A Japanese rice cooker is an answer when it comes to making perfect, fluffy white rice. After all that attention and precision, you’ve put into cooking your meal with this fancy new cooktop gadgetry only for a pot of burnt grains in its final stages? Save yourself some time by using one of these appliances.
If you’re looking for the best rice cooker, then this list is your answer. Here are 15 Japanese rice cookers that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave them wanting more. The reviews below will provide you with all of the information you need in order to make an informed decision when purchasing a new appliance for your kitchen.
List of 15 Best Japanese Rice Cookers Reviews
1. TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Japanese Rice Cooker
- Introducing the TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Japanese Rice Cooker! This professional-grade appliance is perfect for anyone who wants to make delicious, authentic Japanese rice at home.
- The Syncro-cooking function “tacook” makes it possible to cook the main dish and rice at the same time, while the 4 cooking menu settings give you plenty of options for different types of rice.
- The easy-to-clean non-stick coating inner pan makes cleanup a breeze, and the included accessories like the non-stick spatula, cooking plate, and measuring cup make it easy to get started right away.
2. IMUSA USA GAU-00011 Electric Nonstick Japanese Rice Cooker
- The IMUSA Rice & Multipurpose Cooker will make the perfect rice dish at the touch of a switch. The glass lid will allow you to monitor your rice as it cooks, ensuring that it is fluffy and perfectly cooked every time.
- Cleaning is easy with the removable nonstick coated pot, which prevents your rice and other foods from sticking. Make your favorite rice dishes, vegetables, oatmeal, and more with your IMUSA Rice & Multipurpose Cooker.
3. Cuckoo CRP-RT0609FB 6 Cup Japanese Rice Cooker
- The perfect way to cook rice, porridge, and other dishes is with the steam cooker. With 12 different recipe options including GABA-friendly foods like glutinous or mixed rice, you can make your own personalized dish in under 2 minutes. The easy-read LED display screen has all of this information at a glance so there’s no need for complicated charts on paper when it comes time for dinner tonight.
- Intelligent Cooking Algorithm uses your selected menu option to provide energy-saving cooking temperatures and times. Meals are ready in no time, with an adjustable keep-warm temperature that you can set as well.
- The latest and greatest in kitchen design, the X-wall diamond-coated stainless steel inner pot is an excellent utensil for cooking. The nonstick surface enables foods to easily release from their grip while also being easy to clean up.
- For those who are looking to cook their own perfect rice every time, this is the appliance for you. Select between high-pressure or non-pressure cooking and create delicious meals with all different types of meats in soups or stews.
4. ZOJIRUSHI NW-LB10-BZ Japanese Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi Japanese rice cooker is a top-of-the-line appliance that is perfect for anyone who wants to make delicious, perfectly cooked rice at home. This cooker has a variety of functions, including white/sushi, brown, and GABA rice modes, so you can get the perfect results every time. And with its sleek design and stainless steel finish, it will look great in any kitchen.
- With its one-liter capacity, this machine is perfect for small families or singles. It features an automatic keep-warm function, so your rice will stay warm even after it’s cooked. And the see-through lid makes it easy to monitor the cooking process.
5. Zojirushi IH Japanese Rice Cooker
- This Japanese rice cooker is a top-of-the-line appliance that will make perfect rice every time. The large capacity and easy-to-use controls make it perfect for any kitchen. Plus, the sleek design will look great in any kitchen.
- It has a capacity of 1 liter and a weight of 600 grams, making it easy to transport and store. The voltage is 100 volts, making it the perfect choice for those who live in North America.
6. Zojirushi NS-LHC05 Micom Japanese Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi NS-LHC05 Micom Japanese Rice Cooker is a high-quality appliance that offers versatile menu settings and even heat distribution for perfect rice every time. With a detachable and washable inner lid, retractable cord, and interchangeable melody and beep signal, this rice cooker is easy to use and store.
- With its multiple menu settings and triple heater system, this rice cooker ensures even heating and optimal results. Plus, the detachable inner lid makes it easy to clean, and the retractable cord helps you save space when storing.
