Commercial Rice cookers can be found in all shapes and sizes. There’s one for the family, another with extra features that are ideal if you’re catering an event or just want to use it commercially- though these often take up more space than needed due to their size! For best results, I recommend getting something large enough so everyone has room on your table – but not too big where reliability becomes an issue since this is meant towards business usage as well.
A commercial rice cooker will serve lots of people better than its smaller counterpart because they need bigger capacity batches due largely to how many servings per batch might require cooking at once.
Do you enjoy rice? If so, it is time to invest in a good commercial rice cooker. Commercial rice cookers are very different from the standard kitchen appliance because they come with several functions and features that make cooking easy and efficient. These appliances also help save money by allowing you to purchase ingredients in bulk and prepare them for long periods of time without wasting any food. Plus, these machines can be used in restaurants and cafes as well! Here we review 11 different commercial rice cookers that we feel best suit all budgets and needs.
List of 11 Best Commercial Rice Cookers Reviews
1. Thunder Group SEJ22000 Stainless Steel 50-Cup Commercial Rice Cooker
- The Thunder Group 50 cup rice cooker is the perfect addition to your commercial kitchen. This appliance is made of durable stainless steel and has a sleek, modern design. It’s easy to use-simply add rice and water, set the timer, and let the machine do its job. The results are perfectly cooked rice every time, making this appliance a must-have for any busy restaurant or catering business.
- It is perfect for your home kitchen, as it cooks rice quickly and evenly while requiring little attention. This appliance is from Taiwan and makes a great addition to any dinner table.
2. Zojirushi THA-803S 8-Liter Electric Commercial Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi THA-803S 8-Liter Electric Rice Cooker is perfect for catering or commercial use! This electric rice cooker features a durable stainless-steel exterior and a detachable and washable inner lid.
- The large capacity of 8 liters is perfect for feeding a crowd, and the nonstick inner pan prevents rice from sticking. Keep your rice warm at the perfect serving temperature with Zojirushi’s THA-803S Electric Rice Warmer.
3. SYBO – CFXB100-4B Commercial Rice Cooker, Non-Stick Insert Pot
- This rice cooker is capable of making 20 cups of uncooked white or brown Basmati rice in 30 minutes, which makes around 40 servings. It can also prepare restaurant-quality dishes like risotto and paella for your next dinner party. The pot inside measures 12″ x 12″ x 6 5/8″, while the base alone has measurements at 13 1/2 “x 13 5.
- Rice is a fundamental part of any meal and will always gracefully compliment whatever you’re cooking, no matter how many times it’s cooked.
- The best selection for your culinary needs! This kitchen appliance offers a heavy-duty body, stainless steel lid with water measuring line, and non-stick inner pan. It also comes equipped with an automatic Keep Warm function that can be used to cook food quickly or keep it warm without burning anything on the bottom of the pot thanks to its simple all-electronic operation chipset included in this model’s high-quality standards so you’re assured safe use every time.
4. Proctor Silex Commercial Rice Cooker, 40 Cups Cooked Rice
- The large capacity of up 40 cups allows the operator to cook a batch of cooked rice, automatically shifting into keep warm mode after cooking is complete. The stainless steel housing makes this commercial-grade appliance durable for continuous use.
- The new nonstick aluminum inner pot is removable, easy to clean, and has visible water line-markings that assist with accurate liquid measurements. The stainless steel hinged lid makes it easier than ever before for you to open up your favorite recipe while taking care of other tasks at home or work.
- The detachable inner lid of this rice cooker is an innovative design that ensures easy cleaning. The condensation cup collects water released during cooking, keeping your counters clean and dry. Each commercial-grade unit comes equipped with a 900ml plastic measuring cup as well as one or two serving spoons for accurate portioning out to make fluffy brown risotto or sticky J Cooke from our local curry house proud alike.
5. Rinnai 55 Cup Gas Commercial Rice Cooker
- Looking for a dependable gas rice cooker? Look no further than the Rinnai 55 Cup Gas Commercial Rice Cooker. This commercial-grade rice cooker is CSA and NSF-approved, so you can be confident in its quality and performance.
- The accurate thermostat ensures precise cooking every time, while the automatic gas valve turns off when the flame goes out, making it safer and more efficient. Plus, with 35,000 BTUs of power, this rice cooker can handle even large quantities of rice quickly and easily.
6. Amko Ak-55rc 55 Cups Commercial Rice Cooker
- The Amko Ak-55rc commercial rice cooker is perfect for busy restaurants that want to serve delicious, perfectly cooked rice without any fuss. This heavy-duty rice cooker features a large cooking capacity of 25 to 55 cups, so you can easily cater to large groups.
- It also comes with advanced safety controls, including an automatic fire extinguishing device, for peace of mind. Plus, the easy operation makes it simple and straightforward to use – just press the ignition button and cooking button and you’re good to go.
7. Zojirushi NSF Commercial Rice Cooker
- Looking for a top-quality commercial rice cooker? Look no further than the Zojirushi NSF-approved Stainless Commercial Rice Cooker. This powerhouse can cook up to 20 cups of rice at once, making it perfect for busy restaurants or event catering. The nonstick inner cooking pan ensures easy cleanup, while the durable stainless steel exterior is built to last.
