Sarku japan chicken teriyaki is a Japanese dish that combines chicken, rice, and teriyaki sauce. It’s the perfect meal for a quick weekend dinner or for a healthy lunch. Making Sarku japan chicken teriyaki is as easy as it gets; just mix all your ingredients in a bowl, fry the rice in some oil in a frying pan or on the stovetop to make sure it’s cooked thoroughly, pour your mixture into an oven-safe baking dish and pour some more teriyaki sauce over top.
Sarku japan chicken teriyaki is a delicious dish from Japan
- 1 History of sarku Japan chicken teriyaki?
- 2 How to cook sarku japan teriyaki chicken?
- 3 How to make sarku japan teriyaki chicken sauce?
- 4 Common mistakes when making sarku japan chicken teriyaki
- 5 Some questions about sarku japan chicken teriyaki
- 5.1 What type of paper is used to wrap sarku japan teriyaki chicken?
- 5.2 How to optimize the grill temperature for cooking sarku japan teriyaki chicken?
- 5.3 How long does sarku teriyaki sauce last?
- 5.4 How long does sarku teriyaki chicken last?
- 5.5 How long is fresh sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki good for?
History of sarku Japan chicken teriyaki?
Sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki originated in the 1960s When “California style” teriyaki sauce was not yet available. The dish is commonly served in a small oven-safe baking dish. The original way of preparing this meal is by mixing marinated chicken, rice, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl and then baking it on low heat (usually around 200 F) until it turns crispy and brown.
Sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki can be made with chicken breast as its main ingredient or add vegetables such as peas, carrots, or mushrooms to the mix for extra nutrition.
How to cook sarku japan teriyaki chicken?
Ingredients for sarku japan chicken teriyaki
- Half a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 1-1/2 cup of white rice.
- A tablespoon of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, or tamari.
- The sweet rice wine mirin (one tablespoon).
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
Ingredients for sarku japan chicken teriyaki
Instructions for sarku japan chicken teriyaki
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, rice, soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Stir to mix well. Prepare a baking dish that can be used in the oven.
- Heat oil in a pan or on the stovetop for frying the rice until it’s browned and crispy. Spread the cooked rice onto your sarku teriyaki chicken mixture in an even layer so that each piece will have some surface area exposed to cooking.
- Pour some of the remaining teriyaki sauce over top of the mixture and then bake in a preheated 200 F oven for 35 minutes until all sides of the dish are deep golden brown.
How to make sarku japan teriyaki chicken sauce?
- 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- The following ingredients should be used: 1/3 cup mirin (sweet rice wine).
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
Sarku japan teriyaki chicken sauce
Instructions to make sarku japan teriyaki chicken sauce
- To make a simple saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to boil over high heat. After 10 minutes of simmering, lower the heat to low. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a separate bowl, mix soy sauce with brown sugar to obtain a thick dark brown sauce.
- Heat sesame oil in a pot or in the microwave until it turns hot and starts to smoke when you put your hand near the pot. Pour teriyaki sauce into a pot and stir continuously until the mixture starts boiling; do not boil vigorously as the oil will become burnt.
- Pour boiled teriyaki sauce over the chicken.
Maybe you will need: Tips & tricks for chicken teriyaki on sticks
Common mistakes when making sarku japan chicken teriyaki
- Do not stir the rice mixture while cooking it in a frying pan or on the stovetop as this will result in burnt, scorched rice on the bottom of your sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki dish.
- Be sure to cool your cooked rice before spreading it into your sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki baking dish, this will ensure that each piece will be crispy and browned after baking.
- Do not add too much teriyaki sauce as this will result in a sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki that will be very greasy and not crispy at all.
- Do not dry your wiped sarku teriyaki chicken mixture on the dish rack too much, this could result in your mixture becoming stuck on the bottom of the dish after baking.
- If your oven is hot, there is a high risk of food burning in your oven after baking if you did not preheat it for at least an hour before baking as well as turn down the temperature at least 45 minutes before you start baking.
- Set your sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki dish on your oven rack the right way. Make sure that you won’t burn yourself by setting it upside down!
- Turn your sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki dish at least once after baking.
- Do not cut into your sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki with a knife as soon as it comes out of the oven! This will make all your hard work go to waste! Let it cool and set first before cutting into it to avoid making a mess in your kitchen and wasting half of the sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki sauce space-time continuum.
- Do not be stingy with the rice while measuring out 1/2 cup of white rice, this will not only result in your dish is too small for one serving, it is also unhealthy! Each piece will be half full or more.
- Make sure you separate the chicken breasts in different bowls before marinating them so that they won’t get mushy from each other.
- Do not overcook the chicken and rice in your pan before putting them into your baking dish as they might become overcooked if they are put on top of each other and baked simultaneously.
Serve sarku japan chicken teriyaki
Some questions about sarku japan chicken teriyaki
What type of paper is used to wrap sarku japan teriyaki chicken?
Sarku teriyaki chicken is typically wrapped in a layer of paper with one side scrunched up. The scrunched side of the paper is pressed onto the surface of the sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki, which prevents it from sticking to aluminum foil.
How to optimize the grill temperature for cooking sarku japan teriyaki chicken?
The optimum temperature for cooking sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki is about 375 – 400 F. If the heat is too high, the sarku Japanese chicken will burn and if the temperature is too low, it will be tough to cook it thoroughly.
How long does sarku teriyaki sauce last?
Soy sauce has a long shelf life of 2 or more years in a dark and cool place. Its color may turn into light amber when you keep it for a longer period of time.
How long does sarku teriyaki chicken last?
Sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki can be stored for up to 2 days when kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long is fresh sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki good for?
Refrigerated sarku Japanese chicken teriyaki can last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator’s meat drawer. Putting it in the vegetable bin may cause its color to turn light yellow because of the vegetables’ chlorophyll.
Sarku japan chicken teriyaki is a popular dish that is easy to prepare! With sarku, Japanese chicken teriyaki, rice, soy sauce, mirin and sugar are used to marinate boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Maybe you don’t know: Bacon and cheese stuffed chicken breast
After marinating the chicken in these ingredients and letting it rest for about half an hour or so, the chicken should be fried with a little amount of oil until it’s fully cooked. The leftover frying oil should be used as a substitute for vegetable oil when sauteing the rice in order to give it its browned and crispy crunchy texture.