7. Tiger JAX-T18U-K 10-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Japanese Rice Cooker
- The Tiger JAX-T18U-K is a top-of-the-line, microcomputer-controlled rice cooker and warmer. The unit has 10 computerized cooking menu settings and 4-in-1 functions, including tacook synchro-cooking.
- The 1.8 mm thick inner pan ensures even heating and optimal results each time you cook. The easy-to-remove and wash inner lid and steam cap make cleanup a breeze.
- And for added convenience, the included cooking plate and cookbook are perfect for beginners or experienced cooks alike. Make perfect sushi rice, fluffy steamed rice, or savory one-pot meals with ease – the Tiger JAX-T18U-K 10 cup (uncooked) micom Japanese rice cooker.
8. Zojirushi NL-AAC10 Micom Japanese Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi NL-AAC10 Micom Japanese Rice Cooker is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy authentic, delicious Japanese rice at home. This cooker has multiple cooking functions, including settings for white/sushi, mixed, porridge, sweet, brown, and steam. It also comes with a black inner cooking pan and steaming basket accessory.
- The detachable and washable inner lid makes it easy to clean, and the delay timer lets you delay the cooking process by up to two hours. Plus, the easy-to-read LCD control panel with a clock ensures that you always know what’s going on with your cooker.
9. Tiger JNP-0720-FL 4-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Japanese Rice Cooker
- Looking for an easy-to-use and durable rice cooker? Look no further than the Tiger JNP-0720-FL 4-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Japanese Rice Cooker. This rice cooker features a Keep Warm function that will keep your rice warm up to 12 hours, making it perfect for busy lifestyles.
- The non-stick inner pan ensures easy serving and cleaning, while the spatula and rice measuring cup make it easy to measure and cook your perfect portion size.
10. Yum Asia Sakura Japanese Rice Cooker
- The rice cooker has a variety of settings for white and brown rice, all with their own unique flavor profiles. It can be set to cook sushi-grade ingredients in 7 different phases that will give you the best possible taste plus it includes three temperature modes so your grains come out perfectly cooked every time.
- Cook your favorite rice dish with the 7-step computer-controlled cooking technology that features tailored useful options. You can steam, porridge, or cook any type of soup for 24 hours and it will keep warm until you’re ready to eat.
- This cooker is the best investment you could make! Not only does it have durable and healthy water level lines, but also easy-lift handles. With this amazing device, all your cooking needs are taken care of in minutes with just one press on its stainless steel inner lid – including an instruction manual (for reference), quick start guide, even soup ladle included as well.
- This rice cooker’s modern, ice blue LED display is crisp and bright. It also features a 10-minute countdown for your favorite cooking functions. This sleek-looking appliance has a Korean Motouch control panel that comes in 3 different colors with its signature glossy body made from stainless steel or black plastic – which have been designed to match any kitchen style.
11. Zojirushi NL-GAC10 BM Umami Micom Japanese Rice Cooker
- The micro computerized Fuzzy logic technology in the rice cooker has six different settings to give you just about any type of food that your heart desires. You can choose from white, umami (savory), mixed sushi/sweet Jasmine porridge, or congee brown GABA brown quick white steam and slow cook options.
- Delivering enhanced flavor to your meals. The slow cooker function comes complete with a BPA-free steaming basket, while their powerful rice cookers offer more than just plain white fluffy goodness.
- Black is the new black? With this pan, you can cook like your favorite chef with its nonstick coating and easy read LCD control panel. Plus its dishwasher safe so all of those yummy foods come clean in one go.
12. Zojirushi Micom Japanese Rice Cooker & Warmer, Silver Black
- The 3-cup rice cooker is perfect for any family that loves to eat healthy and delicious food. It has a high-temperature setting, allowing you to cook your favorite dishes such as jasmine or basmati rice without having them stick together at the bottom of the pot thanks in part because of its large heating element. The removable steam vent cap can be taken off when cooking on top so no more messes everywhere.
- Automatic keeping warm is a fantastic way to ensure that you always have perfect rice at the ready. Your dishes will stay warm for hours without drying out, and the extended Keep-Warm function means they’ll be just as good when we’re feeling peckish tomorrow morning.
