Slow cooker ranch chicken is a one-pot meal that’s a quick, easy, and healthy dinner recipe. It’s also known as Crock-Pot ranch chicken or Ranch Chicken in the Slow Cooker. This crockpot dish is ideal for a busy weeknight dinner option and/or for a potluck at church or work.
Slow cooker ranch chicken
- 1 Ingredients for slow cooker ranch chicken
- 2 Instructions for slow cooker ranch chicken
- 3 Tips & tricks for slow cooker ranch chicken
- 4 Slow cooker ranch chicken tacos recipes
- 5 Some questions about slow cooker ranch chicken
Ingredients for slow cooker ranch chicken
- Sliced and skinned 1 whole chicken.
- One and a half cups of softened cream cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of milk.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix.
- 2 tablespoons of prepared yellow mustard (Annie’s is my favorite).
I also usually have some BBQ rub mixed in with the seasoning packets. I’ve been making this same recipe for my family for years. The BBQ rub and cream cheese are optional. If you want it spicier, you can add a little more chili powder or hot sauce. The ranch mix is gluten-free and dairy-free.
Delicious esoteric recipes: Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Instructions for slow cooker ranch chicken
- Mix together the cheese, milk, and onion soup mix in a small bowl. Cook chicken pieces on the stovetop or in the slow cooker.
- Generously coat every side of the chicken with ranch mix mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and serve hot with desired sides. The original recipe called for serving with a lemon cupcake baked separately, but I prefer serving it with blue corn chips today!
Instructions for slow cooker ranch chicken
Tips & tricks for slow cooker ranch chicken
- If you prefer, you can use Boneless Chicken Breasts instead of a whole chicken in this recipe.
- If you don’t have time to mix the salad ingredients together before making your chicken, try substituting a prepared ranch dressing or bagged salad for the step where you would have combined all your ingredients. Then just add the ranch mix to that mixed-up salad after cooking and stirring up your chicken.
- Another option is to mix 1/2 cup of your favorite salad and 1/2 cup of ranch mix when you make the chicken, then thicken the mixture right before serving. If you don’t have a slow cooker, this can be easily made in a large sauté pan on the stove.
- Instead of making a salad to serve with your chicken, you can also enjoy it over cauliflower rice or your favorite grain.
- Serve this healthy dish with your favorite vegetables or other sides like rolls, corn chips, or simple and steamed green beans.
- You can substitute regular yellow mustard for dijon mustard for more flavor variation if that’s what you like.
- You can use your favorite BBQ rub with the ranch if you want to add a “BBQ” flavor to your chicken.
- I used pre-seasoned chicken and still added my ranch mix too, but you can adjust the seasonings of your chicken based on what type of seasoning you like or have at home.
- You can substitute tomato sauce instead of cream cheese in this recipe if desired (use 1 – 2 tablespoons). However, I do not recommend doing this for cooking times longer than 4 hours because you’ll change the texture of your chicken too much.
You can use mustard dijon for this dish
Slow cooker ranch chicken tacos recipes
Ingredients for slow cooker ranch chicken tacos recipes
- 4 flour tortillas.
- 4 to 6 ounces cooked shredded chicken (I like using my favorite cut, boneless, skinless thighs).
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce.
- 3 ounces of freshly grated cheddar cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream or ranch dressing (either the kind that comes in a tub or the kind you make yourself).
- 2 ounces grated pepper jack cheese (to top your tacos with).
Instructions for slow cooker ranch chicken tacos recipes
- All ingredients should be placed in a slow cooker. Turn the heat down to low and cook for six hours.
- Allow the cheese to melt in the slow cooker, then fill your tacos and top each one with a spoonful of shredded pepper jack.
Slow cooker ranch chicken tacos
Some questions about slow cooker ranch chicken
Is there any difference between ranch dressing and dip?
Ranch dressing is typically used for salads, but it can sometimes be used for dipping. Ranch dip is more often something you would serve with veggies or chips than on a salad.
What kind of cheese should I use for my ranch chicken recipe?
You can use cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack cheese.
Which side dishes do you recommend serving with this recipe?
You can serve your favorite vegetables or rolls with this meal too.
What is the difference between seasoned chicken and uncooked chicken?
The uncooked chicken will have much more flavor because the seasonings are already mixed into the meat. However, this recipe will cook your chicken for a long time so it will be cooked through.
Can I make this in a pan on the stove instead of a crockpot?
Yes, you can make this on any large sauté pan on the stove instead of in your slow cooker or oven if you prefer to cook this way.
I add too much ranch mix to my beans and it makes them soggy. What should I do?
You can add more ranch mix if you’d like to make your beans a little saltier but only use 1/2 or 1 cup. You can also add more milk and cheese to reactivate the ranch mix.
See details about cheese stuffed chicken breast at: https://food4kitchen.com/cheese-stuffed-chicken-breast/
Can I make this in the oven instead of a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make this in an oven instead of a slow cooker or crockpot.
Slow cooker ranch chicken is a great, healthy dish that’s so simple to prepare. It’s the perfect dish to brighten your day with. Try this recipe and enjoy! If you make this recipe, please be sure to snap a pic and hashtag it #Food4kitchen. Instagram would be a great place to showcase your creations! In addition to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, you can follow me there as well.