Vegan options at Panera bread are a few but it is important to keep in mind that the food chain does not have many options for those who love to make vegan meals on their travels. However, there are plenty of vegan-friendly options that are still worth your while. Paneer sandwich and Gobi Manchurian served on a bed of white rice! Vegan corn soup with freshly grated cheddar cheese! And such tasty Vegan Baja Chicken Salad – it’s sure to please even omnivores. Paired with a nice cold glass of unsweetened iced tea, this dish might be the best part of your day.
Vegan options at Panera bread
Vegan options at Panera bread
Option for breakfast
- Vegan pumpkin granola.
- All-natural vegan sausage and egg breakfast sandwich.
- Vegan avocado and mixed fruit on multigrain toast.
Option for lunch/dinner
- Gobi Manchurian served on a bed of white rice.
- Vegan corn soup.
- Baja Chicken Salad with guacamole, and dressing, fresh veggies
- Paneer Sandwich – conventional cheese is used here but the same can be substituted by vegan cheese to make it suitable for vegans. The sandwich contains grilled paneer, lettuce, tomato, onions, and seasoning.
Vegan options at Panera bread breakfast
See details about how to order vegan options at Panda Express 2021 at: https://food4kitchen.com/vegan-options-at-panda-express/
Tips for eating vegan at Panera bread
- They have vegan soup options which are quite nice.
- They have a wide range of salads that can be made vegan through the substitution of cheese and dressing on the regular salad.
- Panera bread also has a separate menu for vegetarian/vegan food. This is a great place for vegans to eat out as the food served here is not only tasty but also healthy and fresh in comparison to other junk foods available outside. Most vegans choose Panera bakery for their quality dining experience as well as delicious and fresh vegan choices on the menu.
- You can modify your order by asking for no cheese or mayonnaise or other dairy products like butter in your sandwich etc. You can even ask them to have olive oil instead of mayo for your sandwich. The vegan choice is available in the separate vegetarian menu though you will have to pay extra.
- You can ask them to serve you a baked potato, baked squash, etc with your meal but substitute the spread or mayonnaise in it.
- If you are not sure about any of your choices then ask them to explain how they make their vegan food as it is always better than someone explains why he or she did not choose an option for you and even why they made certain decisions regarding the preparation of food for a vegan customer.
- If you are still unsure about asking them to accommodate your request then just ask them to be as careful with their ingredients as they can.
- They will try to avoid using milk or eggs in baking their bread for vegans but it is not possible for a bakery company like this one to do so. So if you are unlucky enough and they decide that they will use these then just pick a different item from the menu or skip that particular item altogether which is still available on the menu.
- As mentioned above, there are separate vegetarian and vegan menus here that offer a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan options on all days of the week.
Vegetarian at Panera bread
Calories in Vegetarian Options at Panera Bread
Vegan pumpkin granola – The dish contains 8 g of total fat, 5 g of total carbs, and 17 g of protein. There are 180 calories in this menu item.
10% Recommended Daily Value (DV) of Iron 22% Recommended Daily Value (DV) of Vitamin A 15% Recommended Daily Value (DV) of Folate 300 mg Sodium 2 % Recommended Daily Value (DV) of Vitamin K It also contains dietary fibers, thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, iron, and niacin in it.
Gobi Manchurian – The dish contains 10 g of total fat, 10 g of total carbs, and 3 g of protein. There are 190 calories in this menu item.
It also contains dietary fibers, thiamin, riboflavin, and calcium.
Here is a break up of the nutritional values given by Panera Bread for the vegan items mentioned on their menu:
Lunch/Dinner Vegetarian Options at Panera Bread:
- Vegan corn soup – The dish contains 170 calories. It also contains dietary fibers, thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin.
- Vegan Baja chicken salad – The dish contains 215 calories. It also contains dietary fibers, thiamin, riboflavin, and iron.
Soup at Panera bread
There are many vegan-friendly food options available at Panera bread. If you are traveling and wish to have a healthy meal at Panera Bread, then you can choose from their wide variety of salads and soups. You can even ask your waiter or waitress to provide you a vegan version of any dish on the menu. Vegans should try eating out in this place because the food here is tasty and healthy when compared with other junk foods available outside.
As always, it is best that you taste something before trying it for the first time. So make sure that before you order anything; you try a sample of what they have on offer (with prior notice).
Gemma Jane is the content editor for our website. She is a person with extensive knowledge and has many years of research in the field. The knowledge she shares is delicious, nutritious, healthy recipes. Currently she is living in the New York city with her husband and 2 sons.