Instant pot creamy garlic chicken is a recipe that only takes a few ingredients, and can be made in one or two hours. It has an amazing garlic cream sauce that is incredibly moreish, and the chicken is moist and tender.
This dish is not only delicious but also low carb. There are many other variations of this recipe on the internet, but it always turns out well with this original one.
Instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- 1 Ingredients for instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- 2 Method for instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- 3 Cooking notes for instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- 4 Some questions about instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- 4.1 Can I cook this instant pot creamy garlic chicken on high pressure?
- 4.2 Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for how long?
- 4.3 What is the cooking time for this particular dish?
- 4.4 Can I make it on the stovetop?
- 4.5 Are chicken thighs suitable for this recipe?
- 4.6 Is this dish spicy?
- 4.7 This recipe can be made with frozen chicken, right?
Ingredients for instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- Chicken breast.
- Chicken stock- Garlic cloves.
- Onion powder.
- Acai berries and cayenne pepper flakes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Method for instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- All ingredients except chicken should be placed in the instant pot. Set on high pressure for 25 minutes, quick release when done. To shred the chicken, remove it from the dish and shred it with two forks. Return shredded chicken to instant pot, set on sauté mode on medium heat, and add your heavy cream until warm.
- Add shredded chicken back to the instant pot and stir together until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with white rice or a side of your choice. Enjoy!
Method for instant pot creamy garlic chicken
Cooking notes for instant pot creamy garlic chicken
- Approximately one hour is needed to cook this recipe.
- Use salt sparingly, as each brand has different concentrations of salt in them.
- Use first press extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- This recipe tastes best with garlic, which is why I like using whole garlic cloves. However, if you cannot find them then use fresh minced garlic instead.
- This recipe calls for shredded chicken breasts or cut-up chicken breasts. You can use any cut of meat for this dish; chicken thighs are really delicious too!
- I do not recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts because they are very dry and have a tendency to turn on you in your instant pot.
- You can double the chicken for a larger serving, and make this recipe in a 6-quart Instant pot instead of the 4 quarts.
- If you are cooking from frozen, it can take about 20 minutes to heat through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F/74C once done. I like to use frozen chicken breast because they are already cooked, so if I want additional sauce it won’t taste dry.
- Try adding shredded chicken to this recipe and cook until warm on sauté mode. This turns it into a creamy chicken alfredo served over zoodles.
Try adding shredded chicken to this recipe
Some questions about instant pot creamy garlic chicken
Can I cook this instant pot creamy garlic chicken on high pressure?
Yes, however, the cooking time will be about half an hour instead.
Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for how long?
Leftovers can last for up to a week in a sealed container in the refrigerator. You can also freeze this dish and consume it within 3-4 months with no loss in quality.
What is the cooking time for this particular dish?
Approximately one hour is needed to prepare this recipe.
Can I make it on the stovetop?
Yes, although you will need to cook it in a different pot with the same ingredients. You can google how to do that for any specific instant pot model you have.
Are chicken thighs suitable for this recipe?
Yes, but they are more expensive and not as tender compared to regular breasts. If you want chicken thighs add them in while the pot is still sealed; that way it will cook quicker.
Chicken thighs suitable for this recipe
Is this dish spicy?
No, but if you can handle hotter foods then add cayenne pepper or 2 to your dish while cooking.
This recipe can be made with frozen chicken, right?
Yes, but make sure to heat the chicken through completely and reach 165F/74C before adding the cream to prevent curdling.
Instant pot creamy garlic chicken is a tasty recipe that not only cooks quickly but is also low carb. It is a delicious meal that can be made in just over an hour and tastes better if made with fresh garlic cloves. This dish can be served with rice or a side of your choice and makes enough for two people to enjoy.
Thank you for reading this blog, and if you like it please share it with your friends. Feel free to leave any suggestions, comments, or queries in the section below!