- And don’t worry about keeping your rice warm – the automatic keep-warm mode will take care of that for you. So if you’re in need of a high-performance rice cooker, make the smart choice and go with Zojirushi.
8. Rinnai Natural Gas Commercial Rice Cooker 55 Cups NSF RER-55ASN.
- The Rinnai Natural Gas Commercial Rice Cooker 55 Cups NSF RER-55ASN can cook up to 110 cups of rice, making it the perfect choice for businesses that serve large quantities of rice. It has both CSA and NSF certification and features an enamel outer casing with an aluminum cook pot for durability.
- The automatic two-stage burner ensures accurate and reliable thermostat control, while the automatic simmer feature keeps rice cooked at a consistent temperature. The cooker is easy to clean and comes with durable handles.
9. Hamilton Beach Proctor Silex Commercial Commercial Rice Cooker
- The large capacity allows the operator to cook up to 60 cups of cooked rice in one batch. One-touch operation: To prevent overcooking, this cooker automatically shifts into keep warm mode after cooking is complete and will not turn off until you manually do so with a press or two buttons on its front face. The exterior housing has been designed for continuous commercial use which ensures maximum longevity when it comes time for an upgrade down later years.
- The inner pot is removable, easy to clean, and has visible water line markings. The heated lid provides greater cooking consistency with its hinged design that opens up easily for fast heating while remaining attached at the base so you can take less space on your crowded kitchen countertop.
- The condensation cup keeps your counters clean by collecting water released during cooking. It has a 900ml plastic measuring cup and serving spatula for the variety of rice that it can cook, from white to brown jasmine-basmati or even grits.
10. Aroma Housewares 60-Cup Commercial Rice Cooker (ARC-1130S)
- The arc-1130s Commercial rice cooker is a high-quality piece of equipment, perfect for any restaurant or foodservice business. With its easy-to-use design and 1500 watts of power, it will make sure you get consistently delicious results every time.
- Find out how to have the most delicious rice without having any of your hard-earned money go towards wasted ingredients. Your 10 cups worth will always come out perfectly fluffy and be just what you need for that next meal.
- The arc-1130s is a professional rice cooker that comes with two measuring cups, stainless steel lid, and a nonstick inner pot. It also has an easy-to-use plastic spatula for turning your grains over before cooking or scooping out cooked rice onto a serving dish. The unit can cook up 30 cups worth of uncooked brown rice in feed mode but 60 full serves when it becomes something more than just water Solved.
- This rice cooker is a must-have for busy parents. With the ability to prepare up to 60 cups of cooked rice, this durable device will help you feed your whole family in no time. It has an electronic touchpad and automatic Keep Warm function that keeps it at just the right temperature so all those rich flavors don’t spoil as well; making pants perfect every single time without fail or extra effort on their part.
11. Aroma Housewares 60-Cup Commercial Rice Cooker (ARC-1033E)
- With Aroma’s powerful and proven cooking technology, you can enjoy the largest capacity. Pour 30 cups of raw rice to prepare 60 perfectly cooked cups in total.
- The OneTouch is a great way to get your food cooked without having the hassle of using an oven. This bad boy has an easy one-touch operation, just fill it up and power on for good measure.
- The best way to keep rice warm is with an insulated design. The stainless steel lid also keeps the food inside fluffy and ready, so you can enjoy all-day freshly cooked meals.
- This appliance can automatically keep your food at the perfect serving temperature with its automatic mode.
- The versatile cooking pot is the perfect way to make sure your meal prep goes smoothly. Easy cleanup means no more scrubbing burnt-on food or doing dishes by hand.
Tips and guide to buying the best commercial rice cooker
Commercial rice cookers can be a great way to ensure that your customers are getting delicious, perfectly cooked food. To help you find the best commercial rice cooker for yourself we’ve put together this list of features and considerations:
Color coding system
The first thing to look for in a commercial rice cooker is one that uses a color-coding system. Your average home model will only have indicators that show whether the machine is “on” or “off.” A commercial unit should come with at least three different lights – red, yellow, and green. Red means the device is on and heating up. Yellow indicates that your food has been cooked and all you need to do now is remove it from the machine using the included serving spoon. Green shows that everything worked out according to plan and you’re ready to eat!
Commercial rice cookers typically use specific colors for specific functions because these machines are meant for use by many staff members who may not be completely familiar with all of the details of their operation. A color-coded system makes it possible to make sure everyone knows what is going on throughout the entire cooking process.
Commercial rice cookers are often used in busy restaurants and cafes, so it’s best if your model can multitask with other products. For example, many commercial rice cookers can also prepare soup, stew, and even steamed vegetables. This helps save time on cleanup since you won’t have to use a separate cooker for your other dishes – it will all be done in the same unit.
Commercial rice cookers vary in size, and it’s important to get one that will meet your specific needs. First, make sure the unit has a capacity control feature to avoid having too much or too little food cooked at once (both of which can affect the quality of your dish). A unit with a higher wattage also means that you have more heating power to use. This means that it takes less time for your rice cooker to reach its maximum temperature, which translates into faster cooking times all around. Longer heating times tend to cause overcooked foods and mushy textures, so definitely keep this in mind when shopping for a commercial rice cooker!
