Cooking at home is a great way to save money and eat healthily, but not everyone has the space or equipment for a full-sized stove. If you’re looking for an alternative, portable electric stoves can be a great option. They’re small, lightweight, and easy to use, and they can be used for everything from basic cooking tasks to baking pies and cookies.
In this post, we’ll take a look at the 11 best portable electric stoves on the market today. We’ll cover the pros and cons of each one, and we’ll help you decide which one is right for you. So whether you’re in the market for your first portable electric stove or you’re just looking to upgrade your current model, read on for our top picks.
List of 11 Best Portable Electric Stoves Reviews
1. Duxtop Professional Portable Electric Stove, P961LS/BT-C35-D
- Duxtop’s professional induction burner is small and lightweight, making it perfect for cooking on the road. It uses a standard 120V 15 amp outlet in North American homes, so there are no issues when traveling internationally. Duxtop also has an ETL listing built to North American electrical standards and will handle most dishes with ease.
- You can select from 20 preset power levels, which range from 100W-1800W, and 20 preset temperature settings (from 100°F-460°F). You’ll also find an 83% energy efficiency rating. This induction stove is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet features quick heat-up times and faster cooking times.
- The sensor touch panel is sensitive to touch and easy to operate. The angle control feature has a large LCD readout display screen, providing easy viewing from a distance.
- This product is made of steel that ensures durability, reliability, and heat distribution. With a 7-blade fan to quickly dissipate the heat, food doesn’t burn on this cooktop as it would on other units – just add water or spray with cooking cleaner. It’s so easy to clean your glass cooktop by wiping it down with a damp towel.
- Manufactured for reliable performance in commercial settings, these induction stoves rely on the cookware itself to heat up. Please allow the stove to cool down after use before you clean it. The bottom of each pot has a magnetic coating for efficient cooking and is at least 5 inches across so that it can easily attach or clasp onto one of these different pots.
2. Duxtop Portable Electric Stove, Black 9610LS BT-200DZ
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop is an easy-to-handle, lightweight, and compact choice for your kitchen. Its Digital LCD sensor touch control panel allows you to easily adjust the temperature settings while it also has a child safety lock system (press and hold the safety lock key for 3 seconds to activate), a fast boil button & a keep warm button. This cookware uses 120 volts of electricity, which is standard in every home; this appliance uses 15 amps as well.
- This timer can help you keep track of time! It has 1-minute increments up to 10 hours, and 20 temperature ranges from 100 °F to 460 °F. Additionally, it is equipped with a 5 ft cord and has power levels that range from 100-1800 Watts.
- This unit is compatible with induction cookware. It has a magnetic bottom, or cast iron and will automatically shut off after 60 seconds if no cookware or the incorrect type of pan is detected. There are also low and high-voltage warning systems to avoid electrical problems that might happen in your home. The ovens have ETL approval for North American standards as well.
3. Ovente Electric Double Infrared Burner 7.75 & 6.75 Inch, Portable Electric Stove
- Hassle-free Cooking Experience is an infrared technology cooktop that heats food quickly and evenly with a 1700W power supply. It uses LED lights for a sleek, modern look in any kitchen.
- This countertop burner works well with a variety of cookware. However, the best results occur when flat cookware is used that is as close to those sizes as possible (7.75″ and 6.75″). It can handle up to six pounds in weight.
- The sleek stainless steel housing and crystallite ceramic glass top make this grill perfect for any countertop. Plus it’s slim and light (4.6 lbs), making it great for small kitchens, studio apartments, or RVs too.
- The cooktop is easy to clean and so simple, it will only take you a minute or two. You must wipe the glass and stainless steel housing with a dry cloth, though.
4. Ovente Electric Double Coil Burner 6 & 5.75 Inch, Portable Electric Stove
- The 6” and 5.75” hot plate will heat up quickly and cook your food evenly without warping or bending over the years of use. The stainless steel heating tube is durable, resistant to high temperatures, as well as won’t easily warp or bend even after multiple uses.
- This coffee maker is great for keeping your favorite beverages at the right temperature. You can simply turn the control knob to the appropriate temperature setting to keep drinks hot or cold, then set it and forget it. The indicator light illuminates when you have reached your desired beverage’s perfect serving temperature.
- Compact and lightweight – perfect for studios, offices, and RVs. The stainless steel base means you can easily clean up food splatters with a damp sponge or kitchen wipe too. Easy to Clean – the design of the grill lets it be easy to keep clean.
5. Duxtop LCD Portable Electric Stove 1800W, 9620LS/BT-350DZ
- This digital Portable Electric Stove by Duxtop is equipped with two independent zones that allow you to choose the desired heat. The device uses 120 Volts, and 15A power, which is standard in North American homes.
- The child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. It is easy to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn – on the glass cooktop so it’s easy to clean-just wipe with a damp towel.
