The best outdoor flat top grill is a must for any family that wants to enjoy delicious food and drinks at their backyard party. Not only does it provide an ideal surface size, but also allows you the flexibility of cooking everything from eggs on sandwiches right up through kebabs.
In this article, I am going to review the 11 best outdoor flat-top grills for buying. A flat-top grill is a type of barbecue that has a cooking surface that is either completely or almost entirely flat. Outdoor flat-top grills are very popular because they offer many advantages over conventional gas and charcoal grills including ease of cleaning and even heating throughout the entire cooking surface. These benefits make them perfect for those who enjoy hosting large parties on their property as well as families with small children. In addition, all of these products come with a warranty from the manufacturer so you can be sure your purchase will last.
List of 11 Best Outdoor Flat Top Grills Reviews
1. Blackstone 36″ Cooking Station 4 Burner Propane Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- The new and improved side shelf, paper towel holder, trash bag hooks are just the beginning of what this amazing kitchen appliance has to offer. The rear grease management system will eliminate messes by catching any excess oils before they’re released into your home’s air filter or seeped through onto other dishes in order to keep it clean for everyone.
- The large, flat-top griddle is great for making breakfast or lunch. You can also use this when cooking dinner and it’s perfect because there are three different shelves that you’ll be able to utilize.
- You’ll never need to fire up your grill again with the Blackstone griddle. This convenient, easy-to-use device cooks food quickly and efficiently without all of that pesky hassle. Its high-quality material makes it durable so you can take this outside anytime for an enjoyable meal in nature’s backyard – no kerosene is needed when cooking on this amazing option from our store today.
- With a durable plastic handle that can resist heat and stains, this high-quality stainless steel construction is perfect for handling foods at temperatures over 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus its dishwasher safe.
- No matter where you’re planning on taking your next camping trip, the foldable legs and wheeled design of this handy barbecue will make sure that all the hard work is worth it.
2. Blackstone 36″ Cooking Station 4 Burner Propane Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- Blackstone’s new and improved side shelf gives the user a removable cutting board, convenient paper towel holder as well as trash bag hooks. Plus they have included their own rear grease management system to help eliminate messes in your kitchen.
- Whether you’re in the mood for breakfast or dinner, this griddle has got your back. With a flat top and side shelves to hold all of those essentials from meals on-demand at home – eggs sunny sides up. It’ll be hard not having an excellent time while cooking up some delicious food with friends over good times around here too.
- No more heating up the kerosene, charcoal, and matches. This Blackstone griddle is easy to assemble; simply follow their simple instructions. With a push of your button, you’ll have an outdoor cooking experience like never before- all without dealing with those hassle factors that come along when using other kinds of burners or barbecue pits.
- The durable plastic handle is heat resistant, allowing you to safely grab the ax barehanded. Plus this high-quality stainless steel construction can withstand high temperatures and resist odors/stains – making it dishwasher safe too.
- The Transport with Ease is an essential item for any backyard BBQer. This heavy-duty, yet portable grill will allow you to easily wheel your firewood around the yard or transport it from one location in no time at all thanks to its removable griddle top and fold-up legs.
3. CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- This combo grill and griddle is a small but mighty cooking area of 14.9″x13.4″, 190 sq inches for the grill section, and 179 sq inch on top to cook all your favorite foods like burgers, steaks, or bacon. It’s perfect if you’re camping with friends or just want some good old-fashioned backyard BBQing at home – in which case this could easily serve 2-3 people depending upon how hungry they are.
- The flat-top griddle is not only easy to clean, but also has a detachable grease cup and enamel grill for your convenience. Cleanup after use can be done rather simply by using soap water with paper towels or an old toothbrush.
- Heat up your home in no time with this rapid heating system. The powerful twin-tube burners and 11,000 BTU each will quickly bring any surface within range to cooking temperature so you can make delicious meals without worrying about it being dried out or burnt.
- The grill is made of durable materials that make it last for years. It has a flat top, black steel frame, and stainless steel burners with an easy-to-clean control panel on the side.
- The Table is easy to store in the garage, wheeled around when you need it, and can be placed on any surface without worry because of its detachable legs that make storage simple as pie.
4. Blackstone Tabletop Outdoor Flat Top Grill, 1666
- Introducing the Blackstone 22″ tabletop griddle, a portable and convenient way to make quality breakfast foods on the go. This durable tool has everything you need for making eggs sunny side up or scrambled with fluffy pancakes at your disposal.
- The Blackstone 22″ Portable Griddle is the perfect way to make your outdoor adventures into a delicious affair. This portable griddle has everything you need for whipping up eggs, hash browns, and more in style – all at one time or individually.
- The 339 square inch cooking surface of our outdoor griddle is perfect for making eggs and bacon. The 24,000 BTUs mean that all your food preparation needs will be met quickly.
- This heavy-duty griddle is powered by two “H” style burners that ensure optimal heat distribution and even cooking. The powerful burner can accommodate a large quantity of food at one time, while still being able to cook it evenly with its built-in igniters for your convenience.
