.
Easy to clean
You may not realize it until you need to clean them, but some pans are easier than others. Stainless steel and copper both require a bit more work than non-stick or cast iron. Avoid buying any that will be difficult to clean as they will just end up sitting in the cupboard until you finally throw them out.
Tips for using your Small Saucepan
- The most important thing you can do when using your small saucepan is ensure that it is not overfilled. If there are too many items in the pan then they will be more likely to end up spilling all over the place when cooking something like an egg or potatoes.
- Don’t press down on your small saucepan with a spatula while cooking, this will only make them hard to use and likely damage the surface of your pan. Simply rest them across the rim or side of the pan instead.
- Also, remember that anything like pasta or vegetables has its own cook time rather than just boiling for five minutes and calling it done. Read through any instructions before starting and keep an eye on what you’re making as it cooks; stopping early if it needs to be drained or leaving in for longer if it will need more time.
- You want your small saucepan to cook evenly so avoid opening the door of your oven while cooking with one, especially when using heat like boiling water. This may slightly alter the temperature and cook times you expected so it is best to wait until everything is finished before checking on them.
- To keep your pans in the best condition possible remember that they should always be hand washed instead of thrown in the dishwasher after each use. Even stainless steel can rust over time if not properly cared for.
FAQs about a Small Saucepan
What is a small saucepan made of?
Small saucepans are usually made from stainless steel, non-stick, or cast iron. Copper and aluminum may also be used but they are not as common. In most cases, it will depend on what is being heated up in the pan to determine which material will work the best.
Are small saucepans dishwashers safe?
No, you should always hand wash them after each use instead of throwing them in the dishwasher. This helps them stay in good condition for longer without rusting or damaging the surface.
Why is the handle on a small saucepan important?
When choosing a pan having one with a long handle will help to keep you from burning your hand when picking it up. Look for ones that have an easy-grip handle and are not just flat metal, which can be difficult to hold even when wearing oven mitts.
What are some common uses for a small saucepan?
Small saucepans are great for making sauces, cooking eggs, boiling vegetables or pasta, warming milk when baking things in the oven, etc… They are meant to serve many different purposes but you should always consider size before purchasing them since they come in many different sizes.
How do I know if my small saucepan is too hot?
If you touch the bottom of your saucepan and it is very hot then it is too hot. You should allow a few seconds for it to cool down before touching anything inside, especially if you need to remove something from the stovetop and into an oven just like in answer four’s example.
Conclusion for the Best Small Saucepan
When cooking you need to have the best equipment possible, which includes not just your skill set but also your saucepan. For smaller items like eggs or vegetables, a small saucepan is perfect, especially when it comes in an easy-to-handle size with heat-resistant material so you don’t burn yourself while cooking.
It’s important to remember that any money spent well on these small saucepans will save you from replacing them every few months. Stainless steel and cast iron both take more effort in caring for than nonstick but they are much better quality in the long run, making them worth paying extra for if you plan on having them for years.
We hope you enjoyed this article and found it informative. If so, please share with others who might also be interested in the best small saucepans on the market right now. There are many options to choose from, but we have narrowed down your choices for you by highlighting some of our favorites above based on customer reviews and expert opinions. Now that you know what is out there, feel free to buy one today.