- Now you can select the perfect model for cooking. There are 20 presets per mode, so there is a setting that best suits your needs. Simply press one button to switch between modes; TEMPERATURE MODE is recommended to fry, steam, and saute while POWER MODE keeps food warm or boils water quickly.
- Electric cooktops use electromagnetic energy to heat the pots. This makes them extremely efficient and saves on energy costs while providing faster heating. To avoid electrical overload, the burners share power in a way that uses less electricity than they would if they were on individually when cooking is not needed.
- This double induction cooker is designed to be compatible with a wide range of surfaces that can conduct heat, including cast iron, iron, magnetic steel, and stainless steel. It has also been built to North American electrical standards.
6. Iwatani IWA-1800 Portable Electric Stove
- This Portable Electric Stove is the most durable and convenient option available for chefs of any skill level. It’s constructed to be as easy to use as possible, with a range of features that make cooking faster, simpler, and safer than ever before.
- Since these induction cooktops are slim and have a profile, they are lightweight. These units can be placed side by side as well. It is also easy to use with just one burner that offers 7 cooking levels and 9 power settings for precision cooking.
- Overheat protection is an important safety feature. If your pot or pan heats up too high and the temperature doesn’t lower within 60 seconds, this electric burner will shut off automatically and make a warning sound in order to protect you.
- If you leave a pot or pan on for too long, the induction countertop burners automatically turn off. If there is no operation after two hours, this unit will power down.
7. IMUSA USA GAU-80305 Electric Portable Electric Stove1100-Watts, Black
- This electric single burner stove is perfect for cooking outdoors or in the office. Its compact and portable size also makes it ideal for small apartments or dorm rooms. It doesn’t send or receive heat, so you can’t control your oven or oven baking.
- The Temperature Regulating Knob lets you know how much heat is being delivered to the pan, which is helpful if you’re using large quantities. The non-slip rubber feet prevent the pan from sliding around and the slim space-saving design makes it perfect for small spaces.
8. Cusimax Portable Electric Stove, Compatible w/All Cookware – Upgraded Version
- The CUSIMAX 7.1-Inch Cookware Set is compatible with pots and pans up to a maximum size of seven inches, including glass, copper frying pans, and cast-iron cookware. It uses the least amount of heat loss by using an innovative design that circulates the same temperature throughout your pan while cooking.
- Compared to other hot plates, infrared cookers heat up instantly. With a power rating of 1800W and 120V, they are a convenient way to put on your countertops or in an outdoor kitchen. They let you make sauces, scrambled eggs and so much more- even making pasta. Please cover your cooking surface with the lid when boiling water is needed for food preparation purposes only.
- What makes Hobart so special is its small size, which makes it extremely portable. This appliance can be stored just about anywhere and even used in a busy kitchen environment without fear of bumping into things or making too much noise because it doesn’t need a stove to function. Make your life easier with Hobart’s compact design and easy-to-use technology by wiping off the surface when cool.
- The infrared cooktop works by far-infrared heating and has no electromagnetic radiation, which is harmless to the human body, so it comes with an automatic safety shutoff function with temperature regulated by a thermostat for your peace of mind. It is made up of black stainless steel that can withstand frequent use and durable ceramic cooktops too.
9. Elite Gourmet EDB-302BF Portable Electric Stove, Easy to Clean
- NO Radiation, this infrared cooktop works by far-infrared heating and has no electromagnetic radiation. It is therefore harmless to the human body. The automatic safety shutoff function allows for you to cook safely with temperature regulated by a thermostat, which automatically turns on and off when needed.
- Black Stainless steel build designed to withstand frequent use in daily cooking activities without getting hot or damaging your kitchen surface. Durable ceramic top design that will last through many years of constant use.
10. LKZAIY 5000W Portable Electric Stove 220V (Rotary Switch)
- The WaterProof Control Panel of the Induction Burner can protect against electrical faults, which is a safety feature that helps reduce the occurrence of faulty workings. The body of the induction burner is made from one-piece stainless steel and there are no welds to offer quick water leaking inside.
- There are 8 power levels available to suit your cooking needs. These ranges cover a wide range of applications with different degrees of heat, and they go all the way up to 5000W. The best part is that you can sear, grill or boils with ease even when using just one power level.
- You’ll get all the benefits of cooking with this MDC electric induction cooktop. It has pre-installed power cord, so you won’t have to worry about finding one! You can use it anywhere in the world with any form of cookware.
11. Elite Gourmet Portable Electric Stove, Easy to Clean, Single, Black
- This Elite Gourmet Portable Electric Stove is an easy-to-clean, heavy-duty cast-iron flat heating plate that adjustable the temperature can make it easy to cook up a standards-low meal. The adjustable temperature control allows for quick and easy cooking whether you’re cooking up a game-day dinner or a quick and easy meal for the day.
- The 1000 watts of power is rapid for faster cooking and the indicator light shows you how much heat is being given off at a moment’s notice. This electric kitchen appliance is perfect for those who want to cook faster, easier, and without having to search for a stove power outlet.