- The black 2.5mm thick inner cooking pan distributes heat evenly and is coated with a nonstick material for easy cleaning, making it the perfect choice to pre-cook any dish that requires dry heating methods or sauces like meats requiring high temperatures without burning them up before they’re ready.
13. Tiger Variable Pressure IH Japanese Rice Cooker
- The Tiger Variable Pressure IH Japanese Rice Cooker is a top-of-the-line appliance designed for those who appreciate fine cuisine. Its sleek, minimalist design houses an array of features that make it the perfect tool for anyone who wants to cook perfect rice every time.
- The built-in pressure system ensures that your rice will be cooked evenly and consistently, while the automatic Keep Warm function keeps your rice at the perfect temperature until you’re ready to eat.
- Whether you’re a home cook looking to take your skills to the next level or you’re a professional chef seeking a high-quality rice cooker, the Tiger Variable Pressure IH Japanese Rice Cooker is sure to meet your needs.
14. COMFEE’ 5.2Qt Japanese Rice Cooker
- With the 6-step cooking process, COMFEE has made sure that there’s never an issue with boil over. The intelligent design ensures fluffy rice every time by preserving steam and heat for perfect simmering.
- A Japanese rice cooker is an all-in-one machine that makes eating healthy and delicious food easy. With this 17 digital model, you can make specialty foods like pasta or soup as well as basic accompaniments such as steamed veggies – without having to own five different appliances.
- Imagine preparing a meal for your family, only to find out that the food is not cooked properly and could make you sick. Electric multi rice cookers are considered an effective way of cooking under normal pressure because they have cool touch handles which ensure safety when opening up any type of cooker.
- This 10 cup uncooked (5.2 Qt) capacity rice cooker is a great option for family gatherings, parties, or outdoor activities. It can produce anywhere from 10-20 cups of cooked fluffy white rice with its non-stick coating and easy cleaning inner pot design that will have you on your way in no time at all.
- You’ll never have to worry about being late for dinner again with the rice cooker. It’s so user-friendly, you can even set it by pressing just one button. Plus there is a 24-hour delay timer and automatic keep-warm settings that will make sure your meal is waiting when it’s time to eat without fail.
- Cleaning the stainless steel exterior of your cookers and making sure you have a clean removable steam valve is an easy task. The anti-stick inner pot can be washed in the dishwasher, while all BPA-free plastic accessories will last longer with regular cleaning.
15. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Japanese Rice Cooker
- Induction heating technology is the new way to cook rice, porridge, and soup with perfect results every time. The industry-leading process creates an electrical current that gets heated inside your pot. A sleek design makes it easy for you while an automatic shut-off feature guarantees safety.
- It’s no surprise that this durable 7-Layer Inner Pan is made from the best materials. The nonstick design with a copper exterior means you can use your pan for years without worrying about it losing efficiency or durability, just heating and pouring every time.
- 13 Pre-Set Cooking Programs will cook you a delicious and diverse range of rice. From traditional white, quinoa porridge or sticky brown rice – to frozen substitutes for those days when the oven just won’t do.
- The rice cooker’s automatic shut-off function prevents overcooking, while its handy keep-warm setting activates automatically when cooking is complete. The appliance will even hold your favorite dish at an ideal serving temperature for up to 12 hours after finishing.
- This is a set of the best pots and pans for cooking rice. The pot has an umami-enhancing taste catcher, 7 layers inner cooking pan with a special measuring cup to portion out the desired amount. It also comes equipped with a ladle or spoon as well as is scratch resistant.
Tips and guide to buying the best Japanese Rice Cooker
First things first, you ought to know the size of the Japanese Rice Cooker that will work for your needs. For instance, if you’re cooking for a large family or hosting many guests at once, then you’ll obviously need something that can hold more than just four servings at a time. A good rule of thumb is to find out how much rice you’ll be able to cook in one batch and look for storage options with enough room to accommodate it. If only making two three-cup batches of steamed white rice per dinner is all that’s needed, then look into getting a single-serving appliance versus one with an eight-cup capacity.