- Innovative grease management system – Say goodbye to unsightly bacon greasy messes with our heavy-duty flat griddle. The rear of this innovative cooking tool contains all your after-cooking cleanup needs.
5. Blackstone 1883 Outdoor Flat Top Grill, 28″, Black
- Grill up some tasty treats with the Blackstone Griddle Station. It’s great for backyard grilling sessions, camping trips, and any other outdoor activity that involves cooking food.
- The convenience of this propane griddle is unbeatable. The hood keeps the surface clean and unscratched, while two side shelves allow you to dice veggies or season burger patties with ease.
- Grilling is a great way to cook food and it’s even better when you’re able to serve multiple people at once. The large cooking surface on this gas grill makes big batch meal prep for brunch much easier since there will never be leftovers.
- Built to last, the sturdy and heavy gauge metal construction of our outdoor griddle not only makes it durable but also contributes towards excellent heat distribution.
- Cook bacon without worry with our innovative grease management system from NSF International, a grading and certification organization that tests products for safety in laboratories. The flat-top griddle features an easy-to-clean drip tray to catch all the mess-making cleanup hassle-free after cooking juicy meats.
6. Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 2-Burner Propane Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- Looking for a spacious and powerful outdoor grill? Look no further than the Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 2-Burner Propane Outdoor Flat Top Grill. This top-of-the-line grill features a large cooking surface with 486 square inches of cooking space, as well as two independently controlled stainless steel burners with 13,000 BTUs of heating power each.
- The electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark every time you need it, while the efficient grease management system makes cleanup a breeze.
- Plus, thanks to its large caster wheels and brake system, this grill is easy to transport wherever you need it. Get ready to cook up some serious barbecue magic with the Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 2-Burner Propane Outdoor Flat Top Grill.
7. Camp Chef Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- This Camp Chef Outdoor Flat Top Grill is perfect for cookouts and outdoor events. The unit includes a flat top griddle and grill grate, as well as a grease management system that makes cleanup a breeze.
- With four stainless steel burners providing 12,000 BTUs each, the grill can accommodate up to 501 square inches of cooking surface. For added convenience, the Camp Chef Outdoor Flat Top Grill also comes with two large folding shelves, a propane tank holder, and adjustable leg levers.
8. Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- The Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Outdoor Flat Top Grill is the perfect addition to any outdoor kitchen. With two independently controlled burners, this grill allows you to cook at different temperatures, making it ideal for all types of food.
- The oversized 360-degree grease pan funnels grease away from the food and makes for easy clean-up. The stainless steel lid with vent allows you to roast, steam, bake or smoke your favorite foods. Plus, the folding prep table comes with a paper towel holder so you can keep everything organized and within reach while you cook. Assembles in 30 minutes or less.
9. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Outdoor Flat Top Grill, Black
- With sturdy feet for enhanced stability, this tabletop grill is perfect for small outdoor cooking events like camping and tailgating fueled by a 20 lb. propane tank (not included).
- The three separately controlled burners ensure an overall cooking power of 25,500 but with a push from an integrated piezo igniter, you will have fast and even heating. Settings can be adjusted to your preference between low or high heat as desired by pushing down on this button.
- There is a grill that has enough space for you and your family! This 7-in1 Polish (tabletop) Grill comes with an incredible 316 sq inch cooking surface. No more worries about complicated assembly before grilling so now everyone can enjoy the meal together in no time at all.
- No need to worry about leaving dirty dishes on your stovetop. The removable, slide-out grease cup collects oil residue while cooking and is easy enough for one person with proper leverage tools (like dish detergent) can easily clean up after use. And if that’s not enough reason alone then there are also detachable griddle tops which make washing easier than ever before too.
10. Royal Gourmet GB4001B 4-Burner Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- You can cook up to 52,000 BTUs of power with the four 13,000-BTU stainless steel burners. The low heat setting is perfect for delicate dishes like eggs and fish while high settings are best reserved for meats or pasta sauces that require additional robust flavors.
- When it comes to cooking food, the large griddle of this stovetop is perfect for a family’s breakfast and dinner. With 784sq inches of flat top surface area, you can cook anything from sausages to steak while enjoying teppanyaki-style dishes with friends or loved ones.
- The heavy-duty casters allow for easy transportation and the four corner locks guarantee that this stove is secure on any surface. The steel feet protect it from scratches while its powder-coated finish ensures durability.
- The large capacity grease cup makes it easy to clean your grill. The side handles allow for the removal, while upright stability ensures that anything else can stay put.
11. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- The rear grease on this unit is a new addition and it’s been improved with the latest updates from Blackstone. You may receive either an extra drain for your greases or one in front as well, but you’ll never need so much as before.
- When you’re looking for an easy, clean way to cook that takes the hassle out of outdoor grilling try this Blackstone Griddle. It’s simple enough even a guy with no culinary experience can use it and get great results in minimal time. With its battery-operated push-button starter system, there are never matches or kerosene required so now your favorite pastime is free from all those yucky smells too.
- The durability of this griddle makes it perfect for all your cooking needs. You can cook breakfast or lunch on the weekends without worrying about burning anything, and with its two side shelves you’ll always have space in stock too.
