Bake thin-sliced chicken breasts are a great way to simplify and change up the old standby recipe of whole wheat breaded chicken breasts from beyond bread. This low-carb technique is surprisingly fast, easy, and simple to make as well. Moreover, it is a healthy alternative with fats that are good for you in contrast to the savory taste and texture of whole-wheat breading. On top of all this, it might just become your new favorite dish!
Thin sliced chicken breasts are a healthier alternative because they go with a variety of low-carb vegetables like cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash whereas in whole wheat breading chicken breasts would be hard to incorporate into many other dishes.
Bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
Delicious esoteric recipes: How to bake chicken breast in foil?
- 1 How to bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 2 Some questions about bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 2.1 Can I use chicken breasts that are much larger in size?
- 2.2 Is it healthy to eat thin-sliced chicken breasts?
- 2.3 What are some other alternatives to spaghetti squash?
- 2.4 What kind of seasoning adds flavor to thin-sliced chicken breasts?
- 2.5 What is the best fat to use when making thin-sliced chicken breasts?
- 2.6 What kind of cheese should I use on top of thin-sliced chicken breasts?
- 2.7 Can I make thin-sliced chicken with cheese instead of goat cheese?
How to bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
Ingredients for bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Chicken breasts.
- Coconut oil or olive oil.
- Seasoning: garlic salt, Mrs. Dash, or any other spice that you like!
- Goat cheese (optional).
Directions for bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Start the oven by preheating it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with a paper towel or cloth before placing them in a resealable plastic bag (this keeps the spices from falling off). To season the chicken, combine 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash with ¼ cup coconut oil or olive oil. On a slice of bread, place 2-3 tablespoons of goat cheese to create a layer of fat and fat that adheres to the chicken breast while they cook. A baking sheet should be used to place chicken breasts.
- To bake the chicken breasts, brush them with your spice mixture and cover each piece with your coconut oil or olive oil sauce before placing them in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, and serve when they are golden brown and done!
Directions for bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
Useful knowledge for you: Creamy garlic chicken recipe – History and how to
Cooking notes for bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
- You can use any vegetable that you want to replace the spaghetti squash
- You can also add lemon juice to the coconut oil by squeezing enough of one lemon into a bowl and microwaving it, or using a zest of lemon to season it with.
- You can also use slices of chicken breast that are larger in size instead of thin-sliced chicken breasts (whole wheat breading is better for this case).
- Cover the baking sheet with tin foil before placing it in the oven to prevent extra grease from dripping onto your oven rack (keep your other baking sheets clean so as not to have extra grease on them).
- You can change the spices to your liking, or add more seasoning if you want!
- You can also use buffalo, pepper jack, or cheddar cheese to sandwich the chicken with instead of goat cheese for a different flavor!
- The skin of the chicken breast does not need to be removed because it will be thinly sliced!
- On average, you would not use more than 4 thin-sliced chicken breasts per person. If you want to make a large amount, just increase all ingredients proportionally.
- You can use any other vegetables that you would like to replace the spaghetti squash such as carrots, broccoli, zucchini, etc.
- Experiment and change it up! You can’t go wrong when making thin-sliced chicken breasts!
You can change to make this dish more delicious
Some questions about bake thin-sliced chicken breasts
Can I use chicken breasts that are much larger in size?
The answer is yes, but the cooking time of each piece would be longer. So if you want to make a large amount of chicken, it would be best to use thin-sliced chicken breasts.
Is it healthy to eat thin-sliced chicken breasts?
Yes! Because of the fats that are added, they are better for you than whole wheat breading which usually consists of white flour and many carbs. They allow you to reduce your carb intake by replacing it with vegetables!
What are some other alternatives to spaghetti squash?
There is no limit to the type of vegetables you can use! Try vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, etc. Almost all vegetables would be delicious with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper.
What kind of seasoning adds flavor to thin-sliced chicken breasts?
Any herbs or spices that you like will complement a thin-sliced chicken breast! My favorite is Mrs. Dash onion and herb which is not too spicy but gives the chicken breast a great flavor with all the seasoning that it needs.
What is the best fat to use when making thin-sliced chicken breasts?
Use coconut oil or olive oil. You can add garlic and lemon juice to the coconut oil if you want!
Coconut oil is the best choice for this dish
What kind of cheese should I use on top of thin-sliced chicken breasts?
This is up to you! My favorite is goat cheese because it has a mild taste that pairs well with a lot of different spices and herbs. Goat cheese is also healthier than other cheeses because it has fewer carbs than most cheeses!
Can I make thin-sliced chicken with cheese instead of goat cheese?
Yes! It doesn’t matter what type of cheese you use! And as long as the cheese is not too thick, it will still be delicious for you!
Chicken breasts are a healthy low-carb alternative to whole wheat breading for chicken breasts. Coconut oil and olive oil can be added to the chicken while cooking and on top of it in order to add flavor and various different kinds of seasoning. If you want, you can use different kinds of cheese other than goat cheese instead of baking with goat cheese!