If the consumer isn’t planning on using this product daily or often, then small appliances are always a good option. They take up minimal space and aren’t as heavy as their larger counterparts, which even makes them a smart investment for those who plan on moving at some point in the future.
When it comes to Japanese Rice Cookers, people often ask if they’re made for more than just one type of ingredient or grain. Most will say yes, however, there are still some that might only work with certain types of food as opposed to others (like oatmeal as opposed to brown rice). Be sure to check the descriptions and be aware of whether it’s best used for steaming vegetables or something else entirely before making any purchases.
With these Japanese Rice Cookers, you’ll find that glass versions offer an easier time when it comes to monitoring the progress of your meal, whereas plastic ones are able to hold up against more heat. It all depends on the type of food that’s being cooked and how often it’s used, so be sure you can take an educated guess about what your preferences will look like before buying one over the other.
A number of appliances additionally come with detachable containers so that they can be handled with ease without interfering with their healing abilities. This is particularly useful for those who want something both easy to clean and durable enough not to chip or crack.
Some Japanese Rice Cookers give users a set number of cooking options while others offer pre-set settings specifically designed to create specific types of meals (like sushi rolls). It all depends on what the user is hoping to achieve as well as how much work they want to put into making their food.
Those who are looking for an especially easy machine to use should probably opt out of the ones with a large array of options and go with something simple instead.
As is often true when it comes to purchasing kitchen appliances, price is often the final deciding factor for many people. Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for and while some Japanese Rice Cookers might be cheap on cost, they’re not necessarily good deals if their materials aren’t made well or if they’re unable to provide users with everything they need in order to prepare food easily and effectively.
FAQs about a Japanese Rice Cooker
Why are Japanese rice cookers better?
The short answer is brand. Japanese appliances are known for their superior quality compared to others, which also makes them more expensive than products made by other manufacturers. However, most rice cookers are quite pricey no matter where they’re purchased from, so it all comes down to the needs of the consumer.
Japanese rice cooker are there any cons?
If there’s one thing that’s true about these products it would be this: not every single person will find a use out of them or think they’re worth getting at all due to various reasons entirely unrelated to the appliance itself (like taste preferences). There are people who enjoy certain types of foods but do not own rice cookers at home even though they have the money available to do so because they don’t think it’s worth the cost or is just one extra thing they don’t actually need.
When to use the Japanese rice cooker?
A Japanese rice cooker is for anyone who loves rice, sushi rolls, or anything else that requires precise measurements. If you’re someone who knows how to cook but isn’t an expert at it just yet, these appliances are also designed with this in mind so that everyone can benefit from their features without any extra work involved on their part.
How to maintain the new Japanese rice cooker?
You’ll want to clean out your rice cooker after each use. You might think this is a hassle but it only takes a few minutes and the results are worth it because you’ll be able to enjoy eating from a clean machine next time around, as opposed to one that’s been building up over time.
The price of a Japanese rice cooker
A basic model can cost around $100 to $200, but the cost only increases the more features they offer and in terms of material quality. Some appliances are worth spending money on due to their ease of use, large capacity in comparison to others in its class, or if it has more bells and whistles than others do. For example, there’s a big difference between a product from the likes of Zojirushi or Panasonic versus one from T-fal or Sunpentown.
All in all, Japanese Rice Cookers are a great way to make cooking easier and more convenient than ever before. They’re also valued because of how high their quality can be at the same time, so there’s little reason for anyone who wants good food to pass them up if they have the means to buy one. This is especially true if you own a Japanese kitchen appliance because it’s more likely than not that you’ll find something on the market right now that does what you want it to do or even more than that.
The Japanese culture has a rich history of rice and as such, there are many delicious recipes that can be made using these small grains. Furthermore, this article provides an overview of the 15 best Japanese Rice cookers to provide you with the information necessary to purchase one for your kitchen. It is important to note that we recommend selecting one from our list based on what type of cuisine you wish to make or improve upon. Our experts have selected their top picks for every budget and skill level so please take some time browsing through them before making a decision. We also hope you enjoyed reading about how the different types work and if not, let us know in the comments below why not? Lastly, don’t forget – once purchased it’s always good practice.