- This beautiful range has four 15, 000 BTU stainless steel burners that can be set low to high for a variety of cooking options. The propane-fueled by 20 pounds tank is tucked nicely under the left side shelf and makes this perfect.
- The durable Blackstone grill is built to last with a powder-coated steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled cooktop. Makes post-meal cleanup easy because it’s so simple.
Tips and guide to buying the best Outdoor Flat Top Grill
If you are looking for the best outdoor flat-top grills, then there are three unique features that should be considered. These include size/style, plate thickness, and usefulness kind. Even though they all achieve an identical end result in use; it’s necessary to carefully choose one which fits your requirements well at a lower price point.
Control Style & Temperature
The control style is fundamentally the difference between an outdoor flat top grill and a conventional outdoor grill. The conventional Outdoor Flat Top Grill offers three heat settings: high, medium, and low.
- High: This setting allows for direct grilling over a relatively high heat range, which is ideal for searing meats or cooking small foods quickly that would burn in lower temperatures. As well as this, it will also have the highest cost per unit of energy. In addition to the nine-foot cord with which you can cook up to 10 hours on a single tank.
- Medium: This setting is perfect for most general grilling tasks such as hamburgers, sausages, and vegetables when you won’t even cook without charring your food or burning it to a crisp.
- Low: The low heat setting is the best for smoking or barbecuing foods slowly over a long period of time, often overnight or for several hours at a time.
An outdoor flat-top grill comes with two types of temperature control: an adjustable thermostat and a manual control knob. This gives you more flexibility when it comes to cooking various types of food on your grill.
The material that the Outdoor Flat Top Grill is made from is another important consideration. The most popular materials are steel and cast iron.
- Steel: Steel is a popular option because it is affordable, durable, and easy to clean. In addition, it doesn’t rust making it a good choice for those who live in humid climates.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is a more expensive option but it offers many benefits over steel. It is very durable and can withstand high temperatures without warping, meaning that it is a good choice for those who want to cook at high temperatures. It also has a natural non-stick coating which makes it easy to clean.
The size of the Outdoor Flat Top Grill is an important consideration if you want to host large parties or cook for a larger family.
- Small: Smaller grills are ideal if you just want to host social gatherings or cook up a quick meal for yourself and your family. This size is suitable for small patios and balconies as well as camping and picnics because it doesn’t require much room. However, the small grill will not be able to handle high volumes of food simultaneously so I suggest buying one which has multiple cooking surfaces
- Medium: Medium outdoor flat-top grills provide an excellent surface size allowing you to cook enough food at one time to feed 4-8 people without having to go back and forth between the stovetop and grill. In addition, they can be used indoors as well as outdoors. Because this size has larger cooking surfaces, it will be able to accommodate grilling and frying.
- Large: Large outdoor flat-top grills are ideal for those who host large parties frequently because they can cook large amounts of food in a relatively short amount of time. In addition, their large size means that you can also use them indoors in the winter when you don’t want to go outside just to grill up some dinner.
The type of usefulness is determined by the different kinds of cooking trays available on Outdoor Flat Top Grills. Each style comes with its own benefits as well as drawbacks. Here’s an overview of each kind:
- Solid Plate: A solid plate does not allow for any excess oil or grease from meats and vegetables to flow into a drip tray. Because of this, the outdoor flat top grill will have to be cleaned thoroughly after each use.
- Tray: A tray is a good option if you want to collect your grease and oil for other uses such as cooking or making soap. The food should not stick to the surface because it should be heated evenly throughout. However, you must remember that cleaning these trays can be challenging since the grease has solidified into a thick layer on the surface whereas, with solid plate grills, excess oil just runs off into your tray or bowl without any difficulty at all. Solid plates are much easier to clean than trays which makes them overall more useful in my opinion.
The cleaning mechanism is an important consideration if you want to buy an Outdoor Flat Top Grill. The most common cleaning mechanisms are:
- Manual Cleaning: This option involves using a brush or scraper to clean the surface of the grill. It is the most labor-intensive option and can be difficult to clean all of the nooks and crannies.
- Self-Cleaning: This option uses high heat to burn off any food residue left on the surface of the grill. While it is more convenient, it can be dangerous if not used correctly and can also damage your grill if done too often.
- Automatic Cleaning: This option uses a motorized system to clean the surface of the grill. It is the most expensive but also the easiest to use.
When considering which Outdoor Flat Top Grill is right for you, it is important to take into account the different factors that make each one unique. By understanding the different types of flat-top grills and their features, you can buy the one that best suits your needs and cooking style.
The 11 best outdoor flat-top grills on this list are likely to be some of the most popular on the market. We think that these products will provide you with an excellent experience for years to come, and we hope that they help you find your new favorite grill! If one of our favorites isn’t quite what you’re looking for, feel free to explore more options in our buying guide. It’s worth taking a look at all of them before making any decisions about which product is right for your needs. And make sure to read through our reviews so that you know exactly what each grill has going for it. Happy shopping!