Tips and guide to buying the best Portable Electric Stove
The hottest new trend in cooking is the portable electric stove. These small, lightweight devices can be used for all your meals on the go and they come with different features to satisfy individual needs like size or purpose that will best suit what you’re looking forward to.
Most Portable Electric Stoves will range from 600 watts to as much as 1800 watts of power for little added cooking abilities. Higher wattage means the stove cooks food faster and has a less likely chance of burning your meal, but can also be more expensive. Check with what you anticipate using it most for and go from there.
Some portable electric stoves come equipped with a timer allowing the users to cook their meal without worrying about burning it by being away too long or distracted playing on cell phones or whatever they have going on. It’s a nice option to look into getting especially if you’re always running late or thinking ahead isn’t really your thing that day.
This is a key function to look for when choosing your Portable Electric Stove. Especially if you’re wanting to bake pies or cookies and need that oven feature. There are many different sizes so if this is something you think may be frequently used, make sure to check the size of the oven and compare it to what you’ll be cooking.
One of the best things about portable electric stoves? They’re small and lightweight! This makes it easy to transport them anywhere whether it be taking them up to your cabin for the weekend or on vacation with you. Plus, they don’t take up a lot of storage space so they’re great for people who live in small apartments or houses.
Like we mentioned before, not all portable electric stoves are created equal. Some are larger in size than others, so it’s important to measure your counter space and see if it will comfortably fit. If you’re looking for a stove to use primarily for traveling, then a smaller option would be best. But if you need something for everyday use, a bigger model would be more practical.
Not all portable electric stoves are created for the same purpose. Some are better for basic cooking tasks while others have more features like an oven or a timer, making them better suited for baking or other more complex meals. Decide what you’ll be using it for the most and that will help you narrow down your choices.
Tips for using your Portable Electric Stove
Now that you’ve chosen the best portable electric stove for your needs, it’s time to learn how to use it! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Read the instructions carefully before using your stove for the first time.
- Plugin your stove and turn it on to the highest heat setting. Let it heat up for a few minutes before using.
- Place your pots and pans on the burner and adjust the heat as needed.
- Keep a close eye on your food while it’s cooking, especially if it’s new to you. Portable electric stoves can cook food faster than a traditional stove, so be careful not to burn it!
- Don’t leave your food unattended while it’s cooking. If you need to step away, turn off the stovetop and unplug the appliance.
- Clean your portable electric stove after each use. The smooth surface can be hard to clean and get burnt-on food off of, so it’s best to do this while it’s still warm.
- Keep children and pets away from the stove at all times while it’s plugged in and hot.
- Be careful when moving or transporting your stove – always use two hands for support.
FAQs about a Portable Electric Stove
Why Buy a Portable Electric Stove?
There are a few reasons why you might want to buy a portable electric stove. Maybe you live in a small apartment and don’t have the space for a traditional stove, or maybe you need something that’s easy to transport so you can take it with you on vacation. Portable electric stoves are also a great option for people who like to cook but don’t want to hassle with installing and cleaning a traditional stove.
Do I Need to Install a Portable Electric Stove?
Portable stoves are extremely easy to install – simply plug them into the wall and voila! You’re ready to start cooking. Some models come with accessories like pan holders, but these vary depending on the stove so check before you buy if you think this might be something you need.
How many watts does a portable electric stove use?
Wattage will vary depending on the type of stove you buy. The average portable electric stove uses around 1200 watts, but some models have higher or lower wattages. If you need a high-powered stove for things like frying an egg, look for one with at least 1800 watts to get the job done quickly and efficiently!
Which is better, an electric oven or a stovetop?
If you’re looking for convenient cooking that’s fast and easy, then buying a portable electric stove would be your best option. Portable stoves are sleek and small so they don’t take up much space yet still provide all of the features and functions offered by larger appliances like ovens. Plus it’s easier to clean these small appliances than a large oven.
What are the benefits of cooking with a portable electric stove?
Portable electric stoves are extremely versatile appliances that have many benefits over both traditional ranges and microwaves. This type of stove is often lightweight, compact, and easy to use which makes it perfect for camping or traveling. Portable stoves also offer more features than microwaves so you can do everything from poaching an egg to baking brownies with just one appliance! And cleanup is quick and easy due to its smaller size and smooth surface.
With a portable electric stove, you can cook just about anything anywhere. Now that you know the ins and outs of using these handy appliances, it’s time to find one for your home. Do you want a stovetop or a built-in unit? How many watts do you think you’ll need? Is size important to you? These are all things to keep in mind when shopping around so take your time and choose carefully.
Shopping for an electric stove can be difficult. We’ve done the hard work for you and picked out 11 of the best Portable Electric stoves on the market. These are not only top-rated but also come with reviews from previous customers to help make your decision easier. If you want to know more about what makes these products so great, read our post now or click any one of the links above to buy today!