The best 36-inch range hood will not only help you cook healthier, but it can also improve your home’s air quality and reduce cooking smells. Choosing the right one is hard because there are so many options available–it’s important that whatever type of unit (stovetop/gas) be matched up with its corresponding Configuration setting in order to ensure proper performance.
Thorough research should always precede any purchase decision as otherwise, buyers may end up regretting their choice down the line when they find out more information about how certain products function or what features would come into play most often during everyday use.
Our list of the 12 best 36-inch range hoods for sale on the market today will help you find a top-quality product that suits your needs. Whether you are looking to improve air circulation in your kitchen, or simply want one with an attractive design, we have narrowed down our selections to include all possible options. We hope these reviews assist you in making your final decision and buying with confidence.
The outstanding benefits of 36-inch range hoods
The following are some of the most common benefits that come with using 36-inch range hoods in your kitchen:
A good 36-inch range hood ensures faster cooking times by pulling away greasy particles at the source, allowing heat to pass through more quickly and evenly. This means that your stove will not have to work as hard to achieve the desired results, saving you energy in the long term.
The hood’s filters trap unhealthy particles and gases emitted from cooking foods like bacon, fish, or poultry. This means that you’ll be breathing in less of these harmful toxins, and your family will be eating meals that are cooked in a much healthier environment.
Range hoods come in all shapes and sizes, with many different features to choose from. You can find one that perfectly matches the design of your kitchen, or go for something more unique that will really stand out.
One of the biggest advantages of having a 36-Inch Range Hood is that it helps reduce cooking smells. This means that your kitchen will not smell like food all the time, making it more pleasant to be in. It also means that your home will smell better overall, as the range hood will help remove any unwanted odors from your living environment.
In addition to these benefits, many range hoods also have a light incorporated into the design. This makes it easy to illuminate your stove-top when you’re cooking in low-light conditions.
List of 12 Best 36-Inch Range Hoods Reviews
1. KOBE RAX2136SQB-1 Brillia 36-Inch Range Hood
- Commercial grade stainless steel is one of the most durable materials out there. It has a satin finish and seamless design that makes it look amazing. It’s also very thin, meaning it can fit easily in tight spaces. The exhaust on this product is top-of-the-line, having a diameter of 6” round and a depth of 12.18” from the top of the duct cover to the appliance outlet! Additionally, this product has an internal blower that delivers 750 CFM.
- The 3-speed mechanical push button with QuietMode is perfect for small and medium kitchen use. It has a Sone-440 CFM / 2.2 sone rating, making it efficient at low speed while providing high light output (x2) when using LED lights. The consumption/ampere is 300 W / 2.5 A, making this push button a powerful performer!
- The KOBE design, which includes a simple and easy-to-empty catch area and smooth hood surface, lets you clean the fans without disassembling the hood.
2. Cosmo 668ICS900 36-Inch Range Hood
- The Cosmo’s vent hood is one of the most efficient and quiet fan machines on the market. It can easily Ventilate your kitchen with an a380 CFM 3-speed fan, single centrifugal motor. The carbon filter kit for ductless operation sold separately (Part # CFK1-TM) also helps to reduce the noise level in your kitchen.
- The Cosmo ARC-FLOW Permanent Filters are dishwasher-safe and extremely durable. They don’t need to be replaced, just dropped in for easy maintenance on the fly.
- They believe that the quality of these premium 36-Inch Range Hoods is important, and they take great care in designing them to be beautiful, durable, and easy to use. They also believe that they should be affordable so that everyone can have a beautiful range hood.
- Range hood features 2-watt LED bulbs that are long-lasting and provide bright, high-lumen lighting for better visibility while cooking. They also work with a timer to ensure that they turn off automatically once the required amount of time has passed.
3. Broan-NuTone BCSD136BL 36-Inch Range Hood
- The 36-inch under-cabinet range hood insert offers a perfect solution to your kitchen ventilation needs. It is fitted neatly beneath cabinets and provides both an exhaust fan and overhead light, making it ideal for a variety of cooking and entertaining needs.
- The Captur system provides a MAX 300 CFM and 5.0 Sones performance to remove 97.4% of smoke and cooking odors from the air faster, making it easier for you to clean your kitchen air quality. The hidden 2-speed rocker switch allows you to quickly adjust the amount of noise output, so there is never any unpleasant smell in your kitchen again.
- Integrated lighting is a type of lighting that utilizes two levels of light to evenly illuminate the area you are cooking in. This style of lighting is controlled by a hidden rocker switch, making it easier and more efficient to use than traditional single-light controls.
- The dishwasher-safe open mesh grease filters in these dishe saw blades are designed to reduce the amount of food and grease that Reaches the Blades. The filters also feature a quick-release closure system for easy cleaning.
- This 4-way convertible installation offers a versatile installation option for your home. It installs as 3.25″ x 10″ vertical or horizontal ducting with damper, 7″ round vertical ducting (damper sold separately), or non-ducted with air recirculation (filter sold separately) to provide versatility in installation.
4. Cosmo 63190 36-Inch Range Hood, Permanent Filters
- The airflow and noise levels of the 380CFM air filter are efficient, leaving your kitchen smelling and/or adoring clean. The airflow can also be directed outside through a ducted range hood for easy ventilation. Additionally, this product includes an optional carbon filter that will help improve the performance of this unit.
- These Cosmo ARC-FLOW Permanent Filters are dishwasher-safe and extremely durable. You don’t need to replace these filters every 6 months as you do with other types of filters. Just drop them in the dishwasher for easy maintenance and cost savings.
- Bright, high-lumen lighting is provided by energy-efficient 2-watt LEDs. These lights are long-lasting and provide brightness for improved visibility at night.
- Cosmo makes hoods with cutting-edge technology and with the utmost care. You can expect beautiful premium range hoods at an affordable price, which will make cooking and cleaning experiences that are easier, brighter up your kitchen, and protect your health.
5. Comfee Glass 36-Inch Range Hood
- The 450 CFM exhaust fan provided by this ducted range hood is high-quality and provides up to 450CFM air suction for your cooking fumes. The 2 LED light is easy to operate, and it has buttons that control the speed of the fan. It comes with a 1.5W LED lamp.
- Stainless steel is a great material for body and kitchen cabinets. It’s durable and has a great size to fit in any space. This product also features an adjustable chimney, making it perfect for condos or apartments.
- The ZLINE 30 In. 400 CFM Designer Series Wood Range Hood (KBAR-30) is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and protect your home from the sun. With its high-quality durable reusable baffle filters, this range hood extracts smoke in a more efficient way and is suitable for dishwasher cleaning.
- You can follow the step-by-step instructions in the user manual or reference the Comfee installation videos as a way to install your range hood. Or, you can choose to have it done by qualified professionals. If you would like to convert your range hood into ductless, you will need to purchase The Comfee 2 Pack Carbon Filter Kit separately (Part # CVP/CVG-CF).
6. Broan-NuTone BKDB136SS 36-Inch Range Hood
- The 36-inch Under Cabinet Hood Insert offers a complete solution to your kitchen ventilation needs. It fits neatly underneath cabinets to provide an exhaust fan and overhead light, improving the air quality in your kitchen. The capture system provides a MAX 300 CFM and 5.0 Sones performance to remove smoke and cooking odors from the air faster, helping you save time while reducing odor production.
- In order to have an evenly lit cooking area, integrated LED lighting is ideal. With two-level LED modules, this type of lighting will be easy to control with a tap touch control. The dishwasher-safe filter helps keep your food clean and healthy while the bright 2-level LEDs give your kitchen the perfect amount of light.
- The 4-way convertible installation is a versatile way to install ducting. It can be installed either horizontally or vertically and has a damper for regulating airflow. The 7″ round vertical ducting (damper sold separately) also provides an ample amount of room for airflow.
7. Broan-NuTone 36-Inch Range Hood, 210 Max Blower CFM, Stainless Steel
- This 36-inch Under Cabinet Range Hood Insert provides both an exhaust fan and overhead light in one sleek, powerfully designed package. The hood is fitted neatly underneath cabinets for a complete solution to your kitchen ventilation needs. It also features an onboard switch to control the fan and light operation.
- With the help of a 2-speed rocker switch and an airflow of 210 CFM, this kitchen appliance improves the quality of air in your kitchen. The smoke and cooking odor removal performance is also great thanks to its MAX 210CFM airflow.
- The integrated lighting is built-in to the TV and can be controlled by a rocker switch. It will evenly illuminate your cooking area with a 75W incandescent bulb (not included). The dishwasher-safe aluminum grease filter helps clean the appliance quickly and keeps the grease captured well.
- This convertible installation is designed with a 3.25″ x 10″ ducted opening that can be connected vertically or horizontally to provide versatile installation at least 18″ above the cooktop. It installs as 3-1/4-Inch by 10-Inch vented only and has a performance of 160 CFM, 6.5 Sone (vertical or horizontal discharge).
8. Broan-NuTone 413601 Non-Ducted 36-Inch Range Hood, White
- The white hood insert on this high-quality ductless range hood is designed to improve ventilation and lighting over your stove with the non-ducted filtration system that effectively removes smoke and odors. It also has an EFFECTIVE INCANDESCENT LIGHTING feature that evenly distributes light over the cook-top.
- The Charcoal Filter is replaceable, so you can maintain optimum grease capture and keep the kitchen fresh. It’s versatile- separate rocker switches control the light and the 2-speed fan for easy use. The ideal size is 36″x18″, which should be installed at least 18″ above the cooktop.
- The Hoody with a white 36-Inch Range Hood is perfect for anyone who wants a sleek and stylish look. It installs without having to worry about the hood is ducted, making it super easy to set up. The rocker-type 2-speed fan with the separate light switch is great for keeping your room cool and comfortable during summer weather. Plus, the polymeric blade and light lens are designed to accept up to 75W bulbs (bulb not included).
- This natural Filtration System also removes smoke and odors, but it is not as effective at doing so. The Mitered sides and hemmed bottom are added safety measures to this product in order to prevent any accidents or injuries.
9. Broan-NuTone BCSD136WW 36-Inch Range Hood
- The 36-inch Under Cabinet Hood Insert creates a perfect ventilation solution by providing both an exhaust fan and overhead light. This hood insert is also designed to fit neatly underneath cabinets for maximum airflow.
- The Captur system provides a Max 300 CFM and 5.0 Sones performance to remove 98.1% of smoke and cooking odors from the air faster, making your kitchen odor-free in minutes. Plus, the hidden 2-speed rocker switch allows for quick adjustments for perfect results each time.
- If you’re looking for amazing light in your cooking area, look no further than this integrated lighting. It features two-level built-in lights that can accept up to 50W halogen bulbs. They are controlled by a hidden rocker switch, making them easy to use and perfect for any kitchen.
- The dishwasher-safe open mesh grease filters on this dishwasher are designed to keep your dishes clean and capture all the grease. This is an important feature as it helps to reduce the amount of Grease that gets on your dishes, making them more stain-resistant.
- The 4-WAY CONVERTIBLE INSTALLATION is a versatile installation that can be used vertically or horizontally. It has a 7″ round vertical ducting (damper sold separately), or non-ducted with air recirculation (filter sold separately) to provide an adjustable installation space.
10. Broan-NuTone F403623 36-Inch Range Hood
- The 36-inch under-Cabinet Hood Insert offers both an exhaust fan and overhead light to help improve your kitchen air quality. It also has a 2-speed rocker switch for quick fan adjustments. This hood insert is perfect for hiding any excess equipment or antennas from view, and it fits neatly underneath cabinets to provide a complete solution to your ventilation needs.
- The integrated light can be used to evenly illuminate your cooking area, and it’s controlled by a rocker switch for ease of use. The dishwasher-safe aluminum grease filter helps with easy cleaning and captures all the grease so you don’t have to worry about it later.
- The 4-way convertible installation is a versatile way to add ventilation and cooling capacity to your cooktop. It installs as 3.25″ x 10″ vertical or horizontal ducting with damper, 7″ round vertical ducting (damper sold separately), or non-ducted with air recirculation (filter sold separately) to provide the desired configuration of ventilation and cooling. The main benefit of this system is that it can be installed commonly 18″ above the cooktop for increased efficiency.
11. Cosmo COS-5MU36 36-Inch Range Hood
- When you install a slim profile under a cabinet or against a wall, it saves space. It also fits well under most cabinets because it is not too wide or tall. Plus, the optional carbon filter kit (Part # CFK4) makes this product ductless- which means you can use it with either a standard air conditioning unit or an electric unit.
- The Cosmo 3-speed motor is a very efficient and quiet machine. The filter included with the machine eliminates dirt, grease, and oil from your kitchen without making it too loud or noisy. This machine also filters out noise levels to be equal to other range hoods in terms of sensitivity. It has a superior multiple-layer filtering system that traps more particles than other machines on the market.
- If you’re looking for beautiful premium range hoods at an affordable price, then Cosmo is the right place to go. Their technology and care are top-notch, making their products perfect for cooking and cleaning. They also offer a great range of prices which make them convenient and affordable.
12. Broan-NuTone 423604 36-Inch Range Hood
- The 36-inch under-cabinet range hood insert provides a complete solution to your kitchen ventilation needs by providing both an exhaust fan and overhead light. It improves the air quality in your kitchen by providing a MAX 230 CFM and 6.0 Sones performance. The rocker switch allows you to quickly adjust the fan’s speed! This hood also fits neatly underneath cabinets for maximum ventilation potential.
- The Integrated Lighting system from this product is designed to evenly illuminate your cooking area with a 75-watt incandescent bulb. It contains an anti-glare lens to protect your screen and a rocker switch for easy use. The dishwasher-safe aluminum grease filter helps clean the equipment and maintains optimum grease capture.
- The vertical ducted installation is designed to fit 7″ round Vertical ductwork for simple installation. It installs as a seven-inch round duct and runs at 190 CFM, 6.0 Sone (vertical discharge) performance. The dishwasher-safe aluminum grease filter makes this product ideal for use in dishwashers.
Tips and guide to buying the best 36-inch range hood
What are you looking for in a 36-inch range hood? There’s more than one factor to consider when it comes time for your home appliances. Why not take the opportunity and have all these different options explained by someone who knows what they’re talking about, ourselves!
This is the first thing that makes each 36-inch range hood unique. All of them are made from different materials, so knowing what you’d like to cook will help determine which material would suit it best. There are many options to choose from, including stainless steel, enamel, glass, or aluminum. Different materials have their own benefits and downfalls, so it’s important to know what exactly you’ll be using your 36-inch range hood for.
The configuration is all-essential in our search for the best 36-inch range hood! There are two different types of 36-inch range hoods: stovetop and gas. Gas ranges require a separate ventilation system, as opposed to the stovetop range hood which vents over the cooking surface. This is an important detail to remember when making your purchase, as you wouldn’t want to end up with a range hood that can’t be used for your specific needs.
The CFM or cubic feet per minute is the rate at which air is moved by the range hood. This is important because it determines how effective the hood will be at its job. All 36-inch range hoods have different CFM ratings, so be sure to check this number before making your purchase. You’ll want a rating that is high enough to suit the needs of your kitchen, as well as your cooking habits.
