Teriyaki pork stir fry is a delicious and nutritious dish that you cannot ignore. This is an easy recipe that is sure to please everyone! The dish can also be prepared in advance and reheated. For this dish, the key is definitely using fresh ingredients. I always keep frozen vegetables on hand, but if you don’t have them on hand then fresh veggies are fine too.
Teriyaki pork stir fry
Ingredients for Teriyaki pork stir fry
- 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin.
- Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- A cup of soy sauce (low sodium if you prefer).
For the veggies:
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped.
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed & cut in half.
- Shredded or julienned two medium carrots.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely.
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root (you can add more if you like).
Nutritious delicacies: 5 best teriyaki pork chops recipes just for you
Directions for teriyaki pork stir fry
- To prepare the vegetables, combine the cabbage and red pepper with 1/4 cup water in a bowl and mix well. Wait 15 minutes to get the best results. Stir into a large bowl with soy sauce, sugar snap peas, carrots, garlic, and ginger.
- To prepare the pork, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add pork pieces to the pan. Cook on both sides until cooked through (about 5 – 7 minutes). Add to the vegetables along with the remaining soy sauce. Stir well and allow to cook for at least 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls topped with a little more soy sauce if desired.
Directions for teriyaki pork stir fry
Teriyaki pork stir fry recipe 4-5 servings See more recipes in this series.
- Ambiance: Low key, casual, relaxed Number of guests.
- Two Numbers of servings: 4 Prep time.
- Less than 1 hour Cooking time: 30 minutes Total time.
- Less than 1 hour Serves 4-5 This is a dish that can be made ahead and reheated later. For best results, triple the recipe and make it the night before.
Maybe you will need: The most delicious Ribs In Barbecue recipes
Tips & Tricks for teriyaki pork stir fry
- This recipe can be tweaked by adding tofu, chicken, or even fish. Each variation produces a different flavor that still goes well with the veggies and pork.
- If you don’t have fresh ginger, a teaspoon or two of powdered ginger works too.
- Try using different types of soy sauce based on your desired taste. Also, add some honey to give it a sweeter flavor if desired.
- Try adding about 1/2 cup pineapple chunks to the stir fry towards the end of cooking to give it some extra sweetness and texture.
- Instead of sugar snap peas, you can use another vegetable like green beans or asparagus.
- The recipe can be customized quite a bit. If you don’t like cabbage, carrots, or peppers then it’s best to replace them with something else.
- If you want the dish to be spicier add more red pepper flakes or some chopped jalapeno peppers.
- If you’re looking for a way to make the dish healthier, try using brown rice instead of white rice. You can also add some extra vegetables to up the nutritional value even more. Just remember that any changes that are made will affect the overall taste so decide what is best for your dietary needs and preferences.
Explore more: Best side dish with pork chops
Brown rice served with teriyaki pork stir fry
The teriyaki pork stir fry recipe is a very easy one that is sure to please everyone. You can make it ahead of time and it doesn’t take long at all. Because of this, it’s ideal for families with small children who need something quick but healthy to eat after school or on weekends. The dish also makes for a great dinner option with some sliced almonds and steamed rice on the side.
Brendan Roberts is a writer, photographer, and editor for Food 4 Kitchen. He is always eager to share useful knowledge with everyone. He graduated with a degree in journalism from Northwestern University in 2016 and now lives with his wife.