One of the biggest benefits of using a commercial model is being able to select your preferred settings for cooking speed, how hot you want the cooker to run, and more. For this reason, it’s ideal if your commercial rice cooker comes with electronic controls that are easy to understand and simple to use. Look for indicator lights or even touchpads on your unit so you can program everything easily.
Next, you’ll want to consider what the outside of your cooker is made out of. Commercial rice cookers are used in kitchens, so they need to be able to provide reliable service for years without breaking down or wearing down poorly. Stainless steel is a great option because it resists rusting and doesn’t chip easily. The inner pot should be fully non-stick so that nothing sticks while cooking. Plus, all removable parts should have handles for easy removal while also being dishwasher safe!
The lid of your commercial rice cooker will play a major part in how well everything goes while the machine is on. Look for models with shatterproof glass lids – this makes it easier to monitor what’s going inside without risking breakage. Never skimp on the lid of your commercial rice cooker.
Tips for using your commercial rice cooker
- The cooking time for rice can vary drastically depending on whether you are making white, brown, or wild rice. For example, it only takes around 10 minutes to get brown rice fully cooked while white takes 20-25 minutes.
- When using your commercial rice cooker, remember that the minimum amount of water/rice you should use is 1 cup (250 ml) of uncooked rice per every cup (250 ml) of water. This means that if you want to cook 2 cups (500 ml) of rice, then you should use two cups (500 ml) of water.
- On the other hand, if you want to make 2.5 cups (625 ml) of rice, you’ll need to use 2.5 cups (625 ml) of water instead, and so on.
- When cooking oil with your commercial rice cooker, remember that it’s best to add it after the machine has stopped cooking as opposed to before. This is because adding oil to the rice before it’s been properly cooked can cause some dishes to have a greasy texture or taste.
- If you’re using your commercial rice cooker for steaming vegetables, remember that the water temperature should never exceed 100°C/212°F as this can damage some of your fruits and vegetables.
- As a general rule of thumb, always remember to leave the lid of your rice cooker open by about an inch (2.5 cm) after cooking is complete to avoid any mishaps and keep things under control.
- After you’re done cooking your food and everything has cooled down, make sure that all removable parts are thoroughly washed using warm soapy water. After that, just leave them out to dry before you reassemble the unit and store it for next time.
FAQs about a commercial rice cooker
Is a commercial rice cooker better than consumer models?
Commercial rice cookers and other industrial-sized equipment tend to be bulkier and more expensive, but they can definitely do things better. Instead of preparing anything from small servings to large crowds, their main focus is on doing everything well – and quickly – in order to make business owners’ lives easier. If saving time and cooking food to perfection is your priority, these units are worth the purchase.
What features should I be looking for in a commercial rice cooker?
You can never go wrong with an all-around sturdy design that’s mostly stainless steel and compact enough to be stored in small spaces when not in use. And don’t forget about the water capacity and non-stick pot – you want to be able to cook a variety of foods, but nothing should ever stick or leave foul tastes in between operations.
How do you cook rice in a commercial rice cooker?
It’s actually easier than you might think. To cook rice in a commercial rice cooker, just add uncooked rice and water to the machine depending on how much you want to make (remember that brown, white, or wild rice should be cooked for at least 20 minutes after it has reached full boil). Then put the lid back on and press start. When it’s done, lift off the lid and serve.
Can I use a commercial rice cooker to prepare anything other than rice?
As you might have noticed, it’s best to stick with grains when using these units unless you want your food to turn out less-than-desirable. If you just can’t resist trying something else, remember that most commercial rice cookers were originally designed for Chinese cuisine and may or may not kick out desired results with other types of meals.
What’s the best way to clean my commercial rice cooker?
The best thing about most commercial rice cookers is that they are completely dishwasher-friendly. However, this doesn’t mean you should do away with custom cleaning procedures. Soak your removable parts in hot soapy water following each use, scrub them using a brush and leave them overnight to dry before putting them back in their proper places.
Both commercial rice cookers and consumer models can be used to make simple meals, but it’s important to keep in mind that the latter is best for single people or couples. This is because they offer more versatility when cooking rice for smaller crowds, which normally means you’ll have to pay less time and effort on preparation compared to using a commercial model.
However, if you’re in the food service business or someone who needs to prepare meals for mass consumption, commercial rice cookers are definitely your best bet. They make things easier by doing everything fast and well every time, even if it means coming with bulkier sizes and bigger price tags.
That’s right, you can’t go wrong with one of these rice cookers. They are the 11 best commercial rice cookers on the market and we have reviewed each product to make sure that your purchase is a worthwhile investment for your business or home kitchen. If you’re still not convinced about which model will be perfect for your needs, check out our buyer’s guide. We’ve provided an overview of what to look for when buying a commercial-grade cooker as well as some customer reviews so that you can find the machine that fits all of your cooking needs. You’ll never want to eat bland white rice again once you see how easy it is to produce delicious brown rice in just 10 minutes! Ready?