Before buying a 36-inch range hood, it is essential that you know exactly how to install it. You’ll want to measure the dimensions of your cooking surface, so you can buy one which matches your measurements. Some stovetops come with their own ventilation systems built-in, while others require separate installation. Be sure to check what is included in the purchase, as well as what is needed for installation, so you can be sure that everything is accounted for.
The mounting height of your 36-inch range hood is important to consider. This is the height at which the hood will be installed above your cooking surface. Most 36-inch range hoods have a mounting height of between 24 and 30 inches, but it’s important to check this measurement before making your purchase. You’ll also want to make sure that the hood will be able to vent properly, so pay close attention to your ventilation system’s specifications before making a decision.
Some range hoods also come with built-in lighting. This is perfect for adding an extra source of illumination over your cooking surface, ensuring that you’ll always have enough light to see what you’re doing. This is a great feature if you have a gas range, as it will help illuminate your stovetop when using low light conditions. In addition to this, some 36-inch range hoods come with built-in LED lighting which gives the effect of being under a skylight.
This refers to the material that your grille will be made from. The grille is the part of the range hood that covers the opening where the fan is located. It’s important to choose a material that is easy to clean, as this will likely be one of the most commonly touched surfaces on your range hood. Most grilles are made from stainless steel, plastic, or aluminum, so be sure to keep this in mind when making your decision.
Ease of Use
The ease of use is something else to consider when searching for the best 36-inch range hood. You’ll want a model that comes with multiple settings, so you can choose the right one for every cooking occasion. This includes features such as timed fans, infrared deflectors, and even halogen lighting which can all be found on some of the most advanced models.
The noise level of a range hood can be an important factor to consider, especially if you have a big family and entertain often! Having the sound of a whirring fan over your dinner conversation isn’t exactly ideal, so make sure that you choose one which isn’t too loud. In addition to this, some range hoods come with built-in noise reduction technology, which can be a great feature to have.
FAQs about a 36-inch range hood
What size hood do you need for a 36 range?
A 36-inch range hood should be the right size for a range with dimensions of 36 inches. Be sure to measure your stovetop’s width and height prior to purchasing a hood to ensure compatibility.
What is the best CFM for a 36-inch range hood?
CFM ratings vary between different models of 36-inch range hoods. Be sure to check the CFM rating of any model you are considering before making your purchase.
How high should a 36-inch range hood be installed?
Most range hoods have a mounting height of between 24 and 30 inches, so be sure to check this measurement before making your purchase. The hood should be installed so it extends at least 6 inches above the range’s highest level.
Why buy a 36-inch range hood?
A 36-inch range hood is typically ideal for large families or cooks who entertain often, as it properly vents larger cooking surfaces. It also comes with all of the same features that smaller-sized hoods do, such as lighting and noise reduction technology.
What are some common features of 36-inch range hoods?
Some common features of 36-inch range hoods include multiple settings, timed fans, and noise reduction technology. Be sure to check for these features before making your purchase.
A 36-inch range hood is a great addition to any kitchen which properly vents large cooking surfaces. They come with all of the features you’d find on smaller range hoods, such as built-in lighting and noise reduction technology. In addition to this, they should be easy to install and use, so make sure that you keep these factors in mind when making your purchase.
There are many benefits to choosing a 36-inch range hood, with the main benefit being that it will vent larger cooking surfaces more efficiently. Ease of use is also something to consider, so be sure to check for features such as noise reduction technology and multiple settings before making your purchase.
36-inch range hoods are a must for any kitchen. Not only do they protect your appliances and cabinets from smoke and fumes, but they also help keep your kitchen air clean and healthy. If you’re in the market for a new range hood, be sure to check out the 12 models listed below. They are all top-rated by consumers and come at a great price point. So whether you’re looking for a basic model or something more high-tech, there’s sure to be a hood on this list that meets your needs